PDA

View Full Version : Endor Holocaust Idea

Arjuna
6 April 2006, 09:53 PM
I am starting up a new arc in my campaign. I am going with the idea that the destruction of the 2nd Death Star caused massive damage to Endor's moon. I have yet to decide how much but its going to be significant. I have a few questions for you fine and wise folks.

What parts if any of the Death Star, the Executor or the rest of the Empiral fleet could have survived in mass in orbit and on the moon's surface?

What is the deal with the Black Hole near Endor?

Since I am disregarding all of the EU stuff regarding Endor and the Emperor do you think that there is a significant amount of Dark Side energy around and on the moon?

Could said Dark Side energy have mutated the moons inhabitants? If so how?

Is it possible that Darth Sidious' Dark Side Force Spirit is somewhere on the moon?

I have some thoughts on all of these questions but I would like any and all input that you all might have.

Thanks in advance.

Santa Claws
7 April 2006, 12:19 AM
Is it possible that Darth Sidious' Dark Side Force Spirit is somewhere on the moon?

Maybe a holocron artifact in orbit or on the surface of the moon or the planet.

Ringlord816
7 April 2006, 03:09 AM
This (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=19952) is the controversial curtis saxton article on the endor holocaust.

this (http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1846) is an article on this site that provides an opposing viewpoint to saxton's theory.

Not sure if you've seen either, but they might help out a bit with determining the extent of damage.

Elvenshae
7 April 2006, 04:39 AM
I know in at least one post-Endor novel, Luke and another Force-sensitive (possibly Leia) are orbiting the Forest Moon and pass through the spot in space where Palpatine died.

They are both affected by it: chills, dark thoughts, etc.

Random Axe
7 April 2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Elvenshae
I know in at least one post-Endor novel, Luke and another Force-sensitive (possibly Leia) are orbiting the Forest Moon and pass through the spot in space where Palpatine died.

They are both affected by it: chills, dark thoughts, etc.
IIRC, it was Zahn's Hair to the Empire series, and it was Mara Jade the Emperor's Hand who passed through the spot over Endor where Palpatine had died, and yes the echo of such a powerful Force-user's presence did create a shadow in its place.

Darth Fierce
7 April 2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Random Axe
IIRC, it was Zahn's Hair to the Empire series

Oh man, now I'm going to be picturing Ewoks donating follicles to balding Imperials for the rest of the day!!! ;)

Sorry, it was just too easy to pass up. :)

Darth Fierce :vader:

Arjuna
7 April 2006, 10:39 AM
First off thanks to all that have replied.

Ringlord I have read both of those very interesting articles. After rereading them I am further convinced that there was never a holocaust like Saxton describes. However a near holocaust fits into my campaign idea better then minor destruction.

Santa the Holocron idea works pretty well I think I will put it on the moon instead of in orbit.

A few things about the black hole that I still dont quite understand. Is it a wormhole? Was it created by the death of Sidious and the explosion of the DS2?

What I am doing is that I am having a group of relic hunter type guys go to Endor to retrieve Vadar's armor and to find anything else that might be salvaged from the moon. That is why I was looking for further details as to how much of the intact ships and Death Star could still be around.

Thanks again for your responses.

Darth Fierce
7 April 2006, 01:15 PM
Your plan to send relic hunters to Endor reminds me a lot of a plot hook in the defunct "Star Wars Gamer" magazine. The plot revolved around treasure hunters, salvagers, Imperials, New Republic agents, and possibly darksiders, searching for Darth Vader's lightsaber, and was cleverly named "Dark Lords of the Sift."

Arjuna
7 April 2006, 02:36 PM
Darth Fierce that is a great title. Do you remember which issue that article was in? I have quite a few of them but I dont recall that article being in any of the issues I have. If I remember correctly I missed the last two issues before it went away.

wolverine
7 April 2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Random Axe

IIRC, it was Zahn's Hair to the Empire series, and it was Mara Jade the Emperor's Hand who passed through the spot over Endor where Palpatine had died, and yes the echo of such a powerful Force-user's presence did create a shadow in its place.

Actually it was Leia when she was waiting for Kabarack of Clan Kimbah

PsychoInfiltrator
8 April 2006, 05:07 AM
Well, no. Mara was with Luke, Leia did it alone.

Darth Fierce
8 April 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Arjuna
Darth Fierce that is a great title. Do you remember which issue that article was in? I have quite a few of them but I dont recall that article being in any of the issues I have. If I remember correctly I missed the last two issues before it went away.

Well, I'll take a look at my issues tomorrow and try to figure out which number it was. If anyone else figures out which issue featured Endor and the Moddell Sector before I do, please chime in....

Stormrider
9 April 2006, 04:15 PM
According to the Truth about the Endor Holocaust Endor and the Modell sector is Star Wars Gamer #10

Arjuna
16 April 2006, 07:35 PM
I moved since I got those magazines and cant find them. I know they are in a box some place. I dont remember if I have that one for sure. Does anyone remember what was on the cover?

Kyndig_Episte
18 April 2006, 12:18 PM
Issue 10 had Count Dooku on the cover.

Arjuna
18 April 2006, 12:25 PM
I never got that one.