PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

Nealos
26 March 2006, 07:07 PM
Well, we seemed to have a good start to the Journal crew, then our leader went AWOL. Not sure what happened there. I've been trying to find the time to pull the crew back together and pick another leader. We had a great start and then nothing went forward because our head disappeared. Anyhoo, if anyone wants to lead this group, sound out here.

Otherwise, I've been looking for time to put new material on my own site (SWSRC) and will be doing so kind of soon. In related and great news, I discovered a few friends of my wife who are very interested in playing if I GM. This will be me returning to SWRPG as an active player/GM for the first time in roughly 12 years - YAY! I knew I kept my books for a reason.

Dang, I wish I could get this site going. Does anyone want the reigns? I (and others who are gone now) put Starwars-rpg.net on the map, but I can't keep it there. It takes a someone with the time! I'm not short on interest, just TIME!!!!!

reliant
27 March 2006, 03:48 PM
Well I'm still around and willing to help out with the O.J. Just say the word and I'm ready to go.

Nealos
27 March 2006, 08:44 PM
I appreciate it! Anyone else?

Ris
29 March 2006, 01:26 PM
I'm still available to work on the OJ as both editor and contributor. Alas, I do not have the time to lead a team, nor the skillset for running a website.

Nealos
29 March 2006, 07:11 PM
Ris, that's far better than nothing - thanks for your offer on the table. Any other takers? I'll see what I can do to reach out to the group that expressed interest late last year. Let's get this thing going!

Jedi_Shadow
29 March 2006, 09:54 PM
I'd love to contribute, either in art or content. Let me know what you need. You can see more of my stuff at SWAG (http://www.swagonline.net/gallery.php?cat_id=42&action=images).

Nealos
30 March 2006, 08:45 PM
Cool! Keep it coming, people!

Nova Spice
31 March 2006, 04:13 PM
My PCs and I have been developing an all-encompassing 3rd Edition of the D20 Star Wars RPG. So far, the file is close to 2 MB (of text), but I imagine that it'll be close to 5 MB before it's all said and done.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if the OJ is interested, it can include snippets of our new ruleset and then be the method with which we release the whole thing.

Just let me know, Nealos. :) ;)

That aside, if you need a guest writer, I'll fill in. I'll have some time this spring and summer to help out.

hisham
1 April 2006, 05:20 AM
I'm down for several illustrations an issue. Yes, I am.

Nealos
2 April 2006, 08:54 AM
Ok, very nice! Anyone else? All are welcome to join.

Sounds like there's enough people to possibly make something happen. I'll contact the rest of the old crew and see what kind of a team we can put together.

Thanks!

ooontrprzes
2 April 2006, 06:27 PM
Not sure in what capacity I could help, though I do have a massive stack of home-grown info, story threads, campaigns, etc. it was at one point the product of a campaign I ran over the course of several years. Maybe it's not the sort of thing you're looking for, but I could probably find a way to convert this into a regular feature introducing players and gamemasters to the content. think of it almost like a cross between the star wars adventure journal and marvel's what if? comic series. anyways, I could ramble about it all day, but it'd probably just be best if you checked out the site and let me know what you think (definately a work in progress, for a more accurate representation you can also shoot me an e-mail)

Nealos
2 April 2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds great, we'll definitely need content. Stay tuned and I'll collect that from you when the time is right.

Thanks!

Nova Spice
2 April 2006, 09:22 PM
Nealos, you can reach me at either of my two e-mail addresses if PM is a method that isn't feasible:

dwvolvo19@yahoo.com
dwvolvo19@gmail.com

Ris
3 April 2006, 01:28 PM
Content-wise, I have been updating an article on pbp gamig that had been accepted by OJ but never published. I also one or 2 other things I am considering writing.

darkweji
25 April 2006, 07:44 PM
Boo!

Yeah, I have to say that time is something I haven't had in a VERY long time. Glad to see you're still kicking it Nealos.

Time for this old timer to return to lurking in the shadows...

reliant
11 May 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm good for writing content or editing again. I've been doing a lot more of that lately here at work anyway. I don't think I'm the guy to head up the whole thing but I'm available for just about anything that needs doing...

I know the admin site is down, but does anyone still have all the old submissions? If so, we already have more than enough content to get an issue out. Toss in a few new articles, some artwork, and I think it'd be ready to go.

Nealos
25 May 2006, 09:00 PM
oh HELL no! Darkweji. Now there's a name that hasn't graced my screen in years. Puts a smile on me. Stick around. I'm trying to as well. :) lol

Ok ladies, who wants to take the reigns and get this happening? We need someone with the time and vision.

reliant
26 May 2006, 05:22 AM
If no one else can/will, then I'll volunteer...

gmjabreson
26 May 2006, 10:41 AM
currently working on a fan made sourcebook, that is taking up my mind, if not all my time, lol. Once I get that done, if you'd like, I could contribute some stories. Things have been delayed with the book due to TRW (For Future reference: The Real World), but I'm working my tail off on getting it back on schedule. I posted part of a story in the thread for the book, thread is Marching Orders in D20 Forum, the story is Harbingers of Peace. The whole story will be in the book.

PsychoInfiltrator
26 May 2006, 04:42 PM
(For Future reference: The Real World),

AKA 'RL.' Or more appropriately, in this case, DRL.

Sounds great, we'll definitely need content. Stay tuned and I'll collect that from you when the time is right.

I can supply content as time allows upon request, as well. With Submissions non-existent, most of my ideas remain only in my brain.

Ubiqtorate
30 May 2006, 04:27 PM
I'd also like very much to submit, possibly even take a larger role, but unfortunately I too am a slave to real world concerns. My life's in a bit of a state of flux right now... hopefully within the next couple of months I'll get a stable job and maybe even have a bit of free time. Until then I can't promise anything, but I'm replying here to let you know I'm interested, at least.

Ubiqtorate
31 October 2006, 03:49 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread in light of some of the stuff that's been said on the "That's not a good sign..." (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=503281#post503281) thread. I'd like to see the OJ make a comeback, but I understand how much work would have to go into it.

Since I last posted in May, my life has in fact stabilized. I've got a job that does give me some free time to create material for the OJ or whatever else. I don't want that to take up all of my free time, obviously, but if there's interest in and possibility of bringing the OJ back, let's talk about it.

Ardent
1 November 2006, 12:36 PM
I think that the OJ is most likely to make a comeback in the form of a developer's blog; with the staff writers contributing regularly to their columns and guest writers submitting to editors who check their work and then post it.

If we can find someone to package the work in pdf format we could probably start releasing actual Journal issues again, but as I've mentioned finding a good designer who doesn't have problems functioning as a member of a team (and has time to do something pro bono) is tough.

Ubiqtorate
1 November 2006, 03:46 PM
...finding a good designer who doesn't have problems functioning as a member of a team (and has time to do something pro bono) is tough.

Yeah, I know a few people with at least two of the three qualifications, but nobody that has all three. Just the same, though, it'd be nice to see that back up again.