PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Questions

Bob Boop
19 January 2006, 02:45 AM
This is a Thread where you can ask a question about the Star Wars [B]Originall Trilogy[\B] and someone can answer you. I will try to answer it if I can but this Thread is for everyone.

I will start with the questions:

Was Han Solo ever tharwted?

Darth_Cassed
19 January 2006, 02:51 AM
Well Bob Boop, welcome to the Holonet. First off, I would like to point out that this particular thread is for Rebellion Era questions, should you have questions about other eras you can refer to those.

And in answer to your question, yes. Solo has been thwarted several times, most notably in his spice run delivery to Jabba the Hutt where Imperials boarded the Falcon and he was forced to dump the spice. This lead to the altercations we see between Han and Jabba in the Original Trilogy.

Bob Boop
19 January 2006, 02:58 AM
Ok that partly answers my question, I accually ment in the movies. Was Han Solo ever thwarted in the movies?

Lucas Carr
19 January 2006, 03:12 AM
Han talks about that evet in ANH Special Edition with Jabba the Hutt. And being frozen in carbonite should suffice too, don't you think?

Bob Boop
19 January 2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks for your answer. But I do not think that getting frozen in Carbonite should be considered as being thwarted because he did not have a way out of it. He was captured and forced to be frozen.

Sarge
19 January 2006, 05:44 AM
Well, the quickdraw he did against Vader was pretty impressive, but it sure didn't turn out all that well for Solo.

Rostek
19 January 2006, 12:37 PM
All of these could be considered being thwarted, depending on what definition you're using:

The first time he attempted to bomb the bunker on Endor
Thwarted by 3PO when he was making headway with the Princess during repairs during ESB.
When he attempted to get Princess Leia to her designated transport on Hoth
Twarted in his attempt to not get tracked back to the Rebel base in (ANH)
Repeatedly thwarted in attempts to go to hyperspace (borderline "thwartings", probably)
Thwarted in his attempt to pay off Jabba (not actually on-screen, but is intregal to the plot of ESB and RotJ)
When he attempted to avoid detection by Imperial forces on the Death Star I (best example of a Natural 1 on a Bluff check I've ever witnessed)
When he attempted to transport Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids to Alderaan.

Darth Fierce
19 January 2006, 01:22 PM
Hmm...the premise of this thread kind of reminds me of our Holonet "HotShot Quiz VI." I suggest you check it out, Bob Boop. You'd probably enjoy it.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Bob Boop
19 January 2006, 08:52 PM
Ya you guys are right, I could have figured it our if I had thought about it more

Bob Boop
21 January 2006, 06:59 PM
remember, this is a thread for eveyone to ask questions about the Rebellion era

Lokar
21 January 2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
All of these could be considered being thwarted, depending on what definition you're using:

The first time he attempted to bomb the bunker on Endor
Thwarted by 3PO when he was making headway with the Princess during repairs during ESB.
When he attempted to get Princess Leia to her designated transport on Hoth
Twarted in his attempt to not get tracked back to the Rebel base in (ANH)
Repeatedly thwarted in attempts to go to hyperspace (borderline "thwartings", probably)
Thwarted in his attempt to pay off Jabba (not actually on-screen, but is intregal to the plot of ESB and RotJ)
When he attempted to avoid detection by Imperial forces on the Death Star I (best example of a Natural 1 on a Bluff check I've ever witnessed)
When he attempted to transport Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids to Alderaan.

Don't forget when he tried to sneak up on the scout trooper and steped on the twig. That became WEG's example of the Wild Die. :D