PDA

View Full Version : WotC Minis Survey

Elvenshae
3 August 2006, 06:05 PM
All,

WotC is conducting a survey about how people purchase and use the SW Minis - including a couple questions on RPG use. You can find the survey here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/survey06

Ris
16 August 2006, 04:50 AM
I've looked at the survey, but not finished it. All those questions about how many of each set you have was a big turnoff for me. I don't know how many boxes I've bought! Multiple choices, like "<10, 10-20, >20, 1 case, 2 or more cases," would have made more sense.

But I do want to do the survey, so I'll go back & guess. :)

Elvenshae
16 August 2006, 07:29 AM
It was easy for me to answer that part of the survey:

1 ROTS Starter Set
4 ROTS Boosters
Hordes of singles on eBay

:D

Ris
16 August 2006, 11:46 AM
I did take it after posting. The numbers were just off the top of my head. :D

Donovan Morningfire
23 August 2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I had to guess too on some of them, especially Rebel Storm and Clone Strike (which was before I started buying cases outright).

Most of my answeres were "I use the minis for RPG purposes," which of late is true as nobody seems to play SW Minis anymore in my area.

Ris
30 August 2006, 05:00 AM
What gets really complicated is when you're having to figure out not just yours but how many you bought for the kids, how many for hubby, subtract out how many they bought for you...

Sorry to her there's a shortage of mini's gamers in your area, Dono. But it's only 2 months until your NecronomiCon vacation. :D

Stratos
22 September 2006, 07:03 AM
I bought Rebel Storm, Clone Strike, and Revenge all from Barnes & nOble because at the time of their releases I worked very part time and received a 30% discount... so I bought by the case and sold/bought/traded with local friends for what I still needed/etc.

For Universe and Champions of the Force I bought both at my local FLGS and off eBay.

For Bounty Hunters I already have some on hold at my local FLGS in addition to one case on order from Buy.com. After this initial lot I'll probably go to eBay for the remainder of what I want & need.

I collect to have complete sets but not necessarily from a collector POV. I enjoy playing the game AND I love using them in my RPG campaign... so having all available as options suits me best.

In the first 4 releases I made sure I had one of each Rare / Very Rare... and 4 of each Common / Uncommon (except Huge - I resorted to just two). For Champions and Bounty Hunters I will likely limit my C / UC hording to two of each unless I really like it!

- Stratos