PDA

View Full Version : Drawings

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 12:55 PM
Since S.W.A.G. is temp down, I have some drawings for all to look at, let me know what you think, here is the first, recon speeder is the craft designation

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 12:56 PM
the second, command speeder variant 3

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 12:56 PM
here is the command speeder, some reason with last post didn't attach.

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 12:58 PM
and the last vehicle i have small enough to fit on scanner, striker assault craft

Grimace
11 December 2005, 06:53 PM
Say, those are pretty darn good! I might have a use for you ;)

Do you draw starships?

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 07:22 PM
see post for drawings of starships in B17G in star wars. in one thread i have a list of all drawings either complete or near complete

gmjabreson
11 December 2005, 07:55 PM
If anyone willing to give it a go and stat these vehicles for game play I will gladly post more here for the same treatment, feel free to use these vehicles for own campaigns, they are imperial vehicles i suppose i better add.

Darth_Cassed
13 December 2005, 03:09 AM
I must agree with Grimace, those are pretty top-notch :D

gmjabreson
13 December 2005, 05:52 AM
here is a starship(not statted) named the Argus Class Cruiser

gmjabreson
13 December 2005, 05:53 AM
and here is the Gargoyle class Frigates

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 December 2005, 12:03 AM
definately, those are pretty good work :)

gmjabreson
14 December 2005, 10:19 AM
all these vehicles and ships, plus many others will be included into the Marching Orders- Guide to Imperial Sector Forces Sourcebook. All My works and others will be inside that book for all to enjoy.

Deano
24 December 2005, 05:07 AM
Very nice pics. I look forward to seeing more!!!

Deano

JediMoonkea
3 January 2006, 11:13 AM
You should get deckplans for these things, especially the Gargoyle class frigates - that ship looks awesome. I want one!

gmjabreson
3 January 2006, 01:35 PM
trying to give me new ideas for books? maybe a deckplans sourcebook with ships like star destroyers, moncal cruisers, corvettes, gunships frigates and other things?

JediMoonkea
3 January 2006, 02:19 PM
Heck, if you're really up for all of that, knock yourself out :D

Omniscience
4 January 2006, 03:04 PM
Deckplans... stats... pictures... a revamped construction style for ships... we need it all, badly. Anythinig anyone can provide would be appreciated, as SotG is sorely out of date, and we know that no one is going to continue to focus on something as complicated as ships, because they keep coming out with 'resource' material. I can make my own stories, d*ng it! I need STATS!!! I need something to flush out my stories and make it playable!!! I am a start and finish kind of guy. I can think of an intro, and an ending, but someone else has to do the rest. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. That's all.

gmjabreson
7 January 2006, 07:42 AM
all drawings here and at other places on the holonet of mine will be involved with the book Marching Orders that we are working on. It won't have deckplans but that is for an entirely different book. I won't be tackling that dummy until i finish this sourcebook, and possibly another one for the EU.

Anyways, I am glad to get the comments on these drawings and once i get my head out of a certain tailpipe(ie:Drawing smaller so they can scan better).

keep the comments rolling in if you feel like it, these drawings have already been stat'ed and field tested by my game group. as more people join the sourcebook, the sooner it will be released to the general population, after the moderators have a go at it.

gmjabreson
16 January 2006, 01:05 PM
another one i've been working on, it will be in the sourcebook too

(TM-TB) Tracked Mobile-Turbolaser Battery

Bob Boop
7 February 2006, 04:32 AM
honestly, I think you should add more detail, and make them 3D, that would be a lot better, but they are good the way they are now though

Vanger Chevane
7 February 2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bob Boop
honestly, I think you should add more detail, and make them 3D, that would be a lot better, but they are good the way they are now though
It's being looked into, but the lack of a complete Turbolaser model/mesh and Darth RL are keeping progress to a crawl. ;)

gmjabreson
7 February 2006, 03:45 PM
the TM-TB drawing was a microsoft paint, can only do so much with that program, the others were actual one's that i drew out with paper and pens, so they can get more detailed.

I've got about 80 drawings of various ships and vehicles in the works, most of them are done, but some are just rough outlines right now. As I find more inspirational ideas I try to incorporate them as best I can into the new designs. Once I get a big enough scanner I'll be able to put them all on here, but also holding off on doing that for them to be premiered in the Marching Orders sourcebook, the team and I are working on. Once I get a big enough scanner, most of my drawings are bigger than a 8 X 12 inch scanner page, so i would have to try things with it that i haven't done in a long time and forgotten.

Hopefully they will be there soon. Until then I'll just have to learn how to draw smaller designs. Then try to cram all the itty bitty details onto them as well.

gmjabreson
15 February 2006, 03:41 AM
it's been a couple of crazy weeks with me. Did some more drawings, but again, they are too big for scanner to scan all at once. I tried scanning them in sections, but this stupid computer don't have a proper program to assemble them back together right.

Leave it to my parents to be pains in the rear. They won't let me have my computer hooked up to internet, so i can use my programs to work up things, and of course, they don't have a cd burner on thier computer either. So i have to rely on the old floppy disks to get stuff from this computer to mine:mad:

Plus I've been busy working through writers block for the sourcebook the team and I are working on. On top of that, I'm dealing with a stupid cold that don't want to leave me alone at all. What a way to spend valentine's day, sick in bed.

Once I finally discipline myself on drawing size, i'll scan more drawings and place them here. Feel free to use any of the drawings for games if you'd like. Better views and drawings will be added to the Sourcebook once they get figured out.;)

Until then, you all have a nice day.

gmjabreson
21 February 2006, 10:06 AM
ok, so besides deckplans on some ships out there, is there any other particular ship/vehicle people would like to see or that they would like me to do for them? I have difficulty drawing SD's but getting better at them.

gmjabreson
27 February 2006, 07:45 AM
here's one of the space stations that i drew up that will be in the Marching Orders book....base is called spectre station.
Sorry about the backside bleed through of the drawing on the other side, scanner kinda funny about picking up on that stuff and letting it through.

Vanger Chevane
27 February 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by gmjabreson
here's one of the space stations that i drew up that will be in the Marching Orders book....base is called spectre station.
Sorry about the backside bleed through of the drawing on the other side, scanner kinda funny about picking up on that stuff and letting it through.
I'll bet your scanner has a white/shiny lid that allows light to get though the paper twice. Try putting a sheet of someting matte black, like Construction Paper, behind your drawings to help beat the bleed-thru.

gmjabreson
27 February 2006, 04:34 PM
yeah its white lidded, on some of the drawings i sent ya i figured out if i put a notepad on top of the drawings it blocks it out

Vanger Chevane
28 February 2006, 02:03 PM
I've been sewing together some of the peicemeal ones, think right now I'm into or through "d". :P

tauchiss
19 March 2006, 04:27 PM
great drawings!!!

fallenjedi51
20 March 2006, 12:18 PM
I would like to show you one a few of my drawings tell me what you think

fallenjedi51
21 March 2006, 05:23 PM
here is one of them

fallenjedi51
21 March 2006, 05:30 PM
here is another

gmjabreson
22 March 2006, 10:53 AM
the second drawing you posted here, fallen, was very interesting. I have more drawings ready to go, but I have not put them here, since they will be used in the upcoming Marching Orders sourcebook. I have been looking for computer programs so i don't have to use the wimpy, antiquated windows paint program.
If anyone else feels like posting drawings here, go for it. The thread isn't all about my drawings, so please go ahead. I've gotten a bunch of artwork concepts from several of my team mates, all look interesting and great.

gmjabreson
29 March 2006, 05:41 AM
i know everyone has been wanting to see if I could do 3d versions of drawings. I have done a couple for the book, but here are a sneak peak of two of them. the cruiser isn't quite finished yet. I still need to finish up the fine detailing.

gmjabreson
29 March 2006, 05:42 AM
here's the cruiser drawing

gmjabreson
19 July 2006, 02:43 PM
I've got more drawing done, but keeping them secretive, for now.... Once I get them right, I'll be coordinating to put them in the upcoming book that is still getting worked on.. stats are flowing in, and everything is getting close.

gmjabreson
18 September 2006, 08:53 AM
another ship designed for the Marching Orders book. Heard a few times about medical cruisers, so went ahead and designed one.

gmjabreson
18 September 2006, 08:54 AM
and a new artillery vehicle design as well.

Darth_Xanthor
27 September 2006, 10:17 AM
wow, i like those, I really do.

If i am jealous of 1 thing in this world, it's people who can draw

gmjabreson
30 September 2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you, I'd post more but at the moment I'm trying to save up some of them for the book. That's right folks, the thing is getting alot closer to being finished.

but when I scan some more drawings, I'll probably offer a tease of them here as well, others are welcome to contribute here, not just me lol. If I would have known how much I'd be posting drawings here I'd have named the thread something else, lol.

gmjabreson
6 November 2006, 06:01 AM
Thank god these are still here, My computer crashed. Yes that means I lost the drawings for the book I had on there, so means I'll have lots of rescanning to do.

Also means I'm thankful for keeping things low tech and sticking with pencil/pen and paper for all my notes, or those would be gone too.

gmjabreson
22 February 2007, 10:52 AM
got another one here folks. This one is for the Misfits and Miscreants game, and will be in it shortly.

Uron Teff
22 February 2007, 11:11 AM
That's truely a cool picture, makes me think about a double Cloud City. Cool picture.

gmjabreson
22 February 2007, 12:18 PM
yeah, was going for the "Cloud City meets a Dumbbell" kinda look to it, with a bit of the Star Trek type Space docks look. Turned out pretty good. I've got some other one's I've been working on that I have yet to scan, had time to get that one scanned today though.

chiefcaptin
22 February 2007, 06:36 PM
Had a great thought here. Add star fighters and small transports to the bottom half top. It would make an awsome landing deck.

Poe
27 February 2007, 12:26 PM
I have to say, I like that you've maintained a Star Wars "look" for these. Other than that they're well done, that has to be what stands out most for me. They're original, but yet hold the right sense of story environment. Maybe I'm thinking way ahead here, but have you experimented with inks and/or vector imaging? These are two mediums I'd like to take the time to get the hang of myself because of what we see in a lot of published work. I ask because you might be able to offer some pointers. ;)

gmjabreson
27 February 2007, 12:36 PM
well all of these that I've put on here were drawn out by pencil first, then inked over. Don't have much experience with computer imaging, as much as I would like to.

Poe
27 February 2007, 12:43 PM
Just looked at some of the earlier ones in the thread....

Overall, these are quite simply fantastic! I can certainly see how they would lend to making a great book.

gmjabreson
28 February 2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you. I've got a few more I've been working on. Some new ones, but mostly older ones that are too big I'm redrawing in a smaller scale to get them down to one page.

Those are going pretty good, in fact I've actually completed some that were just "roughs," but they aren't anymore.:D I've got some requests for others that I'll be getting to, and might be creating a bit of an entertainment thread....but that's for later on.

I'll post more drawings when I'm not busy creating them and get the time and solitude to scan them onto this "thing" I get to work with...
'Til then, peace.

gmjabreson
19 September 2008, 07:37 PM
For those that remember the early version posted here of the Gargoyle Class Frigate, well I went and finished it as a "finalized product."

Stats for it will be in Marching Orders, but by all means enjoy the new final version of the ship as it will appear in the book.

GM J