PDA

View Full Version : IC: Geonosis: The Return (Clones)

Mack Jace
19 December 2005, 11:41 AM
(This is the IC Thread for the Clones of Geonosis: The Return)

Star Wars
Geonosis: The Return

It is a time of unity for the Republic. Many worlds are at peace with one another, and the whole of the Republic is prospering. But there is trouble brewing. For on the Outer Edges of space, the Conderacy of Independent Systems has been causing many star systems to secede, and has therefore begun to cause civil war within the Republic. This war is ready to boil over when Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Senator Padme Amidala are captured by the CIS. As the Jedi prepare a covert assault on the little-known world of Geonosis, Jedi Master Yoda has gone to Kamino, to bring the clones there to Geonosis to rescue the Jedi.....

As the Acclamator-Class ship Kaysar departed from the world of Kamino and prepared to enter Hyperspace, six Clone Commandoes sat inside one of the Private Briefing Rooms of Commander Keron. The six ranged in different specialties, but all needed to work together to accomplish their mission. There were also four clone pilots, identified by their bright yellow markings on their clone armor. Two other clones stood by the door, waiting for the Commander to begin the briefing. As their sensors alerted them to the Commander's approach, they called out, "OFFICER ON DECK!" All clones in the room stood immediately to attention as the Commander entered the room. He was a burly man, with a thick handlebar mustache, and a receding hairline beneath his cap (think civil war hats). As he spoke, he commanded the room, and all could tell that he was in charge. He had a slight accent, but was understandable. "At ease, men. As some of you may know, we are en route to Geonosis." He pulled out a holoprojector, turned it on, and the lights dimmed. A holograph of Geonosis came up, and he continued talking. "Our mission is to rescue the jedi that are also en route there to save some hostages that the CIS has taken. You are here to get in, and get out with the Jedi. You also have an opportunity objective." He clicked a button, and the image changed from the planet to one of it's inhabitants, a Geonosian. Keron pointed to it, and said, "This is Sun Fac, the Head Lieutenant of the Archduke. He has been dealing with multiple corporations to fund the CIS, and we need to know which ones. If possible, capture Sun Fac and learn as much as possible about his dealings." He shut the holoprojector off, and the lights came back on. "Any questions?"

OOC: I'll have the info from your HUDs, later today.

Yan Kai
19 December 2005, 12:20 PM
D-1161-12 stands straight. "What is the expected resistence sir?"

Mack Jace
20 December 2005, 08:59 AM
D-1161-12 stands straight. "What is the expected resistence sir?" The Commander folds his hands and sighs. "I wish I knew. We have no knowledge whatsoever of the enemy forces, and we probably wouldn't go anywhere near there if it weren't for the Jedi. Intel is trying to gather as much info as possible before we arrive and they've dispatched a recon ship to try to get us a visual on where you will be going. However, work has been slow, as we do not want to tip the enemy off to our coming. But we will get you some sort of visual confirmation of the target." He pauses, then adds, "Any other questions?"

OOC: sorry the maps are taking so long, I'm typing this at school, and I have the maps at home. I will try to get them tonight though.

Yan Kai
20 December 2005, 09:15 AM
D-1161-12 nods his head slightly, still looking straight ahead and at perfect attention. "Just one more sir, what do we do after lunch?"

GrimmSleeper
21 December 2005, 09:49 AM
"I'll take a serving of Geonosian blood while it's still warm", A-1717 says with a half-cocked grin.

(sorry for delay in posting i've been violently ill)

Mack Jace
21 December 2005, 10:54 AM
"Just one more sir, what do we do after lunch?"

"I'll take a serving of Geonosian blood while it's still warm"
"Well men, I wouldn't begin to count my mynocks before they hatch...We've just received word from Intel that there is a large heat signature emanating from deep underground. Now, this could be anything, but it's our suspicion that it is a droid factory, which means that you could be fighting an endless wave of enemies. However, that is not one of your priorities. We are sending another team in there to destroy the factor, or whatever is there. We've just gotten a rough map from Intel, and they lay out the attck plan for you." He taps a button, and the map begins to download onto your HUD.

Yan Kai
27 December 2005, 05:06 PM
OOC: Are we Alpha or Omega group? Are we starting at the ship?

Mack Jace
27 December 2005, 05:51 PM
OOC: Here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19158&perpage=1&pagenumber=22) is what you need to know. If nobody has anymore questions, I'll move on with the scene. But I will wait a few more days, as I know that many people have family over for New Years. And we are starting on the ship.

Rabbiddog
27 December 2005, 06:39 PM
Edited!

OOC: I was not here.

Mack Jace
29 December 2005, 04:30 PM
The Commander views the briefing room, and sees that no one has any more questions. "Well gentlemen, I have to go. I have to brief others about the mission. If you have any more questions, I'm sure the Lieutenant here can answer them for you." He takes out a comlink and speaks softly into it. A few seconds later, a grizzled, older man walks through the door. The Commander shakes his hand and whispers something in his ear. He walks briskly out the door, and the man is left standing there. He pulls out a cigar, and begins to speak. " 'Lo there, name's Rem. I'll be your armorer for today, so what'll it be?" He has a deep voice, one that does not seem right for a man his age. He is pretty muscular, but he is well past his prime. SF-925 stands up, his Katarn armour gleaming. He salutes Rem, who sizes him up, but instead of saluting back, extends his hand and smiles. "It's been a long time. How've ya been?" 925 shakes his hand vigorously. "Not bad sir. Yourself?" As 925 sits down, Rem just laughs. "Well Flash, I've been pretty good. Now back to business. I've got a few datapads here, everyone just fill out what you want, and I'll do my best to get it." He hands out the datapads, and Flash stands up once again. "Since we will be facing large amounts of droids, I suggest that you stock up on some ion grenades, and anything that'll hurt them." He sits down and picks up his datapad, and begins writing.

1x Katarn Armor
1x DC-17m MABR w/ Grenade Launcher Attachment
1x DC-15s
3x C-16 Frag Grenades
1x Utility Belt w/ Assault Pack
2x EMP Grenades

Total Weight: 24 kg. OOC: I assume that everyone will want to stay under their light load, so just post the total weight you are carrying.

He hands the datapad back to Rem, and analyzes the map that they were given.

OOC: Okay, don't panic for those who haven't posted. You can still ask questions, I'm just trying to move things along faster. Could everyone post in the OOC what their specialties are? Just so that we don't have too many of each specialty. BTW, I will post the stats for the EMPs in the OOC. Thanks.

Yan Kai
4 January 2006, 07:00 AM
Barrier takes the datapad once the Lieutenant is finished. Taking of his white helmet he writes in the following:

DC-17 Blaster Rifle with grenade Launcher Module
3 clips of 5 grenades each for the grenade launcher
DC-15 Combat pistol
Belt of 4 frag grenades
2 Thermal Detonators
4 ion grenades
4 kilograms of Detonite; 6 remote Detonators
2 medpacks
Katarn Armour
Utility belt
Assault Pack

(Total Weight: 28.5 kg) Light Load

Once finished Barrier hands it on to the next Clone Trooper.

Yan Kai
4 January 2006, 07:00 AM
Sorry, I accidentally posted the same thing twice. :D
How do you delete a post?

Mack Jace
6 January 2006, 11:35 AM
OOC: You can't, so don't worry about it. It looks as if I'm going to have to NPC Max Ordo, Grimmsleeper, and Fallen Jedi. I'm going to give them the same load out as I have, so they'll have a fighting chance.

IC:

As the others hand in their datapads, Rem says, "I'll have your orders on the Bird ASAP." He leaves you sitting there, and after a few minutes, Flash stands up. "Alright boys, it looks as if briefing is done, so let's head over to Maintenance to get our suits fixed." You file out of the room, and the pilots follow behind.

OOC: I'm going to fast-forward till when we're dropping out of the ship on the LAAT/i on our way to the Arena. I'm not gonna bring us to the actual arena till the right moment, so you'll have plenty of time to RP.

IC:

As the ship gets clearance from Control, there is a slight jolt as the hangar bay doors open wide, revealing the massive desert of a planet called Geonosis. The ship is pelted with small rocks that broke away from the planet's rings, but nothing too big. The co-pilot gets out of his seat and walks to where you are seated. "Alight boys, we're coming in on the night side of the planet, so we don't attract their attention too early. It's gonna be a fairly long ride, so just hang tight." He walks back to his seat and the ship begins to shake as you enter the atmosphere. Luckily you had your suits modified to adjust for the sand and heat of the dusty planet. You wait...and wait...and wait...

OOC: Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, do whatever you want. Just don't blow a hole in the ship.:D

Yan Kai
6 January 2006, 12:53 PM
OOC: I'll try not to. Even if I am carrying enough explosives to destroy a small moon.

IC: Barrier looks out at the red dusty planet passing beneath them. So this is Geonosis. He wanders how the Jedi are doing. Why the Sith would they wait, wait and see how many Jedi were slaughtered until they came to the heroic rescue. He should be fighting right alongside the Jedi. But no, they had to wait.
Of course Barrier says none of this aloud. Instead he turns towards Bingo, the sniper. "Your equipment all checked?"

Yan Kai
7 January 2006, 07:25 PM
OOC: The GM probably already knows this but we [the clones] have to get posting or we will play no part in the Jedi's campaign.

Rabbiddog
7 January 2006, 07:44 PM
ooc: Yes I picked up one of the Paddies and still have the clone just waiting on Mack to get ti rollin. The Jedi are already in the heat of battle.

Mack Jace
8 January 2006, 04:24 AM
OOC: As you probably already know, the clone game and the jedi game are no longer one. Oline likes a fast paced game, and so do I, but I'm gonna update whenever Max posts, and I'm gonna NPC the others. If Max doesn't post by this afternoon, I'll NPC him through the first round of combat (which we'll be getting to shortly). Check the OOC soon for Posting guidelines.

Yan Kai
12 January 2006, 11:05 AM
OOC: I take it this campaign went down in flames?

Yan Kai
12 January 2006, 11:05 AM
OOC: I accidently posted the same thing twice again, my apologies.

olineisfine
12 January 2006, 11:17 AM
yea, it went down, me and mack were talking today, but i have openings in games if you want, considering I've taken in most of the players already.