PDA

View Full Version : Plans. All your Bases belong to us.

hatten_jc
29 January 2006, 01:36 PM
I am sure many Game masters outheir have use of Maps over diffrent tings.
Perhaps a Imperial military base or a Pirat astroid base.
I am sure their are plenty of artist outheir that love a challange and why not play around a bit and make some plans and mapps.

Personly i would love some mapp over a plase MY players manage to Steal after killing the Pirats that hade attacked them.

But sadly i am unable to draw a mapp even if my life depended on it.
The base in question is a small Astroid base with a Hanger capable housing 1 Space transport up to Medium size And 4 starfighter.
And it have living room for up to 8 guys.

Sadly the base do NOT have any sensor shielding equipment instald yet. SO the moment the players fire it up any ship in the area might discover them.. :D
But if they are smart they might discover it. The player that is a tech have not yet been able to investigate the base.

Fandor Thamorrin
1 February 2006, 09:49 AM
Hmm...I think I can make the plans for you. How many levels does the base have? Or is it one large asteroid with the Hanger and other stuff spread out somewhat?

coldskier0320
1 February 2006, 11:24 AM
If you can get ahold of it, check out the D6 Hideouts & Strongholds. It has plans for two asteroid bases, one of which is a heavily fortified pirate base. ;)

hatten_jc
1 February 2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Fandor Thamorrin
Hmm...I think I can make the plans for you. How many levels does the base have? Or is it one large asteroid with the Hanger and other stuff spread out somewhat?

Its a rather small Base.
Most of it is just carvet in the astroid one level but spread out.
The bigest room should be the Hanger and the power room where the power generator is lockated. Its a big one from a old capital warship they rebuild and repaired.
The station have loots of power but not mutch USE of it.

1 Hanger with place for a Medium transport and up to 4 starfighter.
Conecting with the hanger is a small storage for starship parts and space suites.

The Power room with the powergenerator.
Living area with place for up to 20 pirats. :D
They have 4 one bed rooms.
And 8 room with 2 beds inside.

A big storage where they plan to put their stolen cago.
Right now they have about a year worth of Fuel in their.

And the controll room where they can controll the hanger and the power of the base.
The controll room i imagen is the only room thats lockated above the rest just overlooking the hanger.

A small armor with extra weapon and armor.
Their is a small hyperspace capble escape boat.
Think big escape podd/tiny starfighter but with hyperspace ion engine and room for up to 5.
But its hiden and my players have not found it yet.

And i would be extremly thankfull if you made a plans for the base.
AND if anyother player out their like to use it ask the creator of the mapp.

wolverine
2 February 2006, 01:13 AM
Then let me second the Strong holds guide. It;s second asteroid base would fit what you are looking for nicely.

hatten_jc
2 February 2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by wolverine
Then let me second the Strong holds guide. It;s second asteroid base would fit what you are looking for nicely.

It would you say i will try to get a copy from my book IF i can find it then.

Hmmm Well currently My home my apparment is being rebuild and updated and MOST of my game books and other non essential things are in stored in my dads summer house.

While i live in a temporarly appartment With lower rent..

So somewhere among many many boxes is one small book the strong holds guide and i have NO idea where or what box its in.

Fandor Thamorrin
8 February 2006, 09:50 AM
hatten, sorry for taking so long on the map...I have it finished and I just need to scan it into my computer.
The map should be up by later today or tommorow...I think you'll like it :)

hatten_jc
8 February 2006, 03:43 PM
hatten, sorry for taking so long on the map...I have it finished and I just need to scan it into my computer.
The map should be up by later today or tommorow...I think you'll like it :)

Sweet.. Tomorow will be a happy day then. :D
Thanks in advance.

Fandor Thamorrin
9 February 2006, 04:45 PM
Ok..."here goes nothin!" I had to break up the base into two levels with a top layer of rock making a "third" level, but otherwise it looks pretty nice if I can say so myself :D

Fandor Thamorrin
9 February 2006, 04:46 PM
And here's the second level:

hatten_jc
10 February 2006, 12:53 AM

Thanks.. Can't waith to show it to the players :D

Jonas Malcume
12 February 2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Fandor, I cheched out your maps and loved them. My players are playing a vigilante group in the NJO era, and one of my players suggested taking over an old (or new)mining facility like Wraith Squadron did in X-Wing series: Iron Fist. With some modifications, I think I could make your pirate base look like it was once a mining facillity(you know, add places for storing mining equipment, a few mining tunnels, old mining droids, an administrative chamber, the like).Mind if I do that?
:xwing:

Fandor Thamorrin
15 February 2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Jonas Malcume
Hey Fandor, I cheched out your maps and loved them. My players are playing a vigilante group in the NJO era, and one of my players suggested taking over an old (or new)mining facility like Wraith Squadron did in X-Wing series: Iron Fist. With some modifications, I think I could make your pirate base look like it was once a mining facillity(you know, add places for storing mining equipment, a few mining tunnels, old mining droids, an administrative chamber, the like).Mind if I do that?

Go right ahead, mon! A little advice for your group: watch out for the catwalks around the power plant. They're a little weak - that's what you get for hanging them from the ceiling with metal chains...;)

hatten_jc
15 February 2006, 02:39 PM

I am sad to say that i will not be using the base you made.
Becuse my players decided to Plunder the base instead and take everything of valued and some of the useless stuff also and build their own base...

So mutch problem and my players decided to just Ripp it apart and build somthing els...
Or steal a big cargo ship and re-build it to a mobile base. Some internal conflict between having a base build on the ground of a planet and having a big cargo ship as a big base.....

The main reson for the conflict is that One side consider a planet bound base mutch Cooler then a mobile base in a cargo ship..
The other consider the cargo ship mutch cooler.

Of course both side are dreaming of stealing a Stardestroyer and make it their base of operation....

Oo the plots the plots my players have consider some might even work thats the scary part...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 February 2006, 01:57 AM
Part of being a GM and running a game is just that, and is what makes it the ups and downs of gaming :)

Despite our best efforts as GM's to plan, draw, and prepare, there's always going to be the other human elements - the players.

Only in computer games can you save, play, and reload, and practice the up coming scripted sequences to perfection.

And thus its the human component of rpg'ing with others where spur of the moment and unthinkable makes it all worthwhile for the potential and new possibilities and outcomes never thought or expected.

And don't fret. Any made materials or drawings not used can always be recylced and re-used later down the road.

And for the base drawing being posted here by Fandor Thamorrin, its still never a waste of time or effort. Its a cool drawn out base, has inspired someone else above to use and add onto it for his game. And to anyone else who looks at it and either uses it or is inspired by it to draw one their own.

Trying to help is never a wasted effort. The effort for trying is a contribution in itself. Be it an idea, concept, peice of art or a solution. The more people try to help and contribute, the more enriched with ideas and posibilities the comunity becomes. :)

Jonas Malcume
16 February 2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks, Fandor.(The unstable catwalk is a definite hazard to their health ;), I'll hint that the catwalk is unsteady and most likely hazardous. If they continue across it, it's their bust if they die when a chain breaks).

Fandor Thamorrin
16 February 2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by hatten_jc

I am sad to say that i will not be using the base you made.
Becuse my players decided to Plunder the base instead and take everything of valued and some of the useless stuff also and build their own base...

So mutch problem and my players decided to just Ripp it apart and build somthing els...
Or steal a big cargo ship and re-build it to a mobile base. Some internal conflict between having a base build on the ground of a planet and having a big cargo ship as a big base.....

The main reson for the conflict is that One side consider a planet bound base mutch Cooler then a mobile base in a cargo ship..
The other consider the cargo ship mutch cooler.

Of course both side are dreaming of stealing a Stardestroyer and make it their base of operation....

Oo the plots the plots my players have consider some might even work thats the scary part...

Hey, that's why we GMs rely on improv a LOT. Don't worry about it. Besides, if the group really wants a Star Destroyer, make them work for it - Traps, dead ends, lots of enemies are your best friends, believe me! :)
Good luck on the campaign hatten!