PDA

View Full Version : Critical amputation...yup, that is going to leave a mark!!

Redfinger
4 March 2006, 08:34 PM
So I think in almost every episode of SW(I may be exagerating(sp)) I think some one gets somethign cut off. From Luke and his hand to port Darth Maul and his waist....So my question is has anyone established an in game or house rule for this?

It might be a good side adventure or RP experience to find some one a new hand, or new set of lungs, ect...

I would imagine it would be based on a die roll % or some such thing.

Anyway, if you have an idea I would love to see it. I have been wanting this for my game for sometime!

Red

Uron Teff
5 March 2006, 01:58 AM
Well the rules for servered limbs can be found in the Galactic Campaign Guide on page 39.

wolverine
5 March 2006, 02:17 AM
Or in D6, it can be the choice of the PC/NPC rather than have a killing blow, just make it a Maiming wound.

kaeroth
5 March 2006, 09:46 AM
In D20, I usually play it so that if you take a sizable amount of wound damage from a lightsaber, but don't die, then something just got cut off. "Sizeable" is a malleable amount, and gets affected by what would work best with the story.

Redfinger
5 March 2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Well the rules for servered limbs can be found in the Galactic Campaign Guide on page 39.

I do not have this book, would you mind posting a summary of the rules?

Red

Uron Teff
5 March 2006, 01:13 PM
Well I partially lied about page 39 in the Galactic Campaign Guide. There is more on this topic at page 40 and 41.
And I hope you might understand that I'm neither allowed to copy three pages from an official book nor do I feel like doing so.
I guess another possibility to get the info would be to either buy the book or try to organize it in a library. Or ask your friends.

Uron :)

Redfinger
5 March 2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Uron Teff
Well I partially lied about page 39 in the Galactic Campaign Guide. There is more on this topic at page 40 and 41.
And I hope you might understand that I'm neither allowed to copy three pages from an official book nor do I feel like doing so.
I guess another possibility to get the info would be to either buy the book or try to organize it in a library. Or ask your friends.

Uron :)

I didnt ask for a detailed report, just a summary..

Red

Uron Teff
5 March 2006, 01:36 PM
Well the general rule is that you roll each time a hero suffers a critical hit you have to roll a d10 to determine what kind of damage he suffers. The lists also differ by the type of damage:
Lightsabe, Slashing Weapon

Dismembermant
Servered Hand
Leg Wound
Decapitation

Blaster, Lightsaber, Piercing Weapon

Blinded
Pierced Limb
Deafend
Pierced Torso

Bludgeoning Weapon

Broken Limb
Broken Hand
Broken Ribs
Head Trauma

Combined with every point there is an effect described. Plus Saving throws et cetera.
I hope this helps.

Elvenshae
7 March 2006, 12:54 PM
Another house rule I've seen is that, when a hit from a lightsaber would bring you to below 0 wound points, you may instead elect to have a limb severed. You still drop to 0 wound points, and are missing a limb, but you aren't dead, at least.

wolverine
7 March 2006, 05:48 PM
I would actually make that a choice of the Attacker, rather than the one hit, as i see it as something they would do, otherwise if you leave it to the players, they would always opt to have something lopped off rather than dying.

Evil Steve
12 March 2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by wolverine
I would actually make that a choice of the Attacker, rather than the one hit, as i see it as something they would do, otherwise if you leave it to the players, they would always opt to have something lopped off rather than dying.

That may not be a bad thing. Players get attached to their characters. GMs often build story arcs around characters. Having a way to remind someone of their mortality without actually killing them is good.

Besides, sometimes its time to retire a character nobly, with an old war wound. On the other hand, letting your blind, brain damaged, legless Noble die may not be such a bad thing either.