PDA

View Full Version : ANY comments on ANY of my stories. (please post here)

Jax Nova
29 December 2005, 01:39 PM
Well, i decided it would be more sensible to have just one thred for ALL my stories that way I don't clog the place up with comment threds. lol

Jax Nova
10 January 2006, 12:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone has read my last story and what you think of it.

Jax Nova
10 January 2006, 02:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has read my last story and what you think of it.

Yan Kai
11 January 2006, 08:03 AM
I read through "Memories of Pain and a Past Life" and I must say the title was awesome. Hopefully you could tell that I put a lot of thought in the titles of my short stories.

I also really liked the section int the story where Jaxson is ordering her to shoot him, it was pretty intense. I liked Jaxon Pax and thought that he was a cool hero, but not without some faults, every hero needs some faults and I think you succeeded with Jax without overdoing it.

You had a few spelling and grammar errors, something to watch out for.
Also the Sith were destroyed by this time, so Aurora would have had to be a dark of Fallen Jedi. Additionally Sith don't change their sides as quick as she did, but a Dark Jedi possibly could. None of this is meant as anything personal.

Again I thought the story was good, keep writing!

Jax Nova
12 January 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I thought of that stuff... but how Arora became a "Sith" and why she turned sides so easily is going to come out later in the story.

The spelling is really one of the harder things for me. I run it through a spell check but still don't get everything all the time.

Thanks for the advice though it's always welcome. Whatever I can do to improve myself.

I did think your titels were pretty good. That often is what I spend allot of time on is figuring what the title should be.

Yan Kai
12 January 2006, 04:31 PM
The spell checkers (at least on my typing program) are a little messed up. I can misspell a word but it happens to be the correct spelling of a completely different word so I know what you mean.

Jax Nova
13 January 2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah. It's just messed up sometimes.

But for my books I run it through a spell check, let my mom go over it, and run it through the spell check again. So hopefully that will get it lattened out pretty good.

Yan Kai
13 January 2006, 07:04 PM
Hey, spelling isn't a really big deal. I for one can read a story with imperfect spelling. Quality of the story is what really counts and your stories have quality. I really enjoy reading them.

Jax Nova
14 January 2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks. Same goes for you I like yours. But to tell you the truth I don't read much so I am not a very good judge. But if it keeps my atention that's a good thing because that's why I don't read much.

I often get off on side isues like how I would have writen it, what I think they might do, should do, could do.... All theese imaginations... lol

Yan Kai
23 January 2006, 11:49 AM
I've been following your story, good job!

Jax Nova
27 January 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks.