PDA

View Full Version : OOC: A Random List of Anonymous Persons



darkforcerising
15 December 2005, 06:10 PM
This is the OOC thread for A Random List of Anonymous Persons. I have no objections to you guys making OOC comments on the other thread, just so long as it is marked "OOC" This is for other related comments questions and such. And you can go ahead and post your final and finished character on here if you feel so inclined. Or don't, and be mysterious. After all, you are supposed to be complete strangers.

king_watto
15 December 2005, 09:30 PM
ya! done with exams!! im ready to play!!!!

watto

pilnick1944
16 December 2005, 03:52 AM
Hey. I'll post in a few hours. I'd post now but I have some stuff to do. Including lasagne. Yum.
I take it my char's entering the place, not already in, right?

Stormrider
16 December 2005, 03:52 AM
Shaka: Adult Male Barabel, Scout 1/Soldier 3; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Bonus); Def 20 (+3 Dex, +4 Class, +3 Species); Spd 10m; VP/WP 34/12; Atk +5 melee (1d3+2, punch), +5 melee (1d6+2, claw) +5 melee (1d6+2 tail) +5 melee (1d6+2 bite) , +6 or +2/+2 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, Blaster [Carbine]), +6 ranged (3d6+1, crit 18-20, Blaster [Sniper Rifle, SoroSuub X-45]); SQ Claws, Darkvision, Ferocious attack, Primitive, Radiation resistance, Tail; SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1; SZ M; FP: 4; Rep: +1; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8.

Equipment: Blaster [Carbine], Blaster [Sniper Rifle, SoroSuub X-45],

Field Kit (Contains 2x condensing canteens with water purification, 1x sunshield roll, 1x week's worth of food rations, 2x glow rods, 2x breath masks, 24x filters, 12x atmospheric canisters, and an all-temperature cloak) Power pack x4,

Utility Belt (Contains 3 days rations, 1x Medpac, 1x Tool kit, 1x Power pack, 1x Energy Cell, 1x Glow rod, 1x Comlink, Couple Empty Pouches)

Skills: Craft (blaster pistols and rifles) +7, Demolitions +8, Hide +7, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (Tactics) +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Speak Basic, Read/Write Barabel, Repair +8, Speak Barabel, Spot +4, Survival +6

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Far Shot, Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Skill Emphasis (Survival), Weapons Group Proficiency
,( blaster rifles, primitive weapons, simple weapons

darkforcerising
16 December 2005, 04:05 AM
Right, everybody is approaching the Cantina. Essentially, you'll all be entering in the order you post. The time now is 1856, so if you want to do something beforehand there is a short amount of time.

pilnick1944
16 December 2005, 10:05 AM
Hmm, just thought about it - olineisfine, just because my char thinks that everybody's in doesn't mean you can't enter... oh no, no, no, that's one impression I did not want anyone to have.
Just making sure, otherwise coolly cool.

darkforcerising
17 December 2005, 06:20 PM
One thing though guys, I'll control the actions of the NPC's and the setup of the scenes. If you want, as players, to toss in characters that aren't there then make sure they don't affect the actual scene (like Noa's Twi'lek is just fine). Also, I have a very detailed setup of the scene and very specific backgrounds and motivations of each character in the BM. There is no fight outside the cantina and no weird Twi'leks, but you can have complete freedom with your character. If you want to start a fight, then please do so within the scenario I've set up (and keep in mind there will be realistic consequences, ok? i.e. :stormtpr:.)

Thanks.

Stormrider
18 December 2005, 05:20 PM
Starting Wednesday the 21st I will be out of town until the 30th and won't be back on the holonet until the 31st. please NPC Shaka. Just thought I'd give you several days warning.

darkforcerising
19 December 2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the head's-up. We'll try not to get him killed :D (and have a good time).

darkforcerising
20 December 2005, 04:07 AM
Getting the message olineisfine :D Is there anything else your the merry men need to know or take care of in the cantina? If not then we'll go ahead and wrap up the scene.

Also, please post any feedback/suggestions/complaints/etc you might have. Like I said, this is my first try at this and I'm always looking for ways I can do better. Thanks.

king_watto
23 December 2005, 04:23 AM
hey, im sorry you didnt get this earlier, but i am going to be out of town from dec. 25 to jan 1. think you could NPC Rann for me darkforce? i think i posted this when we were starting in the traders infonet, but you must not have read it. is this ok?

darkforcerising
23 December 2005, 03:39 PM
Gotcha covered, Have a good time by the way.

king_watto
23 December 2005, 07:05 PM
ok. thanks alot man. i will post up untill the day i leave so you dont have to post untill then. when i get back i'll PM you. thanks again.

pilnick1944
26 December 2005, 09:53 AM
Hey there, comrades. Just came back from a small Christmas trip, sorry for keeping silent. I'll try to come up with a post real soon.

darkforcerising
26 December 2005, 11:56 AM
Not to worry pilnick, I actually just logged on to post the same message. Anyway, I'm back from Christmas vacation from the game. I apologize for not letting you all know beforehand. Let the games resume!

Oh yeah, and I'll have a map up by tonight so you can have a little bit better idea of what the setup of the exchange is.

darkforcerising
30 December 2005, 04:59 AM
Just posting this to let you guys know that I have NOT abandoned the game by any means (in fact I have still been checking it twice a day). I just feel a little uncomfortable charging forward with only 50 percent of the team actually present. Once Stormrider gets back (tomorrow) we should be able to get going, and king_watto will be back the day after that.

darkforcerising
2 January 2006, 05:54 PM
There is a delicatessen across the street from the apartment building, catty-corner from the opera house. The front door is locked as well as the back door, though I don't imagine that's going to stop Anath...
There are indeed a number of citizens on the street that see
him approach the shop. It has large windows in front that face the alley.

olineisfine
2 January 2006, 05:57 PM
ok well, heres my question, umm what should I roll for to see if I can gain entry to the building without the civies noticing much, or can I just blast them away?

king_watto
2 January 2006, 11:20 PM
hey guys. im back. just fyi.

darkforce, i assume you will tell us where our targets are going to be and how far they are from us etc. right? is this upon request, or are you going to incorporate that into the story.

-king_watto-

darkforcerising
3 January 2006, 05:57 AM
Either way. But if you have any questions at all about the game, setup, details, nearby buildings just ask, just like any face to face game.

You've probably already noticed this, but I put Rann just outside the side door of the opera house inside the alley.

And to olineisfine, you can roll a strength check to break it (its transparisteel with a duristeel frame), you could blast it but people would undoubtedly notice, or a Disable Device to pick the lock. DC for a pick looks to be somewhere in the 15-25 range, a fairly inexpensive lock on the front door.

olineisfine
3 January 2006, 03:53 PM
ok what would i have to roll for a STR or blast to break it, in the mean time i rolled a 15 so you can use that and write in what happens, and then i can take it from there.

king_watto
3 January 2006, 07:34 PM
ok. gotcha. thanks.

darkforcerising
10 January 2006, 03:59 AM
I'm just curious, but is this game still going? I realize I'm the GM and it is mostly my responsibility to propel the game forward but it's hard to do that without players. So, being toally honest, what's up? Stormrider hasn't posted since 17 December, and for the rest of us the post rate is pretty slow. Like I said before, this is my first time and I need help!

Stormrider
10 January 2006, 06:39 AM
A. I was on vacation from December 21st to the 30th. and was tired from that.

B. I've been sicker than a dog..vomiting sick.....with a nasty cough.

olineisfine
10 January 2006, 11:30 AM
het darkforcerising, if you check the ic, and start moving the game along a little and post alot maybe the players will come back, i also know i have atleast 2 questions on here you never answered.

pilnick1944
10 January 2006, 02:41 PM
I'm there, I'm there... just that I've had a lot of work which happened to synchronise nicely with my fiance's free time and my fiance had lots of work wich happened to synchronise with my free time... so I wasn't able to use the comp for such lofty things as the Holonet. I'll try to post tomorrow, however.

PS. Reading a translation of RotS. Never do that. Read the originals. Cuts down on the 'crap translation' factor. Big time.
PS2. Just a memo note for me :D

darkforcerising
11 January 2006, 07:04 AM
Initiative order:

Rann: 20 (higher Dex)
RENinc Mercs (on roof): 20
Noa: 20
Anath: 16
Shaka: 15
ISB: 10
Stormtroopers: 7
RENinc (on ground): 3
Aliens: 3

I don't usually count distance and ammo, or worry too much LOS and cover. I hate it when the game gets too tactical. So don't worry overmuch about exacts.

pilnick1944
11 January 2006, 07:05 AM
Am I correct in assuming that the four aliens are in the alley, together with the humans - two of which are on the roofs? Because I got a tad confused...

darkforcerising
11 January 2006, 04:12 PM
Right, sorry. All four aliens are in the alley. Two humans are on the roof, and three (now two) are in the alley.

king_watto
11 January 2006, 05:47 PM
hey darkforce. did you get my pm? if not, i want to take cover behind a dumpster and target the closest suited man to me.

darkforcerising
12 January 2006, 05:46 AM
Oh yeah, I got it. I had assumed that was before the combat got started. Sorry I didn't reply.

king_watto
13 January 2006, 04:17 PM
Also, are we going in initiative order? Or are we acting in a surprise round... Just wondering because Anath fired first.

-watto-

darkforcerising
16 January 2006, 06:49 AM
Due to external circumstances, and to the fact that the game isn't going all that well, I've decided to end "A Random List." I apologize and thank all of you who played. This has been my first foray into PbP GMing and I've learned a lot. Perhaps sometime in the future I can try again. Thanks again.

-darkforcerising

olineisfine
16 January 2006, 06:51 AM
o you mean cause we were always here but you never showed up, right, thats why it isnt going well,

coldskier0320
16 January 2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by olineisfine
o you mean cause we were always here but you never showed up, right, thats why it isnt going well,

Wel that's a fairly-to-excessively rude thing to say. Wouldn't a simple, "Thanks for giving it a try, I had fun while it lasted.", be more appropriate, and much more civil? I don't know where you came from, or how the general populace treated their GMs there, but here, we tend to like 'em. We like 'em because we appreciate the effort and gumption it takes to assemble a group and run a game. And if it doesn't work out, well, we hope that the GM learned from it, so that he can do better next time. Even my first game fell flat on its face.

Also, dfr did mention that it was due to external circumstances, that he apparently doesn't want to discuss. It probably isn't a good idea to make a hasty judgement as to the validity of those circumstances, especially because you have no idea of what they are.

You're also setting yourself up for a fall. Anyone who reads your post identifies you as a hostile, and fairly immature gamer. This means that many people will be leery of gaming with you at all. Unless I were to see significant changes, you'd never play in any game I'll ever run. With each game you play in, you build your reputation here. Everyone that games with you gets an idea of how you act, and uses that to determine whether they want you in future games, thus its usually a good idea to be polite and considerate, not at all like you were in the aforementioned post.

Finally, flaming is one of the most severe offenses on this forum, and your post comes dangerously close to the realm of flame/troll. If I were you, I'd definitely try to make things right and never post such thing again, as getting your IP banned isn't very fun.

Please, try to be more civil, eh?

Peace Out,

Cold

P.S. You'd also do well to run your posts through a spell checker, or at least proofread them before you post. I've seen your name around the boards recently, and in this short time, I've subconsciously identified you as having atrocious typing/language skills. This tends to detract from your credibility, so, again, if I were you, I'd consider this.

olineisfine
16 January 2006, 11:31 AM
naw sorry if it seems offensive, just a little ribbing and yea i know he's got the external circumstances, it wasnt meant to be taken the way people are going to take it, just a little friendly ribbing, trust me i know how hard the gm has to work, and i've already had 2 games implode on me so yea.

king_watto
16 January 2006, 09:58 PM
Ok. Thanks so much for the effort you put into this game darkforce. You and me were in a similar situation. This game was actually the first RPG game I ever played in any RPG so thanks for the experience. From your example on how you run things, i am starting a game here with my friends at school. It was fun while it lasted. :) Thanks again!

Also, to all you other players, thanks also for things you taught me about how to reply to people and describe your situation. Hope to see you all in other games!

-king_watto-

pilnick1944
16 January 2006, 11:10 PM
Aye. Thanks to you too, king watto. See you around.