PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Regiment: Always Outnumbered. Never Outgunned (OOC)

Pages : [1] 2

Ronin
4 January 2006, 03:23 AM
Welcome gentlemen.

Firstly, stealing an idea from Boccelounge;), I'll use this first post for keeping vital information so it's easy to find.

And to begin:
You're all in your armour already, with your helmets on racks by your cryotubes. Like in Hard Contact there's been some modifications to your armour and HUD (fluff).
Your weapons are also mounted on the wall...
For everyone:
1x belt kit and assault pack
1x DC-17m blaster rifle
1x DC-17m anti armour attachment
1x DC-17m sniper attachment
1x DC-17m grenade attachment
1x DC-15s combat pistol

Chiiko:
1x Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Carbine

Brand:
1x Merr-Sonn DEMP Ion Carbine

Stiev:
1x SoroSuub Duo
1x Thermal detonator

Fengis:
1x SoroSuub Duo
1x Medical backpack
1x Thermal detonator

God:
+3x DC-17m sniper attachment

Gig:
1x Scratch Slicepad

Deuce:
1x severed Devaronian horn

Dutch:
1x Merr-Sonn Model 44 blaster pistol
1x personal vibrodagger
1x SoroSuub Firelance

Note that it means a good few of you could carry your brand new DC-17m or the alternative armament...
or both :D

Squads:
Kappa:
Fengis (Sgt, ic)
Dutch (Cpl)
Chiiko (Cpl)
Stiev (Cpl)
Brand (Cpl)

Sigma:
Papi (Sgt, ic)
Deuce (Sgt?, 2ic)
God (Cpl)
Gig (Cpl)
Dart (Pilot..."Cpl" seems a bit strange)

EDIT: Attachment removed and relocated to new OOC2 thread.

darth_phobeius
4 January 2006, 04:16 AM
I'm comin' out swingin'!!!! Round one!!!
What are the stats for the EMP Grenades? Just so I keep them handi.

Ronin
4 January 2006, 04:22 AM
Hmmm...same as a frag (4d6+1) but no physical damage (i.e. it'll do 4d6+1 to a droid etc, but if you were stood in the blast you're okay. Your armour wouldn't be though :P ).

But you don't have any of those....
yet. ;)

darth_phobeius
4 January 2006, 04:42 AM
Well just take all the wind out of my sails why don'tcha.
Let me know when we get more toys though ;)
Frag will do just fine though till Gig learns how to design something better for dealing with Tincans

Ronin
4 January 2006, 04:54 AM
Don't worry soldier :clonetpr:...this is just the intro. :)

darth_phobeius
4 January 2006, 04:57 AM
I Sir. I will be standing by all Kitted up and Frosty

Rostek
4 January 2006, 08:13 AM
Locked and loaded and rarin for a fight (and praying my new gun doesn't jam as much as my old one...).

CaamasiJedi49
4 January 2006, 08:55 AM
Ready and willing sir!

CJ49

coldskier0320
4 January 2006, 08:58 AM
I see that Deuce clearly has the most useful of all the extra equipment. You sure you want to give him such a potentially unbalancing little goody, Ronin? :raised: :D

Hmm, I'm sure it'll prove useful somewhere...maybe the necessary material for some sort of magic spell? Witch's brew? Who knows? :P

PsychoInfiltrator
4 January 2006, 09:20 AM
AAGH! No flying!

In all honesty, thoguh, WHO CARES?

Dart's here! I'm giddy!

In more seriousness then before, I'm takign a couple liberties in my IC post-mainly that Dart doesn't know his new pals, and...one other small thing.

coldskier0320
4 January 2006, 01:07 PM
Ronin, hope that post was okay...if not, let me know. :) Also, as a heads up, through some miracle of madness, I have a clean schedule every thursday...so I'm gonna try to get both Tresk and Deuce levelled then. I DO have a few minor issues in that regard, though I'll send you a PM later on tonight, as I'm leaving soon. :)

Vanger Chevane
4 January 2006, 01:46 PM
Okay, I like the idea of DX the DC-15 for the -17M and pack the Duo as well. One jams, not crippled on firepower. Sides, going Jon Woo on the Weequays was fun :D
Problem is, how many grenades do we get for that attachment?

Since Stiev & Deuce are the Demo Guys, shouldn't they have a few toys, like some variety-pack of blasting, cutting, breaching, concussion, & thermal charges as well as all the associated detonators, lights, sensors, datapads, datacards, & tools? Y'know, a Blow Sith Up Kit. :P

I'm presuming since we have cross-classed from the basic Clone Template to our various specialties, that the TS Bonus Level at 6 means 6th level of TS, not 6th level character.

Will try to have Fengis remilled thru TPTCBN in the next few days.

Rostek
4 January 2006, 01:58 PM
Brand and Deuce actually, though I've got plenty of points in demo myself.
Personally, I'd like some more ammo for that AA attachment and more grenades (plus extra ammo packs for the Duo and DeeCee). All in good time, right Ronin ;)

Ronin
4 January 2006, 04:44 PM
You'll get more gear when we get into the full mission. This is just the non-specifici general gear that's stored with you 'incase of emergency'. Storing large quantities of explosives wouldn't be a good idea ;)
I'm off to work in a bit so I'll answer more questions tonight. :)

EDIT: as I said earlier, this is just the intro, you'll get more toys once we get into the full mission and you know what you'll be up against (to a degree) so you can choose the tools for the job.
This here's just a little warm up :)

I'll wait the stated week to see if Kanner and Johnny can post...so feel free to post more IC if you so wish.

Well...just one quick semi-update now to keep us ticking over, like ;)

Ronin
5 January 2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by darth_phobeius
[With a two finger salute without looking up from his slicepad that he is concentrating intently on.]

I take it that's the nice kind of two finger salute, as opposed to the English-archer-flicking-Vs-at-the-French kinda two finger salute ;) :D

Ronin
5 January 2006, 04:38 PM
Darth, I'll update with your sliced info tonight. :)

CaamasiJedi49
5 January 2006, 06:03 PM
Question, is their a hallway that leads directly to the area we need to get to. The map you gave us is a little ambiguise when it comes to things on teh inside.

CJ49

Ronin
6 January 2006, 05:05 AM
Yeah, I know ;) With the station being so damned big, I wasn't gonna map the whole interior. Once everyone's active we'll fast forward a bit to the edge of the sealed section, then get down to details.
And yes, there's a door leading from your cryo-quarters into the rest of the base...where everyone is at Battle Stations...crew running back and forth...some trooper patrols etc.

Ronin
6 January 2006, 05:35 AM
Darth, if you could describe it, and I'll work up a HUD display now. :)

darth_phobeius
6 January 2006, 05:43 AM
I took the easy way out. I will make sure to descibe things better in character in the future. Still trying to clear my brain after the frigid shower after the gym because the compound power went out.

coldskier0320
6 January 2006, 10:36 AM
OOC: My compy isn't good enough (software issues) to read the new HUD display.

No offense, Psych, but your comp must really suck. I opened the map in mspaint...

If you really can't open it...you have my pity. :(

PsychoInfiltrator
6 January 2006, 10:51 AM
No offense taken. It REALLY sucks. Pentium 1 with Win95. It gets worse. Not only is everything really old, most of the programs develop small errors that get bigger as the years pass. My Word97 is so finicky I can't even convert Wordpad files into it without about half an hour of work when I'm lucky and restarting the computer three times in a row if I'm not. And no, this is not an exaggeration.

This time the thing said that there was nothing present to read the fiels (When I clicked on the link, it opened another Explorer Window with the little missing picture icon in the top left corner, then the little error message popped up.) and had a link to the Microsoft ActiveX Controls thing. So I clicked, and I went there. I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world and I didn't feel like tryign to download the newest version (that my computer will realize exists) of the various pieces of software for merely a fifty-fifty chance that it would work.

Yah. The only thing my computer has that's any good is a rockin' Internet connection.

PS: If you the reader didn't understand all of what I just said, here's another measure of suckiness; my computer does not acknowledge the existence of CD-RWs. You put them in, you click on the Shortcut to CRRom disk shortcut, and it says to please insert a CD into the drive. Now beign as problem-with-my-computer savvy as I am, I naturally check the CD-Rom drive with Windows Explorer. Nothing there. I open the CD drive. There is a CD-RW. I shut it. My computer till says notihng there. I make sure its in properly. Still nothing.

PPS: I hope I haven't pissed anyone off with Dart's chattiness-I'm used to characters being mad at him, so I'm fine with that.

Rostek
6 January 2006, 11:15 AM
Other than his seeming preoccupation with Hailfires (no doubt a horror story there...), he seems to be perfectly normal, given the circumstances. ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
6 January 2006, 11:25 AM
Other than his seeming preoccupation with Hailfires (no doubt a horror story there...), he seems to be perfectly normal, given the circumstances.

Good for him. :)

And yes, there is a horror story.

Vanger Chevane
6 January 2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator

Good for him. :)

And yes, there is a horror story.
Deuce and the Kappas (sounds like a really bad band name) just lived through one... ;)

Ronin
6 January 2006, 02:43 PM
Oookay. I'm not particularly tech-savvy either. Anyone got any bright ideas how Psych can see this HUD...and the many others to come later in the game...???

PsychoInfiltrator
7 January 2006, 03:34 PM
As per rquest, I sent you my email, Ronin. It's just that one pic that doesn't work for me. It's the first one I've had trouble with in my time at the Holonet, and when I reread through Mission 1 (what was there at the time) in September I downloaded and looked through pretty much everything(along with a hundred plus othe people-the downloaded times numbers are huge for the first few pages, at least.), so I don't know what happened. Or whether it wil happen again. :(

Ronin
7 January 2006, 07:15 PM
I think the problem pic was a bitmap, I'll make sure all are jpeg when I put them in the thread in future. :)

Ronin
7 January 2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry gents, I'm sure we could be moving along at a fair clip, but I'm holding off on the main update because I really wanted/hoped for Kanner and Johnny to post.
I'll update (with Dutch and Brand NPC'd if necessary) tomorrow evening/night.

darth_phobeius
7 January 2006, 11:25 PM
I say give em a little to update. It is still right after the holidays and people are still just getting back to work and such.
It's always nice to have everyone on the same page.

PsychoInfiltrator
8 January 2006, 05:33 AM
An unidentified guy near the armoury. Hmmmm. That's kinda a bad thing.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 January 2006, 10:53 AM
i'll get an ic post in sometime today, before tonight's over i promise. was out all saturday at farm - for Ukranian Christmas, and installing a new hd in my system right now...

Ronin
8 January 2006, 04:55 PM
Happy (Ukranian) Christmas to you and yours, Terras:)

coldskier0320
8 January 2006, 07:34 PM
About the feat, Ronin, I've decided to go Soldier anyway, if that's okay, as I'd only be able to "lead" one individual, even after another level. Rather useless, if you ask me... :(

Ronin
8 January 2006, 07:41 PM
No problem. :)

Level 9 commandoes received:
Chiiko
Dutch
Gig
Stiev
Papi
Dart

Awaiting:
Fengis
Deuce
God
Brand

coldskier0320
8 January 2006, 08:29 PM
Here's my updated stats. Let me know if anything is amiss (it may well be, as my mind is a bit foggy at the moment), and I'll get it fixed poste haste.

Especially enjoy the +20 in Demolitions, which is also my Combat Veteran skill...gimme a minute, a full minute, any minute, and I'll give you (4d6+1)x4 damage nearly every time. :D That's an average of 60 points, not bad for a guy who's just as ugly as the rest of ya! :P

Rostek
8 January 2006, 08:46 PM
You're missing your languages and I think your Repair skill is one over the legal limit. By my count you have one (now two, b/c of Repair...) free skill points.
Oh, and your ability scores look a little whacked- we're using a 30 point buy IIRC, and I count 32 after discounting 4 points for Level Ups.
;)

Rostek
8 January 2006, 08:48 PM
Oops- my bad- I count 30 now. :D

Ronin
8 January 2006, 09:31 PM
Cold, could you check your skills etc?

Actually, I don't have Excel, so I don't have that character generator-thingy to check PCs (it's a pain in the ass doing it on paper)...or do you guys use TPTCNBN? Not that I have that either! :(

darth_phobeius
8 January 2006, 10:05 PM
Who wants me to hack their HUD and have it play "Run Thru The Jungle" for some nice "Appcolypse Now" time action, or some "White Zombie"?
:P

max ordo
8 January 2006, 11:58 PM
I could go for some 'Black Sunshine" if you please

Ronin
9 January 2006, 12:09 AM
Actually a fair portion of Mission Two was written while listening to the Metal Gear Solid 3 soundtrack...

darth_phobeius
9 January 2006, 12:58 AM
Too bad that we can't post sound bits with each message to provide atmosphere to each action. That would be way fun.

coldskier0320
9 January 2006, 06:14 AM
Okay, I knew I had 'em right in TPTCBN, but what I failed to take into account was that it includes the equipment mods in the skill (tool kit means +2 to repair etc.), so I removed that equipment fom the list in TPTCBN, but kept it on my stat list. Basically, this means that while my skills are now accurate, I'll have to add in the bonus each time I make a check. :)

Here ya go:

Skills: Computer Use +10, Craft (blaster pistols and rifles) +7, Demolitions +20, Disable Device +15, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Engineering) +10, Knowledge (Tactics) +15, Listen +7, Pilot +10, Read/Write Basic, Repair +14, Speak Basic, Spot +7, Treat Injury +10

Oh, and i'll be sure to put on the CCR when I type my next post! :D

Ronin
9 January 2006, 06:27 AM
Thanks Cold!

Chiiko
Dutch
Gig
Stiev
Papi
Dart
Deuce

Awaiting:
Fengis
God
Brand

darth_phobeius
9 January 2006, 06:42 PM
Hey Gig likes your guy (not in that way) They can be friends and have arts and crafts day. Make stuff like pinatas and maybe a programmed hyperexplosive death droid.....or something you know.

coldskier0320
9 January 2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Gig likes your guy (not in that way) They can be friends and have arts and crafts day. Make stuff like pinatas and maybe a programmed hyperexplosive death droid.....or something you know.

Uhh...thanks? :? :P

Seriously, though, loading down a droid with high-explosive and sending 'er on in to soften 'em up might not be such a fool idea...

with ample prep time (read: now, IC) Deuce could work up a pretty kick-arse charge, I'm sure.

Whaddaya think, guys? GM?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 January 2006, 07:54 PM
man , I ^^&%*&^%^% hate MegaShaft WindBlows XP! .....

ok, here's the scoop - my WD 18gb's kinda on its last legs, might last another year yet, hard to say. Suffice, i went and used some cash i got from birthday and the 2 xmas's and nabbed a nice'n'new WD 250gb hd... ata100, 7200 rpm, 8mb hd cache. an excellent buy too.

Dont worry, nothing's hosed yet. And all the important stuff like the RPG materials are safe on the 80gb Maxtor secondary drive.

I've got Symantec/Norton Ghost. its great for making perfect images of an hd or partition, as
well as useful for cloning drives & partitions...

Simple right?

when MegaShaft is involved, nope. be it home edition or Pro... seems that when I clone my 20gb onto the 250gb as a 20gb partition, the sucker wont load unless i have the 20gb hooked up to the system. as if the stupid windows has ingrained itself a boot drive id / hardware device serial # check...

Its a full day later and i'm still no farther ahead. just gratefull i've still got the WD 20gb to boot from til i fresh-install xp onto the 250gb... then copy over the email and etc and whole enchilada of creature-comfort settings...

darth_phobeius
9 January 2006, 08:15 PM
Since the subject has been breached.
I am looking to dump 3k on a new computer, I looked at the Dell build for the XPS and I get a company discount there and was wondering what the opinions are.
If you have any ideas let me know so I can buy it and have it shipped to my house when I get done out here in the Sandbox.

coldskier0320
9 January 2006, 08:43 PM
I've heard its great if you plan to run it in stock version, off the rack. If you want to mod it at all, your 3K would be better spent on a different high-end desktop. Check out Alienware, or Falcon Northwest (the latter may require a bit more dinero...).

darth_phobeius
9 January 2006, 08:46 PM
The Alienware one that has the same stuff would cost around 5k because I don't get a discount there but I will check to see the difference in operating systems.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 January 2006, 09:58 PM
well the lwer end DELLs are pretty much get what ya pay for, and limited in upgrade options like - built onboard video (lcheap/ economical but sux for gaming)...

i think max ordo just picked up an XPS , not sure though....

the higher up DELLs seem a little better for gaming, but thats just from looking at the build/customize yer options page... options like a 256mb ati x600 of nvidia geforce 6600gt or better are always good choices... and 1024mb (1gb) of ddr ram is also essential.

you dont get a whole lot of choice for cpus, intel only... though the dual cores are going to be the way to go eventually, meaning dual cores same sa having 2 cpus inside the box, great for multitasking between games and applications. if your doing cpu intensive, you can alt-tab and switch tasks to something else and it'll feel like your on a second machine while the other cpu crunches away at its job...

even if you dont get any company discounts with alienware, still browse their product linups for specifications, which would be a good indicator what performance components to select in a dell machine...

rules of thumb:
- you can never go too powerful.
- the more beefier the system, the more longer you'll have the machine for in functionality
- if you get a killer gaming rig, it can pretty much handle anything else for programs / applications.

darth_phobeius
10 January 2006, 12:07 AM
The one I built on the site is the XPS with the dual Geforce and the 2gb of RAM with all the other goodies. I went with a low harddrive memory in opt for the 300gb external memory core so if the hardrive crashes I don't lose anything and it does not take up operating space. I rigged it all for gaming and multimedia so it should be good but I was not sure.

max ordo
10 January 2006, 04:52 AM
I just recently got the xps 400 and so far no complaints. havent found anything it couldnt do...yet.B)

Ronin
10 January 2006, 05:30 AM
I don't think I understood any of what you guys just talked about :D

I'll hold off on the update for a coupla days...that gives Terras, Kanner and Johnny a few days to post.

Cold, you've just got your dets, det cord and grenades on you, plus Aricoza's gonna have you moving toward the contained area in the update...I dunno if you can/wanna make a bomb on the move...plus let's remember that the enemy plant bombs in your space station.
You're not supposed to do it the other way round. ;)
(But seriously: if you wanna make something on the way...PM me and we can think something up :) )

Plus I just had a ืืืืืin busy day and I'm tired.:P

CaamasiJedi49
10 January 2006, 05:31 AM
Hehe, I'm doing something I have aptly called project refit. Pretty much I am slowly rebuilding my stupid Dell (which I got 4 years ago, crashed just as much). Alienware is all my friends say for desktop computers, the falcon, from what I have read, isn't bad either. And you can be reasonable with alienware, just buy everything separately and over time. That makes it easier on you when it comes to money (which is what I'm doing as well). Good luck none the less, and for the love of monkey please leave the room!!!

CJ49

darth_phobeius
10 January 2006, 05:46 AM
Last thing. I think it was the XPS 700 I was looking at. Not sure.
Not planning as far as I know to make the droid bomb as of yet but if need arises you never know. Of course with Duece's skill it could take the whole station with it ; )
A bunch of Mouse Droids though with some frag grenades (or the equivilant punch) might not me bad.

max ordo
10 January 2006, 05:48 AM
xps 600 is top of line i think but you can upgrade components. ;)

darth_phobeius
10 January 2006, 05:59 AM
That might have been it. I don't know but it came out to about 4k and then dropped down to 3k after my companies discount kicked in.

I got a question for you "God".
Can snipers fire at things that are not really far away, or does that just throw off you mojo?

Ronin
10 January 2006, 06:05 AM
Can snipers fire at things that are not really far away, or does that just throw off you mojo?

Well, God:clonetpr: forbid that should ever happen.
#rimshot#
Ahem.
Actually, Max, did you sent me your level 9 God yet?

darth_phobeius
10 January 2006, 06:40 AM
Not Bloody likely from that slacker

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 January 2006, 10:18 AM
tx for the posting extension ronin ;) it'll give me somethin to do on the laptop while i curse & groan each and every umpteenth re-boot durring a fresh install of windblows onto the new hd...

yeah, got ahold of a online buddy that moved to the next city over, and he agreed, just start fresh with the new drive... spent 2 days trying to clone it over... it'll take a day or two to fresh-install and get all the stuff and programs re-installed again... :rolleyes:

only consolance is i've got broadband highspeed for the speedy downloads... and a laptop i can access online with (though i wont be able to access the 80gb maxtor that often until i get everything up and running. its not one of those newer fancier external network enabled usb drives)

as for building and buying computers, my personal preferance is this: i got local and online shopping. Just as you goto the grocery store / market to handpick fresh fruit and vegetables, i do exactly that for computer components. install and assemble them myself. Buying a pre-built system (aside from laptops) are too boring. I wouldn't buy a dell, nor a falcon or alienware machine when i can buy those cases anywheres and put / select my own components into them and re-use anything else i have now if needed like hd's or whatever... but hey, thats just me ;)

coldskier0320
10 January 2006, 10:35 AM
Going the Terras route, you can also trick out your case, if that's your thing...

Neon tube lighting, LED fans, airbrushed exterior w/ plexiglass windows...freon tube direct cooling...

*snaps out of it* Waitwhat? Explosions! Yes! Bomb-building, sep-toasting goodness! Let's rock and roll! :D

Vanger Chevane
10 January 2006, 02:13 PM
I agree with Terras, with a caveat.

Buil-your-own can certainly save on cost, but you want to be sure to deal with reliable online vendors. Check their BBB.org reports before you buy. The lowest price may be one where you get ripped off.

You should also be familiar with installing a Full Version Operating System in case this is necessary.

It also helps when dealing with auction sites. For example, when I was building Uberputer a few years back (When the Athlon XP 2600+ was just coming out) I saw bids for the Athlon 2400 ranging about 230bux. I could drive over to CrampUSA & get it from there for that price, and knew I could get one completely handled, shipped, etc. from a reliable Online Vendor for less than 193.

As a rule-of-thumb, I research what the going reliable price is, then insist that any Auction Site had best be 10-20% below that (shipping etc. included) before I'll buy there.

Knowing what you want, and looking around before you buy certainly helps. Aside from the drives, everything in the box (even the box itself) was new. I paid about 550USD for these specs:

New Mid-tower 5 bay Case w/400W PS, front USB, etc.
nVidia ti-200 256MB Video Card
ABIT NV7-133R Motherboard
2x 512MB DDR133 stick
Full Version Microsoft XP Professional

Since I recycled all my premium peripherals & drives I didn't need to re-buy them, saving that cost. At time of build, my system was worth over 1200USD as used.

Doing some research and having enough know-how to put your own puter together from parts can really deliver premium performance on a basic budget. ;)

max ordo
10 January 2006, 08:44 PM
I got a question for you "God".

I'm not sure...You start running and I'll start shooting and we'll see if me aim gets better the further you go. ;)

I thought I sent those to you Ronin but I will resend asap.

Ronin
11 January 2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by max ordo
I thought I sent those to you Ronin but I will resend asap.

Thanks. To be honest I thought I had it too but I've just got your lv 8 version.

darth_phobeius
11 January 2006, 05:33 AM
It's because he is a slacker and thought you would just forget and he could make up stats to fit each situation.....sorry Max for ratting you out.

Ronin
11 January 2006, 05:59 AM
Terras...you mind if I give you a Saturday night deadline? I'd kinda like to get things moving along then if possible...Monday at the latest really...

PsychoInfiltrator
14 January 2006, 02:19 PM
Finally, we kill something.

I wonder...if the Seps could have slipped a Hailfire into the station...

I wonder...if I jsut gave Ronin a cruel idea...

I wonder...if I pontificate to much.

Rostek
14 January 2006, 02:45 PM
Fear not- Hailfires are why you bring Chiiko and me along B)

And btw, Master GM- I believe we were promised personalizations for our DCs, or does that come for the mission proper, because that would make sense too?

Ronin
14 January 2006, 03:46 PM
Did I promise that?
Can't seem to remember...
:D

Okay, okay!
Once the intro is over you can unleash your requests for gear and mods (just remember that your armour is already tricked out to the max). :)

Chiiko
Dutch
Gig
Stiev
Papi
Dart
Deuce
God

Awaiting:
Fengis
Brand

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 January 2006, 08:57 PM
yes sir! (crap, it is saturday night here already. scratch that, 12:05am sunday morning) ... i'lll read p and post.

once again folks,. sorry about the delays. had another twist of fate upon me - the power supply just went and i narrowly avoided total system fry, having caught it in time before it could do any collateral damage (having your comp[uter starting to emit an acrid buring smell is a surefire indicator something's awry) ... and darnit, i still dont even have half the stuff installed back onto this new hd yet :P

edit - oy, just read through 43 posts... glad they werent my regular novela length ones ;)

Vanger Chevane
15 January 2006, 01:45 PM
Got Fengis cranked through JC77...

Also figured out the bonus Skill Points are basically (6+ Int Modifier) x (TS lvl + 3).

That aside, here we are:

Fengis: Adult Male Human, Soldier 3/Scout 1/Tech Specialist 5; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 18 (+2 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 8m (Armor); VP/WP 73/12; Atk ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, BlasTech DC-17s Sniper Attachment), +4/+4/-1 or -2/-2/-2/-7 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, BlasTech DC-17m Modular Assault Blaster Rifle), +4/+4/-1 ranged (4d8, BlasTech DC-17g Grenade Attachment), +8/+3 melee (1d3+2, punch), +8/+3 melee (2d4+2, Vibrodagger [Retractable, Left Forearm]), +8/+3 or +4/+4/-1 ranged (3d6+1, BlasTech DC-15s Combat Pistol), +8/+3 ranged (8d6+6, Thermal Detonator), -2/-2/-2/-7 ranged (4d8, BlasTech DC-17a Anti-Armor Attachment); SQ Expert (Craft), Instant Mastery (Knowledge), Research, Tech Specialty (Medical Specialist +1); SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10.

Equipment: BlasTech DC-15s Combat Pistol, BlasTech DC-17a Anti-Armor Attachment, BlasTech DC-17g Grenade Attachment, BlasTech DC-17m Modular Assault Blaster Rifle, BlasTech DC-17s Sniper Attachment, Field Kit, Katarn Powered Armor (Damage Reduction: 5), Medical Backpack, Thermal Detonator, Vibrodagger [Retractable, Left Forearm]

Skills: Climb +4, Computer Use +8, Craft (medpacs) +12, Demolitions +5, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +3, Hide +8, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (Alien species) +12, Knowledge (Biology) +13, Knowledge (Chemistry) +13, Knowledge (Medicine) +13, Knowledge (Tactics) +13, Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Read/Write Basic, Repair +7, Search +7, Sense Motive +2, Speak Basic, Mandolorian, Spot +5, Survival +11, Swim +4, Treat Injury +19, Tumble +4

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, powered), Combat Expertise, Dodge, Endurance, Gearhead, Lightning Reflexes, Quick Draw, Skill Emphasis (Treat Injury), Stealthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

Notes: Gearhead Feat & 32 Skill Points per Ronin and <a href="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20051027jc77">Jedi Counseling 77</a>.

darth_phobeius
16 January 2006, 02:00 AM
Gig has both Craft Computers and Craft Electronic Devices but I was looking in the Rule Book again and I don't think there is a difference except that one is specialized and one is general. You can craft computers with craft electronic devices. Just looking for input. I think I got Craft Computers off the Information Warfare suplimental.

Ronin
16 January 2006, 02:10 AM
Darth! Clear some room in yer PM box!!

darth_phobeius
16 January 2006, 06:14 AM
Done

Ronin
18 January 2006, 06:48 AM
Deployment (please confirm):
S1: Papi, Dart, Gig
S2: Deuce, God

K1: ???
K2: ???

Chiiko
Dutch
Gig
Stiev
Papi
Dart
Fengis
Deuce
God

Awaiting:
Brand

Ronin
19 January 2006, 04:52 PM
I'll try to update on Monday, but Kappas: I need to know who's where. :clonetpr:

Rostek
19 January 2006, 05:01 PM
Well, I intimated that Dutch and I will go in one, leaving our two more vunerable members under Chiiko's capable protection. Obviously, that needs Sarge's okay plus decision over which one we're supposed to go into.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 January 2006, 01:29 PM
K1 - Stiev & Dutch
K2 - Fengis, Brand, & Chiiko

Vanger Chevane
20 January 2006, 01:36 PM
Delegation of Authority, Rostek.

Fengis trusts you guys to make your own decisions.

Rostek
20 January 2006, 01:41 PM
Naturally- I mean, that's why I called Dutch, the team selecting is logically a delegation, though I defer to the commander to determine who goes where (I.E., give you dibs on which enterance you take).

Ronin
22 January 2006, 02:42 AM
I'll update tomorrow night if possible...

a bit of a heads-up: I'm moving to a better, bigger, quieter apartment around the 20th of Feb, so I might be AWOL for about a week (well, more A-with-L than AWOL since I'm the GM;) ).

darth_phobeius
22 January 2006, 03:23 AM
I guess you can if you really have to. I didn't know you were allowed to move in Japan unless someone died and a spot opened up. Who did you kill to get the new apartment? I saw the Grudge and so you better watch it. Unlike the ghost in the US those pesty ones will follow you where ever you go. In the US you just have to get out of the house and you are good to go. There you just look at the house and you are screwed.

Have fun

coldskier0320
22 January 2006, 04:55 AM
I guess you can if you really have to. I didn't know you were allowed to move in Japan unless someone died and a spot opened up. Who did you kill to get the new apartment? I saw the Grudge and so you better watch it. Unlike the ghost in the US those pesty ones will follow you where ever you go. In the US you just have to get out of the house and you are good to go. There you just look at the house and you are screwed.

Have fun

Pfft...

I have a story for that...

As you guys may or may not know, Gettysburg, PA, USA, the site of the pivotal American Civil War battle, is rife with ghosts and other supernatural occurrences. My Boy Scout troop made a habit of heading down to Gettysburg at least once a year to tour the battlefield and have a nice camping trip. Well on one such camping trip a number of years back, my father and my scoutmaster took an early morning drive out to a covered bridge and took some pictures.

Upon getting the prints back, We were all checking them out, noting the perfect reflection that the still water had created, when someone noticed a suspicious black blob on one single picture that didnt apear on any of the others. It had a reflection, so it wasn't just a developing error, but noone could figure out what it was.

So my scout leader takes ot home, scans it, and zooms in on the thing and it turns out that the blob resembles a small human figure, complete with a head in a lighter shade that resembled an old womans' face.

So he calls my dad to let him know of the discovery, being sure to print him out some of the zoomed in pics.

When he gives him the pics, he says the weirdest thing happened the night before, that at about 3am, his downstairs TV turned on full blast, with the sound system turned on as well. normally he'd blame the dog, but the dog was upstairs when it happened, and the dog couldn't have possibly turned on the sound system. When he went downstairs to turn it off, he flipped on a light and the bulb promptly blew out.

...Within a week after getting the pictures, two lights had burned out in our house, and two more in my scout leaders house.

This was in early November, then things quieted down for a few weeks, until thanksgiving when we went to my aunts house near Reading PA. We showed my aunt and uncle the pictures and told them the story and everything was fine. But when we got home, like 2 days later my uncle said that the week after we left, three bulbs in their chandelier burned out. After the holiday weekend, my dad took them to work...at least two of those people later said they had to replace light bulbs withing a few days after seeing the pictures.

...Now for the part where it applies to the current matter. :P

As most of you know, this past august, I moved into an apartment in Pittsburgh, where I'm attending college. We've had a few bulbs burn out, but its mostly the fancy bulbs in our crappy chandelier type thing that just plain stink, while the lights we all brought from home work fine.

Well last week, in the same day, 2 of the 3 bulbs in my room burned out in the same day, one of which had been recently replaced anyway. Thinking it was weird, but just a coincidence, i replaced them and went on with my day. I didn't find out until a few days ago, when i went home, that about that time, my sister had had a friend over, and they got out the pictures to show the friend.

That same day, a light bulb blew out there too.

Now it could all be coincidence, but I tend to think otherwise. However, so long as it's content to mess with lightbulbs only, I'm cool with it. Still, it's kinda creepy to me.

Ronin
22 January 2006, 05:39 AM
That is a bit creepy! 8o

Actually I'm moving so that I don't have to kill someone. The person living in the apartment under me is an insane old woman. No joke, I'm talking a care-in-the-community insanity case. Banging on the walls, ceiling and floor continuously for hours on end, swears worse than sergeant Aricoza, urinates and defecates outside (I thought it was dog-do until my landlord told me another resident had caught her in the act). Her apartment is full of rubbish. When she's not banging or swearing like a Tourette's sufferer, she's doing pantomine-baddie laugher;
Bwa-ha-ha-ha ha!
No joke. I've never heard anyone actually do that laugh and not be on stage in a saturday show for kids...
or she's making retching/vomiting sounds.

And the police here are absolutely, positively bloody useless. Back home in Blighty they'd boot the door down for such consistant noise pollution. Heck, she really should be in a hospital...but that'd be very expensive here, so her [expletive deleted] relatives keep her in the crappy little apartment under me. I'd feel sorry for her if I didn't want to kill her so much.

So. After over a year and a half of this (plus the useless landlord-company taking her to court...which never resulted in anything!) I'm finally moving out. It's gonna be weird not sleeping with earplugs in. :D

We return to your regular broadcast.

darth_phobeius
22 January 2006, 05:47 AM
Hey Cold, I'm an Eagle Scout. Did Explorers for a little while after I left my Venture Troop. I got recently a Army Coin that has the Eagle Scout patch on one side and Operation Iraqi Freedom on the other. Just one last tid-bit, there is a Boy Scout Troop in Baghdad that some Sergeant Major set up.
Sorry for the deviation.

coldskier0320
22 January 2006, 05:55 AM
Hey Cold, I'm an Eagle Scout. Did Explorers for a little while after I left my Venture Troop. I got recently a Army Coin that has the Eagle Scout patch on one side and Operation Iraqi Freedom on the other. Just one last tid-bit, there is a Boy Scout Troop in Baghdad that some Sergeant Major set up.
Sorry for the deviation.

That's really cool!

I got my Eagle a year or so back, and though it's hard with me being away, I've tried to keep a little active in the troop. :) We have a great group of guys and most of my best friends were in the troop with me.

Oh, and if anyone's light bulbs burn out, you can blame me ;) But I'd like to know.

coldskier0320
22 January 2006, 08:16 AM
Good to see you again, John!

*snickers* Murphy the Hutt...2 points to Dutch.;)

Rostek
22 January 2006, 12:48 PM
Yay, JP's back!

Ex- First Class here, quit after school became too hard to balance with it. ;)
Good for you on the move, boss- I hope no maleviolent entities follow you like the one cold apparently has attracted :P

Ronin
23 January 2006, 07:17 AM
Sorry about the delay gents, I'll try to update soon (in the process of making a more detailed map of the sealed area for y'all...that and getting ready to move home!).
Glad you're back with us Johnny! :clonetpr:

Ronin
24 January 2006, 06:15 AM
Okay...I'm updating with the partial map now. I'll have it fully complete ASAP.

K1 - Stiev & Dutch
K2 - Fengis, Brand, & Chiiko
S1: Papi, Dart, Gig
S2: Deuce, God

EDIT: hold off on the updates a moment....realised I need to edit the map further!!!
EDIT TWO: okay. Good to go. RL is a bit busy at the moment so I apologise for the quality of the map and it's as-yet-unfinishedness. Feel free to quiz the station's comp via your HUD as to the use of rooms on the map (i.e. PM or email me, that'll have to do until I can finish the whole map...if that even becomes necessary:rolleyes: ).

PsychoInfiltrator
24 January 2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry I've been gone a week. In litle over another week I'll have my life back.

Ronin
25 January 2006, 06:12 AM
Darth, you mean the door marked "A" here, right?

Rostek
25 January 2006, 07:36 AM
So... are the red doors the ones that are locked down then, right?
jp- you have more practical experiance with this than I, so if you're around, I shall follow your preferance.
If not, then I'll probably start a sweep in the nearest room, and if you'd be so kind as to give a warning the day or two before you post, GM, then I will do that then.

Ronin
25 January 2006, 07:39 AM
Yup, the red doors have been locked down by Command to keep in any hostiles. You can ask Command to open up a sealed door if necessary.

I hope to update every 7 days, as promised...though with preparing to move that might get extended a bit...

darth_phobeius
25 January 2006, 05:53 PM
That would be her. Am I able to plug her up?

Ronin
30 January 2006, 06:05 AM
Cold, Max what're God and Deuce doing?

Rostek, if Johnny can't check in, feel free to have Stiev direct Dutch, and I'll do his actions in the update.

Kanner? Kanner? Bueller?

I'd like to update Wed or Thu night if possible gentlemen.

Rostek
30 January 2006, 07:35 AM
Okeday, boss man ;)

I know Kanner's alive, since he posted in Krad-edis' LotR game (great fun, if I might plug and recommend) not a few days ago (MSN Groups site, so not here, where I haven't seen him around).

darth_phobeius
30 January 2006, 06:38 PM
I think Max is tied up with RL goings on. Jobs are a pain sometimes. Why can't they just pay us a lot of money to post? Democrates I tells ya. Liberal Hippies.

CaamasiJedi49
30 January 2006, 06:54 PM
I hear ya. Crazy son of a monkey's!!! :D Hehe, reminds me for some reason of space monkeys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys_in_space).

CJ49

Rostek
30 January 2006, 11:57 PM
I think Max is tied up with RL goings on. Jobs are a pain sometimes. Why can't they just pay us a lot of money to post? Democrates I tells ya. Liberal Hippies.

I made sure to specially include that provision in the policy platform at the last meeting ;)

darth_phobeius
31 January 2006, 02:06 AM
Didn' t you get that memo? I will send you the memo so you will have the memo and not have to ask about the memo that I sent you before when the memo came out and everyone else got the memo.

max ordo
31 January 2006, 02:13 AM
God is awaiting Deuces orders. I point and shoot but am in need of direction. Just a simple grunt with a big gun.

A commando and his weapon......such a beautiful sight

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 January 2006, 03:10 PM
*looks at the above*

3 cloned stooges anyone? :D

Ronin
1 February 2006, 05:07 AM
Gentlemen....I hope to update about 24 hours from now. Pleeease get your IC posts in...:clonetpr:

Rostek
1 February 2006, 05:35 AM
Huzzah!

Since it's a bit late to edit into the post- if jp doesn't show, Dutch should just do the same as I from the opposite side of the door, and cover the rest of the room.

Ronin
1 February 2006, 05:39 AM
Rostek edit if you want, no problem :)

Rostek
1 February 2006, 05:53 AM
Nah- it's not really necessary. I'll describe it after the update, and if there's anything in there, he'll be in good position, if not, it won't really matter, will it?
;)

Ronin
2 February 2006, 07:18 AM
TEN-HUT!:clonetpr:
Birthday boy on deck!
Three cheers for Caamasi Jedi!

CaamasiJedi49
2 February 2006, 09:31 AM
12 hours early my time, but thanks none the less.

CJ49

coldskier0320
2 February 2006, 10:37 AM
Didn't you know? Ronin's powers are so great, he simply lives in the future. :P

Happy Birthday in advance! :D

Vanger Chevane
2 February 2006, 01:13 PM
Happy Bday CJ, have a fun one.

Rostek
2 February 2006, 02:35 PM
Happy B-Day Eve, CJ :P

Ronin
2 February 2006, 04:48 PM
Okay...I'll try to update tonight. :)

darth_phobeius
2 February 2006, 05:17 PM
Happy coming-into-this-world-screaming Day
One year down without going to prison and being someone's girlfriend is always something to celebrate.
Happy B-Day CJ

PsychoInfiltrator
2 February 2006, 05:53 PM
Happy B-Day Caamasi Jedi!

EDIT: Apparently, I can't spell 'Camaasi.' ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 February 2006, 09:13 PM
Thats why most peopele abreviate ...

Happy b-day CJ!

coldskier0320
2 February 2006, 09:40 PM
One year down without going to prison and being someone's girlfriend is always something to celebrate.

Those are two different things? :raised: :P

Rostek
2 February 2006, 10:32 PM
Given the place of that one's employment, the irony and/or humor of that statement is magical :P
(You'll get no judgement from me, as I'm sure you conform to all statues and stuff- and no arguing, chillen' ;)).

CaamasiJedi49
3 February 2006, 04:11 AM
Thanks everyone.

CJ49

Ronin
3 February 2006, 06:41 AM
Cold, why is it always you who walks into my boobytraps??! :bothan: :clonetpr:

Rostek
3 February 2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Ronin

Because you design your scenarios that way, you filthy tease!

coldskier0320
3 February 2006, 07:53 AM

Sigh...I guess I'm just gifted like that...:P

So, Ronin...I'm starting up a game soon...interested? :P:raised:

johnnyputrid
6 February 2006, 06:46 AM
Hey guys. Looks like I forgot to sign up for the OOC thread. Well, now that that is remedied, let me just say its good to be back in action. Hopefully everybody is doing well and living OK.

And by the way Ronin, believe it or not, I actually screwed up Dutch's stat block. Nothing major, but my Excel program doesn't always catch small errors. So here he is...again. Really only the skills needed fixing (damn cross-class skills!), but since I'm an honest fellow most of the time, I felt I needed to fix 'em up. If anyone happens to catch any errors, please let me know. Lately I just haven't had the time (or motivation) to work things out on paper.

RC-04/87 (Dutch): cloned male human Scout 2/Soldier 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense +18 (+6 class, +2 Dex); Spd 8 m; VP/WP 77/16; Atk +11/+6 ranged (blaster pistol, 3d6/20 or DC 15 stun, range 10 m) or +11/+6 ranged (blaster rifle, 3d8/19-20 or DC 20 stun, range 30 m) or +11 ranged (grenade, by type, burst radius 4 m, range 4 m) or +10/+5 melee (vibrodagger, 2d4+2/19-20) or +10/+5 melee (unarmed, 2d4+2/19-20) or +10/+5 melee (grapple); SQ Loyalties (can't be bribed, blackmailed or seduced), Trailblazing; SV Fort +8 (+10 vs extreme temps), Ref +7, Will +5; SZ M; FP 3, DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 15, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 10; Challenge Code D.

Equipment: Merr-Sonn Model 44 blaster pistol, personalized vibrodagger (increased critical), SoroSuub Firelance blaster rifle (chest-mounted on CQC sling), Katarn powered armor (DR 5, Max Dex bonus +2, ACP -2; integrated secure comlinkl integrated helmet glowlamp; macrobinocular viewplate; low-light vision enhancer; retractable arm-mounted vibrodagger; +2 equipment bonus on Listen and Spot checks; +2 equipment bonus on Fortitude saves against extreme temperatures); 5 Merr-Sonn C-10 stun grenades, 2 Merr-Sonn C-16 frag grenades, assault kit, DC-17m Modular Assault Blaster Rifle (no attachments, slung on back), enough cigars for both squads.

Skills*: Climb+5, Computer Use+5, Craft (vibro weapons)+3, Demolitions+6, Hide+7, Intimidate+10, Knowledge (tactics)+11, Listen+9, Move Silently+7, Search+7, Spot+9, Survival+7, Treat Injury+5

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, powered), Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Martial Arts, Martial Arts, Point Blank Shot, Toughness, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

*Skill modifiers without armor: Climb+7, Hide+9, Listen+7, Move Silently+9, Spot+7.

Ronin
6 February 2006, 04:51 PM
Cheers for checking Dutch, JP.

Max!! God:clonetpr: where are you?! I think we all need you to post IC...

max ordo
7 February 2006, 02:30 AM
Sorry posting now. Been caught up in crazy work schedule. Sorry for the hold up. Won't happen again

Ronin
7 February 2006, 05:12 AM
#A bugle sounds#

TEN-HUT!
Fellow brother commando Kanner Ra'an AKA Brand, serial number KR-148 of the Grand Army of the Republic, 22nd Regiment, Kappa Squad has requested retirement from active service.

#Drum roll#

Nine shots ring out from the remaining members of Kappa and Sigma squads.

EDIT: just realised, that sounds like we shot him! :D LOL
I'll NPC Brand until this intro section is over then...well, you all received the PM.

Vanger Chevane
7 February 2006, 02:20 PM
Replied.

Recent events elsewhere should be taken into consideration. :raised:

Ronin
7 February 2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Replied.

Recent events elsewhere should be taken into consideration. :raised:

Hmm...this point was brought up by a couple of you.
Any other nominations?
Please PM me and I'll tell everyone in the unit.

PsychoInfiltrator
7 February 2006, 05:12 PM
I replied.

I think I missed said events, though.

CaamasiJedi49
7 February 2006, 06:35 PM
Likewise for the said events. Though it doesn't sound happy from the looks of it.

CJ49

Ronin
8 February 2006, 05:06 AM
Okay. For the moment I'm considering not replacing Kanner...nine gives us two standard squads, plus one attached pilot...and hopefully should speed us up (admittedly just a little).

Rostek
8 February 2006, 05:46 AM
An excellent point, bossman- and at the very least, we have the luxury of trying it out, don't we?

coldskier0320
8 February 2006, 05:49 AM
In concurrence with Ronin.

CaamasiJedi49
8 February 2006, 06:42 AM
Fine with me.

CJ49

Ronin
10 February 2006, 05:29 AM
I'm off to a hot spring with the GF, see you all when I'm back sunday night or monday morning.
And POST dammit!
I'd like to update before I have to go (temporarily) off line around the 18th (to move)...I should be back online again around the 20th...fingers crossed. If there's a problem I'll email someone (Vang, Terras or Cold probably) from my phone.

Vanger Chevane
10 February 2006, 02:50 PM
You know where Dutch & I are going, but I can't post bout What's Behind Door #42 till you tell me what's there.

Ronin
12 February 2006, 06:01 AM
Map for Kappa group 2. PMs (Vanger and Terras) to follow.

Max, could you update God's actions from what happened in the PM...and tell me your next actions. :)

Ronin
14 February 2006, 05:08 AM
Psych, Johnny, your posts, if you please... :clonetpr:

Rostek
19 February 2006, 02:10 PM
I've been struck down with illness- check the RG2 OOC thread for some lurid details if you like.
In any case, I'll be down until Tuesday morning (maybe Monday night), and only be able to check at odd times. If I'm online for much longer than a few minutes, I've probably forgot to close the window or talked/guilted my roomate into reading me the new threads ;)
Either way- I'm bedridden, so no summeries for me until I'm up and lucid.

Just FYI,

Rostek

PS- Second page? C'mon guys, we're better than that! :)

Ronin
21 February 2006, 03:16 PM
Quick check: who hasn't posted? Who're we waiting on?
(Me?)

Rostek
21 February 2006, 03:27 PM
JP, Psych, CJ and I have posted.
darth phoebius and cold are a bit busy working on the bomb (multiple round action, I'm sure), and Kappa 2 is waiting for the good Sarge to get to them.
I think we're ready.

Vanger Chevane
21 February 2006, 03:54 PM
Actually, I stayed put while Chiiko & Brand secured that corridor. I'm waiting for them to get back up to me. :P

Then we clear the Abattoir.

johnnyputrid
23 February 2006, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out to Fort Hood, Texas on the 24th for my new duty assignment. There's a good chance I'll be off-line for a few weeks, so if you don't see me around for a bit, that's the reason. Once I get settled in and all of my household goods arrive, I should be back to posting on a regular basis.

I'll holler at you all as soon as I can.

Laters,

J

coldskier0320
23 February 2006, 10:14 AM
Heyya darth_phobeius...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D:D:D

CaamasiJedi49
23 February 2006, 10:19 AM
Happy birhtday darth. Hope you have a good number 27!

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
23 February 2006, 12:33 PM
Happy Birthday D_P!!!

Rostek
23 February 2006, 04:04 PM
Woot- teh b-day!!1!11!!!

:D Have a good one, darth_p.

darth_phobeius
23 February 2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys. Getting it from everyone here is really good when you are away from family and such. Can't wait to get Duece from his predictament so that I can shoot something ; )

Ronin
27 February 2006, 06:26 AM
C'mon lads! Move it move it move it! :clonetpr:

PsychoInfiltrator
28 February 2006, 01:39 PM
Who all needs to post?

Ronin
28 February 2006, 03:39 PM
I PM'd info to Vanger and Terras...

Johnny might not be able to post, so I'll NPC Dutch in the mean time.
God and Deuce...we can presume they're still working on the bomb, like Gig...unless one of them leaves to engage the enemy (though that's probably not gonna be Deuce...).

Oh, and you'll have that bomb disarmed soon :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 February 2006, 04:11 PM
sorry, was waiting on the sarge ;)

could've sworn i read the p.m, though i've been actively clearning out my p.m inbox due to the rg2 almost daily p.m'ing and replies...

i know, i'm trying to change a bad habbit of leaving the p.m's stack up til they're near the 190 mark... is a pia to clear when that happens :P

Vanger Chevane
1 March 2006, 04:02 PM
I've posted, Chiiko's turn. :P

Ronin
4 March 2006, 03:25 AM
Alright ladies!
Required reading time again:
An excerpt from Triple Zero: HUD-1 (http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/f20060228/index.html)
Plus there's Mando'a language and grammar lists.
Don't enter the battlefield without it.

As you were. :clonetpr:

EDIT: don't go translating your entire speach into Mando'a though, right! That'd take just a little too long! :D
But if you wanna use it, please put a translation in brackets, yeah? ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
4 March 2006, 05:34 AM
My stickee with the speky of Basic, O-Kee_day?

;)

Ronin
7 March 2006, 05:01 AM
SInce I'm gonna be out of contact from this sunday, I'll try to update before I go.

I bought Triple Zero at the weekend and so far I absolutely love it! It's great to see Kal Skirata at last! Plus Fi is extremely funny....and Atin's old training sergeant Walon "Old Psycho" Vau is in it...and Delta Squad (though I'm no big fan of them so far, the interaction between Delta and Omega is very good).
I highly recommend you all get it!

Also, IIRC only Johnny gave Dutch:clonetpr: Read/Write and Speak Mando'a....but we can consider that he's teaching the rest of you ;)

The novel has lots of other Mandalorian culture-stuff...including a tribal dance/custom (that made me think of the Hakka the All Blacks do...no coincidence that the clone template was from NZ;) ).

Plus new gear:
PEP laser - basically a stun laser built into the DC-17.
Mark III Katarn Armour - at last it's black. It's supposedly more armoured...not sure if I'll give you another point of DR yet or not.
...and...if God is a good little clone...a Verpine sniper rifle....

CaamasiJedi49
7 March 2006, 05:07 AM
Why do you wish to spoil my soldier so? :P

CJ49

Ronin
7 March 2006, 05:10 AM
Well, I don't have to let him have one...but he is gonna be covering your @$$es with it...;)

I'll see what other goodies the book cooks up and have lots of new toys for you all when I get back. :)

darth_phobeius
7 March 2006, 07:46 AM
I found a DEMP 3 stats. Can I have a underbarrel version of it?

darth_phobeius
7 March 2006, 08:03 AM
It Demp 2
Cost: 950
Damage: 2d6 setting 1, 3d6 setting 2, 3d8 setting 3, 3d8 setting 4 (droids), 2d6 setting 4 (living beings)
Critical: 20
Range Increment: 10 meters
Weight: 4.7 kg
Stun Fort DC: 18
Type: Energy
Size: Medium
Group: Blaster Rifles
Notes: Setting 1-3 affect droids only, while setting 4 affects both living beings and droids

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 March 2006, 11:10 AM
nice stats darth_phobeius :D

now if we could harness your stats skills at the *IRC* (cough cough) for a few projects that are kinda just sitting there ;)

Ronin
7 March 2006, 03:34 PM
Hmmm...how's this:

DC-17m DEMP attachment
Cost: NAFS
Damage: 3d6 (droids and electrics)
Weight: 1.0 kg
Stun Fort DC: N/A
Size: Small

Basically a DEMP pistol that attaches to the DC-17m like the AA, grenade or sniper attachments.
That okay?
If you want something meatier, you're gonna have to pack a dedicated DEMP rifle (as Brand did in our first mission).

If you want that DEMP2 that you posted, that's okay with me, but I'm presuming the different fire modes (particularly 3 to 5) suck more energy from the power pack than modes 1 or 2?

darth_phobeius
7 March 2006, 07:11 PM
I can deal with that. Just something to fry some Tinnies

Ronin
8 March 2006, 04:59 AM
You're welcome...:)
Anyone else picked up Triple Zero yet? It's now my favourite SW book...it doesn't feel so SWish, aside from the galaxy it's set in, but I really, really like it. Soon as I finish it I'll be reading it over again immediately.
Thank God for 12 hours flights :D

Rostek
8 March 2006, 01:31 PM
That may be the first time I've seen a deity invoked positively toward such a hideously long flight ;)
Haven't got the book yet, but I'll see if I can get my hands on it over spring break.

CaamasiJedi49
8 March 2006, 02:38 PM
Think you can beat my quote there Vanger? :P

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
8 March 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm busy reading Swarm War-then I'll be able to devote my Chapters time to Triple zero. Ho[pefully, by then, Rise of Lord Vader will be back in stock, and if I finish that, I'll finally be back to my status of having read every single printed canon (and lots of non-canon) SW book in existence.

I'm dead serious. To prove my point, I read the entire book list in Swarm War, to double check. Turns out I'm one Ebook short of having read 'em all to.

I read to much!

CaamasiJedi49
8 March 2006, 05:35 PM
I've read about 50 books and I still need to read about another 30-40 more before I even come close to that. :cry:

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
9 March 2006, 02:14 PM
:cry:

Don't be so sad, ol' chap. If you've read anything WEG you're one up on me. ... Well, Ok, I read half of some thin book with aliens done by WEG, but that's it.

I advise that you spend some quality time in a used book store. Make sure to read the older books first, not the newer ones. The older ones are disappearing fast.

I tell ya, I've spent half my waking hours reading something or other. The librarians used to tell me when there was a new Star Wars book in. And they always knew why there was a confused look on my face every tiem they moved the SW section.

Vanger Chevane
9 March 2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
Think you can beat my quote there Vanger? :P

CJ49
Actually, I did. Relevance. :D

Ronin
9 March 2006, 04:20 PM
Last chance for me to update (for two weeks!) is tonight...get your posts in quick and I might be able to move things along tonight...

PsychoInfiltrator
9 March 2006, 04:23 PM
Rats. I have next week offschool-I was hoping to do alot of Roleplaying.

CaamasiJedi49
9 March 2006, 04:50 PM

Actually, I did. Relevance. :D

Hey, mine was relevant.....sorda...... :P. I tell you though, its hard finding sites with quotes with quotes that really work into what im typing about. Any good sites you guys know of.

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
9 March 2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I got 1900 Ltin phrases form one, and some have to do with catapults and leaving children on windswept crags. But other than that...

PS: I sure wish I would remember to include a quote when posting!

darth_phobeius
9 March 2006, 07:01 PM
I got it yesterday and started reading it.
So far I have everything else read (Including WEG stuff) except Rise of Lord Vader and Outbound which I consider pretty good since I am in Iraq and it is difficult to get books.
Can't wait to finish it though to impliment it.

Ronin
10 March 2006, 05:06 AM
I finished Triple Zero today...fantastic! Hopefully there'll be another ;)
Plus as a bonus there's the short Omega Squad story Targets at the back (which chronologically comes before Triple Zero but nevermind:rolleyes: ) and an excerpt from the first Legacy of the Force book (which was very short and told me absolutely nothing).

I'm only gonna do quotes at the start of mission section now, myself. Got a good one (I think) for the start of the mission proper.

Oh, and I just wondered (kinda late)...why are your commandoes named what their named?? (Some I know why, but not all)

CaamasiJedi49
10 March 2006, 06:38 AM
I got Papi from an underclassmen from my high school last year. His last name was literally Papi, and I thought it would be cool to use. And thats my story.

CJ49

Vanger Chevane
10 March 2006, 02:17 PM
Also, IIRC only Johnny gave Dutch:clonetpr: Read/Write and Speak Mando'a....but we can consider that he's teaching the rest of you ;)
I figured that'd be a class, if not Race (Human Fett Clone) skill. ;)

Each and every one of the Hard Contact Commandos are adept with Mando'A, and you'd learn at least some phrases from the Mandalorian Training Sergeants and your fellow clones.

darth_phobeius
10 March 2006, 08:45 PM
Gig does not speak Mandalorian because his training Sergeant was not Mandalorian but a human (non-Manda) combat slicer from Ord Mandel that had worked for Jango for a long time as his computer expert and was hired to train Commando Combat Slicers. Gig was trained in the regular commando tactics then went to an advance combat slicer course to learn the in and outs of electronic espionage and information warfare. His training Sergeant's Name was Jakcin Torvo. He also did not get along with Kal Skirata and tried to stay away from things that Kal did with the Commandos so Gig never learned Mandalorian but feels the need to learn because he feels that it make a gap with his brothers that he holds Sergeant Torvo responsible for.
Gig is from Gigabit which was a name given to him from Torvo also to make sure that it was not a Manda name. Needless to say that Torvo was there for his expertise and not his personality. Gig wished he could have spent more time with Sergeant Kal like his other brothers but likes the world of computers. He has mainly done solo missions till now which has not given him much time to bond with other clones.

PsychoInfiltrator
11 March 2006, 07:32 AM
Dart is named after the weapon, when flying, he goes fast, soemtimes spins witohut warning, prefers straight lines, and dares to beleive he could hit a dartboard with turbolaser cannon.

As soemwhat of a coincidence, when Dart hits his target, he likes makign holes in it.

I toyed with giving him proficiency with wrist rockets, but ran out of feats.

johnnyputrid
16 March 2006, 07:40 PM
Hey folks, looks like I'm back, and hopefully for good this time. I'm settled in at Fort Hood, Texas for the time being, but I'll probably be heading off to Iraq in either late August or early September.No big deal there however, since apparantly my new job consists of issuing parts from a warehouse which will be guarded by a contingent of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (that's the US Marines for all of you civilians out there).

I just bought a new laptop (thanks to the $10k bonus the Army hooked me up with) and my wi-fi connection seems to be running smoothly, so I've got no more excuses to not post. If anyone is in the market for a new portable, I highly recommend the new Sony Viao's. They are top-notch, so far as I can tell.

Anyways, Dutch, that lovable raspy-voiced hand-to-hand guru, is named for the Old Corellian word d'utch, which literally translates as 'tough thing'. Since Sergeant Aricoza is half-Corellian, half-Coruscanti, and comes from a long line of Old Corellian farm folk, that's how the nickname came about. Of course I completely made up the word d'utch, but since nobody has ever bothered to write up too many Old Corellian words, I just took the liberty.

And the only reason he knows Mando'a is because Aricoza had enough respect for Fett's heritage to see that his trainees learned at least the basics of the language. But Dutch actually prefers Basic, and only speaks Mando'a during ceremonies and special events (like Mandalorian keg parties and weiner roasts.).:D

Rostek
16 March 2006, 09:30 PM
Stiev was so named because I've always wanted a badass SW character named "Steve", but decided that I had to "Star Wars" the name up a bit to make it decently palatable- so sue me! :P
I figured that "Stiev" is a fairly common human name, and was recieved by this clone as his Sarge gave common names to all of his boys so they would be more "normal" and "human" to him.

Good to see you're back, jp- good luck in Iraq, keep your head down and your ass covered (quoted from a classmate of mine- one of several who have been shipped off with the Iowa National Guard).

Vanger Chevane
17 March 2006, 02:27 PM
Good to hear you're around again JP, and roughly in the area.

I spent 2 miserable months in knee+ deep mud at Hood just prior to my "Gubmint Plan Vacation" to Saudi. Hope you like cold rain...a lot. :P

darth_phobeius
17 March 2006, 08:38 PM
I spent the time, when I was not deployed saving the world one terrorist at a time, out of the six years of active service stationed at the Hood. It's not that bad. You just have to get away from there and off the post. FYI for you gaming needs there is a decent place on Hood Street outside the East Gate.

Ronin
21 March 2006, 02:05 AM
Hello troops! :)

Haven't been able to check the net from my parent's place (my dad's PC has netscape communicator and is generally ancient)...just staying at a mate's place and on his PC now.
I'll be back in the land of the raisin bun this saturday and, jetlag permitting, updating all my games etc over the weekend. :)

CaamasiJedi49
21 March 2006, 04:13 AM
Hizzah!!!

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
21 March 2006, 02:56 PM
I second the cheer!!!

Errrr...

HUZZAH!!!!x2

He probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash if Count Dooku himself simply fell from the ceiling and started carving holes in the walls with his lightsaber.

Don't give Ronin any more ideas than he laready has. Let him use his own creativity. It's 1 stick us, and we're outnumbered.
;)

Ronin
25 March 2006, 04:20 AM
Me? Creative?! Not in this game!
Mission One was Black Hawk Down...this intro section for Mission Two is...erm...best not tell you yet...and later...well...

Anyway.
I've updated the attachment in the first post of this OOC thread. Just gathering more stuff together so it's easy for everyone to get at.
A couple of points:
i. I've statted mark II and mark III Katarn armour (no big changes really, +1DR and mark III is matt black) which will be available once we get into the mission proper.
ii. Having never played Republic Commando personally I asked Terras about the DC-17m's attachments and whether or not you can fire the main blaster barrel when the AA or grenade attachments are on...Terras (IIRC) informed me that you can't...
not that anyone's put an attachment on yet...

(there'll also be a shed load of other gear including the Z-6 rotary, cip-quads, verp sniper rifles, RPGs and other rocket launchers to come).

coldskier0320
25 March 2006, 11:02 AM
The PEP would be nice in this situation...durn....:P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 March 2006, 05:02 PM
Me? Creative?! Not in this game!
Mission One was Black Hawk Down...this intro section for Mission Two is...erm...best not tell you yet...and later...well...

Well, if we all manage to make it to the control center, onl to find out the door's locked shut, and the mechanism software is re-writng itself, then a dry male voice out of nowheres says "Sorry, I cannot do that Dave. Dave?" I'm personally gonna fly to your residence, and flail you with a blow/puffer fish :P j/k.... :D

As for the AA attachments and stuff, save for the rifle & sniper modes, ingame, these litterally replace the regular rifle firing barrel.

Think of the DC-17m as just a: stock, handgrip w/ trigger, and firing mechanism body. And its the barrels that are inter-changable.

darth_phobeius
25 March 2006, 06:36 PM
Gig would make Hal his *****
Teach him to sit up and beg and roll over. All that neat stuff.
Actually I am just talking out my arse. Ignore me.

Ronin
25 March 2006, 09:03 PM
Ah yes: the PEP!
I'll make sure I add that to your armoury too.

And, as Terras says: the barrel attachments (sniper/AA/grenade/PEP) replace the DC-17m's blaster-fire while attached.

Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven

I'm personally gonna fly to your residence, and flail you with a blow/puffer fish :P j/k.... :D

For free?! Ooooh! I know places where you have to pay top yen to get service like that! ;)

Ronin
26 March 2006, 11:40 PM
For Deuce and God to get clear lines of fire to the remaining canned ham, Gig, Papi and/or Dart are gonna have to take a knee or go prone...

darth_phobeius
26 March 2006, 11:57 PM
Gig will take the prooffered prone position because he works at Inatech and is a big pussy. ; )

CaamasiJedi49
27 March 2006, 05:29 AM
But technically they moved forward......I ordered Deuce and god at the corner of the room, while I, Gig and Dart stayed behind to gleam info from the still living Yinchorri.

CJ49

Vanger Chevane
27 March 2006, 05:03 PM
And we now have the Obligatory Aliens / Sci-Fi-Horror Flick Straggler.

Random Victim has arrived. :P

Ronin
28 March 2006, 06:34 AM
Random Victim has arrived. :P

I can neither confirm nor deny that accusation! No comment. :D

Okay...Sigmas:
To clear things up.
Two hostiles came round the corner.
Gig/Dart/Papi's combined fire took down the lead Yinchorri (but didn't kill it).
The second one is alive, well, and about to return fire.

Gig has gone prone to fire on this last Yinchorri and to give Deuce a clear shot.
Deuce and Gig have stated that they're firing on the last hostile to take him down. Papi and Dart are doing likewise?

And has anyone seen Max???

CaamasiJedi49
28 March 2006, 08:14 AM
Yes. Now this makes a lot more sense. You completely lost me before with your correction.

CJ49

Edit: I forgot when I last saw max, but it was sometime after he posted here in this thread on the site. My memory is hazy though, I could be wrong.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 March 2006, 11:39 AM
Nope, havn't seen Max online or around. Taking a wild guess he's busy with life.

Ronin
28 March 2006, 05:02 PM
Well, that's everyone but Max posted, so I'll try to update tonight if possible, or ASAP.

darth_phobeius
28 March 2006, 08:39 PM
I leave for a three week R&R tomorrow so my posting will be down to a once a week or so because of the games I am running having to be updated and such along with the two I am playing in.
Talk to you all later.

Ronin
30 March 2006, 05:49 PM
Johnny put forth the suggestion that we do allow criticals for grenades (20)...since it may be easy to target the square (Defence 10), but then you need a 20 to Threaten (not easy!) and still need to confirm it versus the enemy's Defence (not the Defence of the square!).
Plus, grenades are bloody dangerous. :)

My vote is "yes".
What say you?

(Quick poll please, it affects Johnny's actions this turn ;) )

coldskier0320
30 March 2006, 05:55 PM
Sure, why not?

Rostek
30 March 2006, 06:26 PM
Cool with me.

CaamasiJedi49
30 March 2006, 07:26 PM
why not? Sure.

CJ49

PsychoInfiltrator
31 March 2006, 04:16 AM
Fine by me.

(Why doesn't Johhny just target an individual with the grenade? No reflex save for half damage!)

johnnyputrid
31 March 2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
Fine by me.

(Why doesn't Johhny just target an individual with the grenade? No reflex save for half damage!)

You can't target individuals with an grenade, according to the rules. It makes sense too, since hitting a moving, dodging target with a little thing like a grenade is very tough. Easier to just toss it next to 'em. My only beef with the established rules is that grenades don't inflict criticals. Pure BS, IMO. What is the point of throwing a grenade at an enemy if it can't kill him?

Thankfully, our illustrious GM sees things like realistically.

Rostek
31 March 2006, 08:50 AM
I might append the crit rule by not having the grenade go directly to WP, but instead do double damage (like in the OCB), as a grenade critical would ostensibly mean that the target(s) was/were hit by an unusually high amount of concussion and shrapnel, as opposed to being hit in a vunerable and critical area by a single shot. It might be more fair esp. given that a grenade crit could potentially (and given the dice being rolled, would almost certainly) kill everything in the blast radius. Double damage will still probably kill most of what's in the radius, but allows for DR and varying VP/WP to give a varying result.

Thoughts?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 March 2006, 12:19 PM
^ what rostek said... That makes sense... double damage to vp/wp minus dr, vs straight to wp (almost garunteed death)

PsychoInfiltrator
31 March 2006, 02:20 PM
You can't target individuals with an grenade, according to the rules. It makes sense too, since hitting a moving, dodging target with a little thing like a grenade is very tough. Easier to just toss it next to 'em. My only beef with the established rules is that grenades don't inflict criticals. Pure BS, IMO. What is the point of throwing a grenade at an enemy if it can't kill him?

Actually, I've been told that you can. I don't remember where they said it is(in the RCR, which I don't own), but basically you target an individual, the blast radius works liek normal, only the target doesn't get to make a reflex save.

I think someone in BoRB mentioned it awhile back-that's the most recent mentioning of it that I know of.

Anyways, I like what Rostek said.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 March 2006, 06:40 PM
Well, technically either way - if yer getting low on vp and being too close to a grenade exploding, yer about as good as gone anyways with the double damage... Though at least you still have a slim chance which is better than no chance at all for regular damage going straight to WP....

And I know for a fact, rolling a pair of 20's happens as often as a pair of 1's - almost always happens just when you don't want it...

about the targeting someone / something with a grenade ... I'd say that all depends wether the grenade has a few seconds timed delay and release pin (allowing it to bounce or richette), or detonates on impact.

I dunno about grenades for this - only know from most games theres usually a throw/ secondary fire mode option. Although I suppose, if the throw is long / far enough, the grenade would explode just as it reached the target...

johnnyputrid
31 March 2006, 07:24 PM
Good enough for me. Though the chances of scoring a crit are slim, Dutch is going to frag the big lizard anyway. If anything, it'll tick him off.:)

Uron Teff
1 April 2006, 12:24 AM
Here is just the friendly lurker who tries to quote the Revised Core Rulebook:
As far as I can see it, the Revised Core Rulebook says on page 165 that a grenade cannot affect a single target. It only affects a square. Furthermore most grenades are impact detonating (except for Thermal Detonators which have a Delay Setting variable from 6 to 18 seconds and a Dead-Man switch).

That's what the Revised Core Rulebook says, Psych.

But despite what the rulebook says, I like your "new" Dn.... Star Wars grenade rule. :D

And BTW keep on the good stuff. I want to read more about maiming and crippling especially if some Clones are involved (I leave it to your imagination how you interpret this statement).

Won't bother you any longer. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 April 2006, 12:29 AM
cool! we've got an audience ;)

viewers and readers are always welcome (as well as fan comments) :)

johnnyputrid
1 April 2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Here is just the friendly lurker who tries to quote the Revised Core Rulebook:
As far as I can see it, the Revised Core Rulebook says on page 165 that a grenade cannot affect a single target. It only affects a square. Furthermore most grenades are impact detonating (except for Thermal Detonators which have a Delay Setting variable from 6 to 18 seconds and a Dead-Man switch).

This is true. However, if there's only 1 guy in the square...

Anyways, nice to know we've got at least one fan! Uh, besides ourselves, that is.:)

Ronin
1 April 2006, 01:05 AM
Well, if grenades were impact detonated, then you could shoot/throw it at an enemy as opposed to targeting the square.

Hmm...
okay.
i. are we all agreed on grenade criticals doing double damage?
ii. what about for stun grenades? Double the Fort DC? :D
iii. allow grenades to target individuals? But if you miss it's very likely to go sailing past at the GM's (evil) discretion :rolleyes:

Rostek
1 April 2006, 01:23 AM
Well, if grenades were impact detonated, then you could shoot/throw it at an enemy as opposed to targeting the square.

Hmm...
okay.
i. are we all agreed on grenade criticals doing double damage?
ii. what about for stun grenades? Double the Fort DC? :D
iii. allow grenades to target individuals? But if you miss it's very likely to go sailing past at the GM's (evil) discretion :rolleyes:

I think we all remember what happens when someone flubs a grenade-related roll which then proceeds to GM license **cough** Terras **cough** (:P).

I vote "nay" on individual targeting grenades. It's theoretically possible, but obscenely difficult to do and, frankly, we don't need the temptation ;)

Ronin
1 April 2006, 01:57 AM
Okay :D
What about proposition 2 though? Stun grenades...double DC? Half Fort SV?

johnnyputrid
1 April 2006, 06:39 AM
Stunners work fine for the most part. Maybe we could up the Fort DCs a point or two to deal with high Fort save enemies (think of it as a Merr-Sonn C-10 Mk II Stun grenade), but no big deal. With stunners, the enemy either gets KO'd or stunned, which is exactly what should happen.

Its the lethal grenades that didn't seem designed right. Double damage for the lethal ones seems an OK fix.

Ronin
3 April 2006, 04:28 AM
Everyone okay with this:

Double damage for grenade criticals?
(No change to stunners, no targeting individuals).

Say "Yes Ronin"...then I'll update the Post#1 attachment if you all agree.

Rostek
3 April 2006, 04:29 AM
Javor, mein herr!

johnnyputrid
3 April 2006, 04:30 AM
(Ronin waves hand)

"Yes, Ronin."

CaamasiJedi49
3 April 2006, 07:14 AM
Da Ronin.

CJ49

coldskier0320
3 April 2006, 10:18 AM
Oui, Monsieur Ronin.

Vanger Chevane
3 April 2006, 02:23 PM
(Waves Hand) You didn't read that. :P

I hadn't posted as I don't disagree and saw no reason to post a "me too" till someone insisted.

So...me too. ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
3 April 2006, 02:39 PM
tuck, Ronin.

(phonetically spelt Polish for "Yes, Ronin."

Ronin
4 April 2006, 07:16 AM
Some comedy relief for the troops...
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1580

PsychoInfiltrator
4 April 2006, 02:17 PM
Nice. I'll be sure to drop a giant hammer out the gunship on the Droideca messing with my bros. ;)

Ronin
4 April 2006, 04:51 PM
Terras, Vanger, Darth, Cold, Max, post post-haste if you please!

(I think the Sigmas are waiting on Gig's spotting of the nasties...)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2006, 09:20 PM
*shrugs sheepishly* ehhh, was waiting on Sarge ;)

ok, i'll post!

ooh btw, am reading Triple Zero now! read the first 90 pages today. just couldn't put the book down!

Ronin
5 April 2006, 07:19 AM
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1495

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 April 2006, 01:15 PM
gawd.... that's truly tastless Ronin....

Just for that.... What Is Jedi Academy Love? (http://whatisja.ytmnd.com/)

Or try on Fett's Vette (http://vnfiles.ign.com/starwars/movies/ws_fettsvette.wmv) for size... (37mb file, best saved to harddisk then played)

Btw, picked up reading Triple Zero again... Just a few more pages turned into 3:30am and another 100 pages later ... I'm really hoping it becomes a nice serries of books like the X-wing serries.

PsychoInfiltrator
5 April 2006, 01:43 PM
My eyes. tired...oh so tired...

Spent soem time at Chapters, got a obok on hold at the library:

Finished every book but triple0-on page 266. Too many shapeshifters!

Ronin
7 April 2006, 07:00 AM
Well, I think we're all agreed on double damage for grenade criticals (?).

Also, with the release of the latest Jedi Councilling, I wanna go over which errata we're using, agree on it all, and add that into the attachment in the first post of this thread so all our reference material is in one place.

So...what're we using?

Rostek
7 April 2006, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, I like the new weapons handling rules quite a bit from this current JC (feels more "real" to me), as do the object dropping rules in 63. Adding the field stealth generator from 81 could be cool, but potentially unbalancing (:P).
I think we're all using the TechSpec modifacation in 77, and I think it would be appropriate to incorperate the Weapons Focus tree varient rule in 73, given our eclectic tendancies and requirements.

That covers the last twenty or so- anyone else want to wade through the rest of them? :)

johnnyputrid
7 April 2006, 12:20 PM
its nice that they are finally looking at variation for non-Force related abilities. Some of the last few Force-related ones were a bit over the top if you ask me.

Anyway, I like the 'one-handed weapon wielded in two hands' (add Dex bonus x 1.5 when using a pistol w/2 hands) variant a lot. That should definately be a keeper, as well as the new variation on stun effects and the 'Weapon Focus Swap' from JC 73.

The 'retractable stock' one is good too, but I disagree with part of it. Collapsing the stock on a blaster carbine or rifle should not enable you to wield it one handed without penalty. Those weapons are designed to be fired with two-hands. The munchkins out there will soon be dual-wielding DC-15s' and E-11s left and right. The part about cutting the range penalty in half when firing with the stock collapsed is good though. For example, it is very difficult to get a good, steady sight picture on an M4A1 (the short version of the M16) when the stock is collapsed.

I really don't like the idea of adding 1.5x your Dex bonus to Defense for using a one-handed weapon with nothing in the off hand. It just seems too much like a feat or a class feature. This hinders TWFs even more, and gives too much of an edge to single weapon users.

One thing I use (and it part of it was mentioned in the SWRPG FAQ) is that having Weapon Focus with a certain weapon allows you to:
a) Holster a weapon as a free action using Quick Draw
b) Extend/collpase a stock as a free action
c) Make improvised melee attacks with the weapon at a -3 penalty (the usual -4 penalty, +1 for having WF; damage is 1d4 for small, 1d6 for medium, 1d8 for large, no criticals unless you have MA)
d) Make AoOs with the weapon as an improvised melee attack (i.e pistol whips, rifle butts, etc.) as in C.

Other than that, most of the variations WotC comes out with really only appliy towards Jedi and Force-users. :(

PsychoInfiltrator
7 April 2006, 02:00 PM
What do you expect, after all, it is Jedi Counseling. Anyways...

a) Holster a weapon as a free action using Quick Draw
b) Extend/collpase a stock as a free action
c) Make improvised melee attacks with the weapon at a -3 penalty (the usual -4 penalty, +1 for having WF; damage is 1d4 for small, 1d6 for medium, 1d8 for large, no criticals unless you have MA)
d) Make AoOs with the weapon as an improvised melee attack (i.e pistol whips, rifle butts, etc.) as in C.

I'd go with.

Optional Rule: Using Ranged Weapons in Two Hands

Yes, defiantely. I'll stay on the fence for the Def one.

I'd also go with the errata in 86, and the Eweb stuff in 85.

Because of the unbalancing aspect of the field genrator in 81, I don't like it, but I do like the Mandolorian iron/armor stuff just below it.

The TS of 77 is a given, IMO.

I like 63's grenade dropping variant.

And I jsut plain dislike the Weapon Focus rules.

I also like this from 72:

Hyperspace Travel Time: When using Table 11-3: Hyperspace Travel Time, divide the base travel time by three. For example, going from one Core World planet to another would have a base time of 2 hours, and going from the Core to the Outer Rim would have a base time of 32 hours.

Also, in 80, I tihnk we should take the AAT and Droideca stuff, but stick with 26's ruling on personal ion weapons. I also liek the optional maiming rule of 71.

Oh-and by no means was I thorough when I went thorugh. Just randomly clicked on archived JCs.

PS: Boy am I opinionated! ;)

Ronin
7 April 2006, 03:36 PM
Okay, keep 'em coming gents!

If I can, this weekend I'll wade through your suggestions, plus as much of JC as I myself can go through, and give my GM's stamp to what's necessary...post it here and put it in the Post#1 attachment.

coldskier0320
7 April 2006, 03:42 PM
Well call me a spoilsport, but, given my way, I probably wouldn't include any errata. It usually just annoys me. That said, however, I'm not opposed to anything you guys come up with, so I'll just wait for the dust to settle and accept whatever is decided. :)

PsychoInfiltrator
7 April 2006, 03:54 PM
Ronin: Warning: I tried to read through JC back when it was in its 40s. It takes an awfully long time. Also, one thing to keep in mind are that some of Sarli's rulings, specifically ones that override previous JCs, are purely his personal opinion, and don't really seem to come from a realistic SW logic-stream.

Remember that JC is to make the SWRPG more realistic and SWsy, not to remove (IMHO) realistc JC introduced exceptions to existing rules, for example. (As in the ion personal weapons thing I noted previously)

Ronin
8 April 2006, 08:26 PM
Okay, the attachment in Post#1 of this thread now contains (#buggle#):

i. Character creation guidelines (but did we eventually go with a 35 point buy?)

ii. House rules (all 3 of them IIRC)

iii. Ronin's Counseling (60 hull for Droid starfighters, and a better IMO representation of the AAT)

iv. Weapons profiles (now including the LJ-50 conc rifle. This section will be expanded when we get to the briefing for the full mission)

v. My pick of the Jedi Counselings that I think we should implement or already are. Please read through these and check me on this! ;) Thanks to Johnny for compiling all the relevant JC's....and I edited out a couple I didn't think we need. I left in the new one about autofire since, as I see it, it only really applies if you're using a rifle in each hand or anything bigger than a light repeater unsupported/unbraced. But I repeat: please DL the zip file and check me on all this.

Psych: can you DL zips okay or should I email you the text?

Ronin
8 April 2006, 10:52 PM
And, Johnny has taken another look at our weapons stats:
The sniper attachment's damage has been increased.
The AA attachment replaces the main blaster fire function (as does the sniper attachment).
The grenade launcher attachment is an underbarrel weapon and so doesn't interfere with the blaster, but it is a single-shot-per-turn weapon (I think that's better than a full-round action Johnny, otherwise we'd have to do the same with the AA).
Other Republic Commando weapons have been statted...including Johnny's take on the Conc rifle: as a heavy weapon. I actually like this version better than mine...

Basically, take a look, give your comments and if they get the go-ahead then I'll incorporate them into the Post#1 attachment.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 April 2006, 12:13 AM
Dude.... what about the gatling attachment for the Deece? ;) Thats the one thing that'd make Chiiko a possible Deece convert ;)

Ronin
9 April 2006, 12:18 AM
Don't push your luck! :D

Rostek
9 April 2006, 12:36 AM
How about an Ion attachment? That seems like something of a logical addition to the DC's attachment array.

Ronin
9 April 2006, 12:51 AM
There was one back in post 164:

DC-17m DEMP attachment
Cost: NAFS
Damage: 3d6 (droids and electrics)
Weight: 1.0 kg
Stun Fort DC: N/A
Size: Small

But I'll totally update the attachment (there's a lot of rearranging and new stuff to put in (PEP for the DC17m too, that I wanna do)...everything should be ship shape by Tuesday...:rolleyes:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 April 2006, 01:56 AM
*yawns* ... finally finished Triple Zero! woot! was worth stayin up ;)

anyone else pleading and hoping it'll be a continued serries? its got potential to become like the x-wing serries... sw really need more books like this that feature all new main characters, not the same ol' skywalker lineage.... anakin this, luke that.... :p

Ronin
9 April 2006, 02:04 AM
Indeed!
It really does seem like Kal and his Nulls are after (SPOILER), so I really hope there'll be more books in the series.

I've finished writing the PEP laser, ion attachment, and compiling (I think) all the new (non WotC book) weapons and stuff that's gonna be available to you, so now I'm gonna (again!) update the Post#1attachment.
Hopefully for the last time :rolleyes: