PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Imagination OOC:

Yan Kai
30 January 2006, 09:56 AM
Ya'll know what this is for.

darkforcerising
31 January 2006, 07:04 AM
Sjar Joquo: Male Human Soldier 3/Dark Side Marauder 10; Init +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Defense +23 (+9 class, +4 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 116/17; Ranged atk +17/+12/+7, Melee +15/+10/+5; SV Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +5; SZ M; FP 5; DSP 4; Rep 5; Str 14, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10, Challenge Code F.

Skills: Balance+10, Climb+10, Computer Use+8, Demolitions+8, Intimidate+6, Jump+10, Knowledge (Sith lore)+8, Pilot+10, Repair+8, Survival+6, Swim+4, Tumble+10.

Force Skills: Battlemind+19, Drain Energy+8, Enhance Ability+9, Force Lightning+12, Move Object+10.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Proficiency (light), Blaster Slinger, Dodge, Force Sensitive, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Rage, Two-Weapon-Fighting, Weapon Focus (Blaster pistol), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dark Power, Sense

Yan Kai
31 January 2006, 08:14 AM
Everyone please post your characters' stats here.

Rabbiddog
31 January 2006, 08:15 AM
Siva Rei: Female Nagai
Force Adept 8/Telepath 5;
Init +6 (+3 Dex, +3 GM Special);
Defense +21 (+9 class, +2 Dex);
Spd 10 m;
VP/WP 126/14;

Str 14,
Dex 16,
Con 12,
Int 12,
Wis 18,
Cha 12,

Atk
+13/+8 melee (2d4/19-20, Unarmed) or
+7 melee (2d4/19-20, Unarmed in off hand);

SQ
Comprehend speech,
Force talisman +2,
Force weapon +1d8,
Soothing Voice (Species)
Thought Sensor
Mind Probe
Psychic Citadel
Mind Shared
Thought Bomb
Neural Storm

SV
Fort +7,
Ref +17,
Will +16;

SZ M; Rep 3;

Skills:
Climb+10,
Hide+10,
Jump+10,
Sense Motive+16,
Treat Injury+13.

Force Skills:
Affect Mind+12,
Empathy+13,
Fear+13,
Force Strike +12
Friendship+10,
Heal Another+13,
Heal Self+10,
Telepathy+13.

Feats:
Force Sensitive,
Improved Martial Arts,
Iron Will,
Lightning Reflexes,
Martial Arts,
Persuasive
Skill Emphasis (Sense Motive),
Weapon Focus (Unarmed),
Weapon Group Proficiency (primitive weapons),
Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons).

Force Feats:
Alter, Control,
Mind Trick,
Sense.

Description: Siva's appearance is of the typical Nagai. She has pale white skin and jet black hair that extends to her buttocks. She stands approx 1.8 meters tall and around 62kg in weight. Her eyes are a dark, deep green. Something about her eyes belie her gaunt almost frail beauty, looking deep into her eyes one could almost percieve the dormant power lying just under the surface. She is soft spoken, but her words carry an unseen weight , a voice that seems to draw the very life of people to it.

Background: Siva has no recollection of her past.

darkforcerising
31 January 2006, 10:05 AM
Hey Yan, is that 12 VP total, or 12 from the Lightning + 6 from using it for a total of 18?

Yan Kai
31 January 2006, 11:20 AM
Total is 18.

Rabbiddog
31 January 2006, 01:07 PM
Hey Yan, are you doing all the rolls for us or are we doing the rolls? Just curious, don't want to overstep my bounds.

Yan Kai
31 January 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm doing the rolls.

darkforcerising
1 February 2006, 08:47 AM
Do they all have similar weapons? If any of them have more powerful weapons than the others I'll target them, otherwise I'll shoot the front guys. I'll just shoot at one soldier until he goes down and then the next until all my attacks are used up.

And what was my Battlemind bonus?

Yan Kai
1 February 2006, 11:24 AM
They all have the same weapons. Your battlemind bonus was +4.

Everyone who hasn't posted their characters here post them today.

Rabbiddog
2 February 2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Yan, I was going through my character and realized I had'nt added my level 12 ability modifier, I updated my character on here and added the mod to DEX, that increased my INIT and Reflex.

Yan Kai
2 February 2006, 11:30 AM
Ok, that's fine.

darkforcerising
4 February 2006, 06:57 AM
I was wondering if we might be able to use one of the alternate Dark Side point rules. Since I'm a Dark Side Marauder, and Siva seems to have at least a little darkness somewhere in there, we're, or at least I'm probably going to be racking up DSP's at a hideous rate with the regular rules (even though Sjar's trying to walk the straight and narrow). Here are a couple of options from Jedi Counseling:

Option 1 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20031016counseling)

Option 2 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20051117jc78)

Doty
5 February 2006, 01:35 PM
Variq Biron Male Shistavanen Scout 1/Soldier 8/Martial Arts Master 4; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 feat); Defense +27 (+12 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 140/14, BAB: +12/+7/+2
Atk +17/+12/+5 melee (punch/kick:4d4+1d6+7, 18-20) or +15/+10/+5 ranged SV Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; SZ M; FP 5; Rep 4; Str 21, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9.
Feats: Alertness(SQ), Armor Proficiency(Light), Dodge, Improved Initiative(SQ), Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Improved Martial Arts, Advanced Martial Arts, Teras Kasi, TK Expertise, TK Mastery, Stava, Stava Expertise, Power Attack, Track, WGP(blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy wpns, simple wpns, vibro wpns, primitive wpns).
Skills: Astrogate+2, Climb+9, Computer Use+8, Demolitions+6, cc Diplomacy+0, cc Disable Device +3, Disguise+0, cc Gather Info+0, cc Handle Animal+0, Hide+7, Intimidate+14, Jump+9, Know: World Lore+2, Know: Alien Species+2, Listen+7, Move Silently+9, Pilot+4, Profession:Security+2, Repair+5, Search+5, Sense Motive+4, Sleight of Hand+4, Spot+11, Survival+3, Treat Injury+6, Tumble +14.
(Carrying Cap:76.5kg/153/230)

Description: Variq is a powerful albino Shistavanen “Wolfman” that’s been given disguised cybernetic arms and legs. Son of a Black Sun smuggler boss Mal Biron, he worked security for his father/their Vigo, pursuing martial arts training even moreso after the fall of Xizor. Not overly found of being told what to do, his sympathies are more anti-Imperial than pro. Through studying Teras Kasi, Variq can usually meditate himself to calmer place and the blood red gleam in his eyes soften. Otherwise in battle he rages out of control, where his aggressive Stava training kicks in, coupled with a tendency to bite. The more blood he spills, the more tenuous his grip on reality, on sanity, seems—on some level he thinks blood powers his cybernetics. Variq is an extreme personality, and delights in scaring people.

Yan Kai
5 February 2006, 06:23 PM
Okay, for Dark Side points I'm going to use the method that was listed in option 1. I agree, Sjar and possibly Siva will be getting alot of Dark Side points, and if they turn to the Dark Side they could start fighting each other. So if one of them uses Force Grip for example against a target the are able to continue until the target is dead and recieve 1 DSP. After all, if a character recieved 1 DSP per round they used the Dark Side Darth Vader would've accumulated like 60 in ESB!

Rabbiddog
5 February 2006, 08:03 PM
Sounds good to me Yan.:)

Yan Kai
6 February 2006, 07:17 AM
It was brought to my attention that I wasn’t being entirely clear about what is going on.

Here are where the characters stand now:
Sjar is ducked in the doorway, out of sight of the five armored beings.
Siva is standing in the center of the doorway right behind the body of the man who apparently broke his own neck.
Zero is standing next to Siva, his blaster carbine trained on the armored beings.
Variq is standing behind the two over the mangled corpse of the other uniformed man (the one he mangled)
To their left is a locked door, Siva is standing right next to it.
Behind them is the room where they came from with the six corpses of the soldiers they killed.
The five beings are 20m, two are 22m, 25m, and 40 meters away.
The initiative is as follows:

Zero,
Sira,
Sjar,
Variq,
Then the five beings.

I hope this is clear enough for everyone.

darth_phobeius
6 February 2006, 06:36 PM
Human Male Soldier 6/ Scout 4/ Elite Trooper 3
Init +8; Defense: 23 (+9Class, +4DEX) 24 (Dodge); VP/WP 106/13; Spd: 10m
Atk: BAB +12; +14/+9/+4 Melee, +17/+12/+7 Ranged, +8/+8/+8/+3/-2 Multifire, +6/+6/+6/+6/+1/-4 Autofire
SQ: Trailblazing, Heart +1, Uncanny Dodge (DEX to Def, Can't be Flanked), Cybernetic Eyes (+6 Spot/Search, +1 Ranged, Telescopic)
SV: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +9; FP: 5; DSP: 0; SZ: M; Rep +4
STR 14 DEX 18 CON 13 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA 10
Skills: Computer Use +8, Craft: Blasters +7, Craft: Armor +7, Demolitions +11, Hide +9, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Engineering) +5, Knowledge (Geography) +7, Knowledge (Tactics) +9, Knowledge (Wilderness Lore) +8, Knowledge (Worldwise) +8, Listen +10, Move Silently +9, Search +16, Spot +19, Survival +10, Treat Injury +8, Tumble +9
Feats: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, Heavy, Powered), Dodge, Far Shot, Improved Initiative, Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Sharp-Eyed, Weapon Focus (Blaster Rifles), Weapon Group Proficiencies (Blaster Pistols, Blaster Rifles, Heavy Weapons, Simple Weapons, Vibro Weapons), Weapon Specialization (Blaster Rifles), Zero-G Training

Physical Description: Zero has brown hair that is a simple non assuming cut and brown eyes. He is athletic but does not have a large build. He is 1.6m tall and weighs in at around 90kg. For all intents and purposes he blends into the background of society as the "Grey Man". Not remarkable in anyway and is not remembered because of his plain appearance. (Anyone in the Intell business will know what I am talking about when I say "The Grey Man")
Background: Zero started out life normal. Normal family, normal friends. Pretty much the basic life on Corellia. He joined the military at a young age thinking to see the galaxy and have some adventures. Life suddenly took a turn down a wormhole though after his intial military training. Life was not as simple as he was raised to believe. He stopped going home on leave. He stopped writting all together to his family and friends. He knew they would not understand 'his world'. They were civies. Out here, you have no one. You do or you die. The training is all you have. You rely on people and then you die. You can rely on fellow soldier to a point but they can die and leave you open.
He trained hard and accepted the most dangerous assignments and postings he could. Several years into his time in the military he started getting headaches. He did not sleep much and would not socialize with anyone that was not a soldier of some sort. He did not consider the rest more than future vicitims.

darkforcerising
7 February 2006, 05:20 AM
Okay, question: My Force Lightning will take effect before Variq moves up there, right?

And I'm pretty sure Siva can't run up there and attack, and I'm almost positive she doesn't get multiple attacks. The only reason I bring this up is because it affects whether or not I will use what I posted before.

Sorry, I'll stop posting too early, seem to run into confusion that way.

Yan Kai
7 February 2006, 07:40 AM
You're right. I looked it up and Siva would only get one attack. The second didn't have an affect anyway. You do go before Variq. I had lost your post because you had posted a while back. My fault.

Rabbiddog
7 February 2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, I only get one attack at the that time due to multiple attacks being a full round action (Looked it up too) Now that I am next to an opponent though I would get multiple attacks. I just wouldn't be able to do anything else that round.:)

Rabbiddog
7 February 2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by darkforcerising
Okay, question: My Force Lightning will take effect before Variq moves up there, right?

Actually according to the initiative it wouldn't. If you go back and look, you, Zero and I all make attack actions,

Zero attacks (12 /16 /6 /18 /18 /15 /2) Two of his shots make contact with the nearest armored being. (3d8+2= 22+14=36) The blaster shots rip through the apparently weak armor. The being doesn't flinch.

Only one being is within range of Siva's thought bomb. It shreiks and clasps its gloved hands around its helmet. (It had failed its Will save)

Sjar opens fire (21 /13 /8 /18) (He takes a penalty to his attacks because of the range) Twp of Sjar's shots hit their target (24 damage) The blaster shots slam into the armored being. But as with Zero's hits, it doesn't waver.
Then Variq made his charge attack. That puts us at the top of the initiative round again. (the soldiers should get their attack here), then Zero attacked again, I made my attack and now your force lightning can come into play, then Variq. So to actually be true to the round Me and Zeros last attacks should wait until the soldiers get theirs. Then Zero, me, your force lightning, then Variq.

Rabbiddog
8 February 2006, 03:37 AM
Just an FYI. Siva's telepathic feats only affect living creatures. Seeing where this appears to be heading, her telepathic attacks might have no affect. Then again what constitutes living in SW.

;)

darkforcerising
8 February 2006, 06:48 AM
Gotcha, I'll rethink that move then.

darkforcerising
8 February 2006, 07:09 AM
Just to let you guys know, I really have nothing against you Rabbidog and Doty, or your characters. Sjar is just psychotic and paranoid and having him wildly suspicious of you illustrates that. Unless in fact you are traitors!

I mention this to avoid any kind of misunderstanding.

Rabbiddog
8 February 2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by darkforcerising
Just to let you guys know, I really have nothing against you Rabbidog and Doty, or your characters. Sjar is just psychotic and paranoid and having him wildly suspicious of you illustrates that. Unless in fact you are traitors!

I mention this to avoid any kind of misunderstanding.

No worries, I never took it as anything but good RPing. Keep it up.

:D

darkforcerising
21 February 2006, 07:03 PM
Hey guys...? Sjar and Siva are beginning to feel a little bit alone. Just wondering if you're still out there.

Yan, have you heard anything from Doty or darth_phobeius?

Yan Kai
22 February 2006, 06:01 AM
I'm playing in one of Phobieus's games, so I know he's out there, but running a game is a lot of work so he probably doesn't have too much time for this one.
U haven't heard anything from Doty. I'm going to PM them both.

Thanks for sticking to it by the way Sjar ans Siva.

Yan Kai
22 February 2006, 01:09 PM
Doty won't be able to play anymore so I was wondering if anyone would like to play Variq? I can if no one else does, but I would greatly appreciate someone stepping foreward. :)

darkforcerising
22 February 2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'd be willing to give it a shot (or rather, a teras kasi kata). I'm not sure if I'll be able to play it with all of the nuances he did but I can try. Anything in particular I should know about Shistaven :chirpa: (close enough to a wolfman, right?) or special instructions that Doty had?

Yan Kai
23 February 2006, 06:11 AM
Just read his character concept and stats, also the Shistaven section in the UAA. No special instructions whatsoever.

darkforcerising
23 February 2006, 04:23 PM
It's cool if I double post, once for each character? I thought that it might get a little messy if I tried to do them both together.

Yan Kai
26 February 2006, 08:53 AM
Double posting is fine Darkforcerising. I'll be able to sort things out easier if you continue to do that.

darkforcerising
27 February 2006, 06:45 PM
Wait, is it Quim or Erovv that has the wires in his hands?

Yan Kai
27 February 2006, 07:47 PM
It's Erovv, sorry I made that confusing, I edited the post, it should be clearer now.:D

Yan Kai
2 March 2006, 06:38 AM
I'm afraid complications will prevent me from posting in the next few days.

Yan Kai
8 March 2006, 11:46 AM
Due to lack of players and interest I'm going to end the game. Thanks to all who participated. :D :D

Rabbiddog
8 March 2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Yan Kai
Due to lack of players and interest I'm going to end the game. Thanks to all who participated. :D :D

*sigh*
I like the way this started and was headed. Wonder why the loss in interest all of a sudden. sorry dude. If you decide to pick it up later just let me know, I'll jump right in where I left off at.

Yan Kai
8 March 2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks.

I might pick it up later when the other players finish their games.

You stayed faithful, thanks for that.