PDA

View Full Version : IC: Quadrant Tetrad's Umbra: Bounty Hunters III



Pages : [1] 2

Ronin
3 February 2006, 05:57 AM
Shadow quickly disables the hyperdrive (rolled a 20!) and gets the power diverted to the engines with ease, kicking the ship's speed up a notch...but you can hear the engines straining...thrusting beyond their specs...

And just as the trio of Daggers advance into range, they immediately fire...and the salvoes from all three go wide. But with the engine boost, they're no longer gaining on you.

Tailing fighters: 2km (20 units)
To Morjanssik: 60.59km / 3 minutes, 10 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (19sq. 1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (maximum double-aft)
RV with Spitfire: 1 minute, 37 seconds
RV with Cape: 1 minute, 34 seconds

OOC: technically rerouting power can only increase a ship's speed up to it's full normal maximum speed...but you did roll very well on both rolls, so I'm letting you go one over, but it is stressing the engines something rotten...
OOC2: made a mistake earlier, the Cape is faster than the Spitfire.

SmugglerJedi
3 February 2006, 11:18 AM
Shadow replies, "I wasn't going to say anything. I was enjoying the idea that you may be growing up a bit."

"I did? Uh-oh, something's wrong. I need a doctor."

As Tresk snaps at him, he snaps back, "Oh, shut up you jerk. I am tired of having a furball the size of my mother's couch telling me how to tie my freaking shoes. And thanks for not wanting me to die in misery, ma`am. Joy is brought to my eyes upon the wings of your care." He turns around and heads to wipe the fuel off, but when he sees Shadow go running by, he calls out, "You sure you don't need any help?"

Then, as the ship boots, Kol knocks his head against the bulkhead. "Hoojik! Crix, we dead?"

[OOC: Sorry, I posted in the old IC thread first before reading Ronin's message]

Jan Tolbara
3 February 2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
He turns around and heads to wipe the fuel off, but when he sees Shadow go running by, he calls out, "You sure you don't need any help?"

Shadow cries as she sprints to the back of the ship, "Just get cleaned up!"

Jan Tolbara
3 February 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Shadow quickly disables the hyperdrive (rolled a 20!) and gets the power diverted to the engines with ease, kicking the ship's speed up a notch...but you can hear the engines straining...thrusting beyond their specs...

OOC: Yeehah!

IC: Shadow rushes to the internal comm and says, "I've disabled the hyperdrive and rerouted power to the engines. The extra speed is straining them, though. I'm going to stay back here and keep an eye on them. Any help would be appreciated."

One second after she releases the comm, she punches the button again. "Kol, I will also accept your help, but only after you've cleaned yourself up."

coldskier0320
3 February 2006, 03:24 PM
After getting off the horn with the local Guild boss, Tresk has a moment to think. Suddenly, an idea strikes him.

"Yolikk", he starts, "Perhaps you could tell those fighters to back off. If they don't, you could say we're just in it for ransom, and don't mean to hurt you, but if they continue to pursue we'll have no choice but to kill you. This is, of course, a long shot bluff, but do you think it'd work? Even if only long enough for the Guild fighters to get here?"

SmugglerJedi
4 February 2006, 03:51 AM
Kol goes on a hunt for anything to wipe the fuel off, even some powder that could dry it up - anything, really. "Yeah, sure, I'll get cleaned up. Jeez, this place is filthier than my room...where the hell is a towel?

[OOC: Do I have to roll a Search check in order to find a suitable object?]

Crymoon
4 February 2006, 04:18 PM
Kerdan watches the Daggers coming near and the enginees still giving no more power... then suddenly...


"I've disabled the hyperdrive and rerouted power to the engines. The extra speed is straining them, though. I'm going to stay back here and keep an eye on them. Any help would be appreciated."

"Yeah!!!" he thinks to himself...

He swithces the comm on
"Great job there Shadow!! Great job indeed...." he finishes with a bright smile



OOC: Drat am dumber then SJ.. posted in the old thread after him :D That's why the post is so .. strange .. sorry will have to get the feeling back :)

Ronin
5 February 2006, 06:11 PM
Tailing fighters: 2km (20 units)
To Morjanssik: 58.68km / 3 minutes, 4 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (19sq. 1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (maximum double-aft)
RV with Spitfire: 1 minute, 31 seconds
RV with Cape: 1 minute, 28 seconds


The trio of Daggers continue to tail you, unable to close the range.

Back in engineering Shadow monitors the straining engines; which are beginning to whine, but they seem to be holding.

At Tresk's suggestion Yolikk opens the comm to the fighters and speaks briefly with them in Quarrenese...at first the lead pilot only laughs in reply, then another barks something that doesn't sound friendly.
Yolikk turns back to Tresk, "They didn't bite," he says, curtly.

Crymoon
5 February 2006, 09:11 PM
Yolikk turns back to Tresk, "They didn't bite," he says, curtly.

"So the rules of combat say that we should now keep.... our mouths shut and let the hunters get them... We may even assist them in kicking their butt... If they are too stupid to understand their situation... well they are too stupid to live... " He says with a wicked smile...

KnightStalker
7 February 2006, 06:53 PM
Crix absently half-listens to the conversation while focusing on flying and monitoring the status on the pursuing fighters.

"Let's hope those hunters have fast ships, those guys are no longer gaining on us, but we aren't shaking them either."

Longing to be back at the controls of his ship, the Star Ranger, Crix thinks to himself As soon as this is all over with, and I've got my ship back, maybe I'll jet back to Druckenwell and lay low for a while & see if Team Tancredi's heard from their wandering little Rebels.

Ronin
8 February 2006, 05:37 AM
Tailing fighters: 2km (20 units)
To Morjanssik: 39.51km / 2 minutes, 4 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (19sq. 1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (maximum double-aft)
RV with Spitfire: 31 seconds
RV with Cape: 28 seconds


Over a tense minute you ride the screaming engines, the trio of Daggers in hot pursuit though never gaining ground.

Finally the two bounty hunters' starfighters appear on your sensors: A Naboo N-1 starfighter designated Spitfire, and a Cloakshape starfighter named Cape.

Then, with a shower of sparks that cause Shadow to throw herself to the floor, the jury-rigged boost to the engines blows. With a cyclic whine the engines begin to lose power...

In the cockpit Crix watches the instruments as the ship's speed begins to drop...
1,150km/h...
1,100km/h...
1,050km/h...
1,000km/h...(17 sq/action)
...and it still seems to be dropping...

Crymoon
8 February 2006, 10:27 AM
"Damn...." Kerdan hits the comm "Shadow, You ok back there? we seem to loosing power...It's gonna get much more rough I'm almost shutting down the inetrial stabilizators... Kol is coming to help you... KOL YOU HEARD THAT?..." he smiles wickedly...

"Crix, tell me what you need more engines or shields... I'll have to balance the power now... And it's gonna be tight... If you want I can take some power from sensors... but you no what that means... "

Kerdan is smiling tighly though his head is working on highest gears. He uses all his computer skills to shut down unneccessary systems. He shuts down almost all lights except for those in cocpit, engineering and some corridors. He takes power from kitchen and outside doors, everything he can.

SmugglerJedi
8 February 2006, 02:37 PM
"Yes I did!" Kol, throwing the now filthy towel on the deck, bolts towards the engine room. "Hang on, princess, your knight is coming!" When he gets there, he goes to her. "You okay? Any injuries?" Only when he is certain she is fine will he move to the hardware.

Jan Tolbara
8 February 2006, 05:54 PM
Cursing herself at her failure to successfully monitor the engines and keep them running, she pounds her fist against the deckplate and cries, "Damn!"


"You okay? Any injuries?"

She looks up at Kol for a brief second before sternly answering while pointing to the sublight engines, "Forget me! I want those engines back online!"

After Kol moves to the engines, Shadow quickly picks herself up off the deck and joins him to get the engines running again.

KnightStalker
8 February 2006, 08:38 PM
Crix replies to Kerdan "Keep those shields up, those guys are starting to gain on us, and the hunters have just come into sensor range. I want our backside safe from hostile fire, and I don't wanna be blinded, so we'll have to sacrifice a little speed until those hunters can scare off them fighters."

Crix then calls out over the comm "Kol, Shadow, how bad's the damage back there, and how fast can you remedy the situation?"

Crix will continue to monitor the sensors and keep attempting to stay ahead of the pursuers, while preparing to make any evasive manuevers that may be necessary.

Jan Tolbara
9 February 2006, 07:52 PM
Shadow examines the damage and says flatly to nobody in particular, "So much for the hyperdrive.

"Kol," she continues, "drop the connection from the hyperdrive. That should stop the power bleed."


Crix then calls out over the comm "Kol, Shadow, how bad's the damage back there, and how fast can you remedy the situation?"

Without looking away from the engines while undoing her previous work, she replies, "Shouldn't take too long. Just need to reroute power from another system. Are you going to need the repulsorlifts anytime soon?"

SmugglerJedi
10 February 2006, 06:45 PM
"Dropping the hyperdrive now," Kol says, disconnecting the two systems. He turns to Shadow. "You want help rerouting power?"

KnightStalker
11 February 2006, 07:27 PM
Without looking away from the engines while undoing her previous work, she replies, "Shouldn't take too long. Just need to reroute power from another system. Are you going to need the repulsorlifts anytime soon?"

Crix hollers back over the comm "Yeah I need the repulsorlifts. That's what's keeping us above the surface of the water! It's the ion drive that's pushing us forward, and we need all the power we can going to the engines that we can get."


"Dropping the hyperdrive now," Kol says, disconnecting the two systems. He turns to Shadow. "You want help rerouting power?"

With the hyperdrive no longer bleeding off power, Crix noticies an increase in the ship's speed.

"That's somewhat better. Can ya get me any more power back there?"

Jan Tolbara
11 February 2006, 07:54 PM
"That's somewhat better. Can ya get me any more power back there?"

"Working on it!" Shadow calls back.

"It should only be a couple of minutes for us to reach the city," she thinks to herself, "unless we get shot down."

"Kol, begin rerouting power from Life Support."

SmugglerJedi
11 February 2006, 07:59 PM
Kol gives her an uncertain look but complies. "Oohhkaayyy, rerouting power. Should take just a few moments."

Jan Tolbara
11 February 2006, 08:05 PM
Shadow moves to help Kol, sternly saying, "We don't have a few moments. We need it now."

SmugglerJedi
11 February 2006, 08:13 PM
Kol slams a button. "Your wish is my command. Power rerouted."

Jan Tolbara
11 February 2006, 08:18 PM
Shadow stops, looks over the work for a few seconds and states, "Good job."

Ronin
12 February 2006, 05:40 AM
Tailing fighters: 1.8km (4 units)
To Morjanssik: 37.84km / 1 minute, 58 seconds
Current speed: 1,000km/h (17sq. 1.67km/turn)
Shields: 57 (71% of maximum double-aft)
RV with Spitfire: 25 seconds
RV with Cape: 22 seconds


As the constant whir of the ship's airscrubber dies down, Kol and Shadow rush to reroute the power...
and fire from one of the Daggers slams into the shields (-40 points)...and Kerdan frantically tries to restore them (+17 points).

And, thankfully, Crix can see the ship's speed is slowly increasing...

(OOC: Shadow and Kol's rewiring just worked. It'll take effect from next turn)

Jan Tolbara
15 February 2006, 06:19 PM
"Tresk!" Shadow calls through the comm. "How's your sniper rifle?"

coldskier0320
16 February 2006, 05:45 AM
"Bout as useless as boy-wonder back there", Tresk informs Shadow mournfully, "Only twice as broke."

Tresk continues to monitor the sensors, alert for any developments that the group needs to know about.

SmugglerJedi
16 February 2006, 02:30 PM
"Yes, it is a wonder why I'm here," Kol mutters. He looks around for anything broken he might fix. Or any loose parts he could bash his head in with.

Jan Tolbara
17 February 2006, 04:51 PM
"Don't let him get to you," advises Shadow. "He got under my skin at first, but we developed a mutual respect after we saw each other in action. Prove yourself like you're doing now, and everything will be fine."

SmugglerJedi
17 February 2006, 04:57 PM
"You talking to me or that fuzzball on the comm?" Kol sits back down at the controls. "Oh, whatever. I just want to get out of here. I'm going to run through all the systems and shut down anything nonessential, so we can get the hell out of here." He turns to her. "Unless there is something nonessential you want to keep on. Like the cappucino machine."

Ronin
18 February 2006, 04:03 AM
Tailing fighters: 1.8km (4 SU)
To Morjanssik: 35.93km / 1 minute, 53 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (19sq. 1.91km/turn)
Shields: 28 (35% of maximum double-aft)
RV with Spitfire: 19 seconds (11.88km, 24SU)
RV with Cape: 16 seconds (10.22km, 20 SU)


The ship returns to it's redlined-speed as the engines scream for mercy...and salvoes from two of the Dagger's triple laser cannons flash past, but the third strikes true...almost fully knocking the shields out (down to five points! 6%!).

Kerdan manages to bring the shields back from the brink (+23 points), Kol and Shadow continue shutting down non-essential systems (the only other power sources active you could draw from now are the sensors, comms, laser cannons, shields or the engines).

Jan Tolbara
18 February 2006, 05:51 AM
"Kol!" Shadow cries over the roar of the engines. "We need to try to get the wiring for the hyperdrive restored! Can you work on that, while I watch the engines?"

Shadow prepares to instantly route another system's power to the engines in case the life support jury-rig blows.

SmugglerJedi
18 February 2006, 07:37 AM
"I don't think so!" Kol shouts back. "I wouldn't trust that wiring with a sack of mutarro beans, much less my life! That thing could blow us up! And it would take almost a half-hour for it to warm up anyways!" As the engines whine more, he yells, "In Crix I trust! All others I'd verify!"

Jan Tolbara
18 February 2006, 11:49 AM
Shadow loudly replies, "No! We need to replace the wiring, so the system can be used again. I don't want to reroute power from there again. Can you do it?"

SmugglerJedi
18 February 2006, 03:05 PM
Kol gives her an incredulous look. "Excuse me?" he says. "Do you want me to crawl up in here and replace all that faulty wiring while we're being shot at? Are you crazy?"

Jan Tolbara
18 February 2006, 06:57 PM
A scowl forms on her face, hidden by the mask she wears. Fighting hard to control her sudden anger, she mentally struggles against her instinct to lash out at the Sakiyan and forces the rage down after a couple of seconds.

Facing Kol, she states with an edge on her voice, "Fine! I'll do it instead. YOU can take the responsibility of keeping the engines going."

Snatching some wiring tools from the tool bin, she storms off to the hyperdrive to begin the work.

KnightStalker
19 February 2006, 12:03 PM
Crix opens the ship-wide comm once more. "Somebody try rerouting power from the weapons systems to the engines, please! Forward firing weapons do us no good when our enemy is trying to crawl up our poodoo-chute!"

SmugglerJedi
19 February 2006, 12:09 PM
"Power rerouted!" He shouts, taking a quick look towards Shadow. <i>"What in hell is she thinking? There must be a klick or two of wiring to fix. Oh well, she's a professional bounty hunter. She must know what she's doing."

Ronin
21 February 2006, 06:18 AM
Shadow sets to work repairing the power supply to the hyperdrive...and just manages to splice the wiring back together, though it'd probably be best to have a qualified technician look it over before actually making a jump.

Kol sets to work transfering power from the lasers to the screaming engines for even more boost but he's thrown to the deck before he has chance to finish...the ship is rocked by a blast as shots from one of the Dagger manage to slip through the shields (a critical!), blowing several hull plates off and slewing the ship to starboard.
In the crampt confines of the hyperdrive chamber Shadow bangs her already injured back, sending lightning bolts of pain up her spine.
Everyonen in the cockpit holds on tight as Crix wrestles the controls...

Thankfully the other two Daggers miss.

Despite the blasts penetrating the shields, Kerdan manages to pump more power to the shields and gets them up to 55%.



Tailing fighters: 1.8km (4 SU)
To Morjanssik: 34.02km / 1 minute, 47 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (19sq. 1.91km/turn)
Shields: 44 (55% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: 13 seconds (8 SU)
RV with Cape: 10 seconds (5 SU)



"Spitfire to Buccaneer," the comm crackles to life; "We'll take care of the bandits, fly straight. I'll go by your starboard, Cape past your port."
You could swear you recognise a Naboo accent over the comm.

Jan Tolbara
21 February 2006, 01:30 PM
Shadow grits her teeth and withstands the pain shooting through her back, laying on the deckplate for a few seconds that feel like an eternity. After fighting back the pain, she crawls out of the hyperdrive chamber and returns to the engine room.

"Wiring's done," she says to the Sakiyan over the screaming engines. "How are things back here?"

Crymoon
21 February 2006, 02:10 PM
Kerdan wipes the sweat away and presses the comm button smiling....

"Much better now.. You gave us the energy Crix needed and he's flying superbly, you're quite lucky you haven't seen the amount of blasts that went pass us only due to his skills.. Ah and the back up is ther so we may get to port alive.. Thanx guys"

He turns to the pilot and shows him thumbs up smiling brightly..

SmugglerJedi
21 February 2006, 04:44 PM
"Oww," he mutters, picking himself off the deck. "Oh, just great, just great. You wouldn't happen to have any medical insurance to spare, do you?" He takes in air sharply at he gets back to his station. "Umm, gimme a sec. I wasn't able to finish before that last hit. Okay, reoute here, reroute there, yumdumpum, that should do it. "

KnightStalker
21 February 2006, 07:30 PM
"Spitfire to Buccaneer," the comm crackles to life; "We'll take care of the bandits, fly straight. I'll go by your starboard, Cape past your port."
You could swear you recognise a Naboo accent over the comm.

As Crix straightens his course out and applies all the speed he can get from the engines, he responds "Copy that, Spitfire, glad to have you swat those 2 flittergnats for us."


"Much better now.. You gave us the energy Crix needed and he's flying superbly, you're quite lucky you haven't seen the amount of blasts that went pass us only due to his skills.. Ah and the back up is ther so we may get to port alive.. Thanx guys"

He turns to the pilot and shows him thumbs up smiling brightly..

Crix returns the thumbs-up gesture to Kerdan and checks the display screens to see if the pirate fighters stay on course or bank off when they detect the bounty hunters' ships approaching.

Ronin
22 February 2006, 06:02 AM
As Kol plugs in the last of the power cables the engines' screaming rises in pitch and the whole engineering section begins to shake. Vibrospanners rattle across the deckplates and you swear the engine housings begin to redden.

Crix watches as the speedometer needles creeps up to 1,200 klicks per hour...deep in the red zone. The ship's vibrations can be felt even through the control collumn and several alarms go off.
Maximum Safe Velocity Exceeded
Insufficient Engine Cooling

The matt black Cloakshape starfighter Cape nears the Buccaneer's port side, the red-and-yellow N-1 Spitfire three seconds behind it, to your starboard.
Two of the Daggers adjust their courses, anticipating the initial exchange of fire in an aerial joust with the newcomers.
The third Dagger, still dogging your six, fires but misses.
...and Kerdan gets the shields up to 74%.

Yolikk is surprisingly quiet, just sat in one of the chairs, watching over Crix and Kerdan's shoulders as they orchistrate their escape.
(OOC: Tresk's a bit quiet too ain't he???)



Tailing fighters: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 32.02km / 1 minute, 42 seconds
Current speed: 1,200km/h (2.0km/turn)
Shields: 59 (74% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: 8 seconds
RV with Cape: 4 seconds

Jan Tolbara
22 February 2006, 08:00 AM
"PULL IT OUT!" cries Shadow as she scrambles for the new splice. "Pull it out, or we'll lose the ship!"

SmugglerJedi
22 February 2006, 03:05 PM
Kol leaps up to the splice and rips it out [OOC: or at least tries to] with his hands. "YEEEAHHHH! I told you this was a bad idea, but did anyone listen to me? NOOOOO! Don't listen to that Sakiyan, he's only been an expert smuggler and ship pilot for six years. Sheesh."

Jan Tolbara
22 February 2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
Kol leaps up to the splice and rips it out [OOC: or at least tries to] with his hands. "YEEEAHHHH! I told you this was a bad idea, but did anyone listen to me? NOOOOO! Don't listen to that Sakiyan, he's only been an expert smuggler and ship pilot for six years. Sheesh."

Shadow exclaims, "Oh, shut up! You said nothing of the sort.

"Exchange the power feed from life support with the feed from the weapons and get life support back online. I'm going to the bridge to check on things there."

As she jogs toward the hatch, she says to Kol, "Don't let me down."

SmugglerJedi
23 February 2006, 08:42 AM
"Let you down?" Kol says, laughing. "Hell, you're flying with the Kalidor eagles. How can I let you down if I ain't holding you up?" He gets to work doing what she said.

Ronin
26 February 2006, 07:04 PM
There's a shower of sparks as Kol rips the power cords out and a groan of release from the engines.
In the cockpit Crix watches as the speed drops to the safer-side of the danger zone.
The ship is buffeted slightly as the Cape whips past your left, opening up with it's cannons on the leftmost Dagger tearing into two of the starfighter's forward forks.
The Spitfire nears your starboard side, ready to engage the rightmost Dagger as soon as it closes into range.
The third Dagger, still on your tail, continues firing, trying to bracket you with fire, and fails to hit.
Kerdan, thankful for the pirates' poor marksmanship, gets the shields back up to 95%.


Tailing fighters: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 30.11km / 1 minute, 34 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (1.91km/turn)
Shields: 76 (95% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: 2 seconds, targeting rightmost Dagger (designated Bandit-2)
RV with Cape: now engaging leftmost Dagger (designated Bandit-1)

Ronin
7 March 2006, 05:31 AM
Shadow makes it to the cockpit as Kerdan get the shields back to a healthy 100% double-rear and shots from Bandit-3 vape gallons of ocean just to the ship's starboard side.

Cape and Bandit-1 peel off, both racing to decelerate and snaking back and forth, trying to get behind each other for a sweet shot.

Spitfire and Bandit-2 exchange fire as both enter range; Spitfire taking the brunt of the hits on her shields, and Bandit-2 taking it hard on the hull...
and Bandit-3 is still on your 6.



Tailing fighters: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 28.2km / 1 minute, 28 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (100% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: engaging Bandit-2
RV with Cape: engaging Bandit-1

KnightStalker
7 March 2006, 06:53 PM
As Shadow enters the cockpit, Crix asks "Did you guys find anything back there that we could toss out an airlock at that one sticky bandit back there, that could ruin the pilot's day?"

Jan Tolbara
7 March 2006, 07:06 PM
"No," she replies flatly. "Anyone have any ideas on how to shake him?"

Crymoon
7 March 2006, 10:45 PM
Kerdan looks at the gang smiling "It's one on one now so we could as well take him out... If, that is, anyone can shoot... " he looks at the shields display... "I'll try to play with the shields, we've got the better pilot so we ought ot win...Unless we wanna play hide and seek until we get to the city..."

coldskier0320
12 March 2006, 06:49 AM
"Why don't we hang on and let those guys earn their pay? We have most of our shields back. Those Guild pilots are well-trained. I say we just keep heading for our landing slot and let them worry about the fighters.", Tresk says, fur visibly rippling where the tears in his shadowsuit revealed the brown fur beneath.

SmugglerJedi
17 March 2006, 01:23 PM
[OOC: Okay, I don't know if you guys were waiting for me or wot, but here is my little post...]

As the ship shudders, Kol grunts over the intercom, "Hey guys, are our pals up here yet?" Spark. "For crying out loud, I just fixed that thing! Jeez...anyone want more rerouting? I'll give you a 2-for-1 offer. I'll reroute and dance a jig. Ouch!"

Ronin
25 March 2006, 01:21 AM
A volley from Bandit-3 sends waves of blue energy arcing across the shields (32 damage) reducing them momentarily to 60% before Kerdan skillfully restores them to 94% (rolls of 16 and 20!).

Cape and Bandit-1continue snaking back and forth trying to draw a bead on each other but whoever's in the matt black cloakshape; they're one hell of a flier. After taking the tailing Dagger through a barrel roll the bounty hunter comes out behind the persuing pirate and nails them in the engines. The Krakana starfighter explodes in a ball of fire and shrapnel.

Spitfire and Bandit-2 begin to turn, coming round for another pass at each other, but you can see that the two bounty hunters must be in contact with each other: you're not sure who positioned who, but the N-1 and the Cloakshape have the Dagger between them, ready to bracket it with fire...



Tailing fighter: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 26.29km / 1 minute, 22 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (1.91km/turn)
Shields: 75 (94% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: engaging Bandit-2
RV with Cape: shot down Bandit-1, maneuvering on Bandit-2

KnightStalker
29 March 2006, 07:50 PM
Crix keeps watching his displays, particularly the rapidly dropping counter indicating the distance from Morjanssik.

"We're almost there, just a little over a minute out from the city. Let's hope those hunters finish off those 2 bandits quickly so they can get out hanger-on back there to stop trying to knock us from the sky."

OOC : Just posting something to bump this back to the first page.

Jan Tolbara
29 March 2006, 10:59 PM
"I don't like the idea of sitting here without any way of taking that frackin' mynock out," interjects Shadow. "But, we don't have any other choice at this time.

"Let's hope those associates of yours hurry up," she finishes while looking at Tresk.

Ronin
30 March 2006, 06:21 AM
Bandit-2 detonates in a fireball under the combined fire of Spitfire and Cape. The two bounty hunter starfighters corkscrew off in opposite directions and begin turns to bring them onto Bandit-3's tail.

Suddenly the comm crackles to life;
"Unidentified freighter, this is Morjanssik Traffic Control. We've had you on our scanners for the past few minutes and have been watching the dogfight. Please identify yourself and explain, or else turn away immediately," a watery, rather irrate voice barks.

Bandit-3, evidently having noticed the destruction of it's wingmen, is beginning to lose his or her nerve...and puts a triplet of cannon blasts way past your port side....giving Kerdan the opportunity to get the shields to full.



Tailing fighter: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 24.38km / 1 minute, 16 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (100% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
RV with Spitfire: maneuvering on Bandit-3
RV with Cape: maneuvering on Bandit-3

KnightStalker
30 March 2006, 06:58 PM
Crix takes a quick glance over his shoulder. "Tresk, that's your cue. Just tell them the basics of what they need to know so we can land, ditch this crate, and get to the passenger liner and on our way back to Nar Shaddaa."

Jan Tolbara
31 March 2006, 11:58 AM
"Agreed," Shadow adds with a hint of an edge to her voice. "Tresk, work your magic."

coldskier0320
31 March 2006, 12:31 PM
"Unidentified freighter, this is Morjanssik Traffic Control. We've had you on our scanners for the past few minutes and have been watching the dogfight. Please identify yourself and explain, or else turn away immediately," a watery, rather irrate voice barks.

Grinning slightly, he leans over the comm, putting just a hint of stress into his voice,

"You're from the city? Where's your law-enforcement craft?! I'm Tresk Nay'syk, a member of the Bounty Hunter's Guild, on a legal hunt. We've been jumped by these pirates...these criminals, and we needed some help! I'd appreciate it if the city did their part, and protected a law-abiding citizen from these barbaric ruffians!"

SmugglerJedi
1 April 2006, 07:37 PM
<i>"Well this is just dandy,"</i> Kol thinks to himself as he listens in. <i>"I can't believe I'm on Waterworld kicking it back with the fishies. Nuuk would laugh his butt off if he found out."</i> A burst of static over the comn encourages him to boost the signal strength a tad. <i>"Law-abiding citizen? Please, if we were law-abiding citizens, I'd be the one piloting. I shouldn't be back here oiling the engines."</i> As if on cue, they growl at him. "Oh shut up. We take very good care of you." He then goes back to listening in. "Please tell me I can actually get some food when we're in town."

[OOC: Kol's just listening. I don't think city control will actually be able to hear him, so don't like, freak out or anything.]

Ronin
4 April 2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
"You're from the city? Where's your law-enforcement craft?! I'm Tresk Nay'syk, a member of the Bounty Hunter's Guild, on a legal hunt. We've been jumped by these pirates...these criminals, and we needed some help! I'd appreciate it if the city did their part, and protected a law-abiding citizen from these barbaric ruffians!"

"Hunter Nay'syk. I take it the N1 and Cloakshape accompanying you are on Guild business?" the Morjanssik controller replies begrudgingly. "Morjanssik city does not risk the lives of it's defence personnel or ships protecting the likes of bounty hunters. Nor do we appreciate you and your kind bringing trouble to our city. Is that understood?"

A second later the combined fire of Spitfire and Cape lay waste to Bandit-3...the Dagger fragments in the air, each of the three blade-like wings arcing off in different directions, and the burning remains of the fuselage skitter across the ocean surface before exploding.



Tailing fighter: 2.0km (5 SU)
To Morjanssik: 22.47km / 1 minute, 10 seconds
Current speed: 1,150km/h (1.91km/turn)
Shields: 80 (100% of maximum double-aft)
Hull: 70
Spitfire: barrel-rolling
Cape: forming up on your port side

coldskier0320
4 April 2006, 09:27 AM
"Hunter Nay'syk. I take it the N1 and Cloakshape accompanying you are on Guild business?" the Morjanssik controller replies begrudgingly. "Morjanssik city does not risk the lives of it's defence personnel or ships protecting the likes of bounty hunters. Nor do we appreciate you and your kind bringing trouble to our city. Is that understood?"

With the last bandit now rapidly cooling fish food, Tresk seems to visibly relax, "Understood, control", he says, more to appease the man, and not get in yet another fight, than from any sense or agreement with him, "We'd just like to land at the Guild's facilities, and there won't be any more problems. Thank you, sir."

Ronin
6 April 2006, 07:32 AM
"Understood, control. We'd just like to land at the Guild's facilities, and there won't be any more problems. Thank you, sir."

A sound comes over the comm...it could be a cough or a grumble. Or someone spitting.
"Understood, hunter Nay'syk. You have clearance to the Guild docking bays. Over and out."

As Cape and Spitfire form up either side of you to escort you in, you spot Morjanssik dead ahead.

The Naboo-accented voice comes over the comm again;
"Spitfire to hunter Nay'syk. You all okay over there? Are we expecting any more uninvited guests?"

coldskier0320
6 April 2006, 11:21 AM
"Spitfire to hunter Nay'syk. You all okay over there? Are we expecting any more uninvited guests?"

Tresk answered, "This is Nay'syk. Everyone on the ship is fine. And those three were the only party-crashers that followed us, so as far as I know, we're home free."

Ronin
6 April 2006, 04:36 PM
"This is Nay'syk. Everyone on the ship is fine. And those three were the only party-crashers that followed us, so as far as I know, we're home free."

"Glad to hear that. Just follow us and we'll take you in," the female voice continues after a pause, "Is- is that a Bothan accent?"

coldskier0320
6 April 2006, 06:42 PM
"It is indeed, my dear", Tresk praises approvingly, "It's refreshing to see that someone on this soggy planet has some class."

Ronin
7 April 2006, 05:59 AM
"It is indeed, my dear. It's refreshing to see that someone on this soggy planet has some class."

She laughs; "Actually I mentioned it because I've seen so many of your people here recently."

Yolikk looks across to Tresk with a raised eyebrow, though his gleaming steel eyes remain unreadable.

coldskier0320
7 April 2006, 11:59 AM
"Actually I mentioned it because I've seen so many of your people here recently."

Tresk swallows, suddenly aware of several eyes in the cockpit focused squarely on him. Cautiously, almost hesitantly, he speaks into the comm, "Ah, well that is interesting. I look forward to meeting you to thank you in person when we land."

And suddenly, Tresk Nay'syk, bounty hunter and sometime spy (as befitted his species), was thoroughly surprised...an emotion he severely disliked.

Ronin
7 April 2006, 03:48 PM
"Ah, well that is interesting. I look forward to meeting you to thank you in person when we land."

Spitfire's response is a second later than you expected; "Sure Nay'syk. Perhaps when you and your comrades pay myself and Saraz. See you at Guild HQ." and she cuts the comm.

Soon you're approaching the city; the main pod itself in the center atop the waves, with a dozen other, smaller citypods tethered to it by vast walkways...and then you spot the Belseris Steed.
At first you thought it must have been a Rebel Alliance starcruiser, but it's a little smaller than those in the holos and reports...definitely a Mon Calamari-made ship...though clearly lacking in a warship's armament, she's a vast luxury starliner.
Currently afloat atop the ocean, tethered to a citypod and surrounded by security buois and droids in the ocean.

You've still got hours to board but she's a most impressive sight...you just hope Mampossa paid for you to have a decent berth and not steerage!

SmugglerJedi
8 April 2006, 11:42 AM
"So that's where the rich people go," Kol mutters as he saunders onto the bridge. "I've always wondered what it would be like to have servants rub your toes and chew your food. And I've always come back from those wonderings with a, 'Nah.'" He shakes his head at the star liner. "I'd rather be a pilot than a passenger myself," he adds, giving Crix a quick look. Not menancing or angry, just quick.

He then clasps Tresk on the shoulder and says, "And don't worry big guy; I've made a much bigger fool of myself doing similiar stuff. Course I enjoy making a fool of myself. That's our difference."

coldskier0320
8 April 2006, 01:39 PM
"And don't worry big guy; I've made a much bigger fool of myself doing similiar stuff. Course I enjoy making a fool of myself. That's our difference."

Tresk, after none-too-gently removing Kol's hand from his shoulder, eyes the Sakiyan as if he were a young child...or maybe as if Kol had a mental illness, and said, "What, in blazes, are you talking about? Wait...I don't really want to know. If there is an unusually large bothan presence on this puddle, I want to know why."

KnightStalker
8 April 2006, 02:29 PM
Crix guides the ship to a soft touchdown on the landing pad, and then proceeds to power down and secure the flight controls, not that the group will be coming back for thsi ship or anything. It's just a pilot gesture to make things easier for the starport's ground crews when the time comes for them to impound the vessel as an abandoned ship.

"Okay, let's go pay our escorts and take care of any other matters since we've apparently got some free time between now and the liner's scheduled departure."

Crix eyes Tresk's sniper rifle case. "Perhaps this would be a good chance for you to see how bad off that rifle of your is. Surely there's a weaponsmith's or weapons dealer's shop here that you could check out for any parts you might need."

SmugglerJedi
8 April 2006, 05:13 PM
" If there is an unusually large bothan presence on this puddle, I want to know why."

Kol shrugs and walks out of the bridge. "Maybe you all need extra water to get that dandruff outta your hair."

Ronin
8 April 2006, 08:41 PM
Now landed in one of several hangars in the Bounty Hunter's Guild complex you find the facilities to be very well maintained: the hangar's deck is clean, the fuel pumps by the wall seem to be high tech models, there's a couple of tool cabinets you can see, collapsable freight containers stacked against the wall, a couple of electro-cages.
The benefits of guild membership.

As you secure the ship, the hangar's door opens and three figures enter the bay...
A tall woman in a crimson flightsuit with an oversized pale yellow leather duster concealing her figure, and an old fashioned flying helmet with goggles. Long brown hair escapes her headgear.
Next to her is a Kubaz in a charcoal flightsuit, his goggles even more strikingly oversized than the other bounty hunter's. A vibrodagger and blaster pistol are in plain sight at his belt.
And stood behind them, datapad in hand, is a matte-black RA-7 protocol droid.

Ronin
12 April 2006, 07:16 AM
Shadow addresses the group, " I suggest that Yolikk and Kol stay aboard until this transaction is done. One of us will come get them afterwards."

Turning to Tresk, she continues, "Care to lead the way?"

Crymoon
15 April 2006, 03:23 AM
Kerdan smiles brightly when they land and ignoring Kol's remarks he turns to Crix and Tresk:
"Nice work guys... reallly smooth..." he then turns to Shadow "I would glaldy join you during the welcoming talks... I'm of more use outside of the ship then inside... The closer I can get the better I am... " his voice turns to whisper as he smiles a wicked smile and adds quickly "...to any danger that may lay in our way I mean of course..."
He stands up and stretches...

As they move out of the ship he stays one step behind Shadow on her right side... Acting as some, rather unneccessary :P, bodyguard.

Ronin
15 April 2006, 04:47 AM
The woman nods to Tresk then to Shadow and Crix, looking the man up and down appraisingly. Her eyes then go to the ship, evidently expecting more people to emerge.
When they don't she speaks; "Ryoo," hooking her thumb at her chest, "Saraz," her thumb shifts to the dark clad Kubaz, "glad we could help you. Made some enemies here out on the ocean did you?" An eyebrow arches.

"And I am Bounty Hunters Guild representative RA-7Q, pleased to make your acquaintance," the droid bows, "May I enquire as to how long you intend to berth your ship in our facility, as the docking fee is two hundred credits per day."

KnightStalker
15 April 2006, 07:27 PM
As Crix vacates the pilot's seat, he grabs Kol's elbow and leans in towards him to whisper a comment. "Kol, help Yolikk secure this ship, and keep a close eye on him. He may be defecting from that group, but still, better to make sure he's not contacting the pirates behind our backs. As a former Imp, I've seen double- and triple-agents employ theatrics to make their story seem more plausible. No point in our taking any chances here. We'll signal you when we know for sure that it's safe for us all to leave the ship."

Crix then heads off to join the others meeting the Bounty Hunters.

OOC : Crix will leave the ship after waiting long enough to give the impression that he had powered down & secured the ship. As he walks down the ramp, he'll "casually" glance around, attempting to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Ronin
16 April 2006, 07:09 PM
Crix doesn't spot anything too unusual for a security-conscious organisation's hangar: security cameras and scanners imbedded in the walls, and some recessed ceiling pannels which you'd guess conceal drop-down blaster cannons. Making your way across the deck you'd guess some of the deck plates might be removable: strengthened to hold a ship's weight, but removable for...what? Storage? Secretly hiding something?

Ryoo's eyes dart to Crix as he leaves the ship and she nods slightly to herself.

SmugglerJedi
17 April 2006, 10:21 AM
"You got it," Kol says, patting Crix on the shoulder. "The squidhead won't make it far from the dinner plate. Hey, while you're at it, why don't you grab me a rice ball or something? I've eaten real food in days.." He lets Crix head out and makes a quick skim of the readouts, grinning at the alien.

"So, Yolikk, why we're securing the ship, why don't you enlighten me on how you can stand all that damn water?"

Jan Tolbara
17 April 2006, 10:52 AM
Shadow stands quietly, expecting Tresk to speak on behalf of the group.

Ronin
19 April 2006, 07:34 AM
"So, Yolikk, why we're securing the ship, why don't you enlighten me on how you can stand all that damn water?"

"You are a Sakiyan, are you not?" Yolikk asks, his head tilted to one side as he studies Kol. "Yet your skin pigmentation is destinctly different from the Sakiyan norm. Might I enquire as to your heritage? I recall Old Republic Xenobiologists arguing as to whether or not the Sakiyan race was a sub-species of baseline humans. Then again, it was discovered that the average Sakiyan brain is infact almost twice the size of the baseline human brain."
He then looks at you again and you could swear he's trying to size up your cerebral cortex.

SmugglerJedi
19 April 2006, 04:32 PM
"Yeah," Kol says, "I'm a Sakiyan. But what does skin color mean? Do I look ugly to you or something? Personally your own skin pigmentation is disgusting to me but you don't see me annoying you, do you?" He crosses his arms and sits on a console not in use. "And where exactly did you look up this stuff? You a xenobiology enthusiast or something? I understand language lovers all right--you need to know a bunch out in the Outer Rim--but biology? I'd think a pirate wouldn't have much time to study academics, what with the murdering and mayheming and stealing going on."

Ronin
19 April 2006, 05:48 PM
Yolikk starts, as if slapped and suddenly wakening, "My apologies...Kol, isn't it? Having so much of my own brain matter replaced has made me somewhat...distant on occasion. As to the source of my knowledge..." he taps a finger to his cranial implant.
"One question if I may? Sakiyans are not usually seen away from their homeworlds? Yet you do appear to be a spacer of sorts? If I remember correctly, my colleagues captured you smuggling goods onto Dac," he says, using the name for Mon Cal favoured by the Quarren.

coldskier0320
19 April 2006, 06:03 PM
[OOC: Sorry on the delay.]


"Ryoo," hooking her thumb at her chest, "Saraz," her thumb shifts to the dark clad Kubaz, "glad we could help you. Made some enemies here out on the ocean did you?" An eyebrow arches.

"I'm Tresk Nay'syk.", Tresk states simply, "And these are my colleagues, Kerdan, Crix, and finally Shadow.", indicating each one in turn.

"I extend you my deepest gratitude for your timely assistance out there.", Tresk adds, indicating the approximate location of the shootout with a gesture, "But about this matter of payment, what was the price we agreed upon again? I was, uh, understandably distracted at the time, but I'm sure you can refresh my memory. In addition, I'd like to know a bit more about my brothers and sisters here on Mon Calamari. This is very interesting indeed to me. But that's for later, perhaps over drinks?"

Thats when the droid speaks up:


"And I am Bounty Hunters Guild representative RA-7Q, pleased to make your acquaintance," the droid bows, "May I enquire as to how long you intend to berth your ship in our facility, as the docking fee is two hundred credits per day."

"Pleasures all mine, RA-7Q", Tresk answers, giving the droid a surprising amount of respect, especially considering how he treated other members of the group, "As for the length of your stay, I should say we'll keep it as short as possible, but that wil be up to my current mission's leader." He indicates Shadow, "Shadow, how long will we be here? I should think we can be out of here later today, as soon as possible, really. But I'd like to get your imput as well."

Jan Tolbara
19 April 2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
He indicates Shadow, "Shadow, how long will we be here? I should think we can be out of here later today, as soon as possible, really. But I'd like to get your imput as well."

"A few hours," she adds flatly.

SmugglerJedi
20 April 2006, 03:32 AM
"Smuggling and pirating aren't all that different," Kol says, laughing. "A pirate robs his client, a smuggler cheats them. And as for the record I wasn't smuggling onto <i>Dac</i>, I was refueling here before taking my cargo elsewhere. Not that it matters now; my client is probably going to have a fit and'll drag my butt all the way back to her hideout where she can slap me silly."


"One question if I may? Sakiyans are not usually seen away from their homeworlds? Yet you do appear to be a spacer of sorts?"

Kol nods. "You can say I don't really know Sakiyan culture. Course, you don't have much of a choice when they kick you to the curb. I haven't really ran into many other Sakiyans out here so I wouldn't how they dress, eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom. I do my thing and as long as you don't pester me you can do whatever the hell you want. Probably where I picked up this humor, watching all that stupid crap that goes on in the outside galaxy. I'm told my speices isn't very funny. Huh, I usually find the serious people are the funniest to watch."

He makes a gesture towards the head. "Do where did you pick that up? Get shot and had to replace something? Or did you do that all on your own?"

Ronin
20 April 2006, 06:50 AM
"So where did you pick that up? Get shot and had to replace something? Or did you do that all on your own?"

Yolikk chuckles, but it's hollow and bitter.
"A contract went bad. We pirate didn't just hit shipping...we also did a little bounty hunting. This," he says, tapping his cranial implant, "used to belong to our target. Things went bad during the snatch; he lost his head, I took a slug to the back of my head. Our captain didn't want to lose me, and we needed to at least get the data in here back to our employer or we'd all be fish bate. Thus we came up with a compromise: my life was saved, we got the data to our employer...and my navigational and slicing skills increased exponentially. I still haven't unlocked all the files and functions..."
He then taps one of his eyes with a finger.
"As for these, I was born blind," his voice grows bitter; "you wouldn't know the agony of having to have your eyes replaced as your skull grew, lest they fall from your sockets."
You notice how red and raw the skin is around his chrome eyes.

Outside the ship:
"Just a couple of hours?" RA-7Q repeats, "Then we shall simply charge you fifty credits, and provide refueling services free of charge. Please contact Guild Traffic control when you wish to depart. Also, we would most appreciate payment now..." he says, extending a hand toward Tresk.

"We'll take cash too, two thousand each, if you don't mind," Ryoo adds. "Then perhaps we can all head to a tapcafe...compare notes."

SmugglerJedi
20 April 2006, 07:18 AM
Kol pretends he's impressed at the bounty hunting story. "So, you also catch data grubbers. Well, that's definitely interesting [In Kol's Mind: <i>I'm not surprised in the least</i>]. So, you ever have to deal with memories that you know aren't yours or stuff like that? Hey, here's a thought. Maybe when this is all over you could go to a major holomovie studio and see if they'll make a movie out of the Quarren with another dude's head. [<i>I'd rather they just shot you, but I'll go for being ridiculed.</i>]"

Kol takes a look out the window. "I wonder what they're talking about. Payment between Guildies doesn't take that long, does it?"

Ronin
20 April 2006, 07:24 AM
"Your sarcasm is duly noted," Yolikk replies deadpan then peeks out the cockpit; "Hmm. I'd say it's pretty typical for bounty hunters...especially two human females in the same business...then you throw in two human males as well." He rolls his eyes.

SmugglerJedi
20 April 2006, 07:27 AM
"Yeah," Kol says, chuckling. He coughs into his hand, but its really a coverup for a word. "Hey, maybe after this they'll head to a tapcafe to exchange some 'notes'," he adds, doing the little quote thing with his fingers around "notes".

[OOC: Everyone knows the quote thing, right? When you bob them up and down? I just couldn't think of what to call it...]

Ronin
20 April 2006, 07:42 AM
Yolikk looks back to the Sakiyan; "Well, Kol, I do know that you didn't come to the Krakana's base with them, but you left with them...but where do you go from here? They're taking me back to meet their employer...will I have the dubious pleasure of your company for the rest of the trip?"

SmugglerJedi
20 April 2006, 08:48 AM
Kol shrugs. "Probably. If Tresk or Shadow doesn't kill me first."

coldskier0320
20 April 2006, 09:51 AM
"We'll take cash too, two thousand each, if you don't mind," Ryoo adds. "Then perhaps we can all head to a tapcafe...compare notes."

"Excellent."

Tresk turns to Shadow, Crix, and Kerdan, to make the necessary transfers onto a pair of blank credit chips, which he then hands to Ryoo and Saraz.

"With our gratitude." he adds with a warm smile, "And as far as a tapcafe, do you two know of anywhere good? I'm afraid the last time I chose a tapcafe, there were....complications."

Ronin
20 April 2006, 05:38 PM
Saraz accepts the credchip with a nod, checking it with a small datapad, he then tootles something in his own language to Ryoo.

"Thank you," Ryoo translates; And, ah, will your comrades still aboard be joining us for refreshments?"

The droid waits patiently for it's own payment.

SmugglerJedi
21 April 2006, 09:20 AM
Kol continues to watch the group talk out there. He sees Ryoo nod in his direction, and he groans. "I hope they're not asking us to go to a tapcafe with them," he mutters. When Yolikk looks up for an explanation, he says, "Last time, I got into a lot of trouble. Namely, your bunch."

Ronin
21 April 2006, 03:52 PM
Yolikk holds up his hands in surrender and puts on as innocent an expression as a cyborg can; "My ex-comrades, comrade. Unless you hadn't noticed, I wanted to get out of that outfit. Mampossa promises to pay much better..."

SmugglerJedi
22 April 2006, 02:44 AM
Kol leans in closer. "Hey, just for the record," he asks, "Who is Mampossa? I keep hearing about him--Mampossa this, Mampossa that, Mampossa your butt's gonna flatten our spaceship--but really, who is he? He's a Hutt, right? Sounds familiar but I can't really place him."

Ronin
24 April 2006, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
Kol leans in closer. "Hey, just for the record," he asks, "Who is Mampossa? I keep hearing about him--Mampossa this, Mampossa that, Mampossa your butt's gonna flatten our spaceship--but really, who is he? He's a Hutt, right? Sounds familiar but I can't really place him."

"Who is Mampossa? You ask? She is The Lady. The madame of the flesh trade in the Outer and Mid Rims. For that reason alone I'm surprised someone like you hasn't met her acquaintance," he replies. "Aside from the pleasure trade she also has smaller spice rackets, funds privateers and is branching out into other markets...data-theft, even politics..."

coldskier0320
24 April 2006, 09:47 AM
"Thank you," Ryoo translates; And, ah, will your comrades still aboard be joining us for refreshments?"

"Ahh, I believe so. However, I must speak with the guild rep, and also pay his capable liaison here before we depart. Or...maybe you could help me.", Tresk suggests, turning to the droid, "During the course of our adventure, my beloved weapon came upon some misfortune. Might there be somewhere here that I can see to its repairs?"

Tresk says all this while putting together yet another conglomerated cred chip to cover their docking expenses. Finally, after getting a response from the droid, he says, "Excuse me for a moment, I'd like to have a word with my colleague here."

With that, he leads Kerdan aside and asks him, "Kerdan, do you have any contacts here on Mon Calamari? I ask because we will be needing to sell this ship...or at least have it disappear, and if you knew anyone here who ran some sort of...starship chop shop...it would save us having to comm Mampossa to find a 'friendly location'."

SmugglerJedi
24 April 2006, 12:17 PM
"Oh, the flesh trade," Kol mutters unhappily. "Might explain why. Not a big fan of it. But I'm sure I'll run into Mampossa sooner or later. Probably after I tell my client about this misfortune....not that she would understand, but you know, I have a little code of honor to uphold." He says this by putting up two fingers very close to each other.

Ronin
25 April 2006, 08:08 AM
"During the course of our adventure, my beloved weapon came upon some misfortune. Might there be somewhere here that I can see to its repairs?"


The Kubaz then tootles something to Ryoo, she nods then translates;
"Saraz here's pretty good with a lathe, believe it or not. He can probably fix up your piece...what exactly are we talking about?"



"Oh, the flesh trade," Kol mutters unhappily. "Might explain why. Not a big fan of it. But I'm sure I'll run into Mampossa sooner or later. Probably after I tell my client about this misfortune....not that she would understand, but you know, I have a little code of honor to uphold."

Yolikk raises an eyebrow; "And just who were you formerly employed by, if you don't mind my asking?"

coldskier0320
25 April 2006, 08:54 AM
"Saraz here's pretty good with a lathe, believe it or not. He can probably fix up your piece...what exactly are we talking about?"

With a mournful expression, Tresk simply opens his rifle's case, for all to see the mess it had become. Hopefully Saraz was very good...

SmugglerJedi
25 April 2006, 11:52 AM
Yolikk raises an eyebrow; "And just who were you formerly employed by, if you don't mind my asking?"

Kol groans and scratches his bald head. He looks away for a minute, reluctant to answer. "My ex."

Ronin
25 April 2006, 05:52 PM
With a mournful expression, Tresk simply opens his rifle's case, for all to see the mess it had become. Hopefully Saraz was very good...

You've never heard a Kubaz suck in air between their teeth before.
After much tootling, Ryoo eventually translates that Saraz thinks he can do it, but it might take a few hours, six at the most, and he'll charge 500 credits.


"My ex."

"Mixing business and pleasure? Not wise, my friend, not wise," Yolikk comments.

SmugglerJedi
26 April 2006, 05:21 AM
"It wasn't pleasure!" Kol said indignantly. "Especially not at blasterpoint. If I didn't do this job she would have kicked my butt from here to Coruscant."

Jan Tolbara
30 April 2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Outside the ship:
"We'll take cash too, two thousand each, if you don't mind," Ryoo adds. "Then perhaps we can all head to a tapcafe...compare notes."

"After what we've been through," Shadow interrupts, "I could certainly use a drink."

Ronin
30 April 2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara

"After what we've been through," Shadow interrupts, "I could certainly use a drink."

"Okay then," Ryoo replies, waiting for Tresk to decide about his rifle, "I know a good place near the main starport. They know me there, so it should be trouble free."

Ronin
6 May 2006, 03:00 AM
Eventually Kol and Yolikk join the rest of the team in the hangar...both receiving long looks of interest from Saraz and Ryoo.

"Okay, if you'll follow me," Ryoo says as she leads you out of the Guild hangar building and to a tap cafe near the main starport. Saraz, cradling Tresk's rifle like an injured child, heads off toward one of the other buildings in the Guild compound.

The tapcafe is one of the more upmarket establishments in the area, though Ryoo seems to know the tux-clad Houk at the door and you're admitted without having to check your weapons at the door.

A Quarren waitress leads you to a second-floor table with a view of the city's eastern docks, and the sun heading for the horizon in a reddening sky.

Ryoo sits opposite you, both hands atop the table as a show of faith. "Well, Nay'syk," she starts, though looking at all of you, " I won't be stupid enough to ask if you're part of whatever's going on here, but as I said: there's more Bothans in Morjanssik than usual. Sure, could be holiday season in Bothan Space, and everyone thought they'd come here for some water sports," she smiles gently, "but I doubt it."

Jan Tolbara
6 May 2006, 09:57 AM
Impressed by the show of faith, Shadow rests her elbows on the edge of the table and listens to the ensuing conversation.

Crymoon
6 May 2006, 10:27 AM
Kerdan's smile grows bigger with each passing minute - first when they entered the upper level then when the Houk let them pass (Kerdan noded with his head to the bouncer) then as the waitress leads them to the table. He sits there seemingly relaxed and just watching the beautiful sunset but in truth his smile hides his worries.

When they entered the cafe he quickly scanned the area for possible other exits and possible dangers (number of bodyguards and their position etc). As he sat looking at the window he's really looking at the reflection of the room trying to keep an eye on Ryoo. He listens quite carefully to the conversation as an increase of Bothans in such a place is never without a meaning the point is to find the real one.

He's smiling softly and from time to time looks after a cuter waitress at that time scanning the area for any changes.

For the outside world, I pray, he should seem like an casual and maybe a bit horny observer. At that time he says nothing beside ordering some nice local drinks.

coldskier0320
6 May 2006, 10:46 AM
Ryoo sits opposite you, both hands atop the table as a show of faith. "Well, Nay'syk," she starts, though looking at all of you, " I won't be stupid enough to ask if you're part of whatever's going on here, but as I said: there's more Bothans in Morjanssik than usual. Sure, could be holiday season in Bothan Space, and everyone thought they'd come here for some water sports," she smiles gently, "but I doubt it."

Tresk holds up his hands submissively, "Honestly, my dear, I don't know why they're here, else I wouldn't have been so interested when you made that comment. I'm a bounty hunter, pure and simple. I just wish I knew why my people are here in such numbers. And I agree with you that it's no coincidence. We Bothans do everything for a reason.", after a moment, he asks, "Are you sure you don't have any idea why they're here? Not even a hunch?"

[OOC: Gather Information]

Tresk is careful not to reveal anything about his earlier meeting with Wist, focusing totally on Ryoo. Then again, with her looks, that wasn't very hard to do.

SmugglerJedi
6 May 2006, 11:06 AM
Kol follows the group down the tapcafe. He keeps his hands in his vest's pockets, doing his best to hide the pistol. He'd rather not use it if at all possible, but these days you'd never know when an enemy--or just a really annoying friend--would show up.

He gapes openly at the tux-clad Houk, gazing up it's mountainous gut. "Holy crap," he says. "I never knew that came in that model." As the Houk looks at him, he lets out a tiny yelp and scurries around behind Shadow. "A Houk in a tux," he mutters in her ear, "The universe is certainly coming to an end. Apocalypse is now."

He manages to sit a the table--barely. As he's the last to get in, only about a third of his butt is actually on the seat, and so he's forced to lean out like a school child on a crowded Coruscant school hoverbus. Ignoring just about everyone else, he sits with both legs pointed out, elbows on knees, chin on palms. He guestures to the waitress with a finger.

"Say," he asks, "You wouldn't happen to have any Dylerian Brandy, would you?"

"I'm sorry sir, we don't have any of that."
"Damn. Edvian Wine?"
"No, none of that either."
"Kespian Ale?"
"No sir."
"Qulox Brew?"
"I've never even heard of that."
"Oh for crying out loud--Xebec Lager?"
"I'm afraid we're out."
"Gainax Genesis?"
"No, but I might be able to whip up an Evangelion."

He closes his eyes, looks to the ceiling, raises his hands and silently utters a triumphant "Yes." "Thank you," he says to her. "That'll be perfect."

[OOC: Maybe not an a$$, but some nice background action to the main discussion. As I figure, I'm not really into the main plot just yet, and so it doesn't concern Kol.]

KnightStalker
6 May 2006, 03:38 PM
Crix casually surveys the room when they walk in and take their seats. He also pays attention to the conversation out of curiosity in regards to the large Bothan presence.

When the group orders drinks, Crix asks for Corellian Whiskey.

Ronin
7 May 2006, 06:51 AM
The second waitress; a Trianii rolls her eyes at Kol's requests but is far more polite to both Crix and Kerdan. Ryoo orders a fruit juice. When no order is forthcoming from Shadow or Tresk, she heads off to the bar.

"Well, with the fall of Black Sun, Mon Cal's seen some changes. The Rebellion's always had a presence, but there's also Vigo Perit: he runs most of the planet's underground...or at least he did until the syndicate got beheaded and it was every Vigo for himself. Lots of other groups moved in to snatch turf."
Just then the Trianii returns with everyone's drinks. She places the drinks infront of everyone, Kol's last. "I hope this is to your satisfaction," she says to the Sakiyan before leaving.

"If there's a heightened Bothan presence here it smells like the 'Net," Ryoo continues, using the shortened name for the Bothan spynet; "They could be working for the Alliance...for Perit...for Perit's rivals...heck, they might just be here to take some turf themselves."
She leans back and takes a drink, watching the sun as it nears the horizon; "I had my suspicions about you lot...but perhaps you're not connected afterall."

"Anyway," she sighs; I've got my own marks to hunt down. Say...I don't suppose you six have seen any Gran in the last few days? "

SmugglerJedi
7 May 2006, 09:09 AM
"I hope this is to your satisfaction,"

"I too," Kol whispers as she walks away. He takes a sip, and readily admits it's not too bad. He listens in on the conversation, and keeps his mouth shut. <i>"The Net? Black Sun? Jaholak, do I want to get involved in this? Lemme see--Bothan Spynet, that's like a point five, Black Sun, almost twelve, Vigo Perit, maybe two, gang war, three, chance to get off this rock--well, that doesn't count in points but since it's so nice I'll put it at a thirty. So that's around forty-seven adrenaline points. Yeah, I do."</i>

He turns to follow her gaze at the sun. It's a sun that he doesn't really like; damn thing got him crashed in this annoying place. He notes down the fact that she's after a Gran, but he doesn't recall any. Then a thought strikes him and he starts to eavesdrop on just about everyone else in the bar with his heightened sense of hearing. Maybe one of his friends is sneaking around...

[OOC: <b>Ronin</b>, check your inbox please.]

KnightStalker
7 May 2006, 09:18 AM
At a proper moment in the conversation, Crix moves over to Tresk and whispers in his ear, so as not to be overhead.

"Tresk, earlier when you pulled Kerdan aside, I overheard you two discuss chopshops. I've been thinking about it and I seem to remember a shady Koorivar merchant by the name of Sosein Asatone who happens to have a chopshop here on Morjanssik, or somewhere near here. I think we can take the ship to him to dispose of it with little fuss."

Ronin
9 May 2006, 06:19 AM
After finishing her drink, she adds; "Or a Wookiee?", studying your reactions.

Jan Tolbara
9 May 2006, 12:32 PM
"I seem to recall encountering a Gran and a Wookiee a while back," states Shadow. "They caused me a lot of back pain and owe me a new blaster."

coldskier0320
9 May 2006, 06:48 PM
When the waitress returns with the drinks, Tresk smiles politely and says, "My dear, I'm terribly sorry for failing to order my drink at an appropriate time. A bottle of water would be perfect, if you could bring me one at your convenience. There's no hurry though, whenever you get the chance."


"If there's a heightened Bothan presence here it smells like the 'Net," Ryoo continues, using the shortened name for the Bothan spynet; "They could be working for the Alliance...for Perit...for Perit's rivals...heck, they might just be here to take some turf themselves."

Tresk listens, nodding curtly at this, "A little bit of all of those, most likely."


"I had my suspicions about you lot...but perhaps you're not connected afterall."

"Let's not get hasty in the generalizations", Tresk opines, grinning all the while, "Though I can't speak for my colleagues, here, I enjoy learning new and different things." Though this, he makes his position clear to Ryoo. Hopefully, his up-front honesty will get the same from her.

"If I may ask", Tresk begins, "As one hunter to another...why are you after these guys? I'd be willing to bet we had contact with your marks."


"Tresk, earlier when you pulled Kerdan aside, I overheard you two discuss chopshops. I've been thinking about it and I seem to remember a shady Koorivar merchant by the name of Sosein Asatone who happens to have a chopshop here on Morjanssik, or somewhere near here. I think we can take the ship to him to dispose of it with little fuss."

"Excellent!", Tresk murmurs to Crix surreptitiously, "After the refreshments here, we'll get back to the ship and take it to this fellow. Let Shadow know."

Ronin
10 May 2006, 06:25 AM
Ryoo nods understandingly at what Shadow says then sits back as Tresk continues. "Okay. Myself and Saraz accepted a contract out of Kashyyyk. His name is Rothoril. I don't know his Gran partner's name, infact we only just learned about his existence today."
"It seems Roth' was forced to leave his homeworld about a year ago, and we've been tracking him the last three months. He's been on Dac for a couple of weeks. I heard there was a shootout in a cantina here early today involving a Wookiee, a Gran, some humans, a Kel Dor, a Bothan and a Quarren."
She casts her gaze across your group, "The Kel Dor seems to have transformed into an albino Sakiyan, but everyone else fits the bill."
She sighs, "Anyway. If anything comes to mind, it'd be much appreciated. And watch your backs. If Rothoril is after you, you'd best be extra careful. Apparently he was quite the war hero back in the Clone Wars. But things changed. The least of his offences now seems to be using his claws in combat..."

SmugglerJedi
10 May 2006, 07:06 AM
"The Kel Dor seems to have transformed into an albino Sakiyan, but everyone else fits the bill."

"I just forget to put on my wrinkle cream this morning," Kol says, sucking down more of his drink. He sighs and turns back to watching the crowd. Nope, none of his friends are around; is that a relief or a darn?

Ronin
10 May 2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
"I just forget to put on my wrinkle cream this morning,"

This elicits a chuckle from Ryoo; "A Sakiyan with a sense of humour? Wonders never cease, or is it really a colourblind shapeshifter?" she jokes, peering at Kol across the table.

SmugglerJedi
10 May 2006, 12:19 PM
"Colorblind?" he says, giving her a look of mock horror. "I beg your pardon, ma'am, but Sakiyans have excellent vision. We don't even need light. And good hearing too, I might add." He winks at the others, just to rub in the fact that yes, he <i>did</i> hear all their jokes behind his back.

"As for my sense of humor, well, it's true that most Sakiyans are a bunch of hardnosed jerks who don't appreciate making fun of people. But really, I don't like to talk about them much; it's just not my style to brood over a bunch of incompetent, cold-hearted idiots who don't admire the true treasures in the galaxy." He looks her up and down, before adding, "The true treasures being exceptionally gifted pilots such as yourself."

KnightStalker
10 May 2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
"Excellent!", Tresk murmurs to Crix surreptitiously, "After the refreshments here, we'll get back to the ship and take it to this fellow. Let Shadow know."

Crix waits for the opportunity to discreetly speak to Shadow. When he gets the chance, he whispers to her, "When we get done here, there's a chopshop on or near Morjanssik that belongs to a Koorivar I know that we can take the ship to and dispose of it."

Jan Tolbara
10 May 2006, 07:06 PM
"Good," Shadow quietly responds with a slight nod. "I'm going to put this in your hands. Can you get it done within a couple of hours?"

coldskier0320
11 May 2006, 10:27 AM
"It's a little-known fact", Tresk murmurs to Ryoo, mock-seriously, rolling his eyes, "That all Sakiyans are, in fact, naturally of the shade you see here. You see...they're all blushing in perpetual embarassment at having this one among their ranks."

At this, he shoots a glance over to Kol, shaking his head...but grinning. It seems that the end of immediate hostilities has put the bothan in an infinitely better mood.

His fur rippling contentedly, he says to Ryoo, "I'll be sure to let you know of any information relating to your hunt while I am still here on Mon Cal-- er, on Dac."

SmugglerJedi
14 May 2006, 08:35 AM
Kol shoots Tresk a look that says, "You just betrayed me to the <i>Imps</i>!", but it's all in fun. "Why, embarrassed because of <i>me</i>? That's not true!" Then he thinks for a moment. "Actually, yes it is, theyr'e all embarrassed that they're not as good as me." He then downs his drink, smiles, and starts coughing hysterically. "Oh, fark, wrong tube!"

Ronin
14 May 2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
His fur rippling contentedly, he says to Ryoo, "I'll be sure to let you know of any information relating to your hunt while I am still here on Mon Cal-- er, on Dac."

"Much appreciated," she nods, "And if I do happened to see the Wook' myself, I'll put a bolt through his hide for all our sakes."

She laughs briefly at the Sakiyan's antics and orders another drink.
"It should take Saraz an hour or so to fix up your rifle...anything I can help you with in the meantime?" she offers.

SmugglerJedi
14 May 2006, 10:01 AM
"I wouldn't mind to know where the nearest comm terminal is," Kol mutters, laying his head on the table. "Y'know, get in touch with the homestead." He rubs his forehead. "Waitress! Can I get a water over here please?"

SmugglerJedi
23 May 2006, 11:11 AM
SmugglerJedi wrote on Today 09:37 AM:
"Well gents," Kol says, standing up, taking the glass of water from the waitress and downs it in one shot, "I have to make a call. If you'll excuse me..."

Out on the street, he finds a comm terminal pretty quickly and slides in one of the few credits he has left. It takes a minute for the connection to get through, during which he looks around anxiously. When it finally comes it, he says, "Hey Nuuk, howzit--oh, hey Bork."

Bork (aka BRK-49812), the rusty protocol droid that Nuuk bought at auction millennia ago, makes a nearly unintelligible sound. Of course, unintelligble to any non-Sakiyan. "Hello, Mr. Kaj-Yil. How are you today?"

Kol makes a tiny scowl. "Fine, fine," he mutters. "Look, can you patch me in to Nuuk, like, um, fast? It's important."

Even though Bork's eyes can't move, it seems as if the droid raises an eyebrow. "How important?"

"Don't screw with me, Bork. Just get me through."

"You're very impatient. Do you require a massage? I know several massage clinics on Mon Calamari that you could visit."

Kol wishes he could just reach his hand through the monitor and scramble the droid's circuit. "And you're very slow. Do you require a reprogramming? I know several droid upgrade clinics on Nar Shadaa that you could visit."

The screen switches to a waiting logo for twenty milliseconds before Nuuk appears.

"Kol! So nice to see you! Did Bork give you a hard time?"

"Harder than I'd like. Look, I got bad news."

Nuuk conspiciously holds up a sabacc deck. "Let me guess; you lost the cargo she gave you."

Kol slumps. "Don't tell me she's there with you."

Nuuk laughs. "Course not. I just love to see you when you're so despondent."

"Sadist."

"Now now, temper temper. I take it you lost the ship as well, yes? I see, not a problem. It was a cheap box anyways. What happened?" Kol recalls the entire adventure of what happened inside the base, and a little of what happened afterwards. "Huh. Bounty hunters saved your butt? Funny; I wonder if Latashi sent them. I think she did, if only to make sure you got the cargo delivered. Let me handle this, m'boy. Stay with those hunters for now, and try not to get on their nerves."

"A little late for that."

"Well, just try to minimize it. I'll contact you again when I need you. And if you happen to bump into Mitch and Bobos, tell them they owe me forty thousand and a pint of blood from each."

Kol whistles. "What did they do to you?"

"Not your concern. Just stay out of trouble, will ya?" The line cuts, and Kol sighs before turning around and heading back to the tapcaf.

Ronin
24 May 2006, 06:29 AM
After almost an hour's searching and asking around, Crix and Kol at last find "Sosein Asatone's Starship Repairs" in one of the outer pods of Morjansikk city.
The 'shop' is an old two-storey hangar complex. There seems to be an office (accessed by a staircase) over the main entrance...which leads into the cavernous hangar. Stood at the doorway you can't see very far into the hangar but there seems to be a jumble of ships in various states of disrepair and other pieces of machinery or debris scattered about. A couple of binary loadlifters are carrying a hyperdrive assembly across the hangar. By the staircase up to the office is a push-bell...and a symbol resembling the wing of a TIE fighter: an indication of Asatone's past career in the Corporate Alliance, back in the Clone Wars.


After saying her goodbyes Ryoo stays at the bar, lighting up a thin cigarette and watching the sun set.
Heading back to the Guild compound some time later Tresk's ID gets him, Shadow, Kerdan and Yolikk back in...where they find Saraz...and Tresk's repaired rifle. Thankfully the Guild protocol droid RA-7Q is still on hand to translate.
"Hunter Saraz wishes to inform you that he successfully repaired your rifle and that he would like to be paid the sum of five hundred credits now."
Saraz also glances at Shadow's rather battered, recently-stolen E-11 then jabbers something to RA-7Q;
"Hunter Saraz also enquired as to whether or not you would be interested in purchasing any hardware?"

Jan Tolbara
24 May 2006, 07:56 AM
Happy to hear the question, Shadow replies flatly, "What have you got?"

SmugglerJedi
24 May 2006, 08:20 AM
"Corporate Alliance," Kol mutters. "How nice." He turns to Crix. "You think he'd mind if we walk on in, or would I have a bolt in my forehead for smudging the floor?" He eyes the parts lying around enviously.

coldskier0320
24 May 2006, 12:57 PM
Making the necessary transaction with Saraz, Tresk cradles his rifle as if it were a newborn, smiling fondly. As soon as he saw to his Shadowsuit repairs, he'd be set, though that would wait for another time, after he got his pay from Mampossa.

After his rifle repair is a thing of the past, Tresk is content to let Shadow do the talking, and simply sit to the side, disassembling his weapon to make sure everythign is in good working order. Things weren't perfect, of course, and he'd have to readjust everythign all over again to meet his demanding standards, but in time, with much practice, he'd get it back into shape...

...for once, Tresk seemed not to notice Kol...oh wait, he thinks to himself, that's because he's not here.

KnightStalker
24 May 2006, 04:44 PM
Crix replies to Kol, "Let's err on the side of caution, with today's Galactic Society, trouble tends to turn up far too often, and at the most inappropriate times."

Crix then reaches out and presses the push-button, and waits to see what happens next.

SmugglerJedi
25 May 2006, 05:19 AM
"You mean I turn up at the most inappropriate times."

KnightStalker
25 May 2006, 04:13 PM
"I never said you're trouble. What I was referring to was the big 'Holonet Top Story" kind of trouble that's been prelavent throughout recent history: The Mandalorian Massacre on Galidran at the hands of the Jedi some 40 or so years ago, theTrade Federation's blockade of Naboo, the formation of the CIS and the outbreak of the Clone Wars, the more recent Rebellion against the Empire, I won't even get into all the spice trade and other criminal organizations."

Crix waits a few more moments, and if nobody answers the door, Crix will press the push-button again.

SmugglerJedi
26 May 2006, 08:12 AM
"Oh." Kol waits with Crix for someone to show up. But he only lets a few moments pass before saying, "So, in other words, with the criminal organizations, you mean me?"

Ronin
29 May 2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Happy to hear the question, Shadow replies flatly, "What have you got?"

You've never seen a Kubaz smile...until now. He tootles to the droid, who eventually translates;
"Well, that all depends on what you can afford? And what kind of weaponry you are looking for? If it is pistols, we have everything from DDC Defenders to DL-44s and some nice IR-5's that fell off the back of an Alliance freighter. Most careless. Upscale we have E-5s, G8...I do believe we have an ESPO riot gun somewhere in stores. Since you're not actually Guild personnel, we can't offer you a discount, but I can guarantee that all our hardware is well kept and maintained. And battle-proven."


At Sosein Asatone's Starship Repairs
The electric buzzer eventually summons the attention of a pair of very far-from-home Jawas from the hangar-area itself but just as you think you're going to have to deal with them, the shop owner himself: Asatone the Koorivar. He's clan in dull robes that have definitely seen better days, and a pair of small crystal spectales sit atop his wrinkled nose. His large, twisting cranial horn has dulled with age and is now a pale green. Before he speaks, he's joined by a towering blue Feeorin.
Squinting through his glasses, he finally opens his mouth and out comes a croaky whisper;
"Yeeeees? And how may an honest businessman such as myself help you two fine gentlebeings?"
The two Jawas are chattering to each other, no doubt sizing up your gear.

SmugglerJedi
29 May 2006, 01:45 PM
"Hey, sand for brains," Kol says, looking down on the Jawas. "Yeah, you two, this isn't a bazaar. I know that look. Go pick somebody else's pockets." He then turns to Crix. "I swear, every time I see a Jawa, it's like he wants to just reach in my pants and take something. It's annoying."

KnightStalker
29 May 2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Squinting through his glasses, he finally opens his mouth and out comes a croaky whisper;
"Yeeeees? And how may an honest businessman such as myself help you two fine gentlebeings?"
The two Jawas are chattering to each other, no doubt sizing up your gear.

Crix shoos the Jawas away and addresses Sosein.

"Remember me, Asatone? Crix Kellar. My associate Kol here and I have some business for you, if you're interested."

OOC : Diplomacy, Gather Information & Profession (smuggler) checks.

Crix will wait to see if Sosein is interested and invites them inside before going into any further details.

Jan Tolbara
30 May 2006, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Ronin


You've never seen a Kubaz smile...until now. He tootles to the droid, who eventually translates;
"Well, that all depends on what you can afford? And what kind of weaponry you are looking for? If it is pistols, we have everything from DDC Defenders to DL-44s and some nice IR-5's that fell off the back of an Alliance freighter. Most careless. Upscale we have E-5s, G8...I do believe we have an ESPO riot gun somewhere in stores. Since you're not actually Guild personnel, we can't offer you a discount, but I can guarantee that all our hardware is well kept and maintained. And battle-proven."

Shadow smiles back, though unseen through her mask, and replies, "Those DL-44s sound inviting. Let's take a look at those."

Ronin
30 May 2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by KnightStalker
"Remember me, Asatone? Crix Kellar. My associate Kol here and I have some business for you, if you're interested."


The Koorivar leans forward and squints harder. His face then hardens.
"Aaaah yes. I do remember you. Didn't recognise you without your armour. Or your barrel against my forehead. This doesn't look like you're here on Imperial business this time though? Had a change of heart did we?"
He breaks into a coughing fit then sighs deeply and mutters "the war's over now. Over."
"What is it that you want, Kellar? If it's business, I'm interested. So long as it doesn't get me shot. Again."


Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Shadow smiles back, though unseen through her mask, and replies, "Those DL-44s sound inviting. Let's take a look at those."

Saraz nods.
RA-7Q then turns to Tresk, Kerdan and Yolikk; "You three gentlebeings will have to wait here while we show the lady the merchandise in the armoury."
He politely motions you to a lounge with sofas, holocasts projected on the wall, and a card table.
The two Trandoshans Tresk met earlier at the door are evidently now off duty and are cleaning their carbines while watching a podrace.



{Infomercial voiceover}
"Are your Lekku dry, lumpy and flaky? Tthen what you need is Loo-Tox! 100% natural mineral oil for keeping those Lekku soft and supple! Once a day application, and get results in 17 galactic standard days or your credits back! Act now, don't delay! If you call while this advertisement is running, our operators will throw in a free Luukle Wrap to keep those Lekku warm and snug on those dry arid days! And it fits Togrutans too!"

"Loo-Tox, another proud sponsor of the Galactic Sportscast Network."{/informerciall voiceover}

Neeeeeeeerm!!!!!!
VU-VU-VU-VU-VU-VU-VU-VU-VU-UV-U-VU-VU-V!!!!!!!
NerRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEErrrrmmmmmmmmmm!

{Sportcaster1}
This is gonna be close! VizViz is in the lead with his SoruSuub Deluxe, and Eoril's chewing at the rear of his pod! Wai-t, what's he doing? Uh-oh, somethings caught, and- OOOHHH!!!!!!! That was brutal! I'm glad I'm up here and not down there where the response and med teams gotta clean that sorry mess up. Eoril never shoulda hit the boosters without first making sure he wasn't hooked on Viz's pod... "

{Sportscaster2}"And Roir takes the lead from third position! And there goes the checkered flags! Hey, I gotta wonder, you think Eoril's gonna need a lifetime of Loo-Tox is he survives?"

{Sportscaster1}(laughs)"But he's not even a Twi'lek, or Togrutan for that matter!"

{Sportscaster2}"Yeah, but that stuffs gotta be good for somethin other than Lekku right?"

{Sportcaster1}"What's Eoril gonna use it on this time?"

{Sportsacter2}"It wouldn't be for his use, but as payment for all them Twi'lek maseuses he's gonna need durring recovery! I heard this race was going to make or break him..."

{Sportcaster1}"You don't say... Well, I guess since he's almost half prosthetic by now. And those things gotta catch a fair pricetag. Hope he's got insurance on them."


Shadow is let down a few corridors, past a couple of on-duty guards and though a large vault-like blastdoor into a small but very well stocked armoury.
The Kubaz and droid lead her to a rack of pistols...with pride of place taken by two DL-44 heavy blaster pistols: one in gleaming chrome, the other coated with a dull non-reflective alloy. Saraz checks that neither is loaded, then hands them to Shadow so she can see them for herself.

Jan Tolbara
30 May 2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Ronin


Shadow is let down a few corridors, past a couple of on-duty guards and though a large vault-like blastdoor into a small but very well stocked armoury.
The Kubaz and droid lead her to a rack of pistols...with pride of place taken by two DL-44 heavy blaster pistols: one in gleaming chrome, the other coated with a dull non-reflective alloy. Saraz checks that neither is loaded, then hands them to Shadow so she can see them for herself.

Shadow goes through the standard tests: weight, balance in hand, alignment, feature assessment, etc. Although she currently favors the non-reflective blaster at this point merely for the ability to remain covert, she will consider both pistols equally on the other points.

Ronin
30 May 2006, 07:17 AM
Though neither pistol seems to be overly modified beyond the factory standards, the chrome model's safety is mounted lower; nearer the trigger area making it easier to reach with the thumb, whereas the darker model's safety is higher, near the rear sight.
The darker model feels slightly lighter, possibly due to the chrome model's rather showy coating. The chrome weapon is also better balance for spinning round the trigger finger or other such gunplay.
The only other significant difference Shadow can see is that the foresight of the chrome model is a tandem double triangle whilst the darker model has a single plate foresight.

Jan Tolbara
30 May 2006, 07:57 AM
After careful examination, Shadow looks back to Saraz and inquires, "How much?"

Ronin
30 May 2006, 08:30 AM
RA-7Q translates Saraz's chittering; "900 credits each. They're both in fine working order and will serve you well." :threepio:

Jan Tolbara
30 May 2006, 12:49 PM
With a curt nod, she answers, "I'll take them both."

Shadow hands the blasters back to Saraz and fishes her credit chip from its place. As she does so, she asks, "Do these come with holsters, and is it too much to ask for a power pack for each one of these?"

Ronin
30 May 2006, 06:01 PM
RA-7Q answers; "We can give you two basic holsters for free. A power pack for each will cost you 60 credits, and we can only give them to you when you leave the Guild facilities. Agreed?"

KnightStalker
30 May 2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
The Koorivar leans forward and squints harder. His face then hardens.
"Aaaah yes. I do remember you. Didn't recognise you without your armour. Or your barrel against my forehead. This doesn't look like you're here on Imperial business this time though? Had a change of heart did we?"
He breaks into a coughing fit then sighs deeply and mutters "the war's over now. Over."
"What is it that you want, Kellar? If it's business, I'm interested. So long as it doesn't get me shot. Again."

"The Empire is my old life. I work for myself now, and yes, this is business. We have a small freighter we liberated from it's prior owners, and we're looking to unload it. It's not quite what we wanted for our needs. I'm sure your inventory of parts could use restocking, and this ship's in pretty good shape. This would be a win-win situation for both of us : we'd be disposing of a ship that's not really useful to us, and you'd be better supplied to meet the demands of your clientele. Interested?"

OOC : Diplomacy, Gather Information & Profession (smuggler) checks as before, to make the deal.

SmugglerJedi
31 May 2006, 05:28 AM
"Shot. Now that's something I want to avoid." Kol mutters under his breath. He hangs back and lets Crix handles the negotiation. He listens with mild interest to Crix's little story. Imperial-turned-bounty-hunter, all very cool, but not really his business. He looks back into the hanger bay, just to see what this Koorivar might have, but he doesn't actually step inside.

Then his mind turns to what the fuzzball might be doing...

"Oh yes, darling, please, more on the shoulders, that's where the dandruff really is...I had a pile six feet deep fall off my shoulders one time...oh, that's the spot, rub it in...deep..."

He winces and comes back to reality.

Jan Tolbara
31 May 2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
RA-7Q answers; "We can give you two basic holsters for free. A power pack for each will cost you 60 credits, and we can only give them to you when you leave the Guild facilities. Agreed?"

"Sounds good," she states with a slight smile on her hidden face.

Ronin
31 May 2006, 06:07 PM
"The Empire is my old life. I work for myself now, and yes, this is business. We have a small freighter we liberated from it's prior owners, and we're looking to unload it. It's not quite what we wanted for our needs. I'm sure your inventory of parts could use restocking, and this ship's in pretty good shape. This would be a win-win situation for both of us : we'd be disposing of a ship that's not really useful to us, and you'd be better supplied to meet the demands of your clientele. Interested?"


Asatone's face looks doubtful, but already his hands are rubbing themselves together in anticipation.
"Are you sure the prior owners aren't hot on your heels? I don't want them coming here and demanding their ship back..." he sucks in air through his teeth while considering; "hmmm. What sort of bird are we talking about? Make and model if you please? Then we can talk numbers..."


"Sounds good," she states with a slight smile on her hidden face.
Transaction done, Saraz and RA-7Q lead Shadow and her new pistols back to the lounge of the Guild complex. Saraz nods to the two off duty Trandoshans then turns to leave...

Jan Tolbara
31 May 2006, 07:47 PM
Holding her new blasters in her hands, Shadow gazes upon Tresk as he continues his inspection of his sniper rifle. She smiles to herself as she watches, thinking how much the two of them are alike when it comes to the tools of their trade.

Her thoughts wander back a few years to the beginning of her career as a bounty hunter . . .


"Are you sure I can do this?" Shadow asked Boran, the agent assigned to travel with her by their Hutt boss to track down the pirates that had stolen the cargo he so desperately wanted.

Leaning against the wall outside the Hutt's audience chamber, Boran replied, "Of course! I saw you in action against those pirates. You did pretty well. That niche in the rafters really helped you."

Smiling in response to the compliment, she continued with uncertainty in her voice as her eyes dropped from looking upon his face, "Yeah, but . . . "

"But, what?" he quickly snapped back, the interruption almost causing her to flinch. "What you did is no different than what any other bounty hunter in the galaxy would have done. You've got talent, and I believe that your calling is not as a lowly mechanic but as a bounty hunter.

"In fact," Boran added calmly after a slight pause, "I got this for you earlier today."

Unshouldering the knapsack he often carried with him, he reached into it and pulled out a blaster pistol, holstered in a black leather hip holster. Shadow easily recognized the blaster as a Merr-Sonn "Flash" 4 heavy blaster pistol, one of the best on the market. Colored a flat black to minimize the reflection of light, she saw that it was brand new and fresh from the dealer.

Taking the gift from his hands, Shadow replied meekly, "You . . . didn't have to . . . "

"Oh, yes I did. You need a decent weapon to be successful as a bounty hunter. It's a necessity."

Grasping the handle, she drew the weapon and examined it in the light shining from the sconce just above her. The blaster was tricked out, complete with range scope and "cautionary pulser" grip. Shadow couldn't help but smile at the thought behind the gift.

Returning to reality, Shadow finds that Tresk has paused his inspection and is looking back at her.

Straightening herself, she states as she steps toward the couch where the Bothan sits, "Remind me before we leave the compound to pick up my two power packs from here."

Crymoon
31 May 2006, 07:59 PM
Kerdan keeps himself near Shadow but most of the time in shadows seeing that he's just an addition to surrounding he tries to melt with it...

He looks at the exchange of glances between Shadow and Tresk, and smiles slightly to himself...

"Those two are more alike that they are willing to say"....

SmugglerJedi
1 June 2006, 05:22 AM
"They won't be coming back," Kol thinks. "Thanks to Captain Crix and the Amazing Bounternauts, the others got one hell of a wet willie. You'd have a better chance of getting more workers then meeting the original owners." But he keeps his mouth shut. Maybe, Crix would actually introduce him, and if he was lucky, he might actually get inside the hanger and take a look at the ships.

But that was one hell of a fat chance.

KnightStalker
1 June 2006, 04:45 PM
OOC : Pssst, SJ, Crix already did introduce Kol.


Originally posted by KnightStalker


Crix shoos the Jawas away and addresses Sosein.

"Remember me, Asatone? Crix Kellar. My associate Kol here and I have some business for you, if you're interested."

OOC : Diplomacy, Gather Information & Profession (smuggler) checks.

Crix will wait to see if Sosein is interested and invites them inside before going into any further details.

IC :

Crix replies "The ship's a Corellian Engineering Corp. YT-1150. It's an older desgin, outdated by most of today's newer ship models, but it is a sturdy, solid craft. As for the prior owners, well, the ship came into our possession when most of the organization that owned the ship were killed in an accident. The incident left us with a lack of any future employment from their surviving members and a ship that doesn't really meet our new employer's requirements. Hence our need to get rid of it. We could have tried to sell it to a used starship dealership, but I happened to remember your operation here, so we decided to give you first dibs on it. If you're not interested, I'm sure we could still find a local shipyard that'd make us a fair deal."

OOC : Bluff and Profession (Smuggler) checks.

SmugglerJedi
1 June 2006, 05:10 PM
OOC: Whoops, my bad.

IC: Kol belatedly remembers that Crix already did introduce him. <i>"Holy crap; must've been something in that drink I had."</i> Starting to grow bored, he twists his neck around to get a look at the city. Still as boring and uninviting as ever; well, not so much the city as the water surrounding the city. Drats; why did it have to be Mon Cal, of all the frigging planets in the universe? It was so unfair that it wrote a new definition of unfair.

And now he was watching Crix make a deal with this dude for the ship. Not exactly his kind of work; the last time he sold a ship, the Imperials nearly shot his rear off for no good reason. Well, okay, so the yacht the governor wanted did have three tons of rancor excrement on the poop deck, but wasn't that what it was <i>for</i>?

Ronin
2 June 2006, 06:44 AM
"Not so fast, not so fast," Asatone says, anxious to keep Crix and Kol negotiating; "you've learned to deal as fast as you shoot."
He then turns contemplative, a hand on his chin; "A Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1150 Medium Transport, yeeesss. Ten thousand. Cash," he offers.

KnightStalker
5 June 2006, 05:59 PM
Crix thinks about it for a moment. "Fifteen."

Ronin
5 June 2006, 06:04 PM
Asatone sucks in air between his teeth again as he considers Crix's offer...
"Twelve."

KnightStalker
5 June 2006, 06:39 PM
"Thirteen, and you'll likely never have to see me ever again."

Ronin
6 June 2006, 07:24 AM
"A bargain," the Koorivar grins and holds out his hand to shake on it.

"And where might the lady be residing at this moment? You can bring her here soon? I'll have the cash waiting."

Utini!
Overhearing that a new ship is coming that they can take apart, the two Jawas start going crazy with excitement.

KnightStalker
6 June 2006, 05:35 PM
Crix shakes Asatone's hand and seals the deal.

"The ship's currently docked in a private landing bay not too far away from here. We'll be bringing the ship here shortly. I trust you'll have the money ready for us when we deliver the ship?"

Ronin
7 June 2006, 08:26 AM
"The cash will be ready for you," Asatone repeats as his Feeorin bodyguard leads you out of the 'shop'; "I'll be waiting!"

Over in the Bounty Hunters Guild lounge the two Trandoshan are just watching Tresk, Shadow, Kerdan and Yolikk as they relax.

OOC: It's pretty much night now...the Belseris Steed leaves the next day a bit before midday...and Kol needs a ticket...

KnightStalker
7 June 2006, 03:45 PM
After they are led out by the Feorin, Crix tells Kol "Lets get back to the others and let them know we're disposing of the ship. Once we drop the ship off and have the money, we should have enough to pay for your ticket, unless you wanna stay on this planet."

Ronin
10 June 2006, 03:44 AM
Heading back to the Bounty Hunters Guild complex, Crix and Kol are grudingly let in by a Barabel doorman.
You get the feeling that it's a members-only kinda place.
Nevertheless, you're guided by the ever-present RA-7Q to the lounge where you find Shadow, Kerdan, Tresk and Yolikk relaxing.

SmugglerJedi
15 June 2006, 10:32 AM
"Wanna stay? What are you, smoking something?" Kol says as they walk off. He looks over his shoulder towards the howling Jawas. "Jeez, you'd think it's their birthday or something."

He shrinks a tiny bit as they walk into the BHG center. His eyes start glancing everywhere, ready if someone wants to pop out and deck him in the face. <i>"I got a surplus of stupidity today,"</i> he thinks, gloomily, <i>"Now all I need is a cell to let it grow."</i>

Jan Tolbara
15 June 2006, 11:21 AM
Spotting Crix and Kol walking into the lounge, Shadow asks, "Any news on the ship, boys?"

KnightStalker
15 June 2006, 07:12 PM
"Not just news, but good news. We're getting 13 thousand for the ship. Kol and I just gotta fly it over and make the delivery & pick up the money."

Crix pauses for a moment to guage everyone's reaction.

"He originally offered ten thousand, but I managed to bring him up to a more reasonable price that's closer to the ships true value at a used starship lot. It was a nice bit of negotiating if I do say so myself."

Crymoon
15 June 2006, 11:29 PM
"Crix! Nice job! Join us for a drink then will sell this junk and fly away... I just can't wait for a decent casino.... And the money Momposa offered... though we must be careful.. as always while dealing with the Hut..." he finishes with a bright smile... as he signals the waitress to come over...
"So what do you guys want to drink?"

Ronin
15 June 2006, 11:44 PM
The human waitress sighs and walks over to Kerdan; "members only. Sorry honey," she says in a tone that says I couldn't care less.

The two Trandoshan chuckle and call her over to their table in their deep base voices, and order a couple of drinks each. When they arrive the two hold their drinks up in mock-salute to Kerdan then go back to chatting in their own language.

"I think perhaps we have overstayed our welcome," Yolikk states.

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2006, 06:14 AM
"I hate members-only clubs," Kol says to Kerdan. "They're all so snobbish, like they're a cut above mortals, and when in reality they're just as much as bums as we are. The only difference is they have a worthless card and an ego to match." He grins at Shadow and raises his hands in mock surrender. "No offense, of course."

Crymoon
16 June 2006, 06:16 AM
Kerdan looks at the two Trandoshan and mocks them with a salute of an empty hand (seemingly holding an invisible glass... He smiles brightly and firendly at them all the time...


"I think perhaps we have overstayed our welcome," Yolikk states.

He turns to Yolikk

"Either that or they don't like me.. either weay let's move then.. Sorry guys no drinks this time but remind me aboard the cruiser.. "


"I hate members-only clubs," Kol says to Kerdan. "They're all so snobbish, like they're a cut above mortals, and when in reality they're just as much as bums as we are. The only difference is they have a worthless card and an ego to match." He grins at Shadow and raises his hands in mock surrender. "No offense, of course."

"I bet their ego is bigger than this building due to this slip of plastic... But I bet about a month ago I would be pleased myself to have such a card..." he smiles an apologizing smile.. "But I grew up of it... They probably will never do.. "

Jan Tolbara
16 June 2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
[B]"Either that or they don't like me.. either weay let's move then.. Sorry guys no drinks this time but remind me aboard the cruiser.. "

"Agreed," interrupts Shadow as she rises to her feet. "Let's take care of the ship and get off this planet."

KnightStalker
16 June 2006, 08:59 PM
"Very well, then. Do you guys want to head for the spaceport where our liner is while Kol and I go sell the ship? Then Kol and I could rendezvous with you there and we can purchase a ticket for him."

Crix starts to turn back for the door, then adds "Once we get back to Nar Shaddaa and get Yolikk to Mampossa's, I want to take a really good look at my ship to see what that Hutt's goons have done to it, and if I find any of my personal possessions missing, Mampossa's tech boys will learn what it's like to be in the cross hairs of an ISC's preferred combat weapon."

SmugglerJedi
17 June 2006, 08:43 AM
"I could sneak on as a ship tech, and then you wouldn't have to pay for my ride," Kol offers. "I've stowed away on plenty of liners before."

Crymoon
19 June 2006, 10:06 AM
"I could sneak on as a ship tech, and then you wouldn't have to pay for my ride," Kol offers. "I've stowed away on plenty of liners before."


"That's an interesting idea...." said Kerdan with a growing smile "I've heard about some techs who help with stowing... They take some money for it, of course.. Then they put you almost in hyperdrive and get rid of your fried body afterwards... heard it's quite well paid... "
He smirks lightly "But I'd rather prefer that you join us aboard with a ticket.. it doesn't have to be the most expensive one if your troubled about credits.. "

SmugglerJedi
19 June 2006, 10:42 AM
Kol sticks his tongue out at Kerdan. "Ha ha. Obviously you haven't done that much sneaking. I've done it dozens of times and never been thrown in the hyperdive." He shakes his head. "Sheesh, you gotta get out a little more. And stop being the Emperor's advocate."

Crymoon
19 June 2006, 11:01 AM
Kol sticks his tongue out at Kerdan. "Ha ha. Obviously you haven't done that much sneaking. I've done it dozens of times and never been thrown in the hyperdive." He shakes his head. "Sheesh, you gotta get out a little more. And stop being the Emperor's advocate."

"HA!" says Kerdan with a big smile... " Gotcha!"

He turn to others...

"Can we now leave...?... Please....I really fell I need a change of air it's starting to affect me..."

SmugglerJedi
19 June 2006, 11:09 AM
Kol turns to Crix and whispers, "Is he always like this?"

KnightStalker
19 June 2006, 04:42 PM
Crix whispers back to Kol "I don't really know, I'm not one of Mampossa's Hunters or henchmen. I'm only really here because I had been hired to deliver these guys to Mampossa's so they could get sent on this gig. I hadn't really intended to be thrown in with them, but here I am. I just wanna get this job over with, get back to Mampossa's and get my ship back, so I can get on with my chosen career."

Crix then speaks up for all to hear. "Alright, let's get going. We'll drop off the ship, collect the money, get to the starport, get Kol's ticket and get aboard ship and on our way back to Nar Shaddaa. I've seen more than enough of Mon Cal to suit me."

Ronin
20 June 2006, 06:14 AM
RA-7Q escorts you back to the Buccaneer and you quickly board, the droid hound, having been left alone, immediately bounds up to Tresk and begins hugging his leg.

Crix gently takes the freighter out of the hangar after getting clearance from traffic control. Morjanssik city at night is a surprisingly beautiful sight.
The surrounding ocean is virtually pitch black, with only reflections of the city's lights playing across it's surface. At one point you spot a series of lights beneath the waves...a shoal of nocturnally illuminated fish perhaps...or simply one of the city's many mining submarines returning from the ocean-floor mines.
The port-side entertainment district is well lit with neon and street lighting whereas the residential and commercial areas have already closed up and been swallowed by the night, only the strobing red and blue of a security speeder illuminates a street.
Toward the center of the city the large, dull administrative buildings rise up, dark but for occasional offices still lit. Wage slaves punching keyboards into the night.
Off on the other side of the city you can see the massive, bulbous yet smooth form of the Belseris Steed in it's berth. Preparing for tomorrow's voyage.
Descending towards your destination you can see the inside of Asatone's hangar-cum-shop brightly lit by floodlights, with occasional blue flashes of arc welders. Looking at the myriad pieces of starships within, you'd probably find more order in a space slug's gullet.
The two Jawas from before (at least you think it's the same two) wave glowrods frantically as you ease the ship down in the one clear space in the hangar.
Powering down the ship you spot Asatone coming out of his office, flanked by a Shistavanen and the Feeorin from earlier. Asatone has a secure briefcase in his hands.
Lowering the ramp the two Jawas are joined by another dozen who appear from the shadows and swarm towards the soon-to-be-dismantled ship.

SmugglerJedi
20 June 2006, 12:01 PM
Kol points and laughs at the dancing Jawas. "Hey, look, dancing Jawas." He starts a little jigg of his own, but he makes sure that his arm waving doesn't interfere with Crix's vision, and that his deliberately horrific singing isn't loud enough to hurt his ears. "Omamanee, nomanee noma diga...odageen nomanee noma diga...ohh, mariko ha!"

When they get down to the hanger, Kol watches the Jawas come out with dismay. He doesn't say anything though, just a short shake of his head that indicates he clearly wants to be somewhere else.

[OOC: I can assure you, that is how they sing the "Macarena" in Sakiyan. :D ]

coldskier0320
20 June 2006, 01:12 PM
the droid hound, having been left alone, immediately bounds up to Tresk and begins hugging his leg.

In the lounge, Tresk considered ordering up a few drinks after the exclusivity discussion, but held back in the interests of speed. Thankfully, Tresk soon found himself boarding the Buccaneer, and his new companion waiting to greet him. With an odd furry hand on metal headed caress, he led the droid aboard.

Upon arriving at Asatone's, Tresk's only thought is...and just when you thought one bumbling fool was enough...

Jan Tolbara
20 June 2006, 05:19 PM
Shadow makes sure to grab the two promised power packs from the dealer before leaving the lounge.

While aboard the Buccaneer, she loads her new pistols and checks to see which holster will be discarded.

"No sense in having three holsters for two pistols," she thinks to herself while she decides.

After making her choice, she puts one holster on each thigh and places her new acquisitions in place. Feeling their weight on her legs, she smiles to herself, feeling a little more secure than before.

Upon their arrival at the shop, Shadow picks up her E-11 and strides toward the boarding ramp, when she stumbles across Kol. A thick feeling of annoyance consumes her as she sees him flail about.

"Kol," Shadow says flatly in an unamused tone as she walks past him, "you will have plenty of time for that aboard the cruise ship. Let's go."

KnightStalker
20 June 2006, 07:41 PM
Upon arrival, Crix powers down the ship and joins the others at the boarding ramp. After exiting the ship, Crix approaches Asatone.

"Here she is, Asatone. I trust she'll be of far greater use to you than she is to me or my companions."

Crix eyes the briefcase Asatone is carrying. "I trust it's all there. I'd hate to find you've shortened me and develop an urge to come back to lodge a complaint with you."

Ronin
21 June 2006, 05:45 AM
Where you expected the merchant to feign innocence or offense, Asatone just chuckles and opens the case for Crix to inspect the bundles of Imperial credits.
"I thought Imperial currency would be appropriate, even if we aren't exactly within it's borders here."
Checking the bundles there's two stacks of five one-thousand credit chips, and three single chips, each a grand, lose atop.

You hear a sigh from Yolikk as he runs his hand along the Buccaneer's hull and steps away from her.

Once the transaction is complete the seven (Crix, Kol, Kerdan, Shadow, Tresk, Yolikk and doggie) of you find yourselves outside Asatone's chop shop, the hiss of laser torches and squeal of metal already emanating from within...and you've got eight hours until the Belseris Steed departs.

Taking the backstreets to avoid security...or Yolikk's former comrades incase they're out looking for him...you make your way across the vast floating city to the more upscale starport facilities and the starliner booking offices...

Later...
The Mon Cal booking clerk looks rather sheepish; "I'm very sorry sir," he says to Kol, hesitantly putting the flimsi ticket on the counter, "but the only room available was a shared cabin in steerage. Two thousand credits."
"Also," he adds, eyeing everyone's weapons, "you will all be required to check in your weaponry with the security chief. Your possessions will be kept in secure, individually coded lockers. The chief will give you a keycard to reclaim your...items...when you disembark."

SmugglerJedi
21 June 2006, 07:03 AM
Kol shrugs. "I don't mind. Beats having to sleep on the outside of the hull."

When the Mon Cal demands the weapons, Kol obliges wordlessly. Complaining won't help right now; better to save the griping for later when he actually can't do anything about it.

Then he remembers the Mon Cal saying the word <i>shared</i>. "Wait," he says anxiously, "Did you say <i>shared</i>? Who am I going to be sharing it with?"

Ronin
21 June 2006, 07:19 AM
"Ah, don't give your weapons to me!" the clerk protests and points over to the entry ramp and the security building infront of it, "when you board, hand over your armament them."

"Erm...as for who you're sharing with...erm...sorry sir, we don't keep records for steerage. You'll, um, you'll find out when you open the door. I guess. Sir." He shrugs and swallows.

Crymoon
21 June 2006, 11:49 AM
"Kol, I bet we can make some arrangements for our benefit... maybe I can swap my place with the creature you would have to share the cabin with.. It might be safer for you this way... But we'll see... " Kerdan then turns to the rest of the crew "I hope I can count on you in backing us up when we talk to this... something that the clerk is to afraid to say what it is although he clearly know what it is... ? And he clearly doesn't like the idea of having to tell us... "

He turn to look at the clerk who avoids his sight..
"The faster we see IT.. the faster we know if we're stilla live to enjoy this flight.. especially without weapons.." he finishes going towards the entry ramp.


maybe I can swap my place with the creature you would have to share the cabin with.. "Did I really said that" Kerdan wonders silently to himself. He looks around to see if there are any visible force users who could have... naah... only in his head... "Something is definetely not right... Have to train a bit to become one with myself again.. this pirate stuff threw me out of balance.."

As he walks he turns his head towards his new companions... "We aren't that long togather but I think we are becoming a great team...I hope we can stay togather for next jobs whatever life may bring..." His thoughts raid through his head. He sees with his mind's eye various scenes from their last escapade.

Crix responds to Tresk without turning around "Letting them board and search this ship is out of the question. They'd find my set of Storm Commando armor and realize that I'm a deserter. Not that it really matters to you much, but three years ago I realized that I disagree with the Empire's latest pro-human policies, so I grabbed my stuff, issued gear & all, and ran. I've been doing legit and illicit cargo runs ever since, for anybody that can meet my prices, including the Rebellion." "What a suprise it was..."

Mampossa grins at you, her big glassy eyes studying each of you...mentally stripping you perhaps...Her eyes settle on Shadow "Aaaaah, Sha~dow...good to see you again, and in the company of such varied, strappy young males. Tell me Shadow, have you taken my advice at last and got yourself a harem?" She chuckles, and drools. "Hmmmm... harem.... hmmm.....:)"

Kerdan looked at Tresk first, with mild amusement then with growing respect. He couldn't decide if this bothan was so good or so crazy, but it seemed that he was just the right person to talk to this hutt...

Garadios turns his head towards Kerdan with the look of oh great a tag-along. "I usually like to do this alone but I guess I can make an exception this time"

In one natural, fluid movement you draw, aim and gently squeeze off a shot at the silhouette, though you have to squint terribly since you're aiming directly into the sun..It's a hit! . "That was one hell of the shot... he looks at Shadow.

You fellows are most interesting business people...most would introduce themselves with a handshake...but you do it with a shoulder barge, a headlong charge and armed submersibles... "That pesky little pirate... damn he escaped us.. wonder what happende to him"

As Tresk eases the door open a bit you catch sight of one side of the room, and some of the opposite wall and a door. The end few meters of the room have been converted to some kind of holding cell with a dozen thick vertical bars and a locked plate-durasteel door. Sat on a bunk in the cell is a Sakiyan with strangely pale skin. Other than the bunk and it's less-than-clean sheets, the only other furniture apears to be a bucket in one corner. "Why didn't we leave him there" he thinks with a smile...

Shadow rolls her eyes, looks straight at Kerdan and bluntly asks, "The only way I can think of that you can see how lovely I am is if you have X-ray vision. I don't know how you can see through this outfit of mine." "hmmmmm..harem... hmmm..... :D" he looks at her again but this time not imagining things- this time she's a friend.. well sort of... he hopes at least that it is so...

"Wait a minute!" Shadow interrupts. "You understand Quarrenese?" "Ah.. that's whe we didn't leave him..."

As Tresk surveys the damage to his beloved X-45...it doesn't look good...he can immediately tell that pulling the trigger might be more hazardous to him than whoever he's aiming at...which brings him to the scope and a silver lining. "hey we all have hobbies..."
"we had some good moments.... but some damn bad ones too..."
As soon as Crix gets Garadios into the cargo bay, Tresk joins him and they take a look at Garadios' injury. Pulling away his clothing reveals a nasty hole in his belly, bleeding heavily. The bolt burned into him but unfortunately it didn't cauterise the wound. Turning him slightly you check for an exit wound...and find one. A big one.
"Drat, how can one memory hurt so much...." There is a small tear in his eye which he quickly sweeps away hoping nobody sees it...

KnightStalker
21 June 2006, 05:23 PM
Crix starts towards the security check-in with the others, preparing to relinquish his weapons for the duration of the flight.

"Well, I'd say this puts us 2/3 of the way towards finishing this assignment. I'll be glad to be back at the helm of my ship, rather than being a passenger on a star liner or flying a 'borrowed' ship."

Jan Tolbara
22 June 2006, 04:58 AM
Shadow nods and replies after a resounding sigh, "Tell me about it. I will feel a lot more comfortable after I put my armor back on."

SmugglerJedi
22 June 2006, 11:57 AM
"At least you got something to look forward to," Kol says, hanging his head. "I might have to share a cabin with a Whiphid..."

Ronin
23 June 2006, 06:56 AM
The uniformed security guards (one Mon Cal female, two Quarren males and a Herglic who barely fits into his uniform) visibly stiffen as you walk up to the security checkpoint and boarding ramp. A couple of hands rest on blasters.

The Quarren at the front looks you up and down, trying to tell if you're passengers or if you're here for a shootout.

Jan Tolbara
23 June 2006, 09:58 AM
Taking the lead, Shadow audibly sighs before she slowly raises her blasters out of her holsters, turns them around to hold them by the barrels and surrenders them to the guards. Once taken, she hands her E-11 over to them in the same manner.

Crymoon
23 June 2006, 11:10 AM
Kerdan, his mind still wandering somewhere, gives his weapons to the Mon Cal officeer, forgeting to smile this time.

SmugglerJedi
23 June 2006, 04:20 PM
Kol hands over his blaster as well. He handles it as if it were used toilet paper, setting it gingerly on the table. He slowly unbuckles the holster (after realizing he was halfway through taking out his pants' belt) and sets it down before reaching back through his jacket. For a few minutes he pats himself down, looking confused (and a little worried) before finally pulling out a small picture from his pocket.

It's the face of a human--but a bizarrely deformed and hideous-looking human, one so ugly some might think it's a half-Hutt. "Ahh, yes," Kol says warmly. "Good old Jeb." He turns it to face the guards. "Jeb's a great guy to have in your pocket. You know, I once got in a barfight on Nar Shaddaa. Nearly killed a guy with him." He takes another look at the picture before showing it again. "Guy nearly vomited out every cell in his body because of this." He takes one last, very brief look, before shoving it very close in the nearest guard's face. "You don't think this picture would be considered a weapon, do you?"

Jan Tolbara
23 June 2006, 06:57 PM
Shadow buries her face in her hand, shaking her head in disbelief.

KnightStalker
23 June 2006, 06:58 PM
Crix hands over his SoroSuub Security S-5 blaster, knife, combat gloves, and his holdout blaster.

Crymoon
24 June 2006, 12:11 AM
"You don't think this picture would be considered a weapon, do you?"

"I'm afraid his jokes can be considered a weapon...Maybe we should put him somewhere safe where he can't do anything to anyone...." Kerdan says towards noone in general...A smile slowly returning to his face...

Ronin
24 June 2006, 02:11 AM
The guard stifles a retch at the photo of Jeb; "No, sir. You can keep that. Please keep that."
The other Quarren dutifully takes your weapons and carefully puts them in separate plasteel containers, locking each with a keycard and giving you the cards.
"Tickets please? Now let me see...yes, no. You five are in suite number 11," he says politely to Shadow, Tresk, Kerdan, Crix and Yolikk. He then spots the droid hound. "I'm sorry sirs but your droid will have to be stored also."
He leads the droid to a stack of cage-like containers containing various pets both droid and flesh-and-blood.
He then comes to Kol, "Passenger 113. You are in room D. Lower deck."
"We wish you all a pleasant journey."
Walking up the gang-plank you pass through a detector but since everyone handed over all their weapons, nothing happens.

Only when you get closer do you realise how huge the starliner is. The same kind of vessel the Rebel Alliance has been using as capital ships in recent years.
Boarding you find yourselves in a deep-blue carpeted hallway running across the deck from port to starboard. Banks of turbolifts on both sides take passengers up to the luxury decks...and down to the cheaper rooms.
Uniformed members of the crew (not all Mon Cal or Quarren you notice) are greeting guests and directing them to their rooms.
You also see plaques on the walls with directions to the forward observation lounge, casinos, gym, library, dance hall, communications and business facilities, shopping arcades and cargo areas.

SmugglerJedi
24 June 2006, 04:34 AM
"Ah, good ole' Jeb," Kol says, grinning, as he walks away. "Now there's an old tradition--scaring the hell out of security guards every time you board a passenger liner." He tucks Jeb safely back in his pocket. "He's really just a mannequin we had a Hutt roll over a few times. Then we made it even more disgusting. Man, the things me and my friends come up with when we're bored." He sighs as he looks down the corridor. "I remember getting a charge of disorderly conduct on Corulag when I tried to board one of these things."

Crymoon
25 June 2006, 02:47 PM
"He's really just a mannequin we had a Hutt roll over a few times. Then we made it even more disgusting. Man, the things me and my friends come up with when we're bored."
Kerdan looks at Kol with... horror

"I wanted to suggest that we first go to lower deck room D and help Kol, but now I would love to go there just to see who his new friend will be and what will he do with him... Just watch and hopefully enjoy it... a lot..."

Jan Tolbara
25 June 2006, 04:54 PM
Shadow adds with a shrug, "If anything, we can charge Kol for bodyguard duty during the voyage back to Nar Shaddaa."

SmugglerJedi
26 June 2006, 01:42 PM
"Oh ha ha, very funny," Kol says before heading down to Room D, Lower Deck. "I think Passenger 113 would rather tackle the monster on his own, thank you so VERY much." He continues to mutter to himself, though since it's in Sakiyan, you're not sure what he's saying.

Jan Tolbara
26 June 2006, 02:51 PM
Continuing with the rest of the group to their staterooms, Shadow barely contains her laughter, obviously amused at the result of her joke.

coldskier0320
26 June 2006, 03:07 PM
Tresk, feeling a bit dismayed at having to discard his so newly repaired rifle, suddenly realizes how positively horrid he looks in his torn and tattered Shadowsuit. Excusing himself politely from the group, he makes best speed for his stateroom.

Arriving there, the Bothan disrobes and takes a luxuriously long session in the 'fresher, getting all the salt out of his fur before drying off, dressing in a simple jumpsuit, and crashing into bed, taking care to set the room's chrono to wake him in about an hour.

Ronin
27 June 2006, 08:17 AM
Suite 11
You've seen starfreighter cargobays smaller than this suite.
There are five adjoining bedrooms around a central lounge with kitchenette and a huge bathroom (which Tresk immediately occupies). The beds are all aquagel that squishes to accomodate your body in supreme confort. Shimmersilk sheets. A wall-holoscreen. Not-so-mini mini-bar.

Lower Deck, Room D
The keycard opens the door on the third try to reveal a small crampt room with peeling green paint on the walls and some curious fluid dripping into the sink in one corner.
There are two bunk beds in the room, the top two of which seem to be occupied already:
A Baragwin somehow hefted his considerable mass atop one, and a Dug is perched atop the other. They seem to be engaged in a card game and don't pay much attention to your entry.

OOC: your new character levels are now in effect. :)

SmugglerJedi
27 June 2006, 08:24 AM
"Well hello there!" Kol says, waving his hand and smiling. "I'm your new room mate!" He takes a look at the fluid and makes a face. <i>"Jeez, what is that stuff?"</i> Feeling a bit adventurous, he decides to take a quick whiff, from a distance, of course.

Jan Tolbara
27 June 2006, 01:44 PM
Shadow exclaims quickly, "The middle room is mine!"

Without waiting for a response from anyone, she strides across the lounge to the middle bedroom, passes through the door and locks it behind her.

OOC: I assume these doors lock. I will continue once Ronin confirms this.

Ronin
1 July 2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
(Kol)"Well hello there! I`m your new room mate!"

The Dug`s head whips round to face you while the Baragwin takes longer to shift his or her (you can`t be sure which) considerable weight.
"You play cards?" the Dug asks without returning anyform of greeting.
"Heeello," the Baragwin replies sleepily.

SmugglerJedi
1 July 2006, 07:47 AM
"Sorry, guys, I'm no gambler," Kol says as he flops onto his bed. "I got better things to do then lose thousands of credits to respectable citizens such as yourselves. Hey, by the way," he adds, "Does anyone know exactly where this ship is going?"

Ronin
2 July 2006, 12:50 AM
(Kol)"Does anyone know exactly where this ship is going?"

The Dug gives Kol an incredulous stare, "What the hell are you doing on this ship if you don't know where you're going?!"

"Kothlis," the Baragwin offers, a little too late.

The deck barely shudders as the huge majestic ship lifts off, it's artificial gravity activating as the crew take her up and head for orbit.
The captain's voice comes over the tannoy to all rooms and corridors...

"Good morning ladies and gentlebeings, this is captain Ruls. On behalf of myself and the rest of the crew I would like to thank you for choosing to travel aboard our beautiful ship the Belseris Steed on our voyage to Kothlis. We expect the trip to take approximately ten hours, eight of which we will be in hyperspace. Please enjoy the voyage and make the most of our facilities. If you have any problems or require any assistance please contact a member of staff."

SmugglerJedi
2 July 2006, 06:06 AM
"Have some manners!" Kol says on the heels of the announcement. He shakes a finger at the Dug. "You should be a lot nicer to a member of the Intelligence Census Bureau." As they stare at him, he smiles and continues. "You see, we Bureau agents are on a mission of galatic importance. Our job is to evaluate the average intelligence of the galaxy. It's quite a boring job--you have to go through a lot of idiots every day--but sometimes you find some remarkably intelligent gem just buried beneath all that Tatooine sand. Why, I remember Loke Groundrunner. Rather swarthy and didn't <i>look</i> bright, but believe me, underneath his exterior was a pure genius. He could complete a seventh-dimensional hypercalculus formula in less than thirty seconds--and I mean, we're talking about a human here! Our Givin bureau chiefs immediately got him set up in a weapons lab on Balmorra. I got a nice finder's fee for that one, but they later yanked it because of 'rising fuel costs'." Kol sighs. "Say, can either of <i>you</i> complete a seven-dimensional hypercalculus formula? If I get two people at once, man, I'd be loaded! Oh, and not to mention you'd get some really nice jobs too."

[OOC: Bluff, I'm assuming.]

KnightStalker
2 July 2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Shadow exclaims quickly, "The middle room is mine!"

Without waiting for a response from anyone, she strides across the lounge to the middle bedroom, passes through the door and locks it behind her.

Crix watches as Shadow quickly disappears into the middle door, then looks at the others. "Think she's tired, or just really needs to hit the refresher something fierce?"


"Good morning ladies and gentlebeings, this is captain Ruls. On behalf of myself and the rest of the crew I would like to thank you for choosing to travel aboard our beautiful ship the Belseris Steed on our voyage to Kothlis. We expect the trip to take approximately ten hours, eight of which we will be in hyperspace. Please enjoy the voyage and make the most of our facilities. If you have any problems or require any assistance please contact a member of staff."

"Waitaminnit, did he just say Kothlis? I thought we were supposed to be returning to Nar Shaddaa."

Ronin
3 July 2006, 08:01 AM
(Kol)"Say, can either of <i>you</i> complete a seven-dimensional hypercalculus formula? If I get two people at once, man, I'd be loaded! Oh, and not to mention you'd get some really nice jobs too."

The Baragwin looks from Kol to the Dug and back again.
"I fold," it eventually says and lays down it's cards, lying back on the bed with a sigh.
The Dug regards you a second more with a raised eyebrow then turns back to the cards and gathers up his credits.

Jan Tolbara
3 July 2006, 03:56 PM
As soon as the door is locked, Shadow pulls the mask off her head and exhales a heavy sigh. She tosses the mask onto the bed, followed by her utility belt and black flight suit with no regard to the clean bedding covering the soft mattress. As she sets her boots by the door, an announcement broadcasts throughout the ship.


"Good morning ladies and gentlebeings, this is captain Ruls. On behalf of myself and the rest of the crew I would like to thank you for choosing to travel aboard our beautiful ship the Belseris Steed on our voyage to Kothlis. We expect the trip to take approximately ten hours, eight of which we will be in hyperspace. Please enjoy the voyage and make the most of our facilities. If you have any problems or require any assistance please contact a member of staff."

She acknowledges the announcement with a silent nod, breathes deeply for a brief moment and removes the clip from her hair, letting her dark straight hair drop past her shoulders. After running her fingers through it a few times, she realizes just how badly she needs to clean up.

Shadow reaches for the door, when she remembers that Tresk is already in the refresher. Her hand stops mere millimeters from the switch, as she also remembers that Crix and Kerdan are probably out in the common area. With her clad in only her undergarments and no way of concealing her appearance, she lowers her hand to her side.

"I wonder if he'll like visiting Kothlis," she ponders to herself about her Bothan compatriot as she walks to the bed and sits next to the small table adorned only with the shipboard comm.

Staring at the comm for a long moment, Shadow toggles the unit and pages the ship operator.

SmugglerJedi
4 July 2006, 05:31 PM
Kol gives them a sour look. "Well, be that way. I was only trying to help, you know." Sighing, he flops down on the bed underneath the Dug, not fully trusting the metal to hold up that Baragwin. "So, do either of you actually know what that gunk is coming out of the faucet? It's starting to burn my nose, and I really hate that." He looks up at them, then back down to his stomach. Letting out a light yawn, he rolls over in his bed and tries--half-heartedly, y'never know what those Dugs might do--to go to sleep.

Ronin
5 July 2006, 08:13 AM
(Kol)"So, do either of you actually know what that gunk is coming out of the faucet? It's starting to burn my nose, and I really hate that."

"How should I know?" the Dug retorts, and breaks wind through the bunk; "why don't you drink some and tell us?"


Staring at the comm for a long moment, Shadow toggles the unit and pages the ship operator.

"Hello, this is attendant Maguro, how may I be of service?" a polite, cultured voice answers.

SmugglerJedi
5 July 2006, 12:09 PM
"Actually," Kol mutters, "I was hoping <i>you</i> would drink it. It'd probably help with that breath of yours." He takes a sniff. "Never mind, you're the one burning my nose."

Ronin
6 July 2006, 06:22 PM
As the blue morning sky outside his room's porthole turns to the black, star-speckled void of space Yolikk sits up on his bed and breathes a sigh of relief. I'm free...just got to get to Nar Shaddaa and I'm out.
Outside he could see a dozen ships identical to the one he was currently a passenger aboard...though these ones were armed to the teeth and had X-wings milling around them: Rebel Alliance star cruisers. Another reminder of Dac's defiance of the Empire.

Taking a deep breath, starting to feel more and more free of his former allegiances he stepped out into the suite's lounge and spoke to whoever was there.
"Well, we must be heading for the jump point now," he says with a rare smile; "anyone feel like exploring the ship? I hear the casinos are very tempting..."

coldskier0320
6 July 2006, 06:32 PM
"Well, we must be heading for the jump point now," he says with a rare smile; "anyone feel like exploring the ship? I hear the casinos are very tempting..."

Tresk, who'd just returned to the lounge from his nap, promptly shook his head, his now glossy brown fur glowing in the light, "Negative, my friend. I had to go through too much to get you to where you're at. You need to stay within the suite here for the duration of our stay here on the Steed. Feel free do get whatever there is to be had that can come in here. Hell, I'm sure we'll all help make your trip more comfortable as well, but I would rather you stay in here...for your own good. You aren't exactly, ahem, inconspicuous, and I'm sure it'd be no problem for some of them goons to make their way aboard."

Ronin
7 July 2006, 06:25 AM
Yolikk sighed and rolled his chrome eyes. Idly he scratched at his eyelids. They were particularly pink at the moment.
"Okay...fine. I see your point," and slumps onto the couch next to Kerdan...and whispers; "mate. There's...something I need. A little something, y'know. Surely you can get me a little Ryll somewhere on this tub," he winks, "if not...how about some Stigma...Slip...once we get to Nar Shaddaa I'm good for it," he says, rubbing his eye again.

Crymoon
8 July 2006, 05:59 AM
"mate. There's...something I need. A little something, y'know. Surely you can get me a little Ryll somewhere on this tub"

Kerdan looks at Yollik with a slight amusement
"Your asking me to get you some Ryll or Stygma?" he asks aloud smiling "Ooops did I just say that alound.. My appoligies if that was to be a secret...." He stands up and walks to Shadows door and knocks politely

"Would you mind stepping outside for a minute we have to decide one thing... " he says a bit louder to be heard through the door.. His voice comes back to normal "We don't have to babysit him all at once so maybe we'll talk about talking turns... And as I for example don't really and fully trust him.. No offence meant. " he says towards Yollik bowing his head slightly "I'm sure it would be wise to guard him all the time also at night... The most important thing is not to let our guard down when we think it's over..."
He walks towards Tresk "Your much better with words so if I made any offensive remarks there I'm sure you can straighten it out.." he says a bit quieter.."It may sound strange but I hate addictions.."

Ronin
9 July 2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
Kerdan looks at Yollik with a slight amusement
"Your asking me to get you some Ryll or Stygma?" he asks aloud smiling "Ooops did I just say that aloud.. My apologies if that was to be a secret...."

Yolikk gave a long groan and rolled his silver eyes. "Thanks for nothing. I just needed a little something. Always have. 's never been a problem before."

KnightStalker
11 July 2006, 05:02 PM
Crix leans against a wall and listens to the others.

"I think it's best that we all stay here, and if we do leave the suite, to have at least two people remain here with Yolikk."

Crix then shifts his weight to his other leg and drops his hand to where his holstered blaster would be...if he had it on him.

"I also think that those of us that do leave the suite for any reason, like say, going to check on Kol, do so in pairs. We're all unarmed, and there is more safety in numbers. For meals or other specific services, I think it would be best to have them here. I'm sure there's no problem with the ship's galley providing room service to the ship's passengers, after all, this is a star liner."

Jan Tolbara
12 July 2006, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
"Hello, this is attendant Maguro, how may I be of service?" a polite, cultured voice answers.

"Yes," Shadow replies. "Could you . . ."

Her voice trails off, as she spots a menu setting on the table next to the comm. Feeling her stomach begin to grumble, she swiftly picks it up and flips to the first page.

". . . have this premium sampler tray delivered to suite 11? No, make it two of them."

As she hears the rest of the group discussing something just outside her door, she finishes, "That's all for now."

Once the attendant drops the line, Shadow grabs her mask and flight suit, quickly gets dressed and opens the door.


"I also think that those of us that do leave the suite for any reason, like say, going to check on Kol, do so in pairs. We're all unarmed, and there is more safety in numbers. For meals or other specific services, I think it would be best to have them here. I'm sure there's no problem with the ship's galley providing room service to the ship's passengers, after all, this is a star liner."

"Agreed," Shadow interrupts, "especially since we are unarmed.

"Speaking of meals, I hope you like the food I just ordered for us. It should be here in a few minutes.

"Are you done with the refresher, Tresk?"

Ronin
12 July 2006, 06:33 AM
(Shadow)"Yes. Could you have this premium sampler tray delivered to suite 11? No, make it two of them. That's all for now."

"Of course madame, I'll have it sent to your suite directly. Thankyou."

And within five minutes the door chimes. Opening it a Zeltron maid pushes a gilt repulsor cart in, with two large trays of various foodstuffs atop it, all exceedingly artistically presented and looking absolutely delicious!

"Will that be all?" she asks.

SmugglerJedi
12 July 2006, 11:41 AM
The continual noise from the two occupants was just beginning to drive Kol crazy--or craz<i>ier</i>, considering what had happened in the past few hours. At least he was getting away from Mon Calamari--how could anyone live with that much water? It was ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as having to share a room with a Dug. The Baragwin was fine; the Dug was a complete a-hole. After dealing with a few more farts, Kol sighed, planted a kick in the bottom of the bunk, and chuckled refresingly as the Dug flew up into the air, rolled down the fall wall, and starting hopping around in jerky motions--not unlike the <i>hootan</i> lizard they put into the stew back on Nar Shadda, only that was smaller and covered in a brown sauce that only looked like industrial waste, but tasted more like fine fruit.

"Serves you right for being a jerk," Kol said, and then he got up, left the room, and went looking for the nearest bathroom.

[OOC: My apologies if it seems long in spots; I just got done reading the 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest. As bad as ever, but it makes you laugh.]

Crymoon
13 July 2006, 02:17 AM
We're all unarmed, and there is more safety in numbers.

"With the second part I do totally agree, but the fact that we had to give up our blasters doesn't make us unarmed. And.." he adds looking around the apartment "Maybe we should change the placement of few things around here to make it a more defendable position...If everything is not nailed down that is.. " he adds with a smile...

As the door chimes sounds and food appears Kerdan notices how hungry he was...

"Shadow you're the best... " he says with a bright smile "I'm really hungry..."


"Will that be all?" the Zeltron maid asks.

Kerdan takes a quick look at what's been brought and fortunately sees some refreshments (I hope).

"It's fine with me..." he says with a smile and picks up a plate "Shadow, what can I get you?"

Suddenly a thought comes to his mind...
"Guys how about we conntact Kol and invite him in here... As our strength lies in numbers, additional reinformcements would be nice"

Jan Tolbara
14 July 2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
"It's fine with me..." he says with a smile and picks up a plate "Shadow, what can I get you?"

Looking at Kerdan for a brief second, then glancing at the tray, she replies, "Um, I don't care. I'll trust your judgment."




Suddenly a thought comes to his mind...
"Guys how about we conntact Kol and invite him in here... As our strength lies in numbers, additional reinformcements would be nice"

Shadow merely nods in agreement.

Crymoon
15 July 2006, 12:42 AM
Kerdan picks up some of the food he knows to be delicious and adds some exotic ones and gives Shadow the dish..

"Who next?...."
He says taking another one and putting some food on it handing it to the first person to come near.

After dividing the food for everyone, taking something for himself and leaving a small bit for Kol he comes near the comm system and call the operator.

"Let them find Kol for us..."

Ronin
15 July 2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
After dividing the food for everyone, taking something for himself and leaving a small bit for Kol he comes near the comm system and call the operator.
"Let them find Kol for us..."

"Hello, this is attendant Ho'ke, may I be of service?" the liner staff answers.

Crymoon
15 July 2006, 04:28 AM
"Hello, this is attendant Ho'ke, may I be of service?" the liner staff answers.

"Could you be so kind and let Mr Kol from Room D lower Deck know that his person is needed in suite 11. I'd appreciate it..

Ronin
15 July 2006, 04:32 AM
(Kerdan)
"Could you be so kind and let Mr Kol from Room D lower Deck know that his person is needed in suite 11. I'd appreciate it..

"Certainly sir. I'll have him notified immediately. Is there anything else I can help with?"

Just then a slight, almost imperceptible shudder runs through the ship as it passes into hyperspace.

SmugglerJedi
15 July 2006, 07:37 AM
Kol hears his name just as he walks out the door. "<i>Perfect timing.</i>" Ignoring the Dug's yelps of pain, he walked up the hallways to Suite 11, doing his best not to look like a total idiot as he walked around the maze. He managed to pass the same sofa six times before he finally found out the corridor was on the <i>other</i> side of the hall, and he shook off the crew's attempts to help him (or merely to restrain him.)

The door opened to Suite 11, and he took a step in. "So, some--" He never finished. The opulence and size stunned him. He took a few more steps in, letting the door close, and stared in shock. The others never saw a jaw drop that far on a non-Hutt. He hunched over a bit, letting his arms fall slack. Then his neck twisted a bit, and his face looked up at a corner of the wall with a deranged look more fitting to retarded apes than witty smugglers. And then, he started to make a gurgling sound. But that wasn't the worst part.

He began to drool.

coldskier0320
15 July 2006, 06:00 PM
Tresk had just gotten done telling Shadow to help herself to the 'fresher when the group hit upon the brilliant notion of inviting that Kol fellow up to their rooms.

It should be that cretin, not my new droid, that needs to remain with the other animals for the voyage...

When the creature arrived, it failed to disappoint, as the bothan watched the hairless thing do a fine impersonation of any number of large aquatic mammalian cratured, when stranded on dry land.

Crymoon
15 July 2006, 09:40 PM
He began to drool.

Kerdan quickly gave Kol the aforehand prepared dish.. at least to stop him salivating on the floor which would leave a nasty stain... He was hoping that it could have been only a stain not a big hole... who knows what does Kol have in his salive... who knows what does Kol have in the place where his brain should be...

"OK. As we are all here let's discuss the schedule... We have to guard our guest all the time and keep him safe that means keep him here. We can make it a more defendable.. The rest however could walk a bit around the ship as knowing the surroundings is just as important as knowing your enemy... I'm sure our Bothan friend would be really glad to take some time off.."

Jan Tolbara
15 July 2006, 10:34 PM
Shadow, deciding to hold off on sampling the food until Kol had a chance to eat some to find out if it had been poisoned or not, listens intently to Kerdan's suggestions.

"Not a bad idea," she interjects while keeping an eye on the Sakiyan, waiting less and less patiently for him to stop drooling on the luxurious carpet and eat what would probably be the best food he may get during this trip.

She turns her attention to the Bothan and continues with an overexaggerated snooty voice and a hint of humor, "Tresk, since you've had a chance to clean up a bit, would you like to stroll around the ship for a bit with someone from our humble little band? I must bow out on this trip, since I still have yet to use the refresher."

Almost anxiously, Shadow glances back at Kol to see if he's eaten any food yet, her stomach practically begging for the food setting on the plate in her hand.

SmugglerJedi
16 July 2006, 12:14 PM
As Kerdan waves the food underneath Kol's nose, he suddenly snaps to a hungry preteen. "Food? Oh, food food food..." He eats it while listening to the others, though gradually his face turns more and more disgusted with the culinary skill of the <i>Steed</i>'s chefs.

So much for sophistication.

He only lets a few drips flow from his mouth, and he manages to get all of them on his boot, making him look like an idiot as he jiggles his foot to catch them all. When Shadow suggests Tresk should go, Kol raises his hand to be the buddy--though his mouth stays shut, not wanting to gross anyone else out further. He swallows what he has quickly, but before he can say anything else, he begins to cough. A peice of whatever that was wedged itself in his throat. He excuses himself to the corner of the room farthest from the party and tries to cough it out into his palm.

Jan Tolbara
16 July 2006, 08:49 PM
Without saying a word, Shadow turns her gaze from Kol's disgusting display to Tresk to see his reaction.

coldskier0320
24 July 2006, 06:43 PM
Though most present know that bothan fur does not change color to match mood, you'd also swear just the same that Tresk's chestnut brown fur had paled a shade or two. Fur flattened the bounty hunter does his best to avoid eye contact with Kol's half of the room as he hastily speaks up,

"Quite right. Kerdan...if you'd be so kind?"

As he says this, Tresk takes a few long steps toward the exit, hoping Kerdan follows...and that nobody would seek his opinion on the lovely display of Sakiyan bodily function epically unfolding on the floor.

Jan Tolbara
24 July 2006, 07:19 PM
Shadow watches Tresk walk past her, glances back to Kol and turns back to the food in her hand.

She lifts one particularly tasty-looking crustacean, sniffs it to see if something smells funny. If she doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary, she eats it.

SmugglerJedi
25 July 2006, 03:40 AM
[OOC: I said he was coughing into his hand, not vomiting all over the floor. Jeez lawheez, he's being rather clean for once...]

Kol dumps the wedge into the garbage can and wipes his hands and face with a napkin left about. He gets every last drop of food off and sighs. But at that moment, he notices Tresk moving towards the exit. "Hey, wait up big guy!" He walks over to the Bothan and gives him a clap on the shoulder. "You weren't planning to leave without me now, were you?"

Crymoon
25 July 2006, 05:06 AM
"Quite right. Kerdan...if you'd be so kind?"

Kerdan smiles lightly and nods with his head.
But at that moment, he notices Tresk moving towards the exit. "Hey, wait up big guy!" He walks over to the Bothan and gives him a clap on the shoulder. "You weren't planning to leave without me now, were you?"

"as a matter of fact we were...You stay here and help guard our guest. He is not to leave the room and noone come to visit here... He can order food if that's necessary but nothing else. No spice no nothing... Is that clear?..." Kerdan says clapping Kol quite hard on the neck. "As soon as we're finished you'll be free to go back to your quarter or do whatever you like to...And guys you can always get us on the coms" He turns on his comlink (which unfortunately for anyone was shut off since the action)

SmugglerJedi
26 July 2006, 05:32 AM
"Owww!" Kol moans as he massages his reddening neck. "Jeez lawheez--why do I have to guard our guest? For crying out loud. you got Shadow the Warrior Princess over there with enough vibroblades to turn an entire army into shish kabobs!" He glances at Shadow, Crix, and the "guest". "What?"