PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Regiment: Always Outnumbered. Never Outgunned (IC)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Ronin
4 January 2006, 03:20 AM
STAR WARS
The 22nd Republic Commando Regiment
Mission Two
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned


Location: Republic Supply Depot 79926 in orbit around Ord Minato.
15 parsecs behind the frontlines.
6 months after the Battle of Geonosis.


The Acclamator assault ship Relentless slowly approaches RSD79926, more commonly identified by the name of the pearly-white as giant it hangs in orbit around: Ord Minato.

"Relentless to Ord Minato control. We request permission to dock for repairs and rearming."
"Relentless. This is Ord Minato control, you are cleared to dock. Proceed to bay four. Welcome home."
As the huge warship lumbers toward its designated dock, it passes the starport's control tower. The controllers pause in their work briefly to admire the vast metallic beast slowly glide past...noting the severe battle damage...the hull breaches that permit peaks deep into the ship's innards...the numerous missing turrets...and the hastily repaired-at-space bridge.
As she comes to rest in bay four after months of continuous combat, most recently defending against a Sepie attempt to retake Geonosis, she finds herself in good company: the Pride of Chandrilla back from the Battle of Galidraan, the Republica in for repairs after the defense of Kuat and over a dozen other smaller warships.
The modular starport, studded with missile batteries, turbolaser towers and point-defense turrets acts as a resupply and repair point, relatively safe behind the Republic lines. Close enough to provide support incase the Separatists make their inevitable attack on Kessel, and close enough to main Republic supply lines.
Repair droids swarm over the Relentless as bloodied and weary clone troopers disembark and head to crampt quarters to begin cleaning their weapons, to the quartermaster's to requisition supplies...and all too many are stretchered by their brothers to the medbay...and the morgue.
The cavernous morgue is filled with identical bodies. Jango's legacy.
In a cold, dark pod at the far end of the starport, ten more copies of Jango lie in plexiglass coffins, their bodies as cold to the touch as the vacuum outside.
But these men aren't dead.
Not yet.
Held in suspended animation are ten men of the Republic's 22nd Clone Commando Regiment. Squads Kappa and Sigma. Each cryotube has the individual commando's serial number stamped into it. And below that, hand written, their real names:
MT-204 Fengis
RC-487 Dutch
DR-092 Stiev
HD-350 Chiiko
KR-148 Brand
PA-238 Papi
MD-243 Deuce
CC-420 God
CP-647 Gig
RD-121 Dart.

The blue mist of hyperspace swirled outside the alien cruiser's viewports.
The captain sat rigid in his command chair. He was about to go down in the history of his people. If they succeeded, maybe even the history of the galaxy.
He looked about the bridge. All the crew were his kin. Loyal. Dedicated. Determined.
He had told the captain of their plans. Of how they would get revenge.
The captain stood and addressed the crew via the ship-wide comm; "My kin. We are about to strike a blow, the first blow, against our enemy. The enemy who brought our people low. The enemy who seemed far stronger…That is no longer so."
"With the Republic engulfed in war on all fronts now is the time for us to strike back and take our rightful place in the stars!"
With that, his attendants tied the band around the captain's head. In the middle of the band was a single red circle. A circle of human blood.
"Our sacrifice will bring strength to our people and pave the way to the end of the Republic."
With that the cruiser began to shake. The pilot reached for the hyperspace lever whilst the copilot prepped the sublight engines.

"Sir! I have unknown vessels decanting in sector 7!" called out the sensor officer stationed in Ord Minato's control tower.
The captain wiped sleep from his eyes and picked up his datapad as he walked across to the sensor station. "The Relentless was the last scheduled arrival this cycle, wasn't it?" he asked doubtfully. With so many junior officers running things, Captain Icthus rarely remembered what he had for breakfast, let alone what ships were docked or scheduled to dock.
"She's the last one, captain," announced captain Ninor striding into the control room.
"Sir. Ships are still decanting. All inbound. I count twelve cruisers...all launching fighters."
"I think that rules out the chance of them being ours," commented captain Ninor. He paused, considering the condition of his ship. "I'll take the Relentless," he said grimly and sprinted from the control room.
"Launch all fighters, man the turrets and raise the shields. Contact the other ship captains and have them break dock," Icthus ordered. He knew most of the ships at Ord Minato weren't in any fit state for fighting...but the sight of three Acclamators bearing down on them just might be enough to scare of these unknown visitors.

At that same time, elsewhere on the station, a squad of inhuman commandoes moved silently through the corridors. Orders relayed back and forth via hand signals. As they reached their goal they came across a lone technician. The leader clamped his huge taloned hand over the human's mouth, muffling his scream as the commando slit his throat with a large knife.
Easing the human's body to the floor, one of several they left in their wake, the commandoes produced explosives from their backpacks.
And set to work.

As fighters poured from the Acclamators' bays they accelerated toward the twelve approaching cruisers and their accompanying fighters.
As targeting reticules lit up on HUDs on both sides, triggers were squeezed. As the small twin engined fighters of the aggressors engaged the already battered Republic ships it became clear that, bold though the attackers were, the Republic ships supported by fire from Ord Minato, both outnumbered and outgunned them.

Then an explosion deep within the starport took out the sensor array and a great fireball bloomed out the port's upper deck.
"Sir! We're blind! The sensors are completely down!"
Captain Icthus looked to an officer to his left.
"We weren't hit sir!"
"Saboteurs!" Icthus spat and typed a commcode into his command chair. "Aricoza! If you can drag your worthless hide away from the cook's brandy, there are enemy aboard my starport! Defrost your boys and get to work!"

As Ord Minato hung blind in space, more cruisers decanted from a different direction. From the sun, invisible to the starport, and far behind the engaged Acclamators. Accelerating to full speed, holding fire, they bore down on the starport.

With a hiss the canopy of your cryotube rises and the post-stasis hangover hits like a stun grenade. Then your nostrils fill with the strong smell of cigarra smoke.
Sergeant Aricoza leans against the door jam, the fat cigarra clamped in his teeth.
"Rise and shine ass-" his greeting is drowned out by an explosion, "we're taking fire and we've got a job to do! If the ten of youze'd kindly drop your guns and grab your rifles..."

darth_phobeius
4 January 2006, 04:38 AM
[Stretching the kinks from his last mission which was a solo one. Too much crawling thru cramped ducts with power armor on has left him pretty sore. Why do they put those dataports so far in those things he wonders to himself?]

"Gee Sarge, no stimcaf and pastries? No good to see you? I'm beginning to think you don't care."

[Gig double-times it to his gear and gives his beloved Slicer Pad that he built a silent welcome like an old friend, probably the only friend this clone has in the galaxy. It's time for combat now though so he hurriedly dawns his armor and other combat gear.]

Rostek
4 January 2006, 07:48 AM
A heavy thunder breaks the deep lethargy within your head, causing you to upstart suddenly, like a person who by force is awakened. Before you stands an enormous gate with an inscription that reads:

"Through me the way into the suffering city,
Through me the way to the eternal pain,
Through me the way that runs among the lost.
Justice urged on my high artificer;
My maker was divine authority,
The highest wisdom, and the primal love.
Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
And I endure eternally.
Abandon every hope, ye who enter here."

-Dante's Inferno



Originally posted by Ronin
STAR WARS
The 22nd Republic Commando Regiment
Mission Two
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned


Location: Republic Supply Depot 79926 in orbit around Ord Minato.
15 parsecs behind the frontlines.
6 months after the Battle of Geonosis.
<snip>
With a hiss the canopy of your cryotube rises and the post-stasis hangover hits like a stun grenade. Then your nostrils fill with the strong smell of cigarra smoke.
Sergeant Aricoza leans against the door jam, the fat cigarra clamped in his teeth.
"Rise and shine ass-" his greeting is drowned out by an explosion, "we're taking fire and we've got a job to do! If the ten of youze'd kindly drop your guns and grab your rifles..."

DR-092 awakened with a start, trying with limited success to whet his mouth to relieve the terrible dryness that always accompanied a stay in the stasis chambers. If they made a stasis device that didn't leave me with a cotton mouth, I'd consider marrying it... he thought off handedly.
092 was most likely the oldest clone in the room chronologically (not that he had checked, of course), but also the one who had, without a doubt, spent the most time in a cryo-tank, which left him functionally the same age as most of his companions. "Stiev", as he was known, blinked again and stretched his legs.
"A bloody delight to see you again too, sarge. I presume this isn't a social call... you never take us anywhere nice, anyway." he drawled sarcastically to the sergeant, then complied with the man's "suggestion" by jogging over the the gun rack. After donning his helmet and holstering his pistol, Stiev took the new model DeeCee and slung it over his back, affixing the accessory devices to the specially designed attachpoints on his armor and belt... and then took out his pride and joy: A SoroSuub Duo carbine. He had taken the gun off of a particularly nasty Iotran Braceman he and his brother Dutch had downed last mission after his quartermaster-issued rifle had jammed. It was an ideal weapon for ship boarding actions: combining massive hitting power in close quarters battle and a short, stubby frame which was much more manuverable and unlikely to get caught up in anything than a standard longarm, which often was a lifesaver in combat.
Stiev charged the Duo with no small amount of satisfaction and smiled.
"I'm locked and loaded- primo status. Ready for breakfast, Chiiko?" he cheerfully asked the other larger than average clone, the member of the squad he was closest to, or the one he had the most in common with at any rate.

EDIT: Added quote

CaamasiJedi49
4 January 2006, 09:06 AM
Papi woke up with a sudden jolt, but then slowly rose up. "Couldn't you have let us freeze a little longer sir?" As he said this he motioned Sigma as they woke up to suit up. Suiting up and grabbing his DC-17m. He pulled out the power pack to check the charge. Just like I left her,good. He put the pack back in. He checked his gun, looking for anything noticably wrong. Ah, my rifle is looking as good as my gun right now, good. Get ready to move out asap Sigma's. The galaxy is again resting on our soldiers to save the day," he said with a smile as he put on his helmet.

PsychoInfiltrator
4 January 2006, 09:23 AM
"Where has thou been, sister?" Witch1
"Killing swine." Witch2
(From Macbeth.)

RD-121 came too, with something resembling a headache. He blinked. No actually, it rather resembled a voice. One headache of a voice.


"...we're taking fire and we've got a job to do! If the ten of youze'd kindly drop your guns and grab your rifles..."

"What, no party?" Dart looks around and stretches.
"So this is my new squad. Deployed on....wait, WHERE in the galaxy am I? "

CaamasiJedi49
4 January 2006, 09:25 AM
"Ord Minato RD-121. ANd your assigned to my squad, Sigma. Welcome to Sigma dn suit up soldier."

coldskier0320
4 January 2006, 01:00 PM
Deuce arose from the cryo-sleepin much the same state of mind he'd entered it...how long ago? He remembered the debrief, almost like some sort of dream, tickling the edges of his subconscious. He'd remembered the brass telling them to take their squads and get some rest. He'd remembered fighting the suddenly strong urge to say, "I have no squad.", with as much acid in his voice as he could manage...

Shaking his head he thought maybe he should see a military shrink after whatever was going on. With an emotion not quite resembling self-satisfaction, he noted that while his mind was still batting away the fuzziness of the cryodeep, his body and subconscious had responded like the rest of the top 1% of clones that were bred for commando duty. In the few short seconds since the wake up, he'd already checked his weapons, connected his helmet, and was familiarizing himself with the several upgrades his gear had received.he heard Aricoza barking at them sarcastically, but mostly let the foul man's words float past him, while he concentrated on prep. According to his HUD, Deuce had been downgraded. While he was still a Sargeant, he was now the second-in-command of the Sigma boys that had scraped his carcass from that gods-forsaken dustball. At first he was a bit angry at this, then grateful that he'd been demoted only in authority, rather than the Ultimate Demotion...

With a succession of blinks, he sorted through the information on the nine men serving with him, pleased to find both of the assertive, competent men he'd met up with on Tattooine...Stiev, and the Kappa Sgt., Fengis.

With his rather polished sense of sarcasm (from years of training with Sgt. Kroda, a rather polished man in his own right) finally returning to him, Deuce asks casually over the helmet comms, "Does your trainer always insist on being so sweet-mannered? Someone should really tell him we can take it straight."

Vanger Chevane
4 January 2006, 02:56 PM
"He who stays on the defensive does not make war, he endures it" - Field Marshal Colmar Baron von der Goltz, 1883

Stumbling out of the pod, Fengis aims straight for his gear & pulls out a hypo he'd concocted from vitamins & other near-harmless medicinals especially for the Hibernation Hangover. By the time he's geared up & given himself the once-over, the hangover had faded to a bare whisper.

Patrol Slinging both the new Deece and his "liberated" (and reloaded) Duo, he goes around giving shots to, and surreptitiously checking on, everyone else.

Once he's with Deuce, after hearing his wisecrack he murmurs into Duece's ear, "That's no General, I thought he was yours". Putting a reassuring hand on his Brother's shoulder momentarily, he moves on to the next man.

To Aricoza: "Got any real details or will you be joining us in Faking Our Way Through It?"

darth_phobeius
4 January 2006, 06:28 PM
[After running thru the checks on his weapons and armor and making sure everything is where it should be and operating 100% he charges his DeeCee.]

"Sarge, do you want me to check the stations security feeds to see if we can locate any bad-men"

Ronin
5 January 2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
Papi woke up with a sudden jolt, but then slowly rose up. "Couldn't you have let us freeze a little longer sir?"

"Don't call me 'Sir', y'ignerant git," Aricoza barks, "I works for a livin'," he points to the three dirty chevrons on his sleeve, " Who the [expletive deleted] was youze training sergeant, coz it sure as [expletive deleted] wasn't me?"

"Buncha [expletive deleted] comedians aincha?" Aricoza says at your waking comments, adjusting his cigarra and putting on a headset so he can swear at you over comms. "Lesee if youze still got any soldier in ya. Some [expletive deleted]s blew up the sensor tower while more [expletive deleted]s are attacking the station in about a dozen [expletive deleted]ing cruisers. Our ships are out kicking the [expletive deleted] outta the uninvited ships, so its up to us to hunt down and evict the party crashers here."
"And yes: I'm here to hold yer [expletive deleted]ing hands on this one. So if any of youze need to go to the fresher, go now and I'll be sure to give it a shake for ya."

"Check yer HUDs for the base schematics. They aint detailed but they'll do. Whoever took out the sensor tower was invisible up until they blew their charges, so we know they're good. One, maybe two squads of saboteurs."
Aricoza pulls out a datapad as he prepare to lead you through the base. It's then that you notice he's only armed with a pistol and a knife.
"Wez'll be heading toward the sensor tower. Command has locked down all bulkheads within 50m of the tower. That shoulda trapped the [expletive deleted]s in but I doubt it so stay sharp. When we get to the first bulkhead Sigma goes through and left, Kappa through and right, me up the middle. We sweep the section and clear it out. Try an take a coupla the [expletive deleted]s alive if youze can."

"Clear?"


Originally posted by darth_phobeius
"Sarge, do you want me to check the stations security feeds to see if we can locate any bad-men"

"Be my guest techboy," the old soldier says, motioning you to the wall dataport.

darth_phobeius
5 January 2006, 07:15 AM
[Gig double times it to the dataport and gives the end of the cable a little like it will help the connection at all but it is more out of habit. He plugs the cable in and fires up the slicerpad and runs a system search for any odd reports in the sections the intrudes were likely to be in starting with the sensor tower. Keying in on any unauthorized access to areas. Anything that he is able to get he will attempt to download the visual data if there is any.]

Gig "On it sarge."

PsychoInfiltrator
5 January 2006, 07:17 AM
"To be thus is nothing,
but to be safely thus." King Macbeth.


"Ord Minato RD-121. ANd your assigned to my squad, Sigma. Welcome to Sigma dn suit up soldier."

"Call me Dart. I'll fly anything with a joystick an engine and a cockpit anywhere you want as long as I got something to shoot back with. That is to say, I'm a pilot. If you wouldn't mind introducing me to yourself and your buddies, we can vape the intruders and get on to the part where GAR saves the galaxy."

(Ronin said we were already suited up in the OOC, so-) Dart smiles under his helmet. The response he woudlget to that would be a good indicator of whether or not he was going ot enjoy this assignment. In the meantime, he doublechecked his gun and analysed the information on the HUD..

darth_phobeius
5 January 2006, 07:32 AM
[With a two finger salute without looking up from his slicepad that he is concentrating intently on.]

Gig "My name is Gig. Slicer."

PsychoInfiltrator
5 January 2006, 08:07 AM
If war isn't Hell, it's the closest thing to WORSE." Anon.


[With a two finger salute without looking up from his slicepad that he is concentrating intently on.]

Gig "My name is Gig. Slicer."

(Assuming it is a NICE two finger salute...)

"Nice to meet'cha. So you're the one I get to decrypt enemy com-traffic so I have advance warning about the next 20-Hailfire ambush, right? Or is that somebody else. I hate Hailfires..."

CaamasiJedi49
5 January 2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"To be thus is nothing,
but to be safely thus." King Macbeth.



"Call me Dart. I'll fly anything with a joystick an engine and a cockpit anywhere you want as long as I got something to shoot back with. That is to say, I'm a pilot. If you wouldn't mind introducing me to yourself and your buddies, we can vape the intruders and get on to the part where GAR saves the galaxy."

(Ronin said we were already suited up in the OOC, so-) Dart smiles under his helmet. The response he woudlget to that would be a good indicator of whether or not he was going ot enjoy this assignment. In the meantime, he doublechecked his gun and analysed the information on the HUD..

Papi wasn't sure whether to cringe or shoot himself in teh head listening to the drunkard talk. It literally hurt his ears every tiem he heard his voice. "Roger Sarge. You know the drill Sgima's. Lets form up and move up. And welcome to the squad Dart. I'm PA-237 Sgt.Papi, and this is Cpl.God and Sgt.Deuce." Pointing them them both. "Oh, and this is Cpl.Gig. Sorry I forgot about you Gig. Its hard remember you guys, I haven't had a full squad in a while. Any info for us Gig, and can you be mobile while doing this?"

PsychoInfiltrator
5 January 2006, 11:07 AM
"Roger Sarge. You know the drill Sgima's. Lets form up and move up. And welcome to the squad Dart. I'm PA-237 Sgt.Papi, and this is Cpl.God and Sgt.Deuce." Pointing them them both. "Oh, and this is Cpl.Gig. Sorry I forgot about you Gig. Its hard remember you guys, I haven't had a full squad in a while. Any info for us Gig, and can you be mobile while doing this?"

"Small squad. Let's go vape something." ... "Wait. Who're they?" (pointing to other squad.)

{after getting response}

(turns to Sarge.)

"So this is the basic annihilation mission, right? Nothing special, like escorting something into a Hailfire ambush right? Other than the whole if we fail everything's toast so be careful and do it properly junk...er...stuff."

Rostek
5 January 2006, 11:29 AM
Stiev laughed heartily at the gin-soaked sergeant's response.
"I can see why you like him." he muttered to Dutch.
"How do you want to do this, boss man? Standard line formation or two clumps moving from position to position? Something else perhaps?" he asked the sergeant, trying to determine from the map what the most adventageous would be.


(OOC: Kno: Tactics check...)

CaamasiJedi49
5 January 2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator


"Small squad. Let's go vape something." ... "Wait. Who're they?" (pointing to other squad.)

{after getting response}

(turns to Sarge.)

"So this is the basic annihilation mission, right? Nothing special, like escorting something into a Hailfire ambush right? Other than the whole if we fail everything's toast so be careful and do it properly junk...er...stuff."

"Basically yes. You'll enjoy it."

Ronin
5 January 2006, 04:36 PM
"Alright, knock off the [expletive deleted] socialising!" Aricoza barks, "youze is startin' to sound like a buncha [expletive deleted] protocol droids!"
"You!" he points to Dart, "shut it and get in line. Bloody mixing commando training with the navy, what did they [expletive deleted]ing expect," he mutters. "Youze can all get to know each other better in the shower afterwards. Now gear up an get in line."

"The base is a maze of rooms and corridors," he explains, "youze remember the Killing House back on Kamino? Same drill. Once we get to the first sealed bulkhead we'll take a look at the sealed in terrain and divide it up from there."

CaamasiJedi49
5 January 2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
"Alright, knock off the [expletive deleted] socialising!" Aricoza barks, "youze is startin' to sound like a buncha [expletive deleted] protocol droids!"
"You!" he points to Dart, "shut it and get in line. Bloody mixing commando training with the navy, what did they [expletive deleted]ing expect," he mutters. "Youze can all get to know each other better in the shower afterwards. Now gear up an get in line."

"The base is a maze of rooms and corridors," he explains, "youze remember the Killing House back on Kamino? Same drill. Once we get to the first sealed bulkhead we'll take a look at the sealed in terrain and divide it up from there."

Papi shuddered again listen to Aricoza, but realized he is right. "Roger Sarge. Sigma's, move out. As the sarge pointed out, we aren't going to win this war talking." Papi started to motion Sigma to move out, slowly walking in the direction of the door ahead.

[OCC: their is a door, right?]

darth_phobeius
5 January 2006, 06:36 PM
[Starting the download attempt of the security files]
(OOC: Computer Use +23, +27 For Downloading)

Gig "I will have it done and be mobile in just a sec Sarge. I will send it to your HUD when I get it."

max ordo
5 January 2006, 10:47 PM
Feeling himself waking a moment before his eyes snapped open CC-420 was trying to remember the dream he was just having Damn...Every time, I can never remember those Cryo induced dreams Hearing Aricoza barking orders gave God a unknown feeling inside. Without a word he hops out of the tube, gave his muscles a stretch and moved to his gear. Putting on his armor and reaching for his weapon he turns to Papi and responds "Good to go Sarge"

darth_phobeius
6 January 2006, 05:29 AM
[Letting out a little breath that he was holding with a puff of triumph. He gets work on the slicepad and then pulls the cable out after some intense computer work and a tense moment for the download to go thru.]

"Gotcha there. Gents I got eyes on a hostile...well sort of. I am transmitting the location and the visual feed to your HUDs now. Retracted and ready to work Sarge."

HUD visual feed:
You can see the silhouette of a bulky individual, armoured, large rifle in it's shoulder and pointed down the corridor. It's head is big and elongated. You realise it must be over 2m tall but the light doesn't let you identify the species. It moves slightly...must weigh well over a hundred kilos...maybe one-twenty. You do notice the red tinted, spiked shoulderpads of it's armour

darth_phobeius
6 January 2006, 05:39 AM
[Checking the HUD to get a second look at the survielance feed.]

"Anyone recognize that species? Looks like a big, mean thing. Who has dibs on killing it?"

Ronin
6 January 2006, 05:52 AM
Here's the HUD's new map.
Green spot is the hostile in the camera Gig managed to slice into.
The red ring is the shutdown perimeter.
The other red lines are plotted (quick) routes through the base to the perimeter.

PsychoInfiltrator
6 January 2006, 09:40 AM
OOC: My compy isn't good enough (software issues) to read the new HUD display. :(


"Basically yes. You'll enjoy it."

Dart smiles under his helmet. That guy got one thing right. And the best part of the mission here is that there won't be any flippin hailfires.


"You!" he points to Dart, "shut it and get in line. Bloody mixing commando training with the navy, what did they [expletive deleted]ing expect," he mutters. "Youze can all get to know each other better in the shower afterwards. Now gear up an get in line."

(mutters to whichever commando happens to be closest to him:) "He should meet my training sarge. The guy who replaced my original one, that is. They would have gotten along nicely."

Dart gets in line. And shuts up. At least until my next post. :)

max ordo
7 January 2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by darth_phobeius
[Checking the HUD to get a second look at the survielance feed.]

"Anyone recognize that species? Looks like a big, mean thing. Who has dibs on killing it?"



'Copy big and mean Gig...I'll flip ya for it" as CC 420 checks his weapon for the second time. "Lets take a looksy Sarge...What do you say."

CaamasiJedi49
7 January 2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by max ordo




'Copy big and mean Gig...I'll flip ya for it" as CC 420 checks his weapon for the second time. "Lets take a looksy Sarge...What do you say."

Papi takes a look at Gigs picture. "If I had to say, one ugly trandoshan or a defel. But a defel is too small so I'm going with Dashade. And its fair game for whoever kills that thing, but I'll give that person a shot of some whisky from the homeland of Mandalore. But stop yapping, and move out, were wasting time." By this time Papi is at teh door motioning Sigma to move out.

darth_phobeius
7 January 2006, 07:00 PM
[Moving up into position and readying his DeeCee for "Suppressive Fire" or "Coordinated Fire" which ever is called for when given the word by his Squad NCO. It feels good to be working with first rate villians again. No more trudging thru waste dumps looking for relays be myself and no more crawling thru ducts with no one watching my back. Well, I guy can hope can't he? Either way he is glad to be back with his brothers and to be able to shoot, move, and communicate as a squad. Solo mission are nothing but foodoo.]

"Covering the six, Sarge. Kitted up and Frosty."

Vanger Chevane
7 January 2006, 08:33 PM
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. --George Patton--

To Aricoza: "You've the sealed perimter manned by troopers in case they manage to bypass us, right? I see 4 fast entries, we've 3 teams. You got nuff troopers to take both center corridors?"

Putting a friendly hand onto Stiev's shoulder, "Looks like you're up front again Old Man. Any recommendations?"


Once he gets his answer, to the Kappas, "We've hostiles that need killing, so lets go install some nice lethal holes in em...and try to catch one or two for Intel to play with."

Ronin
7 January 2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
To Aricoza: "You've the sealed perimter manned by trropers in case they manage to bypass us, right? I see 4 fast entries, we've 3 teams. You got nuff troopers to take both center corridors?"

Aricoza nods approvingly; "That's right. We've got blast doors sealing off the area, plus squads of youze vatboys behind those. There's plenty of cannon fodder manning the perimeter, but command wants me and youze ten to go in."

Rostek
7 January 2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Aricoza nods approvingly; "That's right. We've got blast doors sealing off the area, plus squads of youze vatboys behind those. There's plenty of cannon fodder manning the perimeter, but command wants me and youze ten to go in."

"Somehow I get the impression that these infiltrators won't be stopped by anything so obvious as a blast door." Stiev winced. "I think we should remain aware of the possiblity we may be flanked at some point, especially if they've got an extra squad that they made sure to set up outside of the obvious defenseive perimeter. Or something else- I heard at Uteno Station in the Gorik Sector, the CIS had a squad of reprogrammed serving droids that went berserk on the garrison. These are tricky b'stards, as we are all aware."


Putting a friendly hand onto Stiev's shoulder, "Looks like you're up front again Old Man. Any recommendations?"

Stiev laughed- "I'd say in the corridors we stick with the standard 5 man line- Dutch, me, you, Brand and Chiiko. In rooms, we switch to a three-man entry with door position follow up- Chiiko, me 'n Dutch go in in reverse order, and the other two take up positions in the door. We sweep the room and move on. Dutch, since he's the spec, will take point 4 to 6 meters ahead of me at his discresion, and the rest of us should keep the standard 2 meter spacing to minimize the impact of grenade fire." he said working out the kinks in his muscles and shaking out any remaining numbness from the stay in the cryo tank.

darth_phobeius
8 January 2006, 02:55 AM
[Turning his head from his readied position to look over. His rifle pointed at the ground in position to be brought up in line to fire with a twitch of his hands and his knees slightly bent to move when the order is given.]

"Hey Sergeant Aricoza, is there a datapad you keep with all those colorfully desciptive words on it or is that just a talent of your's?"

PsychoInfiltrator
8 January 2006, 05:42 AM
Attention, Lounge Lizards! This is your week in the sun. Today we begin celebratign "National Lazy Week!" What's so great about being lazy, you say? Waht if war were declared and nobody showed?" Garfield the Cat.


[QUOTE]Papi takes a look at Gigs picture. "If I had to say, one ugly trandoshan or a defel. But a defel is too small so I'm going with Dashade. And its fair game for whoever kills that thing, but I'll give that person a shot of some whisky from the homeland of Mandalore. But stop yapping, and move out, were wasting time." By this time Papi is at teh door motioning Sigma to move out.
"I'd prefer a thermal myself. Preferably one not about to go off. Hmmm...aren't Dashade those things Jedi loathe?"


Aricoza nods approvingly; "That's right. We've got blast doors sealing off the area, plus squads of youze vatboys behind those. There's plenty of cannon fodder manning the perimeter, but command wants me and youze ten to go in."
"In that case, I at least wanna take a look at their entrncae-craft. With more luck then I've ever gotten Command might even let me fly the thing. That is, if it's anygood."


"Hey Sergeant Aricoza, is there a datapad you keep with all those colorfully desciptive words on it or is that just a talent of your's?"

"I'm keeping a list, so if either of ye give me a datapad I'll give you the list. Ya know, Sarge Aricoza, you should really spend more time around Corellians. You've already repeated yourself twice."

Dart follows the other Sigmas, temporarily taking rear guard position.

Ronin
8 January 2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by darth_phobeius


"'s a specially honed talent y' lippy [expletive deleted] git," Aricoza replies, "jus' ask Dutch."


Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"In that case, I at least wanna take a look at their entrance-craft. With more luck then I've ever gotten Command might even let me fly the thing. That is, if it's any good."

"Well, pilot, soon as we figurez out how the [expletive deleted] got here, we'll be sure to tell ya."


"I'm keeping a list, so if either of ye give me a datapad I'll give you the list. Ya know, Sarge Aricoza, you should really spend more time around Corellians. You've already repeated yourself twice."
Sergeant Aricoza stares daggers, nay vibro-daggers at Dart, and motions everyone through the door.

coldskier0320
8 January 2006, 06:23 PM
"In that case, I at least wanna take a look at their entrncae-craft. With more luck then I've ever gotten Command might even let me fly the thing. That is, if it's anygood."

Deuce feigns a lazy yawn, audible over the comm. Hearing the pilot's remark, he decides the man must not be long out of Kamino.

"If they were smart, you'll never see it. In their boots, I'd have come in on one of ours, or at least seen to it that there's no ship suspiciously hanging around the bays here."

After a moment, Deuce adds wryly, "They drop your vat upside down back at T City?".

Finally, slapping the Xciter piston of his deecee forward with a healthy-sounding chak!, he gives Papi the nod, "Aimin' straight an' feelin' crazy, my Brother! Somethin' needs blown into next week, I'm your man. By the time they peice it back together, it'll be a museum piece!"

max ordo
10 January 2006, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by coldskier

After a moment, Deuce adds wryly, "They drop your vat upside down back at T City?".

Finally, slapping the Xciter piston of his deecee forward with a healthy-sounding chak!, he gives Papi the nod, "Aimin' straight an' feelin' crazy, my Brother! Somethin' needs blown into next week, I'm your man. By the time they peice it back together, it'll be a museum piece!"


Hearing the newest Sigma's words God smiles to himself before replying "I think he may have been dropped multiple time brother. And if you could...try and leave something for the rest of us while you are blowing these soon to be grease spots into next week."

PsychoInfiltrator
10 January 2006, 03:50 PM
Sergeant Aricoza stares daggers, nay vibro-daggers at Dart, and motions everyone through the door.

Dart cocks his head Ewok-style at the Sergeant, then goes through the door.
{mumble}"I could give him lessons. Dieing Corellians curse an awful lot in many languages and that bloody hailfire...six hours...two Corellians..."{/mumble}

Ronin
14 January 2006, 05:26 AM
Dutch coughs and clears his throat, dragging himself from his cryotube. His voice immediately stands out from everyone else's as different. Far gruffer.
"Mornin' sarge'," he nods at his training sergeant and starts strapping on his gear...DL-44 and vibrodagger, then taking up his new DC-17m and it's attachments. Checking and loading it he then nods to Aricoza again; "all set, sarge."

Brand wakes with a yawn and stretches his arms. The medical droids had done a pretty good job on his arms, that Twi'lek medic too. He briefly wondered where she was, then wondered where he was.
Aricoza's cursing and blinding brought him back to the here and now.
Job to do.
He too loaded up, shouldering his ion rifle and keeping the new DC in hand.

Chiiko woke up at the crack of harsh language.

Originally posted by Rostek
"I'm locked and loaded- primo status. Ready for breakfast, Chiiko?" he cheerfully asked the other larger than average clone, the member of the squad he was closest to, or the one he had the most in common with at any rate.
"What's cooking?" he replied with a grin, "smells like an order of bloodshed." He donned his helmet, blinking through the myriad startup Windows. A chime, which he knew would become quickly irritating, sounded as the system booted up.
He shrugged on his assault pack and clipped his trusty rotary in place, slapping a power pack in, then holstered his new pistol.

"Gimme a look at that," Aricoza says to Gig, peering at the techie's datapad and the displayed alien; "[expletive deleted]ed if I know what that is," he grunts then presses a couple of buttons on the side of the pad, sending the data to Command.

With everyone ready and Sigma squad leading the way out into the rest of the station, Aricoza checks everyone's gear as they pass and brings up the rear.

The station rocks as it takes a few hits and a clone trooper patrol staggers as they double time past you, never paying any attention to your presence.

You head straight down the corridor from your cryoquarters, the sirens of battlestations sounding in the background. The corridor ends in a T-junction.
"Papi, tha's you, right sergeant?" Aricoza says, pointing at PA-238, "take your boys left. It'll take you to two bulkheads leading into the
[expletive deleted] sealed off area. Split your squad between those two entry points. Comm me when you're in position."
"Kappas," he says turning to the other commandoes; "you come with me. When this'll take us to three entry points. Middle [expletive deleted] is mine. MT-204: split your boys between the other two. Comm me."
"When we're all set I'll have command open the doors."
"[expletive deleted]ing clear?"

CaamasiJedi49
14 January 2006, 06:36 AM
"Roger Sarge." Turning to Sigma squad Papi says, "Ok boys, with this new HUD I will divide us between two designated places. I will lead Gig and Dart to S1. Deuce, I want you to take God to S2. And I want you guys to be extremely careful, out of all of us your the closest to the enemy's last known location. Shoot first, and if you think they might be a trap, use stun on them. Those are my orders, Sigmas move out!" After he says this Papi moves to outside the door and waits for Gig and Dart to form up on his rear.

PsychoInfiltrator
14 January 2006, 02:10 PM
Dart forms up behind Papi, snapishlike, and double checks his DC.

darth_phobeius
14 January 2006, 07:49 PM
[Gig forms up right behind Dart who is on Papi. Gig keeps his DC pointed at the deck until his line of fire clears after movement and he keeps his eyes scanning ahead. I need to put a sensor suite in my helmet His pulse ready in his ears and reality becoming crystal clear. It has been several months since he has seen action like this. Most of the time it is crawl and slice work. He feels the training kicking in.]

"I'm on you Sarge. 110%"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 January 2006, 11:35 PM
Chiiko grinned to himself behind the helmet, it wasn't every day one woke up from stasis directly into the middle of a situation - litterally...

"Someone eager to fly? Why dont we strap a repulsor to your backpack and heave ya down down the nearest straight and narrow passage?" Chiiko smiled wryly.

But wait, they were in a station, he realized grimly as he checked through his hud displays of their map, annoyingly which was just a flat view.

He piped up: "Hey, is there anything vital above and below decks or surrounding corridors? If we get into any sort of a firefight, stray blaster bolts could be especially hazardous to our health. Unless our suits are high blast yeild and vacuum rated. I suggest we be conservative on the triggers. And stow the frags unless no choice. Ditto with the rest of heavy ordinance."

While Chiiko new little about space stations, he did know about heavy fire and ordinance, which could easily vaporize and breach through most armored alloys let alone thin materials that this place was likely built with. He wasn't too worried about his own set of brothers, but he was clueless about those other brothers. But it was his duty nonetheless to point out relevant knowledge. He focused his attention back to the map to gain any further insight.

ooc: Knowledge (Tactics) +9 (+9 ranks) - anything else that may be useful for interior space station tactics and fighting.

coldskier0320
14 January 2006, 11:46 PM
"Hey, is there anything vital above and below decks or surrounding corridors? If we get into any sort of a firefight, stray blaster bolts could be especially hazardous to our health. Unless our suits are high blast yeild and vacuum rated. I suggest we be conservative on the triggers."

Deuce responds, "Is that a nice way of sayin', 'Don't be blastin' no [expletive deleted] from here to kingdom come, Deuce!'? Cause if it is, then I got the message."

Then, responding to Papi's instruction, he nods to God, then tells him, "Things is gonna get ugly quick, my brother. Now let's go. On me..."

And with that, Deuce leads God into an initial position along the walls of their assigned corridor, ready for the rest of the force to catch up...

max ordo
15 January 2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320


Deuce responds, "Is that a nice way of sayin', 'Don't be blastin' no [expletive deleted] from here to kingdom come, Deuce!'? Cause if it is, then I got the message."

Then, responding to Papi's instruction, he nods to God, then tells him, "Things is gonna get ugly quick, my brother. Now let's go. On me..."

And with that, Deuce leads God into an initial position along the walls of their assigned corridor, ready for the rest of the force to catch up...


Hearing his new squadmate...Deuce...God gives a quick nod and responds "Copy that I got your six. Lets go shoot something."

darth_phobeius
15 January 2006, 12:47 AM
(OOC: Knowledge (Engineering) +10 Check Please) if there is anything to know about the layout of the station to answer Cold's question.
(OOC: Knowledge (Technology) +16 if that helps)

darth_phobeius
16 January 2006, 07:39 AM
[After running thru a bunch of scans of the facility and remembering some things (He has a Perfect Memory as per the feat) he keys the comlink to patch thru to both squads.]

"Hey fellas, we are playing in a glass house here so no party poppers and hole diggers. Keep the ventilation to a mini. This place is about as structurally sound as the Sarge is mentally."

CaamasiJedi49
16 January 2006, 09:22 AM
Papi did not like the sound of this. "Crud," he replied. "This probably means that the area already under lockdown could blow on us at any time. Move with caution once were in the sealed off area Sigma."

darth_phobeius
16 January 2006, 05:39 PM
[With a almost duh sound to his voice.]
"Roger that Sarge. All on egg shells back here. Ready to move on your command."

CaamasiJedi49
17 January 2006, 06:20 AM
"Roger. Lets move out boys." And with that Papi takes the lead and begins to walk to S1.

Vanger Chevane
17 January 2006, 03:02 PM
"The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at
the men he has around him." - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince


Trusting his team handle things themselves "Aright Geniuses, two teams. Lets make this happen."

Flipping through his Comm Option Screens, to Aricoza "What're we using for a Control channel so we can coordinate without having to crossband all the conversations?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 January 2006, 04:28 PM
Moving with the rest of the group, bringing up the rear, "Hey brothers, is it just me? or does this place look no different than the ship we arrived on?"

"Looking at this layout, it looks like theres bulkheads at regular intervals, possibly emergency sealing ones. Dunno if theres MagCon backup shielding. Probably the tower access is sealed of that way. But if it's all the same to you brothers, I personally don't wanna have to test that theory or be the unfortunate one inbetween a pair of them doors slammin shut..."

"However, that may work to our advantage in an extreme case. Trap'em and Vac'em..."

PsychoInfiltrator
17 January 2006, 04:31 PM
"War is hell." Colonel Potter's (MASH 4077) wife's oft-quoted relative. forget exactly which one.


"Someone eager to fly? Why dont we strap a repulsor to your backpack and heave ya down down the nearest straight and narrow passage?"

"That ain't flying. It's uncontrolled freefalling with no maneuvering thrusters. Course, if'n you're going up, it's uncontrolled roof-slamming-into-bloody-Dart-you'll-get-yourself-killed. It's amazing what they teach pilots."


"Roger. Lets move out boys." And with that Papi takes the lead and begins to walk to S1.

Dart follows him to S1. More cautiouslike this time.
(Ready action to shoot anything that ain't on our side.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 January 2006, 04:38 PM
"That ain't flying. It's uncontrolled freefalling with no maneuvering thrusters. Course, if'n you're going up, it's uncontrolled roof-slamming-into-bloody-Dart-you'll-get-yourself-killed. It's amazing what they teach pilots."

Chuckles, "Didnt think that'd be a problem for you, being a pilot. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time!"

Rostek
17 January 2006, 05:52 PM
"Open your eyes, Clevinger. It doesn't make a damned bit of difference who wins the war to someone who's dead."
Clevinger sat for a moment as though he'd been slapped. "Congratulations!" he exclaimed bitterly... "I can't think of another attitude that could be dependent upon to give greater comfort to the enemy."
"The enemy," resorted Yossarian with weighted precision, "is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on, and that includes Colonel Cathcart. And don't you forget that, because the longer you remember it, the longer you might live."
- Joseph Heller, Catch-22


Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Trusting his team handle things themselves "Aright Geniuses, two teams. Lets make this happen."


"Copy boss- Dutch, shall we?" he asks the scout clone next to him.
"Our suits do give some measure of protection against vacuum, but you'll last about as long as a popsicle in hell in the hard vac wearing only this thing." Stiev adds with a smile.
The clone polishes the side of his Duo with his glove, slapping the splitter assembly for good luck.
These sods won't know what hit 'em he thought with a smile.

Ronin
18 January 2006, 05:08 AM
"Set channel Oh-Two to Ord Minato Command. They'll handle the relay and it'll serve as our unit channel. Sigmas: channel Oh-Four for in-squad. Kappas: you've got Oh-Niner. Double-oh for me directly," Aricoza explains as ranks of regular clone troopers take up positions forming a perimeter behind you.
"Sergeants, comm me on Double-Oh when your squads are in position."

CaamasiJedi49
18 January 2006, 06:21 AM
"Roger Segeant." Papi proceeds to set his comm accordingly.

coldskier0320
18 January 2006, 08:14 AM
With carefully measured eye movements, Deuce sets up his communications system. With a head motion to God, the brace of commandos sets up at the appropriate location. Once there, Deuce gives his equipment yet another once over, giving God a thumbs up when he's ready. As soon as God flashes the thumb in return, Deuce gets on the comm,

"Sarge, MD-243, Deuce. Ready to roll out."

max ordo
18 January 2006, 10:20 AM
Following Deuce's lead God seems almost a mirror image of the other commando as they move into position. Without thinking God checks his equipment once again insuring his rangefinder is linking properly with his HUD, allowing him more precision at extreme distances than his counterpart could hope for. Catching the thumbs up from Deuce God returns the silent Good to go and prepares himself for what is coming

Vanger Chevane
18 January 2006, 02:51 PM
"True gold does not fear the test of fire." -Traditional Chinese proverb


"Our suits do give some measure of protection against vacuum, but you'll last about as long as a popsicle in hell in the hard vac wearing only this thing."
Fengis mutters sarcasticly under his breath "Just what I've always wanted, to be sucked out the seams."



Set channel Oh-Two to Ord Minato Command. They'll handle the relay and it'll serve as our unit channel. Sigmas: channel Oh-Four for in-squad. Kappas: you've got Oh-Niner. Double-oh for me directly,"

"Sergeants, comm me on Double-Oh when your squads are in position."
Setting his Comm Presets, and presuming the other Kappas are as well, "Control 2, Squad 9, Sigma 4, Refreshermouth Zero, call in for bounce. You boys got anyone capable of more than applying pressure dressings and making squealy noises?"

While he gets his replies (Aricoza's is bound to be long and...ahem, colorful), he double-checks his Duo (especially the recently reinforced Tanglewire Dispenser) and that all the extra Deece attachments can be easily found by touch alone, like the rest of his gear.

darth_phobeius
18 January 2006, 07:47 PM
[Gig adjust all his channels to the presets and double checks all his gear one last time. Can't have things coming loose or jamming up at a bad moment He then places his hand on Dart's shoulder letting him know that he is behind him and ready to move as soon as he does.]

johnnyputrid
22 January 2006, 07:57 AM
Dutch, still felling a littly funky from the cryotube, looked around for a convienent place to spit. Finding none, he simply lifted up his helmet and let a big gob of phlegm fly. Ever since that elbow to the throat on Tatooine, his spit had become much more...plentiful, for lack of a better word. Though it gave his voice a nice rough edge to it, kind of like one of those tough-as-nails holo-vid action stars, it made for some difficulties in hitting the high notes on the Republic Anthem.

Having soothed his throat for the moment, he turned back to the business at hand. Kicking butt and taking names. He couldn't have asked for a better mission this go-around. His training sergeant, nay, his very role model, was leading an assault with his newfound brothers against an unknown enemy in a dangerous environment that could possibly kill them all in mere seconds. Just another day at the office.

Nodding at his brother Stiev, Dutch withdraw his well-worn Merr-Sonn 44 and his newly-crafted vibrodagger and fell into his combat stance, pistol held at the low ready with dagger handle against the left grip-plate of his pistol. He noted, almost with nostalgia, that Sergeant Aricoza had already fallen into the same stance.

After hearing all the talk about explosive decrompression, vacuum and bulkheads dropping, he'd opted to sling his new DC-17 (with all of its nasty explosive gadgets) on his back, and keep his trusty Firelance up front, which had seen plenty of action on a recent covert mission on Temosel. Dutch was hoping that one day he'd be allowed to tell his brothers about that particular mission, especially the part about the...well, maybe it was better to not think about that right now. As for his other gear, he was packing two frags and his usual complement of C-10 stun grenades (which was six; Dutch really loved to chuck stunners at people. During urban assault training back on Kamino, he'd been reprimanded for throwing stunners at the guys waiting to enter the kill house; hell, a few times he'd rolled them into the chow hall during the morning breakfast ritual. Wake up time!). With pistol and vibrodagger at the ready, Firelance on its CQC sling, and grenades in easy to reach thigh pouches, Dutch was ready for a bit of sneaking and peaking, followed immediately by some shooting and looting.

"Let's roll, Stiev, it's been a few weeks since I've killed anybody, and its starting to...," He was rudely interrupted by banging his helmet on a low hanging protrudence of some sort and giving himself a doozy of bump on the noggin in the process. Damn Jango Fett and his blankety-blanking klutzy blanking genes. That's gonna leave a big bleeping mark.

Shaking off the blow and adjusting his optics and sonics for the station's environment, he moved up ahead and stood ready. And since Murphy the Hutt had already stowed along as the 11th commando, he knew this was gonna be a fun ride.

(OOC: Ready to roll, activating Listen+11 and Spot+12 and leaving 'em on for the duration.)

And its good to see you fellas again. Let's kick some keisters.

Rostek
22 January 2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
"Let's roll, Stiev, it's been a few weeks since I've killed anybody, and its starting to...," He was rudely interrupted by banging his helmet on a low hanging protrudence of some sort and giving himself a doozy of bump on the noggin in the process.
And its good to see you fellas again. Let's kick some keisters.

Stiev snickered as his brother recovered from the impact.
"...Starting to dull your finely honed reflexes and peripheral awareness?" he cracked, and adjusted his comm appropriately.
"Aye, let's do this. I've got some field med training, boss- not up to your expertise, but I can operate a medpac just fine." Stiev replied to the Sergeant's question.

Ronin
24 January 2006, 06:24 AM
"Okay, everyone's in position," Aricoza announces as squads of regular clone troopers form a perimeter behind you.
"With the [expletive deleted] sensor tower gone, Command's having to scour the [expletive deleted] comp-archives for the [expletive deleted] base's construction schematics," the silver tongued sergeant explains as a very rough image slowly loads on your HUDs. Another resounding win for the lowest bidder.

The station rocks from explosions as the battle continues to rage outside. The lights dim momentarily then return to full illumination.
"Sergeant Aricoza to Ord Minato command," he says over channel Oh-Two: audible to all of you, "Sarlacc."
The other side of the sealed area, doors mirroring yours open to reveal
corridors lined with mines and ranks of clone troopers ready to ambush any hostiles who emerge as the sealed section of the station opens.
No one takes the bate.
"Katarn," comes the old soldier's next signal. The doors on the far side cycle closed again and the doors immediately before you open.

OOC: PMs and HUD map to follow.

Ronin
24 January 2006, 06:52 AM
HUD

darth_phobeius
24 January 2006, 07:19 PM
[Checking the HUD and looking over the plans he punches some commands into his datapad to bring up an image showing the room at the end of the hall.]
"Sarge, Do you want me to secure the door down the right hall so they can't maneuver behind us and then we can clear the room past the door at the end before the left turn?"

(OOC: Can I alter the security on the door down the right hall so that only we can get thru if for some reason we have to circle back that way but not let anyone else come thru?)

CaamasiJedi49
24 January 2006, 08:53 PM
"Roger Gig, do it if you can." And with that Papi leads. The corridor before him branches off to the right a few meters in as he moves forward, and continues down another couple of meters before turning left at a door.

darth_phobeius
25 January 2006, 03:53 AM
[Staying low just in case a popup target comes thru the door, Gig cuts down the right hall to take care of the door as quickly as he can.]

"Give it one for the Republic there Sarge, be back in a second with good or bad news."

[Gig moves to make an attempt on the door.]

(OOC:Computer Use +23; Disable Device +13; Repair +18; and whatever other skill you might think comes in handy to get the job done. Plus Gig has a Security Kit that is not added into his Skills and a Tool Kit.)

(OOC: Also what skill would I need to set a Luma Flare there to go off if someone should come thru? Thought that might be nice but will also check with the Sarge.)

"Papi, this Gig. Thought it might be nice to leave a Luma Flare rigged behind to give anyone a surprise that comes thru without an invite. What do you think? What are the people on the guest list? Do we have friendlies that will be crawling behind us?"

CaamasiJedi49
25 January 2006, 04:25 AM
"Good question." Switching his comlink to the proper channel Papi says, "Sergeant Aricoza, sir, will we be having friends joining us at any time? One of my men is thinking of setting a little trap behind us, but I don't want to endanger any of our allies if they will be following us sir."

Ronin
25 January 2006, 06:15 AM
"No one's following us in, so do what you like, but be sure to mark it on your HUD so we're all warned about it," Aricoza replies, "Oh, and sergeant PA-238, do I look like an asshole?...No? Then stop calling me SIR!"

CaamasiJedi49
25 January 2006, 07:21 PM
"Sorry si-, ah, sergeant. My mistake." Resetting his comlinks for Gig and Dart, Papi turns to Gig and says, "You got the go ahead Gig, just make sure to mark it on the HUD, ok?"

darth_phobeius
25 January 2006, 08:03 PM
HUD Update

Vanger Chevane
26 January 2006, 03:39 PM
"Will yourself to stand ready and courageous on the battlefield. In this way, all that is difficult or dangerous will be yours." - The Way of the Samurai


"Brand, you & I check the rooms immediately left, then we'll hit the one ahead. Doubt they've come this close just yet.

Chiiko, cover the corridors. We come out and hit the deck, toast anything that's coming after us. Once it's clear you'll come up & we'll move further in."

Turning the Command Channel "Control, any way we can seal the rooms after we clear them?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 January 2006, 04:12 PM
"Roger Sarge, covering the corridor. Will be using burst & suppression fire. " Chiiko responds, bringing up their rear, gaurding the corridor as Sarge & Brand take the first room.

Ronin
26 January 2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Turning the Command Channel "Control, any way we can seal the rooms after we clear them?"

"Control to Kappa One, roger that. Will do, on your signal."

Rostek
27 January 2006, 04:00 PM
"Order of the Stick! Your broken corpses will taste delicious lightly seasoned with nutmeg!"-- The Creature in the Dark, OOTS #103

Stiev nodded as he absorbed this new information.
Alright- a sweep will be easier now that we can be sure of not being flanked. he thought, and nodded to the closest door on the left.
"This one first?" he asked over the comm.
Regardless of Dutch's choice of room, Stiev assumes classic enterance stance and tactics- he taked up position where the door will provide cover, and he can cover most of the room, while Dutch presumably takes up place where he can cover as much of the room as he can.
If there are nasties, he'll fire with the Duo on single shots, taking (ooc: all) three shots (ooc: that he's entitled to) at the closest/nastiest target in any surprise round.

Ronin
28 January 2006, 05:37 AM
Aricoza adjusts his headset, moving the boom-mike to throat-mike mode as he advances into the sealed area.
Blaster pistol in one hand, vibrodagger in the other; fingers on both triggers.
"Control. Seal freshers eight-three to eight-six," he says, after checking each of the rooms to his right.
"Advancing along the main corridor. No hostiles sighted. Approaching the junction. Both ways clear. Control: seal the door five meters west of my position. I am proceeding left to check brig oh-three."

(OOC: main update to come when y'all done)

PsychoInfiltrator
28 January 2006, 09:17 AM
"Above all, war scares me." Anonymous.


"Sorry si-, ah, sergeant. My mistake." Resetting his comlinks for Gig and Dart, Papi turns to Gig and says, "You got the go ahead Gig, just make sure to mark it on the HUD, ok?"

Dart listens to the bustlings of the preparations for battle. He was a welltrained clone soldier, bred for bravery and courage. He was a veteran of dogfights, and Kamino had no lack of infantry training ofr pilots. But then there was Vendeker...Brigall's Ridge. The medical convoy. The broken truce. The hailfires. He never lost his cool. He was debriefed, and he ofught in defense of Terethien...fough off the traitoros Seppies... He was a clone, of Jango spawned, not a normal human being. He was a warrior with a will, better than a droid, better than militia...but not as human. Perhaps if he were human he might have felt afraid.

johnnyputrid
2 February 2006, 06:49 AM
As Stiev prepared to begin his room-clearing routine, the hairs on the back of Dutch's neck suddenly stood up. He'd had had this feeling a few times before, and in each instance it had saved his life. Quickly making his way over, he reached out an tapped his partner on the shoulder and chinned his helmet comm.

"Hey, I got a bad feeling about this," he said in his raspy voice. "Something's not right about all this. Let's do this together, room by room, just like the kill house back home. If something creepy decides to eat us for lunch, at least they'll have TWO badass clones to take on."

Squeezing past his brother (which wasn't exactly easy, considering they were both wearing bulky armor and carrying a small freighter's worth of lethal goodies), he moved to the breach position and readied a C-10 stunner. Double-checking that his vibrodagger was ready and his pistol was set to "blow away" (and yes, Dutch had actually chiseled that phrase next to the weapon's selector switch), he dropped into a crouch and looked over at Stiev. Nodding he said "I toss and go left, you go right, we kill everything inside that's not a clone. Sound okay?"


(OOC: Sorry about the tardiness, but I was on an FTX for a few days and just got back in.
Dutch pulls out a C-10 and gets ready to throw, as soon as Stiev yays or nays the plan.

coldskier0320
2 February 2006, 11:20 AM
Through a short series of hand signals, Deuce tells God to follow him to the end of the T-junction, then guard right as he guards left.

When they get to the end of the hal (and deal with any hostilities, Deuce inspects the lifeless tech, nudging him with the tip of his armored boot.

"Doesn't look like they're into the whole hostage thing...lovely."

Ronin
3 February 2006, 05:28 AM
At Stiev's nod Dutch primes his stunner and presses the door release.
In goes the stunner.
BOOM!
Followed by the two commandoes, sweeping the room with their weapons.
Nothing. Just a barracks room. Probably a dorm for clone troopers stopping over at Ord Minato. Ranks of footlockers and bunkbeds line the walls, all made with drilled precision.

Aricoza flattens himself against the corridor wall next to the door, knife and pistol ready. Palming the door control he stays back, anticipating a volley of fire from any hostiles inside. Nothing. He peeks round the door frame and into the brig's security room. Empty.
"Aricoza to Control. Brig clear. Moving to holding cells."

With Chiiko ready on the trigger, Brand and Fengis check their room: a storage room full of small crates stacked floor to ceiling.
"Sarge. I'll sweep round to the right," Brand says and moves off.
After a few seconds the pair have the room cleared. Nothing. No one.

Gig sets the luma trap on the door and rejoins his sargeant ant the new pilot at the junction.

As Deuce shifts the fallen technician with his boot, God shouts out "Freeze!" momentarily forgetting that the comm would transmit a mere whisper quite clearly.
Sigma's sniper spotted it as his new brother began to turn the corpse.
A bomb.
Planted under the technician's body, presumably to take out a medical team or whoever came to his aid.

darth_phobeius
3 February 2006, 06:16 AM
[Stopping in his tracks and before he can report to Papi the situation on the luma.]

"God, did you mean that for everyone or someone special?"

Rostek
4 February 2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
At Stiev's nod Dutch primes his stunner and presses the door release.
In goes the stunner.
BOOM!
Followed by the two commandoes, sweeping the room with their weapons.
Nothing. Just a barracks room. Probably a dorm for clone troopers stopping over at Ord Minato. Ranks of footlockers and bunkbeds line the walls, all made with drilled precision.


"[Don't] f**k with the formula!"
-Mike Love, to Brian Wilson during production of "Smile", possibly apocryphal.

Stiev nodded at Dutch's suggestion, and with him, cleared the room.
"Kappa Element Two checking in, barracks room is clear- we're leaving, lock this room down, and make a note in the log that the first security sweep post-op should watch out for boobytraps in the footlockers. If I was going to leave 'em anywhere, that's where they'd be." he replied.

Turning to Dutch, he motioned that they should leave.
"Well... why don't we just keep moving here- same plan, then?" he asked as he lined up at the next door on that side of the hall.

Ronin
5 February 2006, 06:08 AM
God can see enough detonite strapped to the corpse to breach the hull. There also seems to be the transmitting circuits of a commlink breadboarded into the bomb's wiring. But it's the trigger that's the real piece of work. Deuce's shifting the corpse has relieved one pressure: arming the bomb. And you can see that should you move the body off the bomb, it'll blow.
But also should Deuce remove his foot from under the corpse, the pressure will be replaced. And it'll blow.
As God is crouched, examining the bomb and Deuce's thigh muscles begin to ache at the weight he's holding up with his foot...you hear the door open just around the corner to the right...

Papi/Dart: you hear a door open around the corner ahead and to the right...

max ordo
7 February 2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
[B]God can see enough detonite strapped to the corpse to breach the hull. There also seems to be the transmitting circuits of a commlink breadboarded into the bomb's wiring. But it's the trigger that's the real piece of work. Deuce's shifting the corpse has relieved one pressure: arming the bomb. And you can see that should you move the body off the bomb, it'll blow.
But also should Deuce remove his foot from under the corpse, the pressure will be replaced. And it'll blow.
As God is crouched, examining the bomb and Deuce's thigh muscles begin to ache at the weight he's holding up with his foot...you hear the door open just around the corner to the right...

Papi/Dart: you hear a door open around the corner ahead and to the right...



"Well my friend I think you may have put your foot in it, literally" he whispers to Duece "Don't move at all, looks like your foot is the only thing keeping this from blowing, and then we're all debris. The body was the trigger apparently and now you are. Good going soldier" he tries to finish with some humor to relieve the situation. While trying to figure how to save his squadmate and the rest of the team God hears a door opening to the right Why not.... he thinks to himself "Ok Duece hold tight, something is coming, hopefully someone who can help but most likely not." as he swing his rifle up towards the sound and looks through his weapons sight down the corridor ready to perish anything hostile.

Ronin
7 February 2006, 04:57 AM
"God, Deuce," Aricoza barks over the comm, "Report! What the [expletive deleted] is [expletive deleted] going on over there! Triggers? "It'll blow"?! Do you need backup?"

CaamasiJedi49
7 February 2006, 07:08 AM
Papi hears a door ahead of him open. It sounds like its to teh right to him, jsut ahead and around the corner. Papi whispers to Aricoza on the comm, "Noise ahead, checking out." He then motions everyone to fall single file behind him and against the right wall. As they do that Papi slightly peers over the corner to see who or what is at the door.

max ordo
7 February 2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
"God, Deuce," Aricoza barks over the comm, "Report! What the [expletive deleted] is [expletive deleted] going on over there! Triggers? "It'll blow"?! Do you need backup?"

"Well Sarge Duece has had the honor of finding an explosive set by our target. Unfortunately in the process I think he may have armed it inadvertantly. And now I'm getting some noise from down the hall, if someone could maybe take a look at what Duece is now the trigger for and see about disarming while I make sure this noise isn't a hostile." God responds as he takes a position directly between Duece and the noise he heard, trying to give his occupied companion as much cover as possible.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 February 2006, 05:09 PM
Papi/Dart: you hear a door open around the corner ahead and to the right...

Dart glances at Papi, reacts. Dart slowly, silently (using MS) creeps behind Papi toward the door, rifle up, readying and action to blow any suddenly-visible enemy away, momentarily forgetting any fear he would have had if he had been a real human soldier in this position...


And now I'm getting some noise from down the hall, if someone could maybe take a look at what Duece is now the trigger for and see about disarming while I make sure this noise isn't a hostile

Dart whispers over the comm "I'm no good with bombs. Only activating them. Papi and I are enroute to 'dealing' with the hostile-glad ot know we hopefully outnumber it. Unless they have their whole squad there..."

darth_phobeius
7 February 2006, 07:47 PM
[Heading off towards Duece and God to see if he can help.]
"God, Duece, Gig here. I am on my way. You might have to talk me thru some of it Duece but I should be able to do it."
(OOC: When I get there, Disable Device +13 Demolitions +8)

coldskier0320
7 February 2006, 08:05 PM
Deuce laughs hollowly, drawing from reserves of muscular endurance earned through years of training in Tipoca City.

"Don't it figure, time for the local Demo guy to shine, and he's indisposed."

After a moment, "Just in case I get blown into next month, it's been a real pleasure doing business with y'all, and whatever you do, don't let anyone smelly in my cryotube..."

[OOC: Figures. My checks to talk Gig through it and assist him (if possible):

Demo +20
DisDev +17

Taking 10 where appropriate.]

darth_phobeius
7 February 2006, 08:13 PM
He should be able to make the roll except on a roll of 1 to give Gig a Cooperation Bonus of +2, shouldn't he?

Ronin
8 February 2006, 05:27 AM
As Papi and Dart open fire at the end of the corridor, Gig heads back out of the sealed zone, running round and back into the sealed area where God and Dart made their entry.

OOC: it's a bit of a way, so you'll be able to take a look at the device in the next update).

Ronin
8 February 2006, 05:53 AM
Map

CaamasiJedi49
8 February 2006, 06:48 AM
Papi reacts fastest as he spots a towering (well over 6ft) humanoid reptilian stepping through the doorway. It has dark green scales, crimson plated armour...and glowing red cybernetic eyes. You also notice that it's right arm from the elbow down seems to have been replaced with a very large caliber weapon (a cable snakes out behind the creature).

But anyway, it'll be easier to study once it's dead. He squeezes off a shot, but barely misses. Frag, thats going to cost me. I guess go to plan B. Now where is my frag grenade. But before he reaches for a frag, he remembers the assessment about the sturctural integrity of the station. Maybe it would be wiser to stick with blasters. And with that Papi fires again at this reptile, hoping his shot is straight and true.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 February 2006, 11:45 PM
Chiiko stands gaurd in the hall "Hall clear sofar..." He reports. As he waits, he looks around the corridor, alert for just about any surprise. One could never know what might suddenly rush out from nowheres. The enemy was one thing, frell help them if it were staff running about frantic. And they were on a station no less.

OOC: alert, aware, and ready.

max ordo
12 February 2006, 10:06 AM
Seeing the large scaly alien God's first thought is You're one ugly SOB aren't you but his training kicks in. Getting a good bead on the creature the clone sniper slowly exhales as he squeezes the trigger of his rifle putting a duranium slug through the creatures armor and dropping it to the ground. "Alright Papi check out the body while I get back to Duece....Gig hurry your skinny behind up." He then returns his attention to his squadmate playing trigger for a party favor.

CaamasiJedi49
12 February 2006, 10:15 AM
"Roger God. Gig, Dart, cover me as I move in the body." Papi then ran towards the body to get a closer look, gun ready.

Ronin
12 February 2006, 07:31 PM
Gig reaches Deuce as God returns and the trio start to take a look at the bomb.

Papi keeps his rifle trained on the downed hostile as he approaches. Only when he gets close does he recognise the species.
A Yinchorri.
Though this one has been heavily enhanced with cybernetics. Eyes, right arm with built in blaster cannon...even it's armour is part of it's body. You notice that the armour is grey-blue metal. You've seen those plates before, but not on a person.
On Baktoid Combata Automata model B2 battle droids.
Sigma's sergeant then hears someone trying to advance quietly up the corridor toward the fallen Yinchorri...judging from their pace, you'd guess it isn't a friendly.

Dart covers his sergeant from the corner, unaware of the new hostile.

"Sigmas, how're we doing over there?" Aricoza asks. "Control, the brig is clear. I am returning to the main corridor down."

darth_phobeius
12 February 2006, 08:07 PM
[Looking the bomb over and scanning it with his sensor pack, Gig let's out a uneasy sigh.]
Gig "Well I got some bad news, and some good news. Good news is that I can disarm it with your help, bad news is that it is a piece of work that some bad guy really wanted you dead because that is the only reason I can think to make the trap that obvious is to make sure you did something stupid. It will take a minute of so and so hope that no more robo-fekt comes around this way. Otherwise I hope you don't mind walking with limp the rest of your career and looking about as pretty as the Sarge."

CaamasiJedi49
12 February 2006, 08:29 PM
"Your not going to like this Aricoza, but were dealing with Yinchorri. Even worse, the one God took down is cybernetically enhanced. Its as though someone meshed a B2 with a lizard. I'm also hearing more unfriendlies moving in on my position. I will update accordingly. Out." Switching to Dart, Papi says, "Dart, we got friends of this ugly moving in on us, get ready." Papi trains his rifle at the door, waiting for the one walking towards him to emerge.

Ronin
12 February 2006, 09:48 PM
As Sigma's sergeant trains his rifle on the door, tensely waiting, the body at his feet spasms momentarily.
He risks a brief glance down.
Bloody froth is gathering around the downed hostile's chest wound. God must hit a lung but the big brute's still alive...though thankfully it seems unconscious.

"[Expletive deleted] Yinchorri?!" Aricoza curses, "I'll pass that on to Command. Must be those [Expletive deleted] outside too. I though we kicked their [Expletive deleted]'s over a decade ago. Keep your eyes out gents, Yinchorrii are big [Expletive deleted]s and take a lotta fire to put down."

Ronin
12 February 2006, 11:08 PM
Full Map

Vanger Chevane
13 February 2006, 04:02 PM
Soldiers usually win the battles and generals get the credit for them.
--Napoleon Bonaparte--

After clearing and locking the first 3 rooms uneventfully, the far end of the corrider yields more than crates of supplies....a barracks room with Troopers still in their beds, sheets soaked with blood.

Knowing that past the left bulkhead was another hatch that let to Jango-knows-what, and that further splitting his team would be suicidal for the lone man, he spits out "Fierfek!"

"Control, Kappa One. We have Soft, repeat Soft Contact, KIA Troopers in this area. Seal the the hatch inboard my current location.

Brand, visually clear that long hall, lay something out for our guests if you can. Chiiko, cover him from that corner and come forward with him when it's done. I'll cover here till you're ready.

Target's been here, not telling if they stayed or pulled back, doubt they've gotten past us."

Fengis wasn't a religious man by any stretch of the imagination, like most Commandos, but he'd heard enough prayers from people he was trying to keep Life and Limb connected that he was more than passingly familiar with the concept. Maybe just this once might not hurt.

Whatever the Powers That Be, please don't let em have us Flanked...

Rostek
13 February 2006, 05:41 PM
Lt. Lockhart: [reading] ... we have a new directive from M.A.F. on this. In the future, in place of "search and destroy," substitute the phrase "sweep and clear." Got it?
Private Joker: Got it. Very catchy.
-Full Metal Jacket


"Stang..." Stiev muttered. It had been very quiet so far... too quiet in the clone's estimation.
"Boss, food storage and... waste pumping rooms cleared." he said, surveying the corridors for enemies- wary now that other elements had made contact.

"So," he said, turning (metaphorically- he was still alert on the corridor) to Dutch- "The question arises regarding how to proceed. I picked the last two- you go for it this time." Stiev finished.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 February 2006, 01:27 AM
No amount of training ever prepares you for this... - Anonymous


Brand, visually clear that long hall, lay something out for our guests if you can. Chiiko, cover him from that corner and come forward with him when it's done. I'll cover here till you're ready.

"Copy that Sarge. Covering Brand." Chiiko moves to the corner, underslung at the ready. Just when Chiiko once thought he was trained for everything, it never fails. Another disturbing shock - sight of so many brothers killed. They didn't even have a chance! Chiiko thought grimly to himself - both despising and grateful for their behavoir inhibitors and ingrained loyaly at the same time.

There was only two things he could do - obey Sarge's order and provide cover for their 3 man group. Lest should the enemy come sneaking up on them from around the corner and catch them off-gaurd. However, a distant memory did come forth from his old Mandalorian training instructor - some glorious reading about exacting devine retribution when upon their guilty foes should the apropiate time come. ...And then his canon shall come singing to life, with fire and fury, and smite down all in its path! Victorious will they be as charcoal bodies lay strewn in their wake! Or was that a victory drink song? Not that it mattered, as he recited it silently in his head for his slain brothers. And Chiiko was very sure of that.

johnnyputrid
15 February 2006, 06:25 AM
Dutch nods to his partner and gets ready to move. "Alright, let's work our way down the left side, then head back and clear out the right side and link up with the rest of the guys. There's some small circular rooms ahead that we can lock down and be done with."

Dropping a luma flare to remind the two clones that this particular section has been cleared, Dutch gets ready to go to work. He shifts his grenade pouch on his thigh to make it more accessable, brings his vibrodagger and pistol up and heads off down the long hallway.

Almost off-handedly, he says "First one to 10 kills wins. Loser buys the brandy."

PsychoInfiltrator
15 February 2006, 05:07 PM
"catapultam habemus. Pecunia? ... tibi gratias ego." (We have a catapult. Money? [please] ... Thankyou.) Anon.

OOC: Finally got my Net ocnnection up-for good tihs time, I hope. It cut out the last time I posted, which is why it's been so long since Dart did anytihng.

IC: Dart grimaces as his bolt goes essntially perpendicular to the target.


"Dart, we got friends of this ugly moving in on us, get ready."

"Yes Sir. Hopefully my next volley'll be closer to the target than you. Unlike last volley." Good thing I ain't regular infantry. ... Good thing my training Sergeant can't see me now.

Dart readies an AAction to blast the first thing that appears, if it ain't ours.

Ronin
15 February 2006, 06:04 PM
As Gig and Deuce continue to work on the bomb with God's help, they can hear the footfalls of the second hostile moving up the corridor, Papi and Dart waiting tensely, DC-17M's trained on the doorway.

The downed Yinchorri at Papi's feet moves slightly as it's comrade boots it; checking if it's alive or not. Now's your chance!

Brand, covered by Chiiko moves back round the corridor and seals the side corridor's door, then the pair return and rejoin Fengis in the barracks-turned-charnel house.

"Aricoza to Fengis. With you boys sealing that door, I'll clear the large room between us." He moves to the end of the long central corridor, checks both ways, and quietly moves west, hoping to trap any hostiles between himself and the door Brand just sealed.

Moving to the corridor of small rooms in the far-west of the sealed area, Dutch and Stiev proceed to clear each room.

PsychoInfiltrator
16 February 2006, 08:22 AM
Dart takes a very specific two meter step, and unloads on his target, hoping Papi does the same.

CaamasiJedi49
16 February 2006, 09:12 AM
[OCC: sorry for the late post Psych, was a long night last night]

Papi follows Dart lead, stepping forward 2 meters and squeezing his trigger at teh enemy infront fo him. Be true for once you damn blaster.

PsychoInfiltrator
16 February 2006, 04:00 PM
OOC: I'm the one who's be in and out for months courtesy of my Net connection-whichb had better stay fixed this time! -I didn't mean anything OOC by Dart's 'hoping Papi does the same.'

EDIT: Added Quote. Translate from Latin if you dare:


antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

IC:
Dart smiles inside his helmet as he hears Papi follow him.

At least soembody'll hit with something.

Rostek
16 February 2006, 05:19 PM
"Brush your teeth in a rapid, vertical motion. That's up and down for all you rebels."- Doc (Courtney Vance), Hamburger Hill

The next four rooms were toilets... all toilets.
"Geez, Dutch- if I didn't know better, I'd say the universe is lulling us into some sort of false sense of security... only to unleash all hell on us once we drop our guard. Let's spite the jerk, shall we?" Stiev said into his comm as he finished the sweep of the last few stalls.
"Aw... stang, man. That's di-freaking-sgusting. I hope that sob got to the med bay for that." Stiev said with disguist upon discovering the nigh-unmentionable state of the last stall.
"Let's go- that round room is next, I think... let's hit it." the clonetrooper said, shaking his head and moving to the door.

johnnyputrid
17 February 2006, 06:54 AM
Dutch was equally appalled at the state of the latrines and turned to follow his brother away from the horrible scene. But out of the corner of his eye he caught something, a small torn package next to the desecrated toilet.

Wait a sec... He noticed it was an empty ration bar packet, specifically 'Bar, Ration (Breakfast), Aldaberry, Menu Item #12'. He reached back into a belt pouch and withdrew the ration bar he'd pilfered from the food storage room back down the hall. It was Ration Bar #12.

"Hey 92, whatever you do, DO NOT eat the aldaberry bars, OK?"

His peace said, Dutch moved out of the latrine with a hurry, before the smell overwhelmed him.

Rostek
17 February 2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
"Hey 92, whatever you do, DO NOT eat the aldaberry bars, OK?"

His peace said, Dutch moved out of the latrine with a hurry, before the smell overwhelmed him.

"Puh- you know my motto, 'anything below three stars is bantha fodder'." Stiev replied with a rumbling laugh

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 February 2006, 01:03 PM
"Alright... Room secured. Nothing more to see here...." Chiiko reported as he made his way over to the Sarge. Passing by the toilet, he paused for a moment, and shook his head "Scratch that, 'nother brother casualty on the can. Lets just get out of here, eh boss?"

Vanger Chevane
22 February 2006, 02:19 PM
“I stand at the altar of murdered men, and while I live I fight their cause!” - Florence Nightingale, in a letter august 1856




"Aricoza to Fengis. With you boys sealing that door, I'll clear the large room between us."

"Alright... Room secured. Nothing more to see here...." Chiiko reported as he made his way over to the Sarge. Passing by the toilet, he paused for a moment, and shook his head "Scratch that, 'nother brother casualty on the can. Lets just get out of here, eh boss?"
"Roger that.

You check the hatches and vents over your head? If that's clear, we'll clear the round room on the right for Stiev & Brand, then move down that corridor. Control, any way we can get an updated map of what we're about to walk into?"

Ronin
23 February 2006, 06:19 AM
"Control to Aricoza, Kappa and Sigma squads. Routing a full map to your HUDs now."

Meanwhile, outside Ord Minato, the space battle turns...
Captain Ataiu of the Republica watched as the enemy cruisers turned about and his own ship's guns continued to pummel them. A grin spread across his face; "We have them now! Full speed ahead! Give chase!" He slapped his thigh with glee.

Meanwhile, aboard the Relentless captain Ninor ordered his fighters to break off the attack. Something didn't feel right.
"Sir, Ord Minato is requesting that we relay targeting data to them. Their
sensor array was destroyed and captain Icthus believes there may be saboteurs aboard the station!"
"Helm," captain Ninor ordered, his brow furrowed with concern, "bring us about. Take us back to the station. Begin transmitting all sensor data to Ord Minato. Have our fighters go ahead and form a perimeter around the station.
Contact the Chandrilla and have them accompany us, their fighters are to continue harrassing the enemy...the Republica should follow us too if you can get her to," he knew that captain Ataiu was a willful glory seeker and unlikely to take orders from another officer, even a more experienced one.

darth_phobeius
23 February 2006, 06:57 PM
[Gig to Duece]
Gig "Hope you have a good insurance policy. This place might start a'rockin soon. Now, just stand still."

Ronin
24 February 2006, 05:56 AM
Stiev one side with his DeeCee aimed at the door, Dutch with knife and pistol in his hand the other side of the door, Stiev reaches for the door's release button then stops.
Frost.
Around the edge of the door there's frost. Gently touching it, even through his black bodysuit Stiev can feel that it's freezing. The observation tower must be open to vacuum.

Continuing to work on the bomb, under Deuce's guidance, Gig and God manage to identify several dummy wires and cut them away, steadily getting to the device's guts....as the distinctive blasts of Papi and Dart's DC-17s come from all too close around the corner.

Fengis, Chiiko and Brand leave the barracks and move south into the corridor.
Clear.
Checking immediately right is the door to a circular security checkpoint room...but both Fengis and Chiiko pull up short, having spotted a tripwire strung across at ankle-level, just before the door. Each end disappears into an airconditioning vent in the sides of the corridor, though the left vent was clearly hastily replaced. Whoever made the trap was in a hurry.
Brand automatically takes up a position covering the corridor south.

"Mess hall clear," Aricoza reports, "heading east."

As Dart and Papi exchange fire with the Yinchorri it finally manages to get a shot off with its rifle, glancing off Dart's chest plate (6VP).

CaamasiJedi49
24 February 2006, 07:53 AM
Papi and Dart both step out to come face to face with a second cybered Yinchorri, this one weilding a blaster rifle his HUD recognises as a native Yinchorri weapon.

Dart seizes the initiative and fires twice. The first shot hits the target in the (droid-plated) chest, the second misses.

Papi fires five times...hitting twice...and the first is a critical . The second does normal damage.

Papi's next shot goes wide, much to his dismay. And the Yinchorri doesn't go down.For the love of Mandalore, Papi thought, go down! "I'm sick of you you damn freak, die already!" And with that Papi squeezes the trigger again. Now go down this time.

PsychoInfiltrator
24 February 2006, 03:49 PM
OOC: You copy&paster!;)


bella detesta matribus: Wars, the horror of mothers. (Horace)

IC:

As a pilot, Dart prided himself on his reflexes-but this time, he nearly outdid himslef, getting off two shots before Papi had time to depress the trigger.

The first shot, dedicated to Dart's incapacitated comrade, hammered the Yinchorri's armored chest, while the second one went high-Papi hammered the Yinchorri on his slower shots, but it failed to drop.
Dart's next burst was was also somewhat effective-a glancing hit on the Yinchorri's shoulder, the Yinchorri flinched, but STILL Failed to go down.

Papi, going with quantity over quality, put five beutiful evenly spaced scorch marks on the wall.

The Yinchorri's retaliation, a glancing blow, was completely ignored by Dart, who fired another burst at the intruder.

With my luck, I'll be sitting here with Papi for an hour trying to put more holes in this thing-or my next burst will blow off his head.

Rostek
27 February 2006, 02:02 PM
"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"
(Moreover, I advise that Carthage should be destroyed)
-Cato the Elder

"Boss, observation tower seems to have gotten the deep freeze." Stiev reports, unsure exactly how to proceed.
"I don't imagine anything would have survived the depressurization or the cold... but we don't know about the nature of the bad guys do we?" the clone asked Dutch, still keeping his gun trained at the opening.
"Maybe we should just have control seal this station off and have them deal with it later since we're not equipped to deal with it." he added.

darth_phobeius
27 February 2006, 06:40 PM
[Still working on the explosive under Duece's foot.]
Gig "Hey! Take out it's cybernetics. Should slow him down a bit."
[Gig wishing he was over there with his Droid Disabler Pistol but he is kind of tied up at the moment.]

Vanger Chevane
28 February 2006, 02:23 PM
"From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers.
For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")


Fierfek this is great, both our Demo guys are too far away to help.

"Stiev, Fengis. Watch for exploding surprises, got one on our side of that round room."

Fengis gently pushes Chiiko back with his Deece, and leaves it in Chiiko's possession, clearly implying that he should keep himself out of the danger zone for the time being.

Carefully securing all his gear, and mindful of the stories he'd heard from EOD troops, he very gently avoids the wire. Cranking up the passive lightamp built into helmet he checks the vents using only passive methods so as to avoid inadvertenly triggering this thing.


OOC: Checking with both Disable Device and Demolitions to keep things like fingers right where they belong. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 February 2006, 04:02 PM
Huh?.... frell! Chiiko had to think for a split second to make those mental thought connections.

He took a couple steps back, taking Fengis' DeeCee in his left hand, while providing cover for their group. "Jeeze Sarge, we just about became Seperatist Surprise Chowder!" Chiiko commented flavorly, adding thoughtfully, "Or whichever third rate dredge that was hired to make our existance real peachy today."

"I gotcha covered boss, and checking above for any other secondary surprises. What about you Brand? Are you see'ing anything I don't?" Chiiko, took a close look around at his surroundings - wall panels, ceiling, any openings and air vents that were at the edges of his peripheral helmet vision. Absentmindedly, he traced ahead where he looked with Fengis' Deecee in his left had, while keeping his underslung trained towards the middle of the corrider, finger

(ooc: search. also- Fengis' DeeCee held in off-hand)

Ronin
1 March 2006, 06:49 AM
"Control to DR-092, we are sealing the observation tower, as per your request. Over."
You hear heavy bolts automatically slam into place within the door.
"Where's next on the tour?" Dutch asks, clearing his throat.


"Aricoza to PA-238, what's the [expletive deleted] situation over there? I can see along the east-west corridor ahead of your position and you're free to move up. I'm heading to the escape pod bay."


"Corridor's clear brothers," Brand reports, never shifting his eyes from down his weapon's sights, "seems only Sigma's had any hard contact. Lucky buggers."


Outside Ord Minato...
The Relentless steadily came about, captain Ninor ordering the sensor operators to sweep the area surrounding the space station.
"S-Sir," one of the operators called out in an uneasy voice.
The tall, powerful captain strode across his ship's bridge to the officer's station.
"Sir, I can't be sure, there's a lot of interference from the system's star, but I think the sensors are reading...something."
"Something?," Ninor remarked with a raised eyebrow.
"I'm sorry sir, it could just be a solar flare."
The captain stood in silent thought for a few seconds..."have a flight of V-19's divert and investigate."
"Yes sir!"
Ninor returned to the command table. The Chandrilla was following the Relentless and coming about, returning to port, whilst the Republica was, as expected, chasing the fleeing hostiles out of the system. Ninor shook his head in dismay.

Aboard the alien cruiser captain Bihu watched as the diversionary force succeeded in drawing off one of the Repubic assault ships whilst the other two began to turn back to their space station. A group of four of the Republic's starfighters broke off from their original course and began heading sunward...toward Bihu's flagship and the other ship's tailing him.
Bihu cracked his knuckles. One of the Republic officers evidently had caught their scent.
"Launch fighters," he ordered and dozens of their starfighters broke off from the cruisers, "wipe out the closest four starfighters then accelerate to attack speed and engage the Republic forces." He turned off the comm and turned to face the pilot;
"Ezakimak, my son. Ramming speed."

PsychoInfiltrator
1 March 2006, 02:41 PM
Dart was wondering if his former prediction was accurate as his first shot 'whistled' past his target, but on second thought, it might have been Papi. (who whistled.)

His second shot made a mess of the Yinchorri's left hand, and the thing dropped, presumably from loss of blood.

"Chalk one up for the pilot. Imagine what I could do in a V-Wing." Dart laughs. Then visualizes.

Vanger Chevane
1 March 2006, 02:49 PM
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure. - Colin Powell: Famous Military Quotes


After carefully checking, the trap looks like a simple tripwire rig.

Fengis crouches down, leans back, and reaches toward the wire with his left hand. Cutting it with the vibroblade built into his armor, he quickly scrambles backward...just in case the bomber is a bit more devious than appearances indicate.

Taking a few moments to settle himself & ensure there's not a secondary trigger.

Recovering his Deece from Chiiko & setting his guns back to where they can be fired easily, "Control, Kappa One. Mark my location for EOD, we've a live grenade in a vent here. Moving forward."

Snipping the wire close to the grates with his vibroblade so they don't trip over it (or worse, the trap) he loops the wire loosely around his hand, then pulls of the bundle & passes it to Chiiko.

"Souvenir."

CaamasiJedi49
1 March 2006, 03:14 PM
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
~Bertrand Russell


Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Dart was wondering if his former prediction was accurate as his first shot 'whistled' past his target, but on second thought, it might have been Papi. (who whistled.)

His second shot made a mess of the Yinchorri's left hand, and the thing dropped, presumably from loss of blood.

"Chalk one up for the pilot. Imagine what I could do in a V-Wing." Dart laughs. Then visualizes.

Papi watches his shot miss and Darts connect, dropping the Yinchorri. Papi relaxed his stance. "Don't get cocky fly boy. We all get lucky," said Papi with a smurk under his helmet. "You did a good job, but were not done yet, so stop dreaming about the future and stay with the now," he said to Dart. He then switched his comlink to Aricoza. "Aricoza, this is Papi. We encountered resistance from two Yinchorri cyborgs. Look like someone found a way to mix a B2 with these lizard boys. I'm going to continue moving forward with Dart and see if we cna find any more of these 'things'. Out."

darth_phobeius
1 March 2006, 06:21 PM
[Sweat beading on his forhead underneath his helmet, Gig slowly works all the 'guts' of the explosive out for all to see, especially the demo expert that is standing on it. Sure seemed easier when they were not home brewed explosives. If God and Duece would agree on which direction to go with this thing. Yap yap yap. I would do it myself but then how would I be able to blame it on them if it blew up in our face. "Triple by-pass, liguidmet stabilized detonator, with a gravflux sensor to keep it from being moved safely. You really stepped in it this time didn't you. Well I have to say that being the demolitions expert, you sure can find them. Like a blind bloodhound, following the trail but running into everything along the way." [Gig says all this while working trying to calm himself and keep his hands steady. I like wiring them up more than having to disarm one After what seems an eternity, Gig is able to work the casing to the detonator lose and pry the nural-optic wires used in it and the small piece of detonite that acts as the trigger. Once loose something bad happens. There is a beep and a pop sound from inside. Not good! Not GOOD!! Oh So Not Good!! Cut a wire, no time for finesse just cut and hope. Gig pulls out his laser fuser from his repair kit and slices the first sensible wire he sees. There is a low hum and then nothing.]
Gig "Duece.....slowly lift your foot off and say a little prayer. I'm not quite sure if I got it or not but this is as good as it gets."

PsychoInfiltrator
4 March 2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49


Papi watches his shot miss and Darts connect, dropping the Yinchorri. Papi relaxed his stance. "Don't get cocky fly boy. We all get lucky," said Papi with a smurk under his helmet. "You did a good job, but were not done yet, so stop dreaming about the future and stay with the now," he said to Dart. He then switched his comlink to Aricoza.

"Luck is for Corellians. We're bred for skill. But I see what you mean. Don't worry, I save my daydreaming and cockyness for the cockpit."


"Aricoza, this is Papi. We encountered resistance from two Yinchorri cyborgs. Look like someone found a way to mix a B2 with these lizard boys. I'm going to continue moving forward with Dart and see if we cna find any more of these 'things'. Out."

"Aricoza, this is Dart. Those Yinchorri can take an awful lot of punishment. ... Everyone, make usre your target's dead before you go on to the next objective-these flippin' things were built for standing up, and they want to stay that way."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 March 2006, 02:08 PM
"Corridor's clear brothers," Brand reports, never shifting his eyes from down his weapon's sights, "seems only Sigma's had any hard contact. Lucky buggers."

"Lucky Buggers indeed. They get Hard contact, we get surprise contact."


Snipping the wire close to the grates with his vibroblade so they don't trip over it (or worse, the trap) he loops the wire loosely around his hand, then pulls of the bundle & passes it to Chiiko.

"Souvenir."

"Gee Sarge, I don't quite know what to say...." Chiiko replied, "Hey! at this rate we could open a souvenier shop when the war's over."

Rostek
6 March 2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
"Control to DR-092, we are sealing the observation tower, as per your request. Over."
You hear heavy bolts automatically slam into place within the door.
"Where's next on the tour?" Dutch asks, clearing his throat."

"I s'pose that would make the Barracks direct to the "south", brother." Stiev replied, reviewing the map on his HUD. "Then onto the security checkpoint and Observation tower, I think..." he added, squinting out a strategy in his head.

darth_phobeius
6 March 2006, 08:08 PM
[After disabling the explosive he will hand it to Duece (Since he is the Demo Guy)]
Gig "You might find a use for this later, and watch where you step next time buddy. Don't need these walls redecorated in Clone Insides Red."

Ronin
8 March 2006, 05:36 AM
"After you, ner vod (My brother)," Dutch says to Stiev, motioning along the corridor and to the barracks.

"Aricoza to Kappas and Sigmas. I just got word from Command. They've confirmed that the hostile ships were also Yinchorri, and our ships saw them off. They're now mopping up. Seems the [expletive deleted] are abandoning their boys here. Lets finish the cleaning, gentlemen."

CaamasiJedi49
8 March 2006, 06:52 AM
There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
-George Washington

"Roger Aricoza. Though if you ask me, this feels like a tactical retreat. But then again, I'm paranoid like that."

Waiting until Gig returns to his and Dart's position, Papi leads the two Sigma's down the corridor. Papi comes up to a fresher, slowly peers in, nothing. Papi motions the other two to watch his back as he quickly inspects the room, confirming its clear. Papi then moves across the corridor to the Barracks. Again it is empty.

"Papi here, refreshers and barracks at my position clear. Moving into main corridor. Out." Stepping into the main corridor, Papi hears the footsteps ahead of him. Checking his HUD map, it seems as though the sounds are coming from Engineering or the Power Reactor. It sounded like 4 pairs of feet doing some kind of robotic jig. "Aricoza, I hear multiple hostiles ahead, checking out." Motioning Dart and Gig to follow closely behind, Papi cross the main corridor and peers into the Engineering room."

Vanger Chevane
8 March 2006, 02:03 PM
Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all. - George Washington

Reaching a Security Control Room, the lack of personnel and bloodstains on the deck stand testament to the thoroughness of his enemy.

"Watch above as well as your sweep, we've already been surprised enough today."

Checking the area carefully, near one of the cabinets he could swear he heard something. Almost too faint to register even with the helmet's advanced pickups, but certainly there. Slowing down & going back to his training, he slips into one of the methods he was taught.

While Fengis has no more control over The Force than his Deece does, General Ogin's exercises did help him focus himself and his senses beyond that of most in the right circumstances. Now he had it, something in that cabinet was breathing.

Raising one hand to shoulder height, he signals Chiiko to find cover & set himself for a shot at whatever's in there, Brand to loop around & cover the cabinet as it opens.

Taking the hinge side, he turns his helmet to each of his brothers, and once they give him the nod that they're both ready, readies his own weapon and with the arm closest to the door, reaches out & opens it slightly. Don't let it be another trap...

PsychoInfiltrator
9 March 2006, 02:08 PM
"Aricoza, I hear multiple hostiles ahead, checking out." Motioning Dart and Gig to follow closely behind, Papi cross the main corridor and peers into the Engineering room."

Dart follows, listening intently.

"Aricoza, there's four of them. ... I think. We're outnumbered-but when has that ever stopped you guys?"

Dart's gun leads his body-he'll be able to shoot anytihng almsot before he sees it.

[Readied Action-if an enemy appears, he's getting two shots to the face.]

darth_phobeius
10 March 2006, 09:03 PM
[Gig will follow behind Dart and Papi after freeing up Duece from the boob-trap and load a EMP grenade into his DC since he probably does not have the DEMP attachment yet. He will aim for the most vulnerable cybernetic parts with his blaster.]

(OOC: Knowledge: Technology +16; Spot +3)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 March 2006, 04:56 PM
Chiiko nodded silently, moving carefully to a safe position. (preferably near a table or console affording some cover). He took care to pay attention to his surroundings, lest there be other traps in the room.

OOC: Search +9 , Spot +7, move to spot with at least partial to half cover if possible with clear line of fire for underslung

If no traps found, and is safe at ready position, Chiiko gives a 'ready, ok' hand signal to his teammates with his free hand, as his underslung is trained squarely at the door, and gloved finger featherlight on the primer trigger, but not depressed.

He didn't like the sitiation at all - it wasn't safe to warm up the barrel as Brand would be in direct line of fire, while at the same time his underslung would take a moment to spin up and fire - but sometimes the moment's delay was a moment too late.

coldskier0320
12 March 2006, 06:52 AM
Without instruction from Papi, Deuce follows the rest of Sigma, wriggling his toes furiously to get rid of the pins and needles from lifting his foot for so long.

Falling into a flank guard position, Deuce is on the alert for any threats, not at all liking the mysterious sounds he was hearing.

darth_phobeius
19 March 2006, 06:28 PM
[Gig stops by the fallen cyborgs body and does a quick search to see if he can see anything that would be vulnerable or might help with taking these things down faster.]

(OOC: Search +8, Knowledge (Technology) +16)

(Plus I just wanted to BUMP this thread)

PsychoInfiltrator
20 March 2006, 02:24 PM
Dart: "All in all, I'd rather be on TIV duty. Blasted Yinchorri."

(I second yon bump. PS: I started Triple Zero.)

Rostek
20 March 2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
"After you, ner vod (My brother)," Dutch says to Stiev, motioning along the corridor and to the barracks.

"Aricoza to Kappas and Sigmas. I just got word from Command. They've confirmed that the hostile ships were also Yinchorri, and our ships saw them off. They're now mopping up. Seems the [expletive deleted] are abandoning their boys here. Lets finish the cleaning, gentlemen."

"Copy Dutch... lets go, and keep my butt covered." Stiev replied, keeping his weapon front and primed as he stalked down the corridor.

johnnyputrid
20 March 2006, 05:17 PM
Dropping into his trademark semi-crouch combat stance, and keeping his finger hovering over his vibrodagger's activation stud, Dutch keeps pace with his partner.

"Don't worry 92, your butt's safe with me. Wait a sec, that just did not come out right. What I meant was...umm...well, I uh...oh, kark it. Let's just go."


Dutch turns to face the opposite direction, keeping his back within a meter of Stiev's, just in case something nasty should pop out behind them. At this point, nothing would surprise him. He probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash if Count Dooku himself simply fell from the ceiling and started carving holes in the walls with his lightsaber.

Rostek
21 March 2006, 04:04 PM
(OOC: Holy crap- I forgot to add the stuff from the PM to my post!)

Stiev surveyed the barracks- "This is Kappa One- group, be advised that we have multiple bodies in the south barracks. It would appear that they were taken out prior to the alert. Also... there has been carnivorous activity acted out on one of the deceased. Something big and nasty took a bite, post-mortem by the look." he said, somewhat more perturbed than he had been previously.

PsychoInfiltrator
21 March 2006, 04:11 PM
"This is Kappa One- group, be advised that we have multiple bodies in the south barracks. It would appear that they were taken out prior to the alert. Also... there has been carnivorous activity acted out on one of the deceased. Something big and nasty took a bite, post-mortem by the look."

"Maybe we oughta shoot the next thing we find in the mouth. ... And wouldn't it be post-humously, ner vod?"

johnnyputrid
24 March 2006, 09:31 PM
Dutch takes a long, hard look at the mayhem before him. Then he starts getting upset. Really upset. The kind of upset where nothing else expect killing everything except for your brothers matters anymore. Dutch wanted revenge for this desecration, and only spilled blood was going to sate his thirst.

He contemplates swapping out his pistol for the Firelance slung on his back, but nixes the idea in mid-thought. He wanted both hands available. He wanted to get up close and personal. He wanted to feel these scumbags die. He was trained in close quarters fighting, and it was high time to put that training to the test. Flicking the power switch on his hand-built vibrodagger, the weapon hums quietly to life. When he built this particular blade, he fine-tuned it to produce a less-intense hum, more suitable for stealth work than typical vibro weapons. Never-the-less, the auidible buzzing sound thrummed in the enclosed barracks room, more or less in time with Dutch's ever-increasing pulse.

He looked at his brother, wondering if Stiev could see the murderous intent behind his faceplate.

"OK, enough of this karking business. Let's find these bastards and cut 'em down. If I've got to die today, I'm taking as many of these things with me as I can."

Ronin
24 March 2006, 09:39 PM
:clonetpr:Fengis, Chiiko, Brand
Fengis swings the locker open to reveal a Republic technician cowering on his knees, hand up over his head, shaking. Peeking out between his fingers he spots the three of you; weapons trained on him, and lets out a yelp. A damp patch spreads across his trousers and he wimpers.

:clonetpr:Stiev, Dutch
You make it to the checkpoint undisturbed and find it deserted. Probably the troopers were called away to man batteries since the station's badly undermanned.
But just as you exit back to the corridor, movement down the corridor to the east catches Dutch's attention and a roll takes him back into the checkpoint and out of the path of a blaster bolt.

:clonetpr: Sigmas
Papi leading the way, followed by Dart and Gig, with Deuce and God bringing up the rear and covering their brothers, Sigma squad makes it's way toward the engineering section of Ord Minato.
As they approach the corner of the corridor, the stealth soles of their Katarn armour boots barely making any sound on the deck plating, two hulking Yinchorri round the corner...

Meanwhile, in space...
Captain Ninor watches as the flight of four V-19 Torrent fighters wink out of existence on the Relentless' sensor display. Most of the space in-system of their position was blank due to damaged sensors: one repair on the long list that brought the Acclamator to Ord Minato in the first place.
"What just happened to those fighters?" the captain demanded.
"Sir, we received no mayday transmissions, they may simply be lost to our sensors."
Ninor stroked his chin. He didn't want to send more fighters on potentially a wild bantha chase, but still, something didn't feel right. The Republica was still chasing the few remaining Yinchorri ships out of the system: a cruiser and a handful of fighters. They'd reach the jump point soon.
Ord Minato was reporting saboteurs aboard, but commandoes seemed to have the situation under control.
Everything seemed to be clearing up but he couldn't help feeling that the Yinchorri attack had been halfhearted. Or false.
"Sir, we've managed to route our sensor data to Ord Minato."
"A bit late, lieutenant," Ninor commented with a raised eyebrow.

Suddenly the sun erupted in streaks of laser fire; a dozen Republic starfighters blossomed into fireballs and the Yinchorri fleet was upon them.

johnnyputrid
24 March 2006, 10:17 PM
Having cleared out the extreme left side of the complex, the clones make thier way back to begin the process all over again. Senses alert, Dutch moves back the way they came when he catches movement out of the right corner of his viewplate. He realizes almost too late that he's out in the open when a blaster bolt sizzles by his head. Tuck and rolling back to cover, he scrambles back to his feet, kneels and turns to Stiev.

"Guess I asked for it, didn't I? Get to the other side of the hallway, I'll cover you from here.

Chin-clicking his comlink, he opens up the line. "Control, this is 87. Contact, east corrider, left side security checkpoint. Opening up."

Kneeling, and leaning out a bit from the wall, he brings his pistol up in a two-handed grip and pops off a few shots down the corrider.


(Takes a knee, using wall as cover [3/4s cover,+7 cover bonus, +3 Ref save bonus]; Full attack to provide covering fire for Stiev, if he chooses to move to the other side; if not, full attack to blast the nasty thing down the hall.)

CaamasiJedi49
25 March 2006, 07:33 AM
Papi fires off four shots at the lead Yinchorri Dart had hit before the recoil causes it to fly out of his hands. Papi barely is able to hold onto the gun, luckily for him. This is not may day. Even with all of the shots he put intoYinchorri it still refused to go down. "For the love of the Republic, go down you ugly beast!" And then Gig floors him with his two shots. Papi is about to relax when he realizes he is still moving, "Ok Sigma's, pull this lovely lady off to the side. Deuce and God, cover Gig and Dart as they move him to the side. Gig, Dart, approuch the one still alive with caution, he may still be dangerous." Switching his comlinks, Papi says, "Aricoza, got one more confirmed Lizard boy. One seems to be down but not out, I going to see if we can 'gleam' anything from him."

darth_phobeius
25 March 2006, 06:30 PM
[Gig will combine fire with Papi and Dart to take down the last hostile. Gig then moves forward to one of them and will attempt to see if the cybernetics are transmitting to a remote location and attempt to get a lock on where. Then drag the bodies out of the way as ordered]

Gig "Wish whoever made these would have installed a repulsorlift in their shrebs. They are some heavy ones."

coldskier0320
26 March 2006, 11:03 PM
As the first wet drops, Deuce snaps up his deecee and gives the ugly lizard a burst of plasma-based cosmetic surgery, right in the face.

Fierfek, he thinks to himself, these di'kute are even uglier than last time!

[OOC: Multifire burst, if you please. :) (And if possible...:raised: )]

darth_phobeius
26 March 2006, 11:32 PM
(OOC: Are they wet or tinnies? I think we should refer to them as 'canned ham'. What do you all think? Please leave one not so not there for me there boom boy. Get the puppeteer so we don't have to deal with the puppet show.)

Rostek
27 March 2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
Having cleared out the extreme left side of the complex, the clones make thier way back to begin the process all over again. Senses alert, Dutch moves back the way they came when he catches movement out of the right corner of his viewplate. He realizes almost too late that he's out in the open when a blaster bolt sizzles by his head. Tuck and rolling back to cover, he scrambles back to his feet, kneels and turns to Stiev.

"Guess I asked for it, didn't I? Get to the other side of the hallway, I'll cover you from here.


"Prob'ly. Rog on the move, Dutch." Stiev replied. To that end, the clone ran from his position across the corridor to the indicated location, then slid into a kneeling position (or something close) at the edge of the wall for cover, then proceeds to pop off a shot at their attacker once he reaches his preferred position.

(Move, then attack actions)

Vanger Chevane
27 March 2006, 04:36 PM
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

Fengis swings the locker open to reveal a Republic technician cowering on his knees, hand up over his head, shaking. Peeking out between his fingers he spots the three of you; weapons trained on him, and lets out a yelp. A damp patch spreads across his trousers and he wimpers.
Must be one of the Smart Ones, had the sense to hide when horribly outmatched by the Seps...but would he be just deadweight taking him with us?

"Control, Kappa One. We've a survivor, appears to be a tech. Please advise ASAP."

After hand-signalling Chiiko & Brand to look relaxed & non-threatening, but remain ready in case something goes wrong, he says to the tech "We're the Good Guys, you can relax."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 March 2006, 02:06 AM
Chiiko didnt realize he was holding his breath, exhaled in a sigh of releif. He relaxed his finger from the trigger and pointed its slowing barrel elsewheres away from the technician.

"Easy there. We're on your side. Did you get a look at the attackers?" Chiiko stated, then asked the scared technician.

CaamasiJedi49
28 March 2006, 08:15 AM
Seeing the other Yinchorri alive Papi drops to his knee and opens fire on him.

PsychoInfiltrator
28 March 2006, 03:33 PM
after his ineffectual shot, Dart mutters over the comm: "Accuracy, nothin! I think this thing's practically outta juice. ... I'm used to stuff that makes a big impression..."

Dart drops to one knee on impulse before firing again.

"Blasted things...they're liek canned hams..."

(Dart: Multifire at target #2)

Ronin
29 March 2006, 08:04 AM
From nowhere the Yinchorri fleet fell upon the Relentless and the Chandrilla: the Republic's fighters, already tired and with ammunition stocks depleted, valiantly turned to engage the enemy as the two battered Acclamators opened up with their batteries.

"Helm: bring us about. Put us on a head to head course with the line of cruisers! Gunners!" Captain Ninor roared across the Relentless' bridge; "put all our remaining torpedoes into those cruisers one by one as soon as we're lined up. Comms: instruct the Chandrilla to cover our flanks with one broadside, and stop any enemy fighters getting to the station with the other...and set up that sensor link to Ord Minato now! We need the station's guns!"
He winced as a Torrent exploded into a fireball infront of his ship's bridge.

Aboard the Republica captain Ataiu watched as the remaining Yinchorri raiders leapt to hyperspace.
"Ah, good. Very good," he smiled and turned about, returning to the tactical station and it's holotable, "now lieutenant, what has Ninor been yelping on about?"
He then cast his eyes to the holo display and the vast cloud of red hostile blips enveloping the two other Acclamators glowing stalwartly green, a decreasing number of green starfighters weaving through the red mass. Tendrils of red were working their way toward Ord Minato's icon.
Ataiu grinned broadly, "Another chance for glory, boys! Bring us about!"

The Yinchorri raiding force decanted from hyperspace less than a minute later and headed for the sanctuary of a moon of the system's outermost planet.
To rearm.

Inside Ord Minato:

"Frak!" cursed Aricoza, ducking a hail of blaster bolts and squeezing of some of his own, "Sigmas. There are three more Yinchorri about to head up the north-south corridor which'll bring 'em out just [expletive deleted] west of your position. Be advised: they are attempting to flank you. But not if I [expletive deleted] have a [expletive deleted] thing to say about it!" he says, firing again.

:clonetpr: Stiev, Dutch
As the two commandoes pour fire into their one target, the hulking cybernetic Yinchorri pops off a couple of rather badly aimed shots back...drawing nothing but sparks from the alloy walls.

:clonetpr: Fengis, Chiiko, Brand

Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
"Control, Kappa One. We've a survivor, appears to be a tech. Please advise ASAP."
"Control to Kappa One. Is your location secure? If so, please leave the survivor there, otherwise please escort to safety for later debriefing."

Brand signs deeply, not realising how tense he'd been.
"Sarge, I'm going back to cover the main corridor."

The technician is shivering with fear but your words get through and he lowers his hands from his face; "the-the-they've g-g-gone?" is all he manages to stammer out, wide eyes darting about the room and settling on the blood splattered deck plates.

:clonetpr: Sigma Squad
Two shots from the Yinchorri miss Gig's armour by the bredth of a stingfly's wedding tackle and you hear the sound of God (currently at the rear of the squad) attaching his grenade launcher to his DC; "And lo, he did righteously smite his foes."

PsychoInfiltrator
29 March 2006, 02:58 PM
Dart watched as the hail of bolts burned down the second Yinchorri. Making sure that he was along the far wall, he paused, hoping somebody would pass him...blisslessly unaware of another threat...

CaamasiJedi49
29 March 2006, 08:26 PM
Getting two shots off on the Ynichorri, the first burns a whole through his chest, stopping him in his tracks. The second shot hits him squarely in the head, dropping the Yinchorri like a brick. Papi sighs in relief for a moment, but hearing Aricoza's warning didn't help keep the mood. "Crude, roger Aricoza. I think we might got a couple left, thought I heard something else here, so once I get a handle here I will send some Sigma's your way." Looking to his squad, Papi said, "Anyone spot any other lizard boys hear? Because I think Aricoza may need our help, even if he won't admit it."

PsychoInfiltrator
30 March 2006, 11:19 AM
"Every ... wants our help at sometime or another.
mutters Dart, just as he is about to step into the intersecting corridor-

Rostek
30 March 2006, 12:38 PM
Stiev smiled under his helmet.
Almost got him now... he thought as he took aim at the hostile with his rifle.
"Kappa One reporting- we're containing hostile at our position, over." he said over the comm, then squeezed the DC's trigger.

(OOC: Rapid Shot+Multifire Full attack on the Yinchorri)

johnnyputrid
31 March 2006, 07:31 PM
As his partner spews firepower down the hallway, Dutch gets his first good look at the hulking Yinchorri. Great Space, that's one big lizard! Maybe I should rethink the up-close and personal thing. Remembering the fun he had dealing with the braceman on Tatooine (and never forgetting the nasty blow to the throat he received), Dutch quickly scratches his plan to gut the beast with his vibrodagger. Grabbing a C-16 from his thigh pouch, he sends the grenade in a shallow arc down the hallway, keeping it as level and as straight as he can muster.

Let's see what these beasties look like in a few hundred peices. "Stiev, heads up, frag out!"


(OOC: move action to retrieve grenade, single attack to loft it down the hall)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2006, 09:30 PM
"Control to Kappa One. Is your location secure? If so, please leave the survivor there, otherwise please escort to safety for later debriefing."

Brand signs deeply, not realising how tense he'd been.
"Sarge, I'm going back to cover the main corridor."

The technician is shivering with fear but your words get through and he lowers his hands from his face; "the-the-they've g-g-gone?" is all he manages to stammer out, wide eyes darting about the room and settling on the blood splattered deck plates.

Chiiko Shrugs, replies privately on the Squad band "Looks secure to me Sarge. By the way, about the non-com, we bring'em or leav'em?" nodding his helmet sideways over to the tech.

Truthfully, Chiiko couldn't have cared less about the civvie at the moment. This whole station bit made him edgy from the get-go, and sooner they could get movin again, the less time he'd have to dwell on it. Besides, he had a personal score to settle with the intruders for the wholesale slaughter of fellow clone brothers a couple rooms back - who didn't even have a chance... Hurry things up darnit... Theres some seperatist roasting to do!

Vanger Chevane
5 April 2006, 01:58 PM
The term "low intensity" tends to sound like "conflict of lesser importance" to someone not versed in military terminology. - Robert Leonhard


"Control to Kappa One. Is your location secure? If so, please leave the survivor there, otherwise please escort to safety for later debriefing."

Brand signs deeply, not realising how tense he'd been.
"Sarge, I'm going back to cover the main corridor."

The technician is shivering with fear but your words get through and he lowers his hands from his face; "the-the-they've g-g-gone?" is all he manages to stammer out, wide eyes darting about the room and settling on the blood splattered deck plates.
(Sarcasticly) Bout as secure as anything can get around here without being shot at...

"They're gone, and so are we. Stay put and Intel will get around to collecting you eventually.

Pack it up, time for the next one..."

OOC: Moving right along.

coldskier0320
6 April 2006, 11:26 AM
Deuce, seeing the last hostile in this batch drop, nods at Papi's suggestion.


"Anyone spot any other lizard boys hear? Because I think Aricoza may need our help, even if he won't admit it."

"I'll go. Anyone else want to tag along?", with that, Deuce, one of the few present who [i]wasn't]/i] trained by the foul-mouthed sargeant, heads off to help out the man whom the rest of his new co-workers thoroughly liked.

[Move to top of corridor, where I can catch the wets in a 90-degree crossfire with Aricoza.]

Easing around the corner, Deuce takes a look at what he's dealing with, deecee at the ready.

Ronin
6 April 2006, 04:43 PM
Deuce, seeing the last hostile in this batch drop, nods at Papi's suggestion.
"I'll go. Anyone else want to tag along?", with that, Deuce, one of the few present who [i]wasn't]/i] trained by the foul-mouthed sargeant, heads off to help out the man whom the rest of his new co-workers thoroughly liked.

"I'm with you brother," nods God, hefting his grenade-configured DeeCee.
He follows Deuce to the door, staying behind his brother. Just before his new squadmate leans out to take a look down the corridor God taps him on the shoulder;
"If there's more than one of them, you go prone and pour on the fire; I'll fire a grenade."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 April 2006, 05:15 PM
"Ready when you are Sarge."

OOC: Chiiko gives the room one last glance, then follows the Sarge back out to the hallway. Alert and ready for anything.

Ronin
11 April 2006, 07:21 AM
Gig immediately spotted the other two Yinchorri (#1 & #2) round the corner and ducked back as they opened fire with their rifles...
and everything went black.
Papi and Dart watched helplessly as their brother tried to roll backwards as fire came from the left, but caught three shots hard. His roll turns into a flop and he sprawls motionless onto the deck, blood gushing from the inside of his right thigh; the armour blown away...and a fair chunk of meat with it (17WP critical. Gig is now at -3WP and bleeding out. Two other hits did 19VP damage).

The doorway to the engineering section then opened and another pair of Yinchorri: one with two glowing red cyber-eyes (#3), the other with comms antenna sprouting directly from it's head (#4), knelt just inside the doorway, using it for cover...
unfortunately for them, Papi and Dart have quicker trigger fingers, even despite having just seen their brother mown down, and the commandoes get off the first shots...and the Yinchorri's replying cannon blasts go wide; blowing wall pannels to smitherines and breaking a water pipe back down the corridor which proceeds to vent steam before water sprays.


Deuce and God peeked into the doorway to catch a pair of Yinchorri off guard, moving double-time directly towards them.
Deuce's HUD rangefinder flashed up 10m in the corner of his field of vision just before he and God fired.
The rearmost of the two Yinchorri (#6) rolls with God's grenade blast and gets off a single shot with his rifle, hammering God's chest armour (5VP).

Fat cigarra clamped in his stubbled jaw, body crouched low, pistol and knife together in his two-handed grip, the old soldier gently squeezed the trigger three times. The first bolt took the alien full in the chest, finding a gap in the grafted armour plating. The second and third bolts slapped hard into the meat and metal around his first shot. In a shower of sparks and a spray of blood it dropped to the deck.
"Aricoza to Deuce. One down. Moving forward. Flush those two my way if you can."

Fengis and Chiiko left the cowering technician to rejoin Brand in the corridor and proceeded south. Everything, booby traps and manic survivors aside, had been quite for them so far.
Too quiet.
They took up positions around the door to the observation tower, then hit the door switch. The door slid smoothly aside with a hiss to reveal the bottom level of a three story tower, with a spiral staircase around the side of the otherwise empty room. Thankfully the openess let them clear the room in seconds.
The domed ceiling gave them their first glimpse of the battle raging outside...and how close the Yinchorri starfighters were: straffing the station itself as the Chandrilla tried to keep them away.


MEANWHILE, THE BATTLE CONTINUES IN SPACE

Torpedoes streaked out from the Relentless toward the perfectly lined up Yinchorri cruisers.
Alert claxons blared aboard the lead cruiser as the pilot wrestled with the controls, finally pulling out of the torpedoes' path at the last second.
The volley continued past, slamming into the second cruiser in the line, caught completely unawares. The torpedoes tore the ship apart deck by deck, sending debris in all directions on the crest of multiple explosions. Explosions borne of more than simply the Relentless's torpedoes.


ABOARD THE RELENTLESS
Captain Ninor turned away from the bridge's vast transparisteel windows even as they automatically darkened the blast.
"Sensors! What in the Seven Corellian Hells was that?" he demanded.
"Unknown sir! Yinchorri cruisers do have torpedo bays...but that blast was still too big."


ABOARD THE REPUBLICA
Captain Ataiu watched as the last of the Relentless' torpedoes took out the Yinchorri cruiser in a huge explosion.
"Have all our fighters accelerate to attack speed and engage the enemy. We can't have the Relentless and Chandrilla stealing all the glory."
As the Republica's starfighters accelerated away, leaving the Acclamator unprotected, other foes raced to re-enter the conflict.


ORD MINATO COMMAND
"Sir! We're recieving targeting telemetry from the Relentless!" the
comms officer announced, the deck under him shaking as fire from the Yinchorri fighters found its mark.
"Not a moment too soon," Captain Icthus muttered.
A Yinchorri starfighter was caught by a salvo from the station's cannons.
That was too damned close! I thought it was going to hit the station!
Icthus thought, his white-knuckled fingers gripping the railing.


ABOARD THE YINCHORRI FLAGSHIP
The alien captain stared as the Republic station's weapons recommensed firing, swatting Yinchorri fighters with scarlet hyphens of laser.
"WHAT?! How?" he bellowed.
"Captain! The Republic cruiser dead ahead seems to be transmitting targeting data to the station."
The captain smiled, revealing his gold-capped canines. He clapped the pilot, his son, on the shoulders.
"Strike the first blow, spawn of my loins," he then turned to the rest of the skeleton crew, "All hands, brace for oblivion!"

CaamasiJedi49
11 April 2006, 09:28 AM
Crud, though Papi as he saw Gig go down, not good, not good by a long shot. After hitting the Yinchorri (#4) Papi turns to Dart and said, "Lets quickly take down this ugly we're on now (#4) and then you cover me while I go help out Gig, roger?" Papi continued to pour fire into the Yinchorri he hit as he said this.

PsychoInfiltrator
11 April 2006, 02:10 PM
Barely hearing what Papi says, Dart drops to a crouch, and sends more hellfire in the direction of the opposite Yinchorri. (Multifire on Yinchorri 4.)
(over the comm)
"Man down! Man down! We need fire support, now!" Dart's mind flashes back to a fateful day...his training reflexes mixing with his memories...his mind, trained to be rational and analytical, kicked back in. "We've been ambushed by hostiles-revise estimated enmy count upwards..."

Dart wished desperately that he was flying right now...

Vanger Chevane
12 April 2006, 12:23 AM
"An Army is still a crowd, though a highly organized one. It is governed by the same laws, and under the stress of war is ever tending to revert to its crowd form. Our object in peace is so to train it that the reversion will become very slow" - Major-General J.F.C Fuller, "Training soldiers for war" 1914


"Man down! Man down! We need fire support, now!"
Fengis' mind immediately shifts gears to what his Primary Purpose in Life was...keeping his Brothers alive.

Checking his HUD quickly and using that calm, Command Voice he'd learned by emulating General Ogin, and usually produced results... "Stay cool. You'll need to pull him back to that mess hall Aricoza cleared, I'll backtrack and RV there.

Aricoza, any chance of one or two of yours ferrying him over?

Chiiko, Brand, continue clearing forward, coupla rooms on the right ahead our other pair passed up. Watch yourselves, and keep an eye out for gifts from the Seppies." (traps like the grenade-and-wire rig)


Hang on Brother, I'm coming as fast as I can to help you...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2006, 02:34 AM
"Man down! Man down! We need fire support, now!" Reverberated through Chiiko's mind several times as he began making his way to the mess hall... Wonder who got hit?... Was the other thing he wondered...

It was all too familiar, memories from Geonosis, where it seemed casualty reports were continously flooding the comms, including his own voice as his own entire pod team got gunned down one by one until only he remained. The outlook was grim, low on ammo, pinned behind poor cover. Geonosians flew in swarms overhead, he layed deadly still lest his movement attract attention as he held his last brother; slowly slipping away in his arms as enemy droid fire poured overhead while awaiting emergency evac... The chronometer read a full hour later when enemy fire began to thin, and the sounds of larties filled the air... His own armor was rust orange and blood red like the transports by the time he was recovered... Survivor's guilt... Did it ever go away?


Chiiko, Brand, continue clearing forward, coupla rooms on the right ahead our other pair passed up. Watch yourselves, and keep an eye out for gifts from the Seppies."

"Roger Sarge..." Chiiko replied autonomusly, his attention suddenly snapped back to present, keeping his eyes peeled on the lookout for traps, his finger snug on the trigger. While he wanted to race to meet the enemy, he didn't wanna expire quite that quickly, especially to his own due carelessness through haste.

OOC: search & spot for hiding enemies and hidden traps.

Ronin
12 April 2006, 06:33 AM
"Aricoza, any chance of one or two of yours ferrying him over?"

"Roger that Kappa One," Aricoza's gruff voice comes over the comm net; "Sigma one: pull back to a defensible position and get your boy out of there. I'm coming to support you. Deuce, God: clear this corridor so we can Gig to the mess hall ASAP."


Chiiko, Brand, continue clearing forward, coupla rooms on the right ahead our other pair passed up. Watch yourselves, and keep an eye out for gifts from the Seppies." (traps like the grenade-and-wire rig)

"Roger that, sarge. Chiiko, wanna lead the way?" Brand asks, head cocked to one side.

Rostek
12 April 2006, 09:11 AM
(OOC: Even though you didn't post anything viz. us, I'll proceed along as the PM described, okeday?)

Stiev smiled with satisfaction as his shots took down the lizard-thing, then ducked behind the corner as his brother's grenade went off. Emerging from his hidey place, the clone moved forward to check the body for weapons and for the unlikely existance of vitals, taking any equipment that looks useful and/or exotic (especially weaponry).

"Well done, Dutch. After we check the stiff, let's proceed toward the observation tower like we planned." he said, even as thet casualty call came in over the comm. Upon hearing it, Stiev cursed, but remembered to call into Sarge about their action:
"This is Kappa Element One, we've ended contact with our wet. He is down hard. Moving to inspect, then we're moving on." he said, slinking toward the enemy body.

darth_phobeius
12 April 2006, 10:48 AM
[Biting back the pain and the need to curse Gig trys to keep his vision from blurring over. Even though he has gone through so much training and had information on the nature of pain dumped into his skull through it all, he was not really prepared for the actual sensation of a hole being burned thru his leg. Kinda nauseatign really. He did not want to throw up in his helmet though. Hope they get him some place fast or this leg is a goner. What the feirfek did they hit him with anyways?]

Gig "No hurry guys. Just taking in the scenery. You got all the time in the world to get me someplace where I won't die. No problems here."

PsychoInfiltrator
12 April 2006, 01:42 PM
Gig "No hurry guys. Just taking in the scenery. You got all the time in the world to get me someplace where I won't die. No problems here."

He's alive echoed through Dart's head.

OOC: Ronin, seeing as we are kinda in a combat situation, could we get an update on our respective volleys before to much in-firefight tlaking occurs?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2006, 01:52 PM
"Roger that, sarge. Chiiko, wanna lead the way?" Brand asks, head cocked to one side.

"My pleasure....Maybe toast a few unlucky appetizers along the way hmm?", Chiiko takes the lead to their RV point: Mess hall.

OOC: search & spot for traps, uglies, etc...

johnnyputrid
12 April 2006, 04:43 PM
"Well done, Dutch. After we check the stiff, let's proceed toward the observation tower like we planned."

"You got it, ner vod. Hopefully this guy has a C-16 I can pilfer. Shame I had to waste a perfectly good frag on an empty room."

Hearing the comm chatter, Dutch realizes one of his mates is down. He realized the two had their mission to perform, but he truly wanted nothing more than to get Gig to safety and frag the whole complex. He was getting tired of watching his brothers get slaughtered and not being able to do anything about it.


(OOC: searching the corpse for a replacement C-16 and moving on. Dutch will take the lead again, if that's cool with Stiev.)

CaamasiJedi49
12 April 2006, 07:31 PM
Gig "No hurry guys. Just taking in the scenery. You got all the time in the world to get me someplace where I won't die. No problems here." [/B]

Thank the Republic, he's still alive!

coldskier0320
13 April 2006, 01:40 PM
"Sigma one: pull back to a defensible position and get your boy out of there. I'm coming to support you. Deuce, God: clear this corridor so we can Gig to the mess hall ASAP."

"Ten-four, Sarge, we already slotted one aruette, the other isn't long for this world.", Deuce says professionally, nodding to God, "You heard the man."

With that, Deuce abandons his useless decee, after hearing the all-too-familiar chak! of the weapon jamming. Dropping the defunct weapon to the deck, he withdraws a grenade and lobs it at the last few hostiles.

Ronin
13 April 2006, 05:41 PM
As Deuce's DeeCee blasts the lead Yinchorri to the deck, God also leans round the door frame, his DeeCee braced firmly against him, and lets fly a grenade.

More at home with his sniper attachment, the grenade went a little too far, detonating behind his target but still catching the lizard in the blast to some extent.

The Yinchorri commando rolled with the blast and came up on one knee, squeezing off a single shot into God's chestplate.

Seeing Deuce ready a grenade of his own, God took a knee and prepared to fire again.

(OOC: Full Update tonight)

Ronin
14 April 2006, 07:44 AM
"Brace for impact!" yelled captain Ninor as the lead Yinchorri cruiser bore down upon the Relentless.
The bridge shook as if struck by a wrathful deity's fists.
The Yinchorri cruiser ploughed into the Acclamator's mid-decks as both vessels continued to fire on each other. The Republic cruiser's hull plating crumpled and ruptured, the Yinchorri ship's engines striving to push deeper into the already damaged vessel.
Various explosions wracked both ships as internal systems were destroyed or overloaded, debris striking one of the Yinchorri fighters still strafing the Acclamator.

At the same time the Republica's V-19 Torrent starfighters arrived at the main battle, helping the Chandrilla to keep the alien starfighters away from Ord Minato.

The crew of the Chandrilla, Republica and Ord Minato watched the lead Yinchorri cruiser ram the Relentless the impact of the smaller vessel striking its starboard side actually pushed the vast Acclamator off course and then...

ORD MINATO, BRIDGE
"Captain Icthus, we've lost the fire telemetry feed from the Relentless," the comms officer reported, looking up from the console he'd been hunched over.
Then he saw it.
A huge explosion tore apart the Relentless. A sun was seemingly born within the assault cruiser's innards, jets of flaming plasma punched through its hull like rays of sunlight through cloud. As the Acclamator's own reactors detonated the ship lost hull integrity and disintegrated into flaming debris.
The ship's prow was thrown forward and began to tumble off into the void as the squat bridge drifted aft, venting atmosphere.

ABOARD ORD MINATO
Dutch and Stiev check their downed foe. They'll have to look elsewhere for prisoners. The room the Yinchorri came from is bare...seemingly serving no purpose. Why was the alien commando there?
Moving on with their patrol they enter the observation tower to the south...a three floor, open plan room like the one their brothers Fengis, Chiiko and Brand just left. They too catch sight of the Relentless death throes...

Fengis sprints as fast as his armour allows back round toward the secured mess hall...soon to be a field surgery.

His patient lies on the deck, stabilised by his sheer will and strength of constitution...but still in danger, whilst his two brothers stand over him, pouring blaster fire into their enemies...
they can hear the two who took down Gig advancing from their left...the lead one (#1) comes into line of sight of Papi and quickly snaps off a shot...punching Sigma sergeant hard in the left shoulder (13VP).

The second of the crouching Yinchorri (#3) at the engineering door levels his blaster cannon at Dart....and a thunderous blast takes the pilot full in the chest (21VPs!) hammering the breath from his lungs.

Ronin
14 April 2006, 07:46 AM
Map

PsychoInfiltrator
14 April 2006, 08:10 AM
The second of the crouching Yinchorri (#3) at the engineering door levels his blaster cannon at Dart....and a thunderous blast takes the pilot full in the chest (21VPs!) hammering the breath from his lungs.

Dart mumbles something that starts something like "ow" and ends something like "fierfek," as he finds his Deece's jammed.

EDIT:

Dart lets go of his Deece, pulls out a grenade, and randomly chucks it around the corner and far down the corridor. With its detonation set to on contact, Dat hopes it'll distract his targets. (I believe thme to be enmey 1+2. Please note that dart uses the grenade with the largest blast radius possible)

Dart does all this blindly so as to avoid beign shot at by his Yinchorri targets. (Being around the corner where they can't see him.)

Dart also fevently hopes that this ocunts as Papi's covering fire.

CaamasiJedi49
14 April 2006, 09:23 AM
Papi screamed in pain as another Yinchorri fires on him and hits him in the shoulder. Crud, and my shoulders are bad enough as it is! Ignoring the pain, Papi fired on the Yinchorri who took down Gig, fire two shots into him. By luck the two shots hit something explosive, for in the next moment the Yinchorri's upper body explodes into little pieces of flesh, blood and steel. Remembering his priorities, Papi says to Dart, "Cover me Dart, I'm going to go move Gig and do what I can for him." And with that he ran over to Gigs body and proceded to pull him aside to work on closing his wound.

[OCC: I'm assuming Gig is in the open, so I'm going to move him aside and then use my med kit]

johnnyputrid
14 April 2006, 11:29 AM
Checking the downed lizard, Dutch finds a glop grenade, but no frags. A glopper, huh? Now I wonder what he was planning on doing with this? Let's see how they like being covered in goo.

Continuing onward towards the observation tower, Dutch notices a rather large explosion in the space above. He couldn't make out too much detail, but it didn't look good. Between cyborg lizards, crashing ships and dying brothers, things were beginning to look bad. And to think, this was only the start of their mission.

"Somebody's day just got ruined," he said to Stiev, pointing upwards with his pistol. "Let's just hope they took out plenty of bad guys with them. This is turning into one ani shu'shuk, ner vod*. Looking past the observation tower door, he several rooms beyond. "Great, more rooms to clear. How many rooms does this karking place have, anyway?"


*big disaster, my bother.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 April 2006, 01:44 PM
Chiiko leads the way to the next mess hall, with Brand right behind him.

:edited & corrected:

Rostek
19 April 2006, 07:50 AM
Stiev winces as the Republic ship goes up... That's not a good omen for the rest of the day. he thought plainly.
"Kappa Element One here, observation tower is clear, we'll continue along our route, then." the clone commed, then motioned for Dutch to continue his role as point man as he brought his rifle to his shoulder to follow.

coldskier0320
20 April 2006, 10:07 AM
Gotta love it... Deuce thinks maliciously at his deecee.

Prepping yet another grenade, he throws a line drive at the last Yinchorri in the corridor.

[OOC: How many grenades does Deuce have? I'f he's already out, read this instead...]

Double clicking to open the comm channel to God and Aricoza, Deuce announces grimly, "Back off, ner vode. I'm about to give the wet a hot frag."

Hearing no objections, he readies one of the thermal detonators he always liked to keep on his person (he just felt...sort of naked without at least one), and carefully holds in the primer, counting out the five second fuse. At about one and a half seconds to go, he expertly tosses the baradium bulb toward the last Yinchorri, eagerly anticipating the results of the 'hot frag'.

:D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 April 2006, 12:56 AM
"Hey Brand. Shall we checkout the Engineering and Maintenance? See what's cookin? Wonder if they've got Sepies on today's menu..." Chiiko asked, carefully walking up to the doorway.

Chiiko stood ready, in position just before the entrance, his underslung spinning. Brand took up the other side of the frame, back to the wall.

"Count of three?"

(OOC: assuming the mess hall door is closed)

:edit: changed to moving to Engineering & Maintenance instead

darth_phobeius
21 April 2006, 05:29 AM
[Gig continues to not do anything but breath and think of the meaning of life and what it will be like to be reborn a droid or something. Maybe a Spider Monkey. I like monkeys. Stupid soft body. If I was a droid I would just fix myself, but nooo. I have to be all soft and squishy. If I was a droid I would eat bolts for candy and tires for taffy. (As you can see, shock has set in)]

Vanger Chevane
21 April 2006, 08:46 PM
I learned that good judgment comes from experience and that experience grows out of mistakes. — General Omar N. Bradley, 1893-1981

Seeing the mess completely empty, he picks a table with convenient access from the hatchway, with good lighting, and starts laying out things he's likely to need or want to hand.

Pressure Bandages, Synthflesh, coagulants, anaesthetic, anaesthesia, analgesic, tourniquet, burn cream, Flesh Glue, gauze wrap,splints, blood replacement, just need the victim.

"Would the Evac move with a sense of urgency before it's a Funeral Detail?"

Ronin
22 April 2006, 02:56 AM
Republic and Yinchorri starfighters alike swerved, jinked and spun out of the way of debris from the Relentless. Internal explosions still lit up the larger chunks and a scant few escape pods could be seen in the cloud of debris.
The remaining Yinchorri cruisers pushed on toward the Chandrilla and Ord Minato. Fearing a fate similar to that of captain Ninor and the Relentless, the captain of the Chandrilla ordered all starboard batteries to fire on the enemy cruisers.
With only the Acclamator's port guns targeting them, and the space station's arms again silenced, the Yinchorri starfighters swept past the
Chandrilla to attack Ord Minato.

COMMAND DECK, ORD MINATO
"Get our guns firing again!" barked captain Icthus.
"But sir, without the sensor tower or feed from-" a crewman began.
"I don't care if the gunners have to get out there and sight down the barrels themselves! Get our weapons firing again!" the captain replied.

EAST CORRIDORS, NEAR THE POWER REACTOR
Papi shouldered his fallen brother as carefully as he could and hauled him round the corner as quickly as he could (which ain't all that quick carrying your own gear, a fully armed and armoured commando and his gear too!).

As Dart lobs his grenade the Yinchorri (#3) knelt by the door sends another blast from his cannon over the pilot's shoulder, barely missing Papi and Gig, and blowing a hole in the door at the back of the corridor.
Rolling with the explosion of the grenade, the two Yinchorri (#1, #2) from the righthand corridor send a shot each into Dart's Katarn armour, scoring it's grey plating black and hammering his chest (Dart's down to 36VP).

MESSHALL/FIELD HOSPITAL
Fengis can hear gunfire and explosions coming from both the Sigma elements engaging the enemy as he steadily lays out the tools of his trade, catching a glimpse of a bottle of topato ketchup knocked over on another table...in the next few minutes that promised not to be the only red sauce spilled in the room.

ENGINEERING:
The door to the engineering section opened and both Chiiko and Brand instinctively reached for handholds as they saw the huge hull breach where the sensor tower used to be. The shimmering magnetic field calmed their nerves when the spotted it a microsecond later.
The whole engineering section had been blown out...along with three other engineering rooms and a corridor section the could see on the other edges of the blast zone. The edges of the decking were still crimson as the alloy cooled...and then they saw the other debris floating in the room and the void infront of them: fragments of equipment...and scorched then flash-frozen meat...
"Ner vod, looks like we were on the menu. Fierfek! Let's move on, my stomach never was too steady when I can see the stars like this."

KAPPA-1
Stiev and Dutch rapidly cleared the last three rooms in the corridor, and checked that the perimeter door was secure. Not a hostile in sight.

SIGMA-2
God fires a second grenade at the same Yinchorri as Deuce, the blast rocking the corridor and sending shrapnel ricocheting off the walls...and the commando's armour. Seeing Deuce readying a second grenade God lowers his weapon;
"I'm off to help carry our fallen brother to salvation, you righteous here?"

"Good work 243!" barks Aricoza at the results of Deuce's throws, "I'm moving south, you Sigmas can hold that side?"

Then suddenly the whole station shakes and the deck beneath you feels as if it sways...

Rostek
22 April 2006, 03:07 AM
Stiev comms Control- "This is Kappa One. South barracks clear. Would you be so kind as to open up the Obs tower so that we can pass through?" he asked/ordered (polite, doncha know...).
To Dutch, he talks strategy: "You thinking we should head into the eastern maintainence section, so we'll be in position to rendesvous with Kappa Three or the Sarge if need be?" he asked, making it apparent that that was, in fact, how he was thinking. Whatever the case, Stiev motions for Dutch to resume his now-customary point position as they move through the tower again to where they can make their next move.
Just as he motions, however, he feels the deck move... and as with all unexpected fluctuations on board a space vessel, Stiev found ample reason to be upset.
"Double damn! I think we might be in trouble.... We'd better double time it and get this job done with before there's no job to be done." he commented wanly, bringing his rifle back to his shoulder.

CaamasiJedi49
22 April 2006, 06:18 AM
Lugging Gig around the corner, Papi couldn't help but think that maybe he needs to go on a diet or something, to loose some weight or least not be crushing him as he trys to save him. Gently putting him down, or as gently as he could, Papi reaches for his med kit to close up the bleeding on Gig.

Vanger Chevane
22 April 2006, 08:25 PM
"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee


Fengis can hear gunfire and explosions coming from both the Sigma elements engaging the enemy as he steadily lays out the tools of his trade, catching a glimpse of a bottle of topato ketchup knocked over on another table...in the next few minutes that promised not to be the only red sauce spilled in the room.
Hearing the likelihood that the patient can't come to him, he hurriedly but surely stows everything away.

Readying both his rifles and prepping himself to mow down anyone trying to keep him from keeping His Purpose and Brother's Life, he checks his HUD and pushes into the hall as it bucks beneath him. "Aliit ori'shya taldin." Family is more than blood

Over the General Net "Med's enroute, hang tough. Somebody wanna cover the Zoomie or drag him back to something defensible before I hafta add him to my Dance Card?"

johnnyputrid
22 April 2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
"You thinking we should head into the eastern maintainence section, so we'll be in position to rendesvous with Kappa Three or the Sarge if need be?"

"Fine by me," the gravel-throated clone replies. "Let's get moving before the..."

Interrupted by what sounded like the station taking a few hundred turbolaser hits, Dutch loses his train of thought entirely. Not terribly keen on the idea of being blown up, he feels a new motivation to get moving sink in. Well, I've always wondered just what poodoo would sound like when it hit a fan. Now I know. New order of business: get the hell out of this fragging death trap.

"Fancy a little bit of PT, partner? Race you to the next bad guy!" Without turning to check Stiev's reaction, Dutch heads off at a full sprint, stopping only briefly to allow the security doors to cycle open.

PsychoInfiltrator
23 April 2006, 05:31 PM
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in war, win. Oh, I repeat myself." (uknown origin, presumably modern.)

Dart, his chestplate sporting multiple scorch marks, and his chest multiple bruises, winces.

Remembering that he has more grenades, he qickly turns away, pulls one out, and flicks it backwards, just as he dashes around the corner, almost tripping over Gig and Papi, at the exact moment that the deck shifts. Dart fails to either fall or notice.

The grenade goes off, and Dart draws his pistol and staying with Papi, but facing backwords, plays rearguard. Anyone ocmign around that corner will be shot.

"Papi, ner vod, could ya pick it up a bit? Getting shot is starting to bug me."

CaamasiJedi49
23 April 2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in war, win. Oh, I repeat myself." (uknown origin, presumably modern.)

Dart, his chestplate sporting multiple scorch marks, and his chest multiple bruises, winces.

Remembering that he has more grenades, he qickly turns away, pulls one out, and flicks it backwards, just as he dashes around the corner, almost tripping over Gig and Papi, at the exact moment that the deck shifts. Dart fails to either fall or notice.

The grenade goes off, and Dart draws his pistol and staying with Papi, but facing backwords, plays rearguard. Anyone ocmign around that corner will be shot.

"Papi, ner vod, could ya pick it up a bit? Getting shot is starting to bug me."

"I'm working as fast as I can. I'm sergeant, not a medic!"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 April 2006, 08:57 PM
"Ner vod, looks like we were on the menu. Fierfek! Let's move on, my stomach never was too steady when I can see the stars like this."


"No kidding ner vod. Lets go before somebody trips a main conduit and this forcefield blinks out. I realyl don't wanna test our suits against Vacuum. Do you?"

Walking carefully out of engineering, "Lets check the stores maybe? Make sure no gifts were left behind specially for us."

coldskier0320
24 April 2006, 09:34 AM
"Good work 243!" barks Aricoza at the results of Deuce's throws, "I'm moving south, you Sigmas can hold that side?"

"Please", Deuce holds his arms out to his sides, "call me Deuce." Though noone can see it, Deuce figures Aricoza can pretty much tell he's smiling as he nods.

"Hold the side? With pleasure. We'll double back to reinforce the rest of Sigma's position just after I unjam this osik'la thing, and close the contract on that wet."

Trotting over to the knocked-out Yinchorri, Deuce instructs God to cover him. Stealing in from an angle where the big alien would have to move to see him, Deuce extends his vibroblade and lunges forward, slashing the big reptile's neck, not caring a great deal for keeping clean.

Then, good deed accomplished, Deuce sets to work on his decee. After he gets it unjammed, he says, "All right, let's go." And heads off to back up his fourth squad since his original pod.

Subconsciously, he was beginning to wonder if he'd ever find a squad and stay with them...

Ronin
25 April 2006, 07:22 AM
ORD MINATO, COMMAND DECK
Sirens blare aboard the station as automatic systems innitiate a stabilisation burn.
"Sir, we're taking heavy fire from the enemy fighters!"

Just then the Republica's V-19s joined the fray, supporting those
remaining fighters from the Chandrilla and Relentless.
The triple-winged Republic starfighters chased the stubby cannon-fanged alien fighters across the space station, having to constantly check their targeting lest a stray shot hit the station.

The Chandrilla's guns continued to pound the advancing line of Yinchorri cruisers. Eventually the lead cruiser began to buckle under the Acclamator's fire and internal explosions tore it apart.
Missiles from Torrents took another cruiser in a fireball.
The remaining three Yinchorri cruisers pushed on towards the Chandrilla.

CHANDRILLA, BRIDGE
"Evasive maneuvers!" shouted the captain as the helmsman brought the assault cruiser's nose up rapidly, narrowly missing the first of the three remaining Yinchorri cruisers.

The alien ship then, with a clear line of fire to the space station, launched a salvo of missiles.

With the Chandrilla forced aside the Republica redlined it's engines, desperate to return to the conflict...
and conflict found it.
Decanting right on the Acclamator's tail a pair of Yinchorri cruisers immediately opened up with all their weapons.

ABOARD ORD MINATO
God watches as Deuce slits the fallen Yinchorri's throat, then the sniper leads the way back to his sergeant: crouched working over Gig in the corridor.
Dart, lobbing a grenade one way and running the other, joins them.
A second later his grenade detonates, sending shrapnel ricochetting off the walls.
And Kappa's sergeant: Fengis arrives from the other direction.

To the south the other four members of Kappa squad are finally reunited in the store room. Just about to open fire on each other with jibes and wisecracks, the comm comes alive.
"Aricoza to Kappa squad. Dutch, Chiiko, Brand, Stiev, get to my [expletive deleted] position ASAP! Aricoza to Command, the Yinchorri are concentrated around the power reactor. Repeat, the enemy may soon have control of the reactor!"

NOTE:
since no one currently has an eyeball on Hostiles #1, #2 or #3, the positions on the HUD map are their last known positions.

CaamasiJedi49
25 April 2006, 07:41 AM
Feverishly but carefully using the med kit, Papi could feel the pressure of the situation. Come on Papi, you can do this. Just have the life of one of your squad mates on the line. Quickly wrapping up the leg, Papi took a deep breathe and let it go slowly. Gigs wound looked stable, which made Papi happy. Noticing Fengis from Kappa coming up from behind, Papi got up, rifle in hand. "Hey Fengis, good to have you here. I think I got Gig's wound stabilized, but why don't you take a look?" Turning to Dart, Papi said, "Good job out there Dart, I'm glad I got you covering my back. Now lets go see if we have any friends around the corner." Papi then proceeds to peer around the corner for any more Yinchorri.

PsychoInfiltrator
25 April 2006, 04:54 PM
"Good job out there Dart, I'm glad I got you covering my back. Now lets go see if we have any friends around the corner."

"I'm not sure what-if anything my grenade did, so somebody oughta go cautious-like and see what happened. I'll be glad to join you once I get this flippin' Deece unjammed.

(Dart kneels, plucks a grenade (assuming hae has another) out of wherever it was, places it beside him, and works on his Deece. (Round 1 of 2)

{At round end}

Dart suddenly realizes something-

"Hey, does Gig have a Deece I can use?"

Rostek
25 April 2006, 05:41 PM
Stiev cursed. That would just be too bloody easy, wouldn't it? he thought off-handedly.
"C'mon then, we'd better get there ASAP, brothers- we're probably boned if we don't get there soon." he said, switching his comm to the Sarge's frequency.
"We're on our way, sergeant... best possible speed." he said, letting Dutch take is customary spot before the group takes off toward the reactor room.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 April 2006, 05:56 PM
No sooner did he meet up with his brothers, the comm came alive, with Aricoza's orders...


"C'mon then, we'd better get there ASAP, brothers- we're probably boned if we don't get there soon."
"We're gonna need to make our shots count or we'll be boning ourselves, doing the seppies work for them!" Chiiko fell into step behind his brothers as they headed towards the reactor...

There were worse things being aboard a space station, such as being on a space station with seppie invaders making a move for the station's reactor...

Vanger Chevane
25 April 2006, 06:41 PM
"In space, all warriors are cold warriors." - Chang

Seeing his charge already in someone's care, Fengis executes a time-honored knee-slide from a dead run to get as close to the downed man as quickly as possible & begins checking his wounds.


"Hey Fengis, good to have you here. I think I got Gig's wound stabilized, but why don't you take a look?" "Will do, good work here of your own."

OOC: Treat Injury 16+19=35 :D


"Hey, does Gig have a Deece I can use?" Distractedly, "Still strapped to him. You sure it's the gun, not the attachment that's FUBAR?"



"Aricoza to Kappa squad. Dutch, Chiiko, Brand, Stiev, get to my [expletive deleted] position ASAP! Aricoza to Command, the Yinchorri are concentrated around the power reactor. Repeat, the enemy may soon have control of the reactor!" "Kappa One, no can do. Man down, need one or both standing here to watch my back. Repeat, Kappa One replies Negative."

To Dart & Papi while he swiftly but surely works on Gig, "Volunteers?"

johnnyputrid
25 April 2006, 07:05 PM
Coming to a stop, Dutch catches his breath as he runs into Chiiko and Brand, both of whom seem no worse for the wear.

"Hey, don't I know you guys? There's something familiar about you two."

Not pausing long enough to see if his brothers got the joke, he quickly does a check of Stiev's gear, followed by a quick pat-down of himself. Nothing would be worse than to square off against the bad guys and realize you forgot your blaster. Giving Stiev an affirmative slap on the back, he felt satisfied that both of them still had enough lethal goodies to take out a platoon of cyborg lizards. While the others prepared to move, Dutch busied himself with readjusting his helmet's HUD when his old training sergeant piped in, requesting their immediate presence.

"Hey boss, 87 here. Can I get a 'pretty please' with that movement request?"

Grinning broadly under his helmet and anticpating a butt-chewing as only Aricoza could give, Dutch moved off at a brisk clip, scanning and trying not to lose his focus.

Ronin
25 April 2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
[B "Kappa One, no can do. Man down, need one or both standing here to watch my back. Repeat, Kappa One replies Negative."
[/B]

"Aricoza to Kappa One. Understood. Dutch, Chiiko and the rest are enroute to my postion. That oughta do it."
"Sigma One. Papi, I want you and your boys to take the reactor from the north, me and the rest of Kappa will come up from the south."
"Dutch. You can have as [expletive deleted] many [expletive deleted] pretty pleases as you [expletive deleted] like if we stop this station going up. Now haul ass!"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 April 2006, 09:01 PM
"Hey, don't I know you guys? There's something familiar about you two."

"Funny, I could say the same", Chiiko responds in good humor

CaamasiJedi49
26 April 2006, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Ronin


"Aricoza to Kappa One. Understood. Dutch, Chiiko and the rest are enroute to my postion. That oughta do it."
"Sigma One. Papi, I want you and your boys to take the reactor from the north, me and the rest of Kappa will come up from the south."
"Dutch. You can have as [expletive deleted] many [expletive deleted] pretty pleases as you [expletive deleted] like if we stop this station going up. Now haul ass!"

"Roger Aricoza. Once Everything is clear with Gig we will move out to the reactor."

PsychoInfiltrator
27 April 2006, 04:19 PM
"War and peace? A summary of both for Tuesday?" -unnamed University student, evidently unfamilair with Tolstoy.


"Still strapped to him. You sure it's the gun, not the attachment that's FUBAR?"


"I haven't USED any attachments. Just blaster bolts and grenades."

Dart gets up, borrows Gig's Deece, and readies a Multifire burst for any Yinchorri coming around that corner.


"Dutch. You can have as [expletive deleted] many [expletive deleted] pretty pleases as you [expletive deleted] like if we stop this station going up. Now haul ass!"

"There he goes, repeating himself again...

coldskier0320
30 April 2006, 07:58 PM
Eyeing the field hospital, Deuce wishes he were the only one among his brothers whose armor was covered in blood. After all, his was spattered with Yinchorri blood.

Hearing the call for Sigma aid from the north, the ex-Theta One slaps in a fresh power pack, racks his bolt, then twists his head awkwardly, popping his neck several times as he stretches almost lazily.

"Shall we?", he inquires dryly as the group heads off for the reactor.

"You know", he begins a little ways there, "It just about figures we're in an osik'la fishtank out here, when I'm not allowed to light up. In my experience cryo-charges really did the trick anytime Trandoshans were involved...and these guys look every bit the dinosaur that those lizards are."

Ronin
30 April 2006, 08:26 PM
ORD MINATO, COMMAND DECK
Captain Icthus watched as the salvo of missiles streaked toward his station. Son of Republic Judicial parents, with the outbreak of the Clone Wars he thought he could continue the family tradition of serving the Republic. When he'd been posted as commanding a supply depot orbiting a gas giant in the ass-end of space parsecs behind the front lines he'd been furious.
His superiors explained that with the front line mortality rate as high as it was, he'd get his trigger-time soon enough. Icthus was sure this wasn't what his superiors had mean't, but nevertheless, the war had come to him.

Fighters chased each other like dragonflies in mating season but captain Icthus' attention was fixed on the incoming missiles. The station's anti-starfighter batteries diverted fire to try and swat the warheads but to no avail.
The missiles struck the arm joining the main station to one of the two docking pods. The whole station shook again, more violently than ever, as explosions blossomed the arm began to buckle, the huge docking pod capable of servicing three Acclamators, bristling with weapons turrets, shifted in space.
"Sir. Emergency blast doors are sealing at both ends of the arm. But we’re losing the pod."
Icthus watched through the transparisteel in horror as the arm buckled and broke away from the main station. Shudders ran through the whole station.
"What is the condition of reactor 2?" Icthus asked in the calmest voice he could muster.
"It was green just before we lost contact, sir."
"Reestablish comms ASAP. I don't care if it's with flashlights. If reactor 2 begins to lose containment, signal all personnel in the severed sections to the escape pods."


The Chandrilla hurriedly rolled to port, bringing it's broadside to bear on the alien cruisers at point blank range. The turbolasers punched through the cruisers shields, through its hull and decks, detonating it's engines.
The explosion and resulting debris took out several of the Acclamator's port batteries and breached two decks. A dozen uniformed bodies were sucked into the void before emergency shielding came online.

The two remaining Yinchorri cruisers banked to each side of the explosion, raking the Chandrilla's exposed belly with their cannons.


Panic took the crew of the Republica as the pair of cruisers, newly appeared on the Acclamator's six, proceeded to strip their ship's shields with devastating torpedo bombardments.
Eight starfighters which nestled against the hull of the alien cruisers then launched as the Republica's shields buckled.


ABOARD ORD MINATO

The Yinchorri knelt in the engineering doorway fired a blast from his cannon as Papi peeked round the corner, but his aim was yet again off and it blew a hole in the door behind the commando.
“I take it they’re not waving a white flag and offering surrender then?” comments God, putting his grenade attachment away again.


Aricoza crouched lower in a doorway as the station shook under him. He knew there were at least four hostiles ahead: even too many for this old soldier.
Just then the four identically dressed commandoes of Kappa squad arrived. To anyone else they would be that: identical. Indistinguishable from one another aside from their weapons.
But not to sergeant Aricoza. He'd trained Dutch since the boy had been able to walk, heck, he was practically the boy's, no: the man's father. The commando was a mirror image of the old soldier; same low crouched combat stance, pistol in the right hand, combat knife in a reversed grip in the left hand.
Chiiko stood next to him, his underslung rotary blaster carbine in immaculate condition, forefinger poised ready over the weapon's two-stage trigger.
Stiev stood behind Dutch, DeeCee at the ready, and a SoroSuub Duo; a souvenir of a trip to Tatooine, dangled by it's sling close to hand.
Brand was at Chiiko's back. Like Stiev his rifle was ready and a secondary 'long' prepared: this time a DEMP rifle. Brand had a habit of opening and closing his fists as if his gloves itched his scarred hands. Heck, the man was barely ten years old and he nearly had as many scars as Aricoza himself.
Nearly.
"I'm so delighted you ladies deigned to join me at such short notice," Aricoza starts before reverting to his parade-ground bark "Wez got three to four [expletive deleted] lizards in that room," he says, indicating a heavily carbon-scored door down the corridor.
"I knows that coz the [expletive deleted]s damned near took my [expletive deleted] head off."
"Now, yer sarge is busy patching up a Sigma boy who broke a finger nail, and the other Sigmas are hitting the Yinchorri from the north side of the reactor. Which leaves us to take the [expletive deleted]s from the south before they do anything crazy...like detonating the reactor."

Ronin
30 April 2006, 08:29 PM
Condition of Ord Minato

CaamasiJedi49
1 May 2006, 07:56 AM
Noticing three blaster weilding Yinchorri, Papi is about to motion Dart to get ready to sneak attack when two of the Yinchorri pull back and the guard fires on him. Looking at his HUD map, Papi realized they are heading into the Engineering Room. Naroowly avoiding the blast, Papi said, "Dart, God, you guys are to come out with me and attack this guard firing on us. After we get a first shot out, Dart and I will charge forward on the left and right side of the wall, respectively, while you give us cover fire from the rear. Then we are going to charge into the Engi room because whatever the Yinchorri are doing, it isn't good. Clear?"

Ronin
1 May 2006, 08:12 AM
"Roger, sarge," says God, readying his DeeCee; ""The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked."
Sigma squad's sniper then takes up position by the corner, behind Papi, ready to step out firing.

PsychoInfiltrator
1 May 2006, 01:58 PM
Papi said, "Dart, God, you guys are to come out with me and attack this guard firing on us. After we get a first shot out, Dart and I will charge forward on the left and right side of the wall, respectively, while you give us cover fire from the rear. Then we are going to charge into the Engi room because whatever the Yinchorri are doing, it isn't good. Clear?"

"I say we have control vent the air the room with Aricoza's baddies into the engineering room, and have them change the gravity field in Engineering so that the Yinchiees get either slammed into the door or blown into the (same as now grav) hallway where we can pick 'em apart. 10-20gs oughtta do it. ... I'm a pilot, and they skimped on tactics training in ground combat, but would that be feasible?"

Dart dobule checks Gig's DC, then gets into position.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 May 2006, 09:25 PM
"I'm so delighted you ladies deigned to join me at such short notice," Aricoza starts before reverting to his parade-ground bark "Wez got three to four [expletive deleted] lizards in that room," he says, indicating a heavily carbon-scored door down the corridor.
"I knows that coz the [expletive deleted]s damned near took my [expletive deleted] head off."
"Now, yer sarge is busy patching up a Sigma boy who broke a finger nail, and the other Sigmas are hitting the Yinchorri from the north side of the reactor. Which leaves us to take the [expletive deleted]s from the south before they do anything crazy...like detonating the reactor."

"I'm up for roasting some thoroughly tenderized Yinchorri, what about the rest of you?" Chiiko asks his brothers soon as Aricoza finishes, tapping the trigger of his underslung, letting it spin up for a half second for emphasis.

Rostek
4 May 2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven


"I'm up for roasting some thoroughly tenderized Yinchorri, what about the rest of you?" Chiiko asks his brothers soon as Aricoza finishes, tapping the trigger of his underslung, letting it spin up for a half second for emphasis.

"Quite so!" Stiev responded with a smile.
"I believe our best recourse is to pop some stunners in there and finish them off precisely, given our... er, proximity to the reactor- frags plus reactor equals sad, no?" he continued, waiting for any further response.

darth_phobeius
4 May 2006, 09:49 PM
[As Dart grabs Gig's weapon Gig becomes conscience under the concealment of his helmet. Gig pulls his sidearm.]
"I'm down brother but not out of this yet. I expect that back when your done with it. I'll cover as much as I can from this position. In need of a new leg. You know what I mean mate? Stay frosty."

CaamasiJedi49
5 May 2006, 06:34 AM
"Alright boys, lets do this!," said Papi as he charged out and began firing on the Yinchorri guard.

johnnyputrid
6 May 2006, 08:48 PM
Clicking his chin mike, Dutch calls out to his brothers.

"Let's head down the corridor here and get ready to clean out the reactor room. If anyone needs an extra stunner, I've got a few left. I'll take the left side of the door, toss a C-10 and stay left. Unless anyone's got a better plan, I say we hit 'em hard and fast, then get the kark out of this place and grab a drink somewhere."

Opening his thigh pouch, Dutch extracts a C-10, leaving the pouch open in case one of his brothers needs to grab one on the fly. Gripping his pistol and blade with one hand, he readies the grenade and slowly makes his way down the corridor.

While moving he clicks his chin mike to open a channel to his old training sergeant.

"Hey boss, if this works out, I'm buying you a cold one this time."

PsychoInfiltrator
7 May 2006, 12:21 PM
"I'm down brother but not out of this yet. I expect that back when your done with it. I'll cover as much as I can from this position. In need of a new leg. You know what I mean mate? Stay frosty."

"Here, take this one for the moment." (Hands Gig his Deece.) "Shouldn't take much more to fix it, but I don't have that kind of time. This one should be interesting."

Rostek
7 May 2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
Clicking his chin mike, Dutch calls out to his brothers.

"Let's head down the corridor here and get ready to clean out the reactor room. If anyone needs an extra stunner, I've got a few left. I'll take the left side of the door, toss a C-10 and stay left. Unless anyone's got a better plan, I say we hit 'em hard and fast, then get the kark out of this place and grab a drink somewhere."


Rapidly exchanging the DeeCee for his Duo, Stiev nods- "I'm in accord with that plan; standard stack entry then, is it?" he said, making sure the gun was ready before charging it and gripping it in both hands.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 May 2006, 02:38 PM
"Its fine by me." Chiiko replies, getting into position behind Stiev. "I suppose this will come in handy" He reached back pulling out a stun grenade with his left hand.

Adding to Dutch's invitation about grenades, "Likewise, I got more than I need and I rarely use them. Help yourselves to'em ner-vods"

darth_phobeius
7 May 2006, 08:28 PM
[Gig will set the DC-15 next to his leg and check out the Deecee to see if he can make repairs to it.]

(OOC: Repair +18 + Tool Kit + Kit Bashing Feat)

coldskier0320
9 May 2006, 07:00 PM
"Ready to rock and roll, Papi", Deuce comments over the comm, his usual shortness finally beginning to melt away in the heat of combat, "I'll toss a stunner then just spray down the area with fire to keep their heads down, firing over you guys...so keep your heads down if the stuffing inside is worth anything!"

[OOC: Prep a stunner, then use covering fire on the 4x4 square of hall where the baddies are.]

Ronin
11 May 2006, 07:43 AM
"It follows than as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington, 15 November 1781, to Marquis de Lafayette.

BRIDGE, REPUBLICA
Captain Ataiu swore as his ship was ravaged by the Yinchorri. Sparks errupted from a console to his left and the crewman was thrown from his chair, his face horribly scarred.
What could he do? He couldn't bring the Republica about before the Yinchorri destroyed it. He could recall his Torrents, but that would leave Ord Minato and the Chandrilla vulnerable. He made the only choice he could.
"Sound the evacuation. All hands abandon ship," he ordered in the calmest voice he could muster. He looked to his XO; "with me."
The two officers headed to the aft of the bridge as everyone else sprinted in as orderly fashion as they could toward the escape pods. As the two reached a pannel they drew their command code cylinders and slotted them into the pannel, unlocking it.

ACCLAMATOR-CLASS ASSAULT CRUISER REPUBLICA SELF DESTRUCT SYSTEM.
Please input Captain's Code.
Ataiu typed in his code and verified it with his retinal scan.

Captain's Code confirmed: captain Jarex Ataiu

Please input Executive Officer's Code
The man by Ataiu paused.
"Dammit Renji, we don't have any other choice. At least we'll take those bastards at our back with us!"
His XO nodded reluctantly.

Executive Officer's Code confirmed. Self Destruct Sequence Innitiated. You have thirty seconds to reach safe distance.
Renji collapsed to his knees, his head in his hands while Ataiu marched to the front of the bridge as his ship shook beneath him. He watched as escape pods rocketed away from the ship. He winced as a couple were picked off by Yinchorri starfighters. Bastards.

IN SPACE
The Chandrilla continued to pour it's port broadside into the Yinchorri cruisers, desperate to take them down, while the alien cruisers concentrated their fire on the now drifting, detached segment of the starport. If they managed to send it's reactor critical...

Suddenly Yinchorri starfighters began hurling themselves at the Chandrilla's port side, trying to take out it's batteries. Fighter after fighter blossomed into fireballs and clouds of debris against the Republic warship's armour, breaching it and devastating the outer sections. The aliens were becoming desperate.

ORD MINATO, COMMAND DECK
Captain Icthus felt relief as she saw dozens of Yinchorri starfighters break off their straffing runs on his station, but his relief turned to dismay as they began ramming the Chandrilla. He then noticed that the other remaining Yinchorri fighters were repositioning themselves...
"A..all batteries, take out those fighters! Immediately! They're going to ram us!"

SIGMA SQUAD
As Papi and Dart lead the charge, with God and Deuce covering them, they find the blaster-cannon wielding Yinchorri crouched this side of the sealed engineering door...

Under the hail of combined precision fire from the four Sigma squad commandoes the Yinchorri warrior goes down. A few violent, bloody seconds and it's over, just the hiss of cooling blaster barrels remains...and the squad find themselves on one side of the engineering door...and the remaining hostiles presumably on the other...

FENGIS AND GIG
Kappa squad's sergeant and medic continues to work diligently on Sigma's slicer as the rest of their brothers take the fight to the enemy. With the plates of Gig's thigh armour neatly stacked next to him and his bodysuit peeled back, Fengis continues trying to repair...nay, hold together, his brother's ravaged thigh. He'd got the severed femoral artery clamped, and bacta patches slapped onto the raw, burned muscle mass...putting aside any doubts, he moved on to treat the other blaster wounds. The leg would need surgery, but the rest Fengis knew he could treat here and now.
(OOC: Gig gets 19VP back thanks to Fengis' considerable skill. He's now at 67VP(full) and 1WP. Further healing requires time and surgery.)

KAPPA SQUAD
As they had trained countless times, and done countless more times on active missions, the four commandoes: Chiiko, Dutch, Stiev and Brand stacked outside the engineering room door. Chiiko on the right of the door, Dutch on the left. Both drew stunners as Aricoza darted past, securing the corridor corner ahead of them.
"Clear," the old soldier barked quietly to them, "do it!"
The door slid to one side smoothly and in went the two grenades, the commandoes' hands immediately returning to their weapons.
There were two blinding flashes.
BOOM
BOOM
then there were in.
Dutch took the far left, Stiev next to him, Brand in the middle and Chiiko in last on the right, mentally dividing up the room into their own personal killzones. Calm, precise. Lethal.

Republica Self Destruct Countdown: 00:00:24

Rostek
11 May 2006, 12:25 PM
Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"- att. to George S. Patton.

Stiev zeroes in on his assigned target- and unleashes three quick shots into the individual with his back turned to the rest of the group on his Duo's double-shot setting.
Stop the guy at the console, he's probably trying to blow the reactor he things as he squeezes the trigger on the carbine. The powerful shots make the sawed off gun buck, but Stiev's firm grip on the forward hand grip keeps it more or less stable.

[OOC: 2 regular attacks from BAB plus one for Rapid shot please...]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 May 2006, 03:04 PM
I feel the fire flare alight inside me
Higher so I can see
N' aspire to survive this fight in spite of
Liars and travesty
Oh fire
- Poets of the Fall, Fire

As the stunner left his hand, then went flash-bang. Chiiko moved on que as planned, priming the underslung. Here came the tricky part - there was only one target in his designated zone. Just how precisely long would he need to squeeze the trigger for the absolute minimum shots necesary? He knew the rpm count of his underslung, but these Yinchorri were new to him. Only one way to find out... So Chiiko squeezed the trigger fully but lightly for a short burst. Assuming short bursts were possible with an underslung.

[OOC: Yinchorri #9... multi-fire only for slightly better accuracy and let Brand have at him also.]

Edit: added a bit of suitable lyrics for an opening ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
11 May 2006, 05:09 PM
Dart watched the Yinchorri fall.

"NEXT!"

"Let's do this with flash-bangs."
...
"Oh, wait, the door's probably locked. Anybody got shaped charges, or a better idea? And would somebody mind following the Papster and myself into the next one?"

Dart paused, momentarily recovering, just now noticing his chestplate. It was charred, battered, pitted, and barley held on to his shoulders, but it was better than nothing. But on the other hand, if this place went vaccuum, Dart would not enjoy the experience. (For once.)

johnnyputrid
11 May 2006, 06:18 PM
Crouching by the left side of the door, Dutch nods towards Chiiko, then both clones toss their stunners into the room. Quickly switching his vibroblade back to his left hand, he grips both of his weapons together and smoothly rises to move into the now-open door. The two stun grenade blasts occur nearly simoultaneously, and the commandos waste no time reacting. Moving at a steady pace, Dutch brings his 44 up and scans the room, spotting three enemies. Manuevering to the left, he brings his sights up on the left most target, taking note that his brothers have sighted theirs.

Remembering to breathe, he fires off a double-tap from his pistol at the big lizard, aiming dead center in the creature's chest.


(OOC: Attacking Yinchorri #7 with both allowable attacks. If hostile survives and moves to threaten, Dutch will go for a grapple.)

CaamasiJedi49
11 May 2006, 08:22 PM
Crouching and charging forward, Papi unloaded a shot into the Yinchorri. It was a good clean shot, but not a deadly one. Dart also got a good shot off, but the Yinchorri just refused to go down. Deuce unloaded and still failed to take down the Yinchorri. Will he ever go down. And then God unloaded and got a clear shot on the head. The body fell with a thud to the ground. "Good shot God. Remind me I owe you one when this mission is done."

Ronin
12 May 2006, 07:11 AM
Breathing slowly, God could hear the steady beat of his heart: a death knell for his foe. He never saw his squad mates' fire hitting the Yinchorri. It was just him, his rifle's sights, and the spot of flesh between the Yinchorri's eyes. All three were lined up perfectly.
His pad of his finger rested on the trigger.
Once.
Twice.
Thrice he squeezed it. Gently, never snatching it.

God lowered his rifle a fraction as the carcass of the Yinchorri commando slid to the ground.
“I will deal with them according to their conduct, and by their own standards I will judge them," he muttered to himself. He then blinked, seemingly coming out of a trance.
"Sarge, how're we handling that door? I don't think they'll open for Kooroo's Witnesses."

CaamasiJedi49
12 May 2006, 01:07 PM
"Roger God, thanks for reminding me. Gig, mind taking a look at the door here. Dart, God, and Duece, you guys join me in covering Gig. Roger?"

PsychoInfiltrator
12 May 2006, 03:57 PM
"Roger God, thanks for reminding me. Gig, mind taking a look at the door here. Dart, God, and Duece, you guys join me in covering Gig. Roger?"

"Well, Dart actually, but I'll cover him anyway." Dart attempts to insert humour into the deadly situation.

"Gig, give me a coupel seconds notice, if ya can, means I'll be able to put a flash-bang in somebody's face."

Dart pulls out a flash-bang, and holds it in his left hand. He pulls back abit, back to the wall, his Deece pointed to take out anyone on the left half of the locked room. He sets his gun to Multifire.

Ronin
15 May 2006, 03:21 AM
BRIEFING ROOM, REPUBLIC ACCLAMATOR-CLASS ASSAULT-SHIP Righteous
You Betas have been aboard the Righteous for a few weeks now, accompanying the towering Jedi Master and General Rihaku, and his battalion: The Fearless 13th. Up and down the frontlines of the Clone Wars you've faced the enemy in space and on the ground.
Rihaku is a hero to his men; leading from the front yet always aware of every facet of the battle. His men in the 13th follow him like a god.

"Gentlemen," the towering, white bearded Jedi master begins in his warm yet deep voice, as deep as the darkest of the Maw's blackholes, capable of reaching the ears of every man on a battlefield and coaxing more fight from him.
"Gentlemen. We are currently enroute away from the frontlines at the ship's top speed."
As attuned to starships as you are, each of you knew this already. Heck, you could tell the General that captain Pellaeon was pushing the ship beyond the hyperdrive's rated top speed.
"The Republic starport at Ord Minato has come under attack by Yinchorri forces. We are answering their SOS and expect to arrive in minutes. The station is under heavy fire from both enemy cruisers and starfighters. There are also Yinchorri commandoes aboard the station. Your brothers in the 22nd Commando regiment are dealing with them."
"The Chandrilla, Relentless and Republica were docked at
Ord Minato and immediately engaged the enemy, along with their compliments of V-19 Torrents: Knight squadron, the Wildcards, and Comet squadron respectively."
"The Relentless is gone: taken out by a suicide ram. The Republica is attempting to take Yinchorri reinforcements with her. The Chandrilla is fighting off suicide runs. The station itself has suffered heavy structural damage: one of it's two docking pods has broken way from the main facility."
"There are three remaining Yinchorri cruisers: one engaging the Chandrilla and the station, and two attacking the Republica. The exact number of Yinchorri fighter craft is unknown but it is believed to be 48 at most."
"You Betas are the only fighter pilots we have aboard. My pilots from the 13th are prepping their Larties and shuttles for evacuating the station or the Chandrilla if necessary, and recovering escape pods. Which means we need you to stop these suicide runs. You have to break the Yinchorri offensive. They're getting desperate. Hit 'em hard."
"All available data on the Yinchorri vessels has been uploaded to your HUDs."
"Questions?"

Uron Teff
15 May 2006, 06:04 AM
After hearing General Rihaku words &beta;&xi;-203 tapped his fingers on his breast plate. Only three capital ships and loads of smaller fighters. Lets see. While his eyes scaned the HUD his mind worked upon a tactical procedure to resolve the threat on the Chandrilla and primarily the threat on the Republica.
Yijichi Light Cruiser... main front armament. Various other vulnerable points. Yithnai fighter... no shields, quick and many. The loss of at least one capital ship would strike the Yinchorri forces hard.
With his face hidden behind his helmet his eyes fixed General Rihaku infront of him.

[Hatch] General, would the destruction or the invalidation of one of the Yijichi Light Cruiser ease the thread of the Yinchorri forces? Should we concentrate fire on one Light Cruiser and its attendant Yithnai fighter?

Mack Jace
15 May 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff

[Hatch] General, would the destruction or the invalidation of one of the Yijichi Light Cruiser ease the thread of the Yinchorri forces? Should we concentrate fire on one Light Cruiser and its attendant Yithnai fighter?


Spooner studies the HUD message he sees in front of his face with great intensity. We have to make sure we do this right, there is no failure option here. It seems that Hatch's plan would work, if we were guaranteed that the other fighters would fall apart with the destruction of theeir command ships. After thinking long and hard on it, Spooner says, "Personally General, unless we have a guarantee that those fighters will fall apart without the cruisers, I would say to focus on the direct problem at hand, those suicide fighters." Spooner continues studying the data, looking for a way to exploit any weaknesses.

Lucas Carr
15 May 2006, 09:51 PM
As one of the ships had been destroyed by a suicide run, &Beta;&Gamma; - 022 agreed that this was what they had to stop. The Chandrilla needed to be protected as the Republica might be gone any moment.

And though Hatch's question was valid, in his desire to do his best and his duty, Zero was sure the general had already thought of that. And Spooner seemed to agree with that.

"General," Zero said. "If there later is a need for one of us to do something different, I volunteer."

Vanger Chevane
20 May 2006, 11:01 PM
The power of example is very important to people under stress." - General Sir John Hackett, British Army


Kappa squad's sergeant and medic continues to work diligently on Sigma's slicer as the rest of their brothers take the fight to the enemy. With the plates of Gig's thigh armour neatly stacked next to him and his bodysuit peeled back, Fengis continues trying to repair...nay, hold together, his brother's ravaged thigh. He'd got the severed femoral artery clamped, and bacta patches slapped onto the raw, burned muscle mass...putting aside any doubts, he moved on to treat the other blaster wounds. The leg would need surgery, but the rest Fengis knew he could treat here and now.
Using the Flesh Stapler, gauze, and cloth tape Fengis does his best to seal the wound and roll the leg of the bodysuit back over it to try and hold the whole mess in place.

With Papi & Dart out fending off the Seppie Tide trying to kill them all, he scans the room quickly for anything of use to evac Gig.

Quickly rounding up a pair of wheeled office-type chairs, he digs a roll of the ubiquitous Engine Tape from his pack and accompanied by the "zeeeeek" of the tape pulling off the roll connects them seat-to-seat into a makeshift wheelchair/gurney.

Putting Gig's hand over the lumpy bandagine on his leg, "Hang on, and hold that in place, gotta get you to the Doctors before you lose the ability to kick Seppie Butt."


Carefully lifting the now conscious Gig into the contraption & steering him towards the nearest hatch outside the Zone and reasonably away from Unfriedlies "Control, Kappa One. Need Medevac ASAP, Will be bringing a Commando requiring immediate surgery to the Security Cordon."

Ronin
22 May 2006, 02:37 AM
Aboard the Righteous
General Rihaku nods and listens to your suggestions and questions. A good leader, he knows that this is your territory: the cold void.
Finally he nods; "With the Republica set to detonate it would be foolhardy to rush to the aid of a doomed ship. The captain knows what he's doing. It's his sacrifice to make and we had best not interfere."
"The Righteous should be able to support the Chandrilla in taking out the last two Yinchorri cruisers threatening the station."
"That leaves you boys to take out their fighters, with priority given to those attempting suicide runs on the station."
"If that's all...?" Rihaku looks to the other two member of the starfighter unit: their leader Geek and Blade but both seemed contented for their brothers to do the talking, "Then goodluck men, to your ships. And may the Force be with you."

(OOC: next turn you'll decant and launch)

In Space
Hyphens of red light tore into the enemy fighter seconds before it hit the Republic starbase. The fireball threw out debris in all directions, much of it hitting the station but thankfully not breaching it's armour.
The detached docking pod continued to list through space, slowly rotating, though it's batteries maintained firing on the alien agressors.

With over half it's port batteries gone, the Chandrilla was losing it's capability to engage the Yinchorri fighters and the remaining cruisers. She slowly began to come about: to bring her starboard-fore batteries and missile tubes to bear, though the manoeuver left her vulnerable.
The two Yinchorri cruisers continued to pummel the Acclamator throughout the maneuver, with their fighters straffing both the assault cruiser and the starport itself.

Republica Self Destruct Countdown: 00:00:18
Captain Ataiu continued to watch the battle as his cruiser vented coolant and the reactor crept toward critical. Only now he saw how the enemy had played him; how they had drawn him off from the real goal: Ord Minato. How could he not have seen it?
Captain Ninor clearly had: he had returned to the defence of the station as soon as the raiders had departed. But even he was dead now. Huge chunks of the Relentless drifted through space just a little sunward of the Chandrilla. She too was under heavy fire from the Yinchorri.
With half an ear Ataiu heard his XO mention that the Righteous was inbound. It was all Ataiu could do now: sacrifice his ship, take as many enemy as he could, and hope that the historians wrote his part in the battle favourably.


Aboard Ord Minato
Sigmas
"One breaching charge coming up. Looks like Gig's being wheeled outta here," Deuce said as he worked the alien explosive in his hands. He was glad the Katarn armour's body suit was nonabsorbant: handling plastic explosives barehanded was never a good idea. Particularly ones that you weren't familiar with. Which also brought up the question of how much would be needed to breach the door.
Fraggit. P for Plenty he thought as he slapped the now-rolled out charge around the door frame.
"Cover," he said, taking a couple of steps to the side of the door. "Firing in three...two...one!"
(OOC: Charge blows next turn)
God retreated slightly to the cannon-blasted doorway, taking what cover he could, his rifle up and ready but his eyes slightly off to one side. The visor of his Katarn armour should protect his eyes from the blast, but still; it wasn't worth taking chances.

Gig and Fengis
"Control to Kappa One. Understood. We are opening the nearest entryway to you. Clone troopers and a medivac unit will be standing by."
Gig chuckles as Fengis wheels him along and he holds his leg together. "Hey sarge, no inflight meal? Movie?"

Kappas
"Aricoza to Kappa and Sigma. Corridor and rooms east of the reactor clear. Kappas: moving to your position."

In the engineering room on the south-side of the reactor; the silence that had followed the ear-splitting stun grenades was broken again by the crack of blaster bolts.
Brand fired off a triplet at the rightmost Yinchorri. His first shot hit the enemy commando hard in the chest, denting it's implanted armour. A harsh click from his DeeCee sent another aspect of KR-148's training into motion.
"Stoppage. Stoppage. Stoppage," he called out, immediately dropping the rifle in it's sling and going for his sidearm.

The Yinchorri to each side reacted immediately, even as the Republic warrior's shots impacted their bodies. The leftmost(#7); a hulking brute with wires and cables coming out of his arm muscles and feeding into his chest, hefted it's rifle and charged at Dutch intending to skewer the Republic Commando on the forcepike-like bayonnet.
Attempting to parry it with his combat knife, Dutch got a measure of the beast's strength as the enemy's blade slid across his bodysuit, giving him a long but shallow cut (4VP damage).
The Yinchorri engaged by Brand and Chiiko (#9) levelled it's rifle at Brand and fired a quick double-tap into his chest (11VPs) knocking the wind from him as he reached for his DC-15s.
The Yinchorri in the middle struggled under the effects of the stun grenade...then Brand hit him...

Rostek
23 May 2006, 11:50 AM
Stiev smiled as he saw his target recieve solid hits from the Duo... but was shocked to see he didn't go down.
These fellows must be 'borged out really well. We had better hurry! the clone thought, his mind running scenarios as Dutch was jumped next to him. Stiev was focused on his objective of removing the greater threat at the terminal, however, and repeated the bursts of Duo fire at that target.

(OOC: Rinse and repeat- hope for a crit so I can help Dutch out...)

johnnyputrid
23 May 2006, 05:03 PM
Taking a scrape across his armor from the lizard's bayonet, Dutch feels compelled to give the beastie a few licks of his own. Grabbing the rifle as it slashes his chestplate, he locks his Merr-Sonn's trigger guard against the weapon's barrel, pushing it down towards the ground. With his vibroblade hand, he aims a plam strike at the lizard's elbow joint, hoping to pop the limb out of place, or at the very least make him think twice about going for a second stab.

Noticing the beastie's massive muscles and borg-enhanced bulges, he didn't think he was physically strong enough to pry the weapon away, but he knew that his technique might be able to turn the situation to his advantage. Remembering everything the Sergeant Aricoza had taught him about hand-to-hand-combat, Dutch felt confident that he could trounce the lizard.


(OOC: Move action to grab the rifle, followed by an attack action to make an unarmed strike. If the nasty doesn't have Martial Arts and provokes an AoO, Dutch will follow up the unarmed strike with a vibrodagger attack on the same arm, hoping to make the lizard drop his weapon.

I was thinking about a grapple or an Improved Disarm attempt, but I think the odds are just not in Dutch's favor right now. Can't wait until 10th level to pick up Improved Grapple!)

CaamasiJedi49
23 May 2006, 08:52 PM
Roger Deuce, lets hit it!"Closing his eyes, Papi counted down in his head in conjunction with Deuce's counting. Three....two....one....BAM. Opening his eyes, Papi swallowed whatever doubt he had and began to charge through the blown doors to secure the new "door".