PDA

View Full Version : Army Deployment ships of the Empire.

gmjabreson
29 July 2006, 02:32 PM
After Searching Wikipedia about dropships, they don't have alot. Was wondering if anyone knew more about dropships. I know there was the Sentinal Shuttle for troops, the AT Barge, the Y 85 At lander, the MT 131, the MT 191, the F 7 "Brick", and the Lambda Shuttle.

Question is, are there any others?

Ronin
29 July 2006, 09:24 PM
IIRC the Mu-class shuttle was an Old Republic era ship that was also used by the Empire. It carried troops and a pair of AT-PT (though I allowed it to carry a pair of AT-ST instead in my campaign).
For full description and stats you'd have to hunt down the D6 Adventure Journal...
I might have the stats somewhere...

EDIT: I might be talking about the Kappa actually now I think about it :? (anyway, I expect the full range of shuttles to be in Marching Orders, right? :D)

hisham
29 July 2006, 10:28 PM
Then, there's the Gamma-class shuttle. But that carries a platoon of spacetroopers in launch tubes. Not really a ground infantry deployment vehicle.

gmjabreson
30 July 2006, 06:52 AM
we're discussing that idea, its just something I came across while rewriting some of the chapters into general outline format.
Some of the guys have begun stating them on the other site already as well. So I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about them.

Wasn't there a Beta class shuttle somewhere too? I remembered the Mu 2 shuttles from one of the old D6 books, but that they were antiques and thought most were owned by merc groups or such.

gmjabreson
14 August 2006, 04:31 AM
found lots more from the Early Empire Eras in some of the D6 books, just trying to get them converted over for the book....

gmjabreson
28 August 2006, 06:56 AM
These are the Dropships/Deployment Ships used by the Empire throughout the Years it was ruling:

Y85 AT-AT Lander
Curich Shuttle
MT 131 Vehicle/Troop Lander
MT 191 Vehicle Lander
Mu 1 Shuttle (End of Old Republic)
Mu 2 Shuttle (Rise of the Empire)
Mu 3 Shuttle
Rho Shuttle
F7 Brick (Vehicle Lander)
Troop Drop Pods
Tribune Shuttle
Telgorn Shuttle
Sentinel Shuttle
Star Seeder (Special Operations)
Sigma Squad Shuttles
Kleeque Shuttle
Katarn Shuttle
Kappa Shuttle
Lambda Shuttle
BR 23 Troop Courier
Beta Shuttle
AT-Barge
Aegis Shuttle
Grek Shuttles

I've looked through alot of books, and did alot of reading to find all of those....but in no way is the list 100% complete. I'm sure there are books out there that I haven't gone through or been able to find. And I've already googled wiki and wookie about the topic.

I've found more and in the process of creating D20 stats for them at the moment. Got alot of them done in the last couple of days and hopefully will have the rest of them done over the next couple of days.