PDA

View Full Version : Genosis:The Return (jedi ooc)

olineisfine
15 January 2006, 10:54 AM
ok heres the ooc post anything you want clarified or what have you including stats and backstories for characters in here.

ThierryD
15 January 2006, 01:30 PM
Well I emailed my charactersheet and background already I am ready to play.

olineisfine
15 January 2006, 01:57 PM
fine, but i was kinda assuming you were gonna make a padawan, but whatever.

ThierryD
15 January 2006, 01:59 PM
You said lvl 6-8, I thought you meant it was up to us I can change my character if you want me to.

olineisfine
15 January 2006, 02:13 PM
o sorry about that, its fine we have other players who might join, leave it as is and post in the ic whenever your ready, sorry i didnt respond to you earlier, i was out picking up my new puppy.

ThierryD
15 January 2006, 02:31 PM
How do I introduce my character?

olineisfine
15 January 2006, 03:13 PM
well, my character, jawnus is in the jedi temple, researching the sith in the library so you could do something involving my character, if you want.

Luna-Wolf
15 January 2006, 04:30 PM
hey real quick, at a friends house. ill post my char tomarrow, can we assume he got injured do while guarding a senator who was assinated by seps?

Luna-Wolf
15 January 2006, 04:31 PM
oh, and i should be back by tues/ wensday

Koreas Drumm
16 January 2006, 04:46 PM
OK, so is that as a Backstory thing? Or what?

Here's my character...

Aric Qel-Droma
Aric was taken into the Jedi temple on Dantooine after he was abandoned by his parents. He was taken into an orphanage where it was noticed that he had strange powers. The wards of the orphanage were surprised when Aric told them that he could tell what the other children were feeling. Now, he couldn't read their minds per-se, but he could feel their emotions. The headmaster of the orphanage took him in front of the Jedi council on Dantooine and he was taken on as a Padawan learner by a Zabrak named Aan Zareesh. Master Zareesh taught him in the ways of the Force and honed his Padawan's ability to feel emotions.
Fate seemed to be kind to Aric, but it would not stay so kind. On a mission to an unnamed planet Aric figured out his real identity and what the lineage of the Qel-Dromas really meant. His progenitors Ulic and Duron had both been killed as Force users. Ulic fell to the dark side and Duron was killed by a Terentatek on the Sith home world of Korriban. It was on this unnamed world that Aric found the Qel-Droma cloak that he is rarely seen without. Aric was adamant that he would not fall to the dark-side like his predecessor Ulic. He has strove to follow in the footsteps of Duron Qel-Droma, a Jedi hunter.
When Aric's master died at the hands of a group of bounty hunters, he became consumed in grief. His Master was the only one who had really cared for him and he went into a quiet meditative state. When he came out, he was transformed. His Force abilities had become amazing and his combat prowess exceptional. It was only a matter of time before the council decided to grant him the title of Knight.
When the call from Coruscant came for Jedi to aid in the assault of Geonosis Aric was sent along with a few other Jedi to help stem the tide of Separatists.

His Stats are:
Aric Qel-Droma
Male human Jedi Guardian 7;
Init +2 (Dex);
Defense 18 (+6 class +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m; VP/Wp 67/17;
Atk +10/+5 melee (3d8+1/19-20, lightsaber) or +9/+4 ranged; SQ Deflect(Defense +1); Deflect(attack-4); Deflect(Extend Defense and Attack); Sv Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +6: SZ M: FP 7; DSP 0; Rep +2;

Str: 17 +3
Dex: 15 +2
Con: 17 +3
Int: 15 +2
Wis: 15 +2
Cha: 13 +1

Equipment: Lightsaber*, Jedi Robes, utility belt, Qel Droma cloak, Blaster Pistol, comlink, macro binoculars.
*Aric Qel-Droma has constructed his own lightsaber.

Skills: Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +12, Craft (Lightsaber) +12.

Force Skills: Battlemind +15(mettle), Empathy +17(compassion) (skill focus), Farseeing +12, Force Strike +12.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Force Sensitive.

Force Feats: Alter, Compassion, Control, Dissipate Energy, Mettle, Sense, Skill Emphasis (Empathy)

olineisfine
16 January 2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure Qel-Droma is a thing of knoledge. i would suggest that you change it.

Koreas Drumm
16 January 2006, 07:28 PM
Alright, I'll change it to Craft Lightsaber...

Koreas Drumm
17 January 2006, 07:51 AM
I have two suggestions.

1) We should stop making OOC posts in the IC. If we don't have any IC, but want to say something OOC, we should post it here. That way the flow will be better.

2) I was thinking about our different characters, and I had a neat idea for different PrCs for all of us.

Qwel would make a great Jedi Ace, he has a high Dex. I know that he doesn't have any piloting skills whatsoever, but if you spent most of/all of your skill points on it for the next level or two, and picked up a few feats, I'm sure that he'd be an Ace in no time!

Shon is already a Weapons Master, which is good.

I was thinking about making Aric a Jedi Redeemer in a few levels, and my Idea for Jawnus was for him to become an Investigator.

ThierryD
17 January 2006, 09:08 AM
Hey all I just sent onlineisfine an update background via his hotmail account.

Shon Qel-Droma was born of the ancient Jedi line of the Qel-Dromas. Taken to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine where he learned about the Force and the way of the Jedi. He came to the attention of the instructors early because his exceptional strength in the Force. Trained as a Guardian he showed vast potential and was selected to train with the academy’s weapon masters to hone his skills.
Shon has shown that he has the ability to become a great Jedi but not the opportunity. Consistently pushes his limits wanting to be among the best the Jedi have. He has been described as an over achiever by his peers at the academy.

Shon study martial arts from one of the academy’s ground keepers who was an old soldier. Shon proved to be a gifted student.

His test for Knighthood was to enter an old cave that was rich in crystals, ideal for a lightsaber, and retrieve 3. He came back 4 days latter bruised, cut and with a bad limp but completed his task. The final part of his test was to selected 1 of the 3 crystals, and make his lightsaber. He chose a rust colored one when asked why he stated he felt call him.

As a Jedi Knight Shon continued his training as a Weapons Master until he was sent to find Master Jawnus.

Talassian
17 January 2006, 01:29 PM
I sent olineisfine my character sheet via his hotmail account. Here is my backstory for every on else.
His name is Talassian. He was born in the outer rim(forgot name for the moment:( ) . He dosn't know anything about his parents and was raised by an old space hand on a freighter. He found at an early age that he would have terrible dreams for weeks about something bad happening and then it would. the spacer recognized this as the force and on their next stop found him a ship to the core. He worked his way from ship to ship until he ended up at the jedi temple. He was accepted as a student and studied as a gaurdian. He developed great skill with his lightsaber and found an interest in weapons both new and old. He also has a very wide range of interests. He likes to know a little bit of everything but rarly has much interest in mastering anything. His one real passion is weapons.
I know this is kind of sappy but I am makeing this up as I go allong. His stats are.

Talassian
Male Human jedi guardian 1
Init +2 (Dex)
Defense 15 (3 Class, 2 Dex)
Speed 10 meters, VP/WP 11/11, Atk +4 melee(1d8+3/19-20, lightsaber) or +3 ranged; Sv Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; SZ:M; FP 1; DSP 0; Rep +1;
Str 16 +3, Dex 15 +2, Con 13 +1, Int 16 +3, Wis 18 +4, Cha 12 +1;

equipment: lightsaber, jedirobes, comlink, All-temp Cloak, Glow Rod, macrobioculors, grappling spike launcher, medical kit

skills: Astrogate +4, Balance +3, Climb +4, Computer use +4, Craft(lightsaber) +4, Gamble +5, Intimidate +3, Jump +4, knowledge(jedilore) +4, knowledge(streetwise) +4, pilot +3, Profession(space hand) +5, survival +4, Treat injury +5, Tumble +3

Force skills: Empathy +5, Enhance Ability +4, Enhance senses +7, Farseeing +5, Friendship +2, See Force +7, Telepathy +7

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency(lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Weapon Group(Blaster pistols), Weapon Group(Simple Weapons)

Force Feats: Sense, Aware, Link

Languages: Basic

I'm off for today.

Koreas Drumm
17 January 2006, 02:01 PM
Alright. Looks good, but I would just like to point out that if you play, you can raise him to level 5. Interesting character... Oh, and by the way, for your equipment, just say that you have Jedi Robes, a Lightsaber, and a commlink. Credits and other equipment is supplied by the Jedi at the Temple.

But I really don't think that a half-hour is going to cut it...

ThierryD
17 January 2006, 02:21 PM
He can go all the way to level 6 that is the max for a padawan. It looks good over all. Did you see my NPC padawan?

Koreas Drumm
18 January 2006, 05:40 PM
Ok, just a little heads up, I caught the Flu, so I don't know when I'll check in again. NPC my character as necessary.

Koreas Drumm
19 January 2006, 02:38 PM
OK, I have some great examples of good RP. If possible I think it'd be cool for us to try and play like this.

The Threesome Menace (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17444&perpage=15&highlight=threesome&pagenumber=5)

And I'm speaking to the players. I don't expect us to be able to do that right away, but if we try to RP more... just a suggestion! That's all.

Stormrider02
19 January 2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry for the intrusion.....I just wish to add to Koreas's examples.

22nd Regiment. Eye of the Storm (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16717&highlight=22nd+Regiment)

^ If you want good RP.....you hit dirt with the 22nd Regiment.

Or fly with the fine folks of Tempest Squadron.

Tempest Squadron (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18145&highlight=Tempest+Squadron)

Tempest Squadron Part Zwei (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18789&highlight=Tempest+Squadron)

(I would suggest doing a search for a series of games know as Q:TU especially. Mercenaries, RG1,RG2, Smugglers, and Bounty Hunters..or if you like a good war campaign..especially with the Alliance..drop by Band of Rebel Brothers)

Koreas Drumm
20 January 2006, 08:37 PM
OK. I don't expect us to RP that much, since those are obviously more RP-oriented RPGs than this one, a more combat-oriented one (Which is awesome, as far as I'm concerned) but I'd like us to try and make it a little bit more like a story. That's all.

Koreas Drumm
21 January 2006, 11:24 AM
Crapola. I think that I may have interfered with the GMs business one-to-many times and made him leave. OLI!!! Please come back!!!

Rabbiddog
21 January 2006, 11:45 AM
Nah I think he just has something going on in RL. He hasn't been too active here the last week or so.

Koreas Drumm
21 January 2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. And my past experience with him tells me that he would have told us if that were true. It just seemed odd that he had posted regularly over in the 7 Sithly Sins, but hadn't posted here in days. Anyways...

ThierryD
21 January 2006, 02:29 PM
Really I would like to move along in this game I am having fun.

ThierryD
21 January 2006, 05:16 PM
"Shon Qel-Droma: Male Human Jedi Guardian 7/Jedi Weapon Master 1; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Defense +11 (+7 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 45.0380158526722/15; Atk+12/+7 melee (3d8+4/18-20, Lightsaber, personal) or +10/+5 melee (1d4+2/20, Unarmed); SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +2), Deflect (extend defense and attack), Increased lightsaber damage (+1d8); SV Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +7; SZ M; FP 8; Rep 2; Str 14, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14, Challenge Code D.

Skills: Balance+8, Bluff+4, Climb+3, Computer Use+6, Craft (lightsaber)+6, Intimidate+8, Jump+7, Knowledge (Jedi lore)+7, Knowledge (tactics)+5, Pilot+9, Tumble+10.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+6, Battlemind+12, Enhance Ability+6, Force Defense+8, Force Light+6, Force Strike+7, Heal Self+7, Move Object+9, See Force+7, Telepathy+5.

Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Martial Arts, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Mettle, Sense."

Corrected copy now his attack with lightsaber is correct

Koreas Drumm
25 January 2006, 05:29 PM
*Looks at last post date: 21 January 2006 05:29 PM*
*Looks at current post date: 25 January 2006 08:22 PM*

Why do I get the impression this is my fault?

olineisfine
25 January 2006, 05:31 PM
ok due to RL i cant run this game anymore anyone can take over if they want.

ThierryD
26 January 2006, 12:00 PM
Bummer, I don't have that level of experience yet this is only the 2nd game I ever played.

Koreas Drumm
26 January 2006, 08:05 PM
I definitely can't take over... Although this is a convenience for me, as RL makes this commitment somewhat difficult.

Koreas Drumm
28 January 2006, 07:33 AM
Well, I guess I'll post in the InfoNet to find us a new GM...

olineisfine
28 January 2006, 01:49 PM
ok new turn of events, would everyone mind a three week vacation? between school, football, and forensics I wont have time untill the last week of Febuary but after that I will be returning as Gm so dont look for a new one. GM's orders.

ThierryD
28 January 2006, 03:29 PM
What do you do?

olineisfine
28 January 2006, 05:05 PM
what do you mean what do you do?

Koreas Drumm
28 January 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm fine with a break like that. It'll be kinda' nice actually.

ThierryD
30 January 2006, 08:56 AM
What do you do, you talk about Forensics, footbal and such l

revan104
31 January 2006, 08:56 AM
hey do you guys think that i can join? I have a level 2 Guardin. I post my stats later.

Koreas Drumm
31 January 2006, 09:46 AM
Well, you'd have to level him up to 5 or 6. But real quick let me figure out just how many players we have...

EDIT: Well, we appear to have an open slot or two, but I think we have a few people who have only been communicating by PM and haven't posted yet. So go ahead and level him up and then PM me with his stats, I don't want to upset Oli during his vacation.

Rabbiddog
31 January 2006, 10:30 AM
I'm still in it. As soon as Oli starts the campaign rollin again I'll be here posting.:D

revan104
1 February 2006, 05:40 AM
Snake: Male Human Jedi Guardian 6; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 17 (+5 Class, +2 Dex); Spd. 10m, VP/WP 50/14; Atk +9/+4 (3d8 +2/ 18-20 damage, lightsaber), +8/+3 ranged; SQ Deflect (defence + 1), deflect (attack - 4), deflect (extend defense attack); SV Fort 7 Ref 7 Will 3; SZ M; FP 5, DSP 0; Rep 2; Str 14 Dex 15 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 8.

Equipment: lightsaber, comlink, Padawan robes.

Skills: Balance +4, Climb +4, Craft (lightsaber) +6, Jump +4, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +6, listen +2, Read/Write Basic, Speak Basic, Speak Ryl, Spot +2, Tumble +6

Force Skills: Affect Mind +2, Battlemind +9, Enhance Ability +7, Force Defense +1, Force Strike +5, Move Object +5, See Force +2

Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-sensitive, Improved Crticial (Lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols)

Force Feats: Alter, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Sense

Koreas Drumm
1 February 2006, 05:55 PM
OK. Just as a quick update, I'm not sure exactly how many players we have on our hands right now, so anybody who wants to create and post a character can. But since I'm not entirely sure of how many people are in, You may not get to play. At this point I think that we have enough slots for everybody, but just don't get your hopes set too high.

ThierryD
19 February 2006, 05:08 PM
It has been a while just seeing if there is an update yet.

revan104
23 February 2006, 08:44 AM
so are we doing this?

Rabbiddog
23 February 2006, 11:24 AM
i'm still in with Qwel

Koreas Drumm
23 February 2006, 04:25 PM
I am still in.

revan104
24 February 2006, 05:35 AM
i am also still in.

olineisfine
24 February 2006, 03:25 PM
ok game is back on, start posting in ic as soon as you want, but, also cant promise frequency, school is driving me up a wall.

Koreas Drumm
24 February 2006, 07:32 PM
OK, but uh, I'll be busy most likely all day on Saturday, and then of course, my regular Sunday thing, and Monday I really need to spend catching up on my Tuesday Night Programming class so... NPC me if you have too, Rabid gets the honor if GM doesn't want it.

Parmenter
26 March 2006, 06:55 PM
I'm a new padawan joining up. Here's the character.

Di Loran: Female Miraluka Jedi Consular 5; Init +3 (+1 Dex, +2 Species Bonus); Defense +16 (+5 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 35/12; Atk +4 melee (2d8-1/19-20, Lightsaber) or +2 melee (1d3-1/20, Unarmed); SQ Deflect (attack -4), Deflect (defense +2), Deflect (extend defense and attack); SV Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +6; SZ M; FP 5; Rep 2; Str 9, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 12.

Skills: Bluff+6, Computer+8, Craft(Lightsaber)+10, Diplomacy+8, Gather Information+5, Intimidate+8, Pilot+4, Read/Write Basic, Sense Motive+8, Sleight of Hand+3, Speak Ryl, Speak Ithorese, Speak Basic, Treat Injury+6.

Force Skills: Affect Mind+9, Enhance Ability+6, Force Stealth+8, Force Strike+6, Illusion+8, Move Object+11, See Force+5, Telepathy+5.

Feats: Guiding Spirit(1st Level), Combat Expertise(2nd Level), Weapon Finesse(Lightsaber)(3rd Level), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats: Sense, Alter, Control.

Background:
Excerpts from the Diary of Di Loran

Entry 1:

It's been five years since Master Hyleon brought me here from Garqi. I miss the farm, and the Lorans. Although they weren't my real parents they did make life feel like something special. I felt like that was where I belonged. Why did they have to die?

But I must be thankful that Master Hyleon found me. I remember the day clearly. I was trying to steal some food from the marketplace. Before I could get my hand on something, I sensed I was being watched, and then I ran. I ran as fast as I could. Nevertheless, this old man caught me. He calmed me down, and asked me a bunch of questions. Afterward, he asked me if I'd like to travel with him. He has watched over me, and trained me all this time.

Entry 9:

Master Hyleon keeps telling me that control is important. But I find it very difficult. I can't keep my mind from noticing the people around me. Most have never seen my kind before, so they have a tendency to stare at my Cloth. I can feel them staring, and that makes me lose control over what I'm trying to do.

My Cloth is not the only thing that separates me from the crowd. I'm a couple years older than the rest of the students in my class. Occasionally, I become discouraged by my situation here. Whenever I do, Master Hyleon asks to meet with me. These meetings sometimes last for hours, not much is said however. First he'll ask me what is the matter, and after hearing my reply, he'll do one of two things. He'll either grab his lightsaber and have me duel with him for an hour, or he'll take a seat on his meditation stand, and ask me to join him in meditation. No matter what we do in the meeting, it always leaves me feeling refreshed, like something heavy had been lifted off my shoulders.

Entry 33:

I'm finally beginning to feel at peace. I've finally made some friends with my fellow students. Being older has made them look to me as a role model. I'm beginning to think that's why Master put me here. To show me that a Jedi has many people look up to them. So it's important to not feel bad for being singled out, but instead embrace it and use it to help those who need it. Now that I've learned control, I'm no longer struggling in class. Many of my classmates don't sense things the way that I do, so sometimes they'll come to me and ask me to instruct them in how to let the mind open up and see what can not be seen with eyes.

Sometimes I'll feel Master come into the room, while I'm instructing some of my classmates. And I'll feel his mood brighten, as he sees me doing what he'd always hoped I do, help others.

I've found I always have a talent for settling tiny disputes between some of the younger children. Ones who have yet to learn how to control themselves. I think they find me to be a good arbiter because they feel that I can't judge them by how they look. I don't know of anyone here who would judge them that way, but I guess my Cloth makes them trust me more.

Entry 65:

Master Hyleon has informed me that he must leave. He has somewhere that he needs to be, and I cannot join him this time. He also told me that he may not becoming back from this journey. He said, "When the time is right, either myself, or another Master will take you on for your training. Until then, be patient, and be mindful of the Force. Good-bye Di, and may the force be with you." I said with a bit of despair, "May the force be with you, Master." Somehow I knew, we would not meet again.

Entry 73:

Today during class, I felt a terrible pain as though I was being ripped apart. I knew the cause, there could only be one. Master Hyleon is dead.

Koreas Drumm
27 March 2006, 07:52 PM
Hey, awesome character dude!

Is our GM officially back yet?

Parmenter
28 March 2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks.

I haven't heard from him in a few days.

ThierryD
17 April 2006, 01:03 PM
Still no updates, what is happening?

Koreas Drumm
17 April 2006, 06:07 PM
I have nooooooooooo clue...

I'm still here though. Patiently awaiting the return of our GM.