PDA

View Full Version : Champions of the Force Mini Boxes

Reverend Strone
14 February 2006, 12:46 PM
Here's a look at the packaging for the next set of minis.
These pictures (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=16681&cat=4725) were taken at Toyfair, New York:

Jedi Master Talon
15 February 2006, 07:39 AM
I've been pumped for Champions of the Force ever since they confirmed my favorite character was going to be in it, Corran Horn. Now that I know that the New Republic will be getting more men I will begin playing them more.

Iceberg
15 February 2006, 08:58 AM
*drools with anticipation*

Codym
15 February 2006, 09:12 AM
More figs are always welcome, and the packaging looks okay. Except for shirtless Maul. He looks a little, well, retarded. Still, as long as the minis look good...

Wesly Senesca
15 February 2006, 11:43 AM
What are the confirmed characters (besides Corran--who better be friggin' kick-@$$)?

kaeroth
15 February 2006, 12:25 PM
One would assume Darth Nihilus, otherwise it'd be strange to put him on the box. I wonder if other KOTOR foes (and friends?) are in there? How many NJO jedi are out there already? Though they could always just do a new version of 'em. Folks like Cilghal or Tionne might be interesting supporting players.

Wesly Senesca
15 February 2006, 08:12 PM
Folks like Cilghal or Tionne might be interesting supporting players.

Yeah. I'd like to see Mara Jade Skywalker along with Kyp Durron, the Solo kids, Juruus C'Boath (sp?), Young Palpatine (from Dark Empire), Ganner Rhysode, Admiral Daala, Talon Kaarde and posse, updated versions of Leia and Han circa NJO period, the list goes on (like this sentence :P ).

But, there can only be so many figures made for this set, and rehashing previous characters can get a little boring, I mean there are four versions of Vader out there, three of Obi Wan and Luke--c'mon, how many is enough?

Still, rantings aside, I'd love to see what's in store. Though, how will they (if they) represent Revan and the Exile? Male or female, melee combat or Force focused? It raises a few questions as to what will be considered canon concerning those two characters.

kaeroth
16 February 2006, 05:56 AM
Revan, at least, they can just show in his/her armor from before he/she was turned. Although...for some reason, I think I've gaethred the "official" story was that Revan was female. Not sure why i thought that.
The Exile, though...that's tougher. They could, of course, do different versions. You know, like the same stats, but a male and female version of each. It wouldn't make sense to do a different one for each of the faces you could choose fomr, but...I dunno. Maybe they could different versions for the combat heavy or Force-heavy styles?

Wesly Senesca
16 February 2006, 10:09 AM
True, they could do different versions, but remember, there are only sixty slots for minis per expansion. Only in the first set hve I ever seen two versions of the same character (Luke and Vader at the beginning and end of the OT). Further more, there are a lot of character options to mess with pertaining to the Revan and the Exile, for example, did they officially go light or dark? I assume that would affect their power sets. Also, what about their companions? Who gets in and are they Jedi or not?

I guess all I can do is wait for a list minis. :(

Reverend Strone
16 February 2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by kaeroth
One would assume Darth Nihilus, otherwise it'd be strange to put him on the box. I wonder if other KOTOR foes (and friends?) are in there? How many NJO jedi are out there already? Though they could always just do a new version of 'em. Folks like Cilghal or Tionne might be interesting supporting players.

Ooh! Ooh! I know the answer! Unfortunately I am bound from saying anything due to the NDAs I signed, but I did some artwork for the stat cards in this series, so I am aware of quite a number that are in this and the Bounty Hunters set that follows. Lets just say that there are some very cool fan favourites in there to look forward too. :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing my drawings as sculptures. :)

Jedi Master Talon
17 February 2006, 08:37 AM
Try this thread on wizards website. It has a list of characters that have been either confirmed or have been rumored to be seen. This is the best us fans have got when it comes to a set list so here it is.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=582192

and try this site to see a side pic of one of the boxes, you can see 3 minis and can identify who 2 out of the 3 are if you look close enough at the names.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-hasbroWOTC/SWminiCOTFbooster.jpg

Wesly Senesca
17 February 2006, 09:35 AM
From what I could make out of the booster box picture, the top figure looked like Mace Windu, next either Jaina Solo or Mara Jade Skywalker (more on that in bit), and the third a possible Jerec, Dark Jedi Master.

Now, the second figure loosk a lot like Jaina Solo, the only reason I thought it might be Mara is that Jaina uses a purple lightsaber, not a blue one. But then again, there have been mistakes with minis before. For instance, in the RotS set, both versions of Pre-Vader Anakin were sculpted as lefties. His artificial arm was on the correct side but his lightsaber was weilded on the wrong side. So, something like the improper lightsaber color wouldn't be that surprising. Of course, I could be wrong entirely and that the second figure is someone else completely. If so, oh well.

Still, the cover representing yet another version of Luke is both nice and not so nice. Another version of him (or any other main) is a little much, but, since I didn't really like the way his stats were represented in Rebel Storm, a good version of him circa the Thrawn trilogy would be much appreciated. I mean, Master Skywalker is cool and all, but 74 points is just too damn much.

Jedi Master Talon
20 February 2006, 08:02 AM
I also have to agree that Luke Jedi knight sucks. He was probably good when it came to just the Rebel Storm set but with the new sets he just can't take on any of the newer characters. It would be nice to have a 40 some point luke that can handle himself without backup. Luke Jedi Master is good but 74 points is quite alot especially when he is in a faction that has only 5 units in it. That is one big reason I can't wait till Champions comes out.

Their supposed to have some New Republic characters.