PDA

View Full Version : You know you're getting old when.........

Fehya
6 January 2006, 05:35 PM
Can you believe the newest member to our group is younger than my first (and still used, just finished our Xmas game) character.

Darth Fierce
7 January 2006, 08:06 AM
If I understand you right, you're saying your PC is older than the newest gamer to your group?

Sure...I can believe that. Why not? I was supposed to have a PC in her sixties in an adventure that never panned out, and I'm only about half that age.

Or are you saying that you've been using this particular PC longer than the newest gamer has been alive?

Darth Fierce :vader:

Jan Tolbara
7 January 2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
Or are you saying that you've been using this particular PC longer than the newest gamer has been alive?

That is the impression I get from his statement.

Fehya
7 January 2006, 01:55 PM
The character in question was created late 1987, that means I've been playing her on and off for about 18 and a half years.
The newest member to our group is still only 17 (actual age) at the moment.

Jedi_Shadow
8 January 2006, 06:26 AM
That is another story. I had misunderstood you, and thought that the age of your first character (on his sheet) was older than one of your players. That's common.

But to have a character that you started playing before the other person was born... WOW! Just think what would happen if you got in an argument over rules or something...

"I've been playing this game since before you were born!"

Santa Claws
9 January 2006, 01:29 AM
Thats remember me about my first character i start to play in `76, its was a dwarf warrior in the D&D settings.....
I play it for nearly 10 years every week...
H... S...., i lost the some of the papers of his story...

gmjabreson
19 January 2006, 08:21 AM
that's really awesome to be using a character for so long, that is almost like the campaign i've been running for the last five years, with many more wonderful years to come:)

And yet with fans like us, the wonderful Great Company in the Sky can't see to produce more books for us to use. The only reason I don't have all the books they made is cause I was in transit from country to country alot and what's available one place isn't at the other, and when you get back, its out of date. I still have a lot of them, just not going to pay the asking price for the one's I'm missing. Wife would string me up by my vitals if I spent about $100 on a book.

Ubiqtorate
23 January 2006, 07:31 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool, man. My first character was started in about 1990, but I haven't played him since about 1996. I've been thinking about starting a campaign playing his son, though. The ironic thing is that if the "son" had been born at about the time I started playing the character, he'd be about the age now where I had planned to start playing him. One of our regular players recently brought his son into our game, though... okay, the kid's seven months old, and he doesn't really "play." He just makes noise. We're teaching him while he's still young, though. Too old to begin the training he is not.

gmjabreson
24 January 2006, 03:36 AM
I believe that is the best time to start on the training he will need to be a good gamemaster for his generation of players. Here's to the future Gamemasters and many generations of the Star Wars Role Playing Game.

21 Blaster Cannon Salute to ya.

Ubiqtorate
24 January 2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah, with our luck the kid will probably grow up to be a jock or something and hate Star Wars... naw, I think we've got him started on the right track.

Sithspawn
26 January 2006, 01:14 AM
I started role-playing in 1988, yep, WEG Star Wars. And I too still use some of those original characters. And boy have some developed in that time.

A couple of guys in our group have played D&D since the 70's. The newest member is 20 and heavily into D&D. Whenever he tries to show off his D&D knowledge he soon gets knocked down with obscure 70's D&D references from the others. B)

Ubiqtorate
27 January 2006, 09:14 AM
Ah, the joys of having the obscure knowledge to put newbies in their place... :D

Darth Albeehotep
13 February 2006, 08:32 PM
hey jocks play rpgs too you know
Was playing long before i ever stepped on a football field in high school.
started when i was 9 thanks to a friend of my brothers and that was 28 years ago (christ im an antique !!!!!)
still playing with my buddies every saturday and i'm a grandpa know and plan on passing it on to my grandson.B) B) B) :D