PDA

View Full Version : Caamas and a Bothan named Tosk-tar’ilya questions.

Marty-Wan
15 December 2005, 05:35 AM
Okay … So, I’m trying to find a core planet to send my heroes to so they can be away from Naboo while the Trade Federation starts their blockade and I picked Caamas (page 59 of the Coruscant and the Core Worlds Sourcebook). I picked it because in the EU books that I’ve read it was devastated however in the time frame we are playing in (pre-Episode I) it’s still intact and I thought it would be cool to see it in a new light. I only know a little about the Caamasi, I do remember something with the Bothans and the Mon Cals but that’s after our time so I don’t think I’ll need to research it too much.

My question is about Tosk-tar’ilya, was he featured in an EU book? Because I can’t seem to remember him. Also the description for him (on page 63 of the Coruscant and the Core Worlds Sourcebook) seems to be after the devastation of Caamas, so can I assume that early on he was more dignified in appearance?

Really what I’m getting at is – I want to set up a short adventure where the heroes are assigned (from senator Palpatine himself) to secretly transport a young Tosk-tar’ilya to Caamas, so he can “meet” with a Caamasi senator before he leaves for Coruscant (providing more insurance that Palpatine will become Supreme Chancellor, but the heroes don’t know this), this will also leave Tosk-tar’ilya on Caamas to betray it some 15 years later. Naturally everything will not go off successfully, space pirates, crash landings, getting lost in the woods, and other things to make the voyage “interesting”. What I’m looking to find out if this scenario is possible given a Bothan’s life span and if it conflicts with other EU materials? I guess I don’t know enough about Tosk-tar’ilya.

Ronin
15 December 2005, 05:39 AM
Well, it's quite probable that your players don't know much about him either...so do whatever you like ;)
I don't know how canon you like to keep things, but I think it's reasonable if you wanna bend things a little. Detailing these events (getting that Bothan onto Caamas) seems really interesting...I say go for it!

Marty-Wan
15 December 2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
I don't know how canon you like to keep things, but I think it's reasonable if you wanna bend things a little. Detailing these events (getting that Bothan onto Caamas) seems really interesting...I say go for it!

I always try and keep things cannon, I believe that the players need to feel that they are 100% a part of what they have seen in the films or read in the books. I wanted to keep things inline with the books and even provide a back-story for the back-story, make the players feel that their actions in fact influenced the outcome of the movies in some small part.