PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars T.V. series?

Naga Sadow
5 March 2006, 12:36 PM
I have not heard anything about the Star Wars T.V. shows in quit a long time. Has anybody heard anything about them?

kaeroth
5 March 2006, 02:26 PM
I think right as the pie-in-the-sky hopeful rumor was proven to be true, we were all full of interest and speculation and all that about what it was going to be like. We may have blown ourselves out, and since it's not due out til...next year?...We haven't come up with anything new to add to the discussion. Dig up a new rumor about it (like Robin Williams and Nathan Fillion teaming up to co-star!) and we'll be all over it again.

Bob Boop
6 March 2006, 02:51 AM
I heard that he might remake the original triligoy but I would much rather he made the last three movies. They would have been the best. Although they would not be as good special effects because the aliens that attack are resistant to force.

Reverend Strone
8 March 2006, 03:14 PM
Here's the facts, almost all of it confirmed by folks at Lucasfilm-

Two shows- one 3D animated and one live action.

The 3D show will be set during the Clone Wars. Expect more of what fans have come to love in the tartakovsky series, although I don't believe he is involved in these ones. They will be longer and have more story, but the word is that the look will be similar, but of course all 3D instead of cell-animated. Look for it to debut next year at the earliest.

The live action show won't happen till later this decade, but is intended to be a 100 episode-minimum show set between Ep3 and 4. Lucas is actively involved in its development.

Vanger Chevane
9 March 2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Here's the facts, almost all of it confirmed by folks at Lucasfilm-

Two shows- one 3D animated and one live action.

The 3D show will be set during the Clone Wars. Expect more of what fans have come to love in the tartakovsky series, although I don't believe he is involved in these ones. They will be longer and have more story, but the word is that the look will be similar, but of course all 3D instead of cell-animated. Look for it to debut next year at the earliest.

The live action show won't happen till later this decade, but is intended to be a 100 episode-minimum show set between Ep3 and 4. Lucas is actively involved in its development.
Not to tutor the master, but 3D Cell-shading has come a long way.

Look at the Shadow Chronicles trailers on Robotech.com for examples of how "toony" a fully 3D environment and animation can be.

Still, I can't wait to hear solid details of where & when they'll be aired. :D

Wolfe2
27 March 2006, 05:33 AM
well R.Mc Callum mentioned recently the 100 eps between 3 and 4 are about Luke..

gawd i so really and truely f'n hope not.. last thing I'd ever watch is 100 eps of that whiny brat.

I would so rather see a broader spectrum of starwars done over 100 eps about that idiot.

If what he said is true... (please say it isn't so)

bets are you will undoubtedly see just how incompetitent Boba Fett really is..
(meaning you'll see a young Luke confront and best him a few times).

I would prefer a tales of the cantina a few times..
have a couple times where an older Han Solo, or other person tells a story of the past.

you would have to keep it energetic, the life of a bored young moisture farmer isn't exactly on my list of must see t.v.
wouldn't even read a small book if it was about his younger years..
but thats me..

anyways..
reguardless what its about..
could you sit there watch the "crawl" every episode or would it get undoubtedly old fast.

Lucas Carr
27 March 2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Wolfe2
well R.Mc Callum mentioned recently the 100 eps between 3 and 4 are about Luke..

I know he's said that it'll be 100 episodes between RotS and ANH, but from what I've heard it's not going to be about Luke. Where did you hear that?

Wolfe2
27 March 2006, 07:41 AM
your kidding?
nobody else saw the interview R.M gave the BBC?
not to mention all the other interviews,(magazines, T.V. even radio and IRC even hyperspace mentions this a couple times) R.M. mentions the tv show?

he said it would cover the early 20 years of Luke skywalker and 'possibly' show how others got together.
its the only thing I've seen remotely 'official' about it..
the rest have all been conjectures from fans and the like.

Lucas Carr
27 March 2006, 08:11 AM
Nope. Not kidding. Don't watch much tv, nor do I read a lot of magazines, nor do I have hyperspace. So I obviously don't have all the details you have. Or if I do, I haven't interpreted them in the same way you have.

Note: The last sentence added more as a disclaimer that I might not remember everything. ;)

Wolfe2
27 March 2006, 10:26 AM
it was more of a your kidding nobody else has mentioned this?

I cannot have possibly been the only one to have seen this here..
unless everyone else is like me and actually has little interest in it at the moment..