PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Praxis City

Omniscience
19 December 2005, 12:20 PM
You know the drill: Plus any concerns are questions post here or PM me. I will also answer any questions about Character knowledge - Because since we are dealing with a new planet, General SW knowledge will not be quite as useful.

P.S: I will be posting a attatched map soon, for characters to view the city.

Socrets
19 December 2005, 04:46 PM
Heck yeah! Can't wait to get started!

darth_phobeius
19 December 2005, 07:26 PM
Setting: Time and Where in the Galaxy
Also can you PM any character knowledge my character will have so I can work up a full background on him.

darth_phobeius
19 December 2005, 10:37 PM
I sent you a PM with my initial background story. When you give me any info on the character kowledge and anyone he might know I will do up a lot more on the background. I left out a lot of details because I was not sure what exactly the situation you want him in is. If it is okay with you I will work up generic stats for the Medics and such to help out. Also I was not sure if there will be any medical droids but I put them there anyways and will change accordingly.
Can't wait to play.

Omniscience
20 December 2005, 02:45 PM
Okay. Now, for the nitty gritty details that -I hope- I will become famous for:

Era: Right at the begnning of the Rebellion era: Approx. 11 years before the battle of Yavin: The rebel alliance is not a focused effort at this time: It is more comprised of many indeviduals, as opposed to a single unit.

The Imperials have steadily been generating more power for the Governors: They have just been granted the right to impose 'Imperial presence' unsanctioned by the governing body of the planets under their jurisdiction.

The empire's military force is growing at an alarming rate, but is not nearly at it's peak.This time is rife with Imperial propaganda, and public support for the Imperials is high: Most have been lead to believe that all dissenters are criminals -unfortunately, this is, for the most part, true- As a result, most civilian characters will have mixed views about the empire: Most view them as a political Wal Mart: Great savings, economically sound, but they need to beat on innocent children to grant civilized species more choices, and better options. People may say things against the empire with one hand, while shopping at their stores with the other, if you know what I mean.

Socrets
21 December 2005, 07:12 AM
Any restrictions on prestige classes?

Omniscience
21 December 2005, 12:38 PM
I will say this as my official statement: "I will almost always allow what is already in the game, but if the player feels a concern, feel free to clear it with me first. This applies more to possible restrictions to possible additions." As far as additions go, I tend to take my time to consider possible consequences of additions, because since the style of GMing I run allows for very different player to player playing styles, I believe that absolute rules tend to be more of a nuisance to me, as finicky players will catch me creating a scenario in which players either feel cheated, or question my competence, either which completely destroy whatever campaign I attempt to create.

P.S: Unlimited ammo. I can never remeber to count up shots, so all my compaigns inevitably become so.

darth_phobeius
29 December 2005, 12:40 AM
Are we still on for this?

Omniscience
29 December 2005, 05:24 PM
I apologize for my lack of attention over the holidays, but my schedule has been nearly destructive. I have more free time from now on, so I be posting regularly again. Yes this campaign is still going: I have set the cutoff start date for Jan. 5, 2006. I would ask for players to invite other potential players, as I am still a few characters short of what I would consider 'perfect'.

Again, I would like to apologize for my tardiness, and would like to extend my thanks, in advance, to all the players who believed in this campaign from the getgo, for making it a success.

Omniscience
29 December 2005, 06:01 PM
Oh yeah, I just remebered to do something I have forgotten!
These are some fairly generic adaptations that I have made as far as additional attack options, and defensive options.

Choke hold.
Offensive melee maneuver (attack action)
May only be used on a opponent who is unaware of character's presence
Requires melee attack roll to beat opponents Defense: Since opponent is unaware, Defense =10.
Failure: opponent becomes aware. Failure by 5+ Provokes an attack of opportunity.
Success: Players make opposed grapple checks: character using the choke hold recieves a +2 to grapple check. Failure: Opponent breaks loose. Success by 5 or less: opponent cannot speak, may attempt to struggle out with another opposed grapple check. Success by 5-10: Opponent cannot stuggle or speak. Player may now choose between- Choking: opponent begins suffocating, may make an escape artist check (DC =opponents previous Grapple check) -walking- may move number of meters equal to success above 5. Success by 10-15. Player has all previous options, plus player may choose to: snap neck: Strength check DC 15, success reduces opponents wounds to -8.

Ex. Infiltrator A spots a thug sleeping at his post, alone. She makes a move silently check (DC 15) and sneaks up on the thug. She then places himm in a choke hold. She succeeds in beating his defense, and then the both make an opposed grapple check. She rolls a 17, for 21. (17 +2 Str +2 choke special) Thug rolls a 5, for 6. (5 + 1 Str) Infiltraitor A beats Thug's grapple by 15! She decides to move him out of the light, so she takes her success, 15, and subtracts 5, for to get 10: She may move thug 10 Meters. But, as she is moving him, she hears footsteps approaching. She panicks, and decides to take out the thug. But since she tried to move him, she cannot break his neck. glancing around, she squeezes, hard, and the thug begins suffocating. Thug makes an escape artist check, DC 21, and rolls a 17. Unfortunately, he has no bonus, so he does not succeed. Infiltraitor A continues choking him until thug A loses all wounds, and falls, limp, to the floor.

This is but one of the many, many methods of attack and defense that me and my colleagues have come up with. I must leave now, but will post more tomorrow.

darth_phobeius
29 December 2005, 07:38 PM
The Doctor is standing by to begin although I don't think he will be using the choke hold very often = )
I might have one or two people that I can bring on board so I will do some looking around.

Omniscience
30 December 2005, 01:59 PM
Well, don't get ahead of yourself...

Here is an old favourite of defensive maneuvers:

Reverse:
May only be used when fighting with full defense
If a character is attacked with a melee weapon while fighting with full defense, a situation may arise where he may reverse the blow: Disarm his opponent, and make a free attack with the newly aquired weapon.
It works like this: Let's say a character has a defense of 15, and is fighting with full defense. His defense then equals 19. Now, if this character is attacked, and would have hit had he not been fighting defensively, (E.G 16-19), then the character may make a free action to disarm his opponent, and, if he succeeds, attack him with it. Now, this all comes with a catch: If the character fails the disarm, he provokes an attack of opportunity from the attacker.

This does not provoke an attack of opportunity from any other combatants, under any circumstances.

Omniscience
5 January 2006, 04:23 AM
Okay, so this is a general shout out to all players who are still creating backgrounds: It would make my life a lot easier if you found yourself, for one reason or another, heading to Praxis city, or at least the planet. Just because it lets me start a little faster, and get it started in a less generic standpoint.

darth_phobeius
5 January 2006, 06:33 AM
I posted that Maikel was already there and imbeded with the resistance doing his thing where his background left off. I hope that was okay.

Omniscience
5 January 2006, 10:20 AM
Y'know, that couldn't have fit better! I PM you with some additional information that would come with being around a little longer.

Omniscience
5 January 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I would like to suggest to players to integrate themselves into the current story as the would: You can be a resident, a refugee, a merc lookin' fer werk, a dreamer for the rebellion seeking support from Praxis city. Anything else you can think of to get yourself into the city would work fine, from deserting stormtrooper to disenchanted Pirate searching for a higher purpose. And I have decided to open up the campaign to more players than six, as i just realized how much the campaign would benefit from more people, so ask your friends!

darth_phobeius
5 January 2006, 11:55 PM
I stepped out to let you guide it where ever you want it to go so you go to it boss and lead on.

Omniscience
7 January 2006, 05:51 AM
Rightm a quick question: Do you guys prefer a Gm lead when RPing? I have always played where the GM conforms to the players, who make the first mive, but if that isn't cool with you people, then I can change it around so that I'll be a little more specific in my adventuring. Let me know what you think, and I'll see what the popular opinion is.

darth_phobeius
7 January 2006, 06:38 AM
I like a mix of both. I like to be able to do what I want and make my mistakes but like for the meeting of the other players I kinda like to rely on the GM since I can't say [I go and find Socrets who I have never met] kinda thing.
Does any of this make sense or am I just babbling?
Lead the way GM and I will follow or screw myself in the process by deciding not to take the ship you suggested thru an NPC and get on the one that flys into a black hole.:D

PsychoInfiltrator
7 January 2006, 03:42 PM
I don't know about you, but I like this Kaj guy already...think I'll ever get to meet him? ;) ...I'll be watching this campaign intently.

With Regards,
Psych.

Omniscience
10 January 2006, 12:26 PM
Okay, so at your behest, I have decided to make a little adjustment to the style of my posts. To make it a little easier to visualize on a game mat, I'll add a little point form thing about the general surroundings, and locations of characters, enemies, and obstacles.

Socrets
24 January 2006, 07:36 PM
Ummm. Yeah not to sound impatient or anything but it's been almost two weeks. Sorry if I sound impatient but my life outside of SWRPG is pretty boring and this campaign was starting to get interesting. :o But real life comes first so feel free to ignore if real life has you occupied.

Omniscience
25 January 2006, 01:15 PM
Well, Socrets, I'm glad to hear someone is still thinking about this campaign. Since this seems to have slown to a standstill, I'm gonna jumpstart things a bit, So get ready...

Rabbiddog
26 January 2006, 07:02 AM
Jowtatha : Male Wookiee
Soldier 5;

Init +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative);
Defense +17 (+5 class, +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m;
VP/WP 65/16;

Atk
+7 ranged (3d10/19-20, Bowcaster, range 10 m) or
+9 melee (2d6+4/20, Vibroblade);

SQ
Wookiee Rage,
Extraordinary Recuperation;

SV
Fort +7,
Ref +3,
Will +1;

SZ M; Rep 1;

Str 19,
Dex 14,
Con 16,
Int 12,
Wis 10,
Cha 10,

Skills:
Climb+8,
Demolitions+6,
Intimidate+9,
Jump+6,
Listen+2,
Repair+6,
Search+3,
Spot+2,
Treat Injury+5.

Feats:
Armor Proficiency (light),
Armor Proficiency (medium),
Combat Reflexes,
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bowcaster),
Improved Initiative,
Point Blank Shot,
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols),
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles),
Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons),
Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons),
Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons)

"Taken by Slavers when he was young, Jowtatha was sold to an underground fighting arena that traveled from planet to planet hosting fights using slaves from various sources and races. He became quite good at fighting and was a favorite among spectators. Then came the day when his luck ran out, during one particularly bad fight he was severely wounded and left in his cage to die.

Shortly thereafter the arena was raided by Rebel troops and the slaves freed. Jowtatha was taken in by one of the officers and nursed back to health. Jowtatha being a Wookie, and in the Wookie tradition, pledged a life debt to the Officer. During a mission, the Rebel officer was killed and Jowtatha blamed himself for not being there to give his life for him. Filled with guilt, the only way the Wookie could think of honoring the Officer was to Honor his devotion to the cause and he soon Joined the Rebel forces fighting the oppressive Empire. To better serve the Rebel forces he was outfitted with a voice translator implant allowing him to be understood by basic speaking races. This is where he serves today."

Omniscience
27 January 2006, 06:57 AM
Ahh, the Wookie. A good character, but perhaps slightly ungainly due to his language barrier. I would suggest a mini translator droid, or a vocal implant so as to make him able to participate in more than gestures.

Feel free, Rabbiddog, to add something a little more inventive if you want.

Rabbiddog
27 January 2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Omniscience
Ahh, the Wookie. A good character, but perhaps slightly ungainly due to his language barrier. I would suggest a mini translator droid, or a vocal implant so as to make him able to participate in more than gestures.

Feel free, Rabbiddog, to add something a little more inventive if you want.

Check the Bio again, I updated it. Let me know if that works for you.
:)

Socrets
27 January 2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry for the late heads up but I won't be at a place with internet access until Tuesday evening. Feel free to take over my character if things get too stagnant until I get back.

Vjerzag
29 January 2006, 10:44 AM
hi guys sorry for not posting for 2 weeks but my comp was broken, now I'm back again...

Omniscience
31 January 2006, 03:38 PM
Praxis has a wide base of creatures life forms, but underground life has been dominated by a species known as the Naxy. The Naxy, or Metalhead, as they are more commonly referred to, is actually two seperate organisms, and scientists are still unsure whther to call it a symbiont relationship or a parasitic relationship. The majority of the tandem is the actually Naxy, but the face of a Naxy is covered with a second called the Pattis Coroli. The Pattis connects to the face, and covers the creature with a rock hard substance, resistant to all forms of energy and physical trauma. The Pattis then feeds of the saliva of the Naxy. The 'metalhead' that the Pattis provides causes considerable discomfort for the Naxy, but too, serves to boost the temper of the Naxy. The mouth is filled with sharp teeth, but prefers to ram with the Pattis. About half a meter in length and height, the Naxy is all muscle, and has broad, dull claws used for drilling massive underground caverns. Praxis city is actually ina cavern created by the Naxy.

revan104
3 February 2006, 05:33 AM
i want to join in but i dont have my stats yet. I'll post later. I'm planning for a human scout.

Socrets
13 February 2006, 03:22 PM
Super bump! Um. Not to sound impatient or anything but ... don't suppose we could get this moving again?

PsychoInfiltrator
15 February 2006, 05:10 PM
I happen to know that Omni hasn't given up on the game.

PsychoInfiltrator
17 February 2006, 05:30 PM
To be specific, I know that after Omni has had time to make a map, probably not for a few more days, the campgin will continue.

Omniscience
20 February 2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for covering for me while I was gone Psych. ;)

Yes, I have been making a map, but I have been trying to make it at school, and we've had a lot of snow days and stuff- I've only been at school six days of the last two weeks- and out of those, only twice have I gotten near a computer. I have decided to draw it at home, on my measly microsoft paint :( So I should be ready to post again IC in two days... hopefully. I just hate paint. Photoshop is just better.

Socrets
20 February 2006, 05:48 PM
Cool.

revan104
24 February 2006, 09:26 AM
are we still doing this?

PsychoInfiltrator
24 February 2006, 04:02 PM
Yes. Judging by his preoccupation with EAW, I figure he'll be on not long after his brothers allow him to play.

In the meantime, I get to practice rapid fire emailing him until he comes here and gets tihs game back on track.

The things I do for you guys. :)

Socrets
24 February 2006, 04:14 PM
EAW is pretty addicting. It's caused me to ignore a few games I'm in.

PsychoInfiltrator
24 February 2006, 04:46 PM
Not having a computer that can run EAW is driving me up the wall, myself.

Socrets
24 February 2006, 06:23 PM
You're joking right? Your computer must have been made in the stone age if you can't run it. The graphics are pretty simple. Hell I can run it on a 4 year old laptop.

revan104
16 March 2006, 08:48 AM
i don't believe you

Socrets400bc
18 March 2006, 03:46 PM
Just as a heads up. I forgot my password on my other account and couldn't find anyway to get the retrive password link to function. So I created a new one. So don't freak out if you see posts from socrets400bc.

PsychoInfiltrator
19 March 2006, 07:30 AM
1) It's a Pentium 1 with Win95.

2) To quote a GM you happen to know:

I've basically given up on Praxis. To much schoolwork for me to be able to keep it running. Sorry.

Sadly, Omni has informed me that, for the foseeable future, at least, Praxis is dead.