PDA

View Full Version : Scary thoughts

gmjabreson
4 August 2006, 06:34 PM
I remember the spoiler thread on whether Mace Windu, Jedi Master could have survived his fall after his defeat by Anakin and the Emperor. My Scary thought is this. Where did his arm go? Does anyone see where I am going with this???

I mean come on, Vader brings back a hand from Luke, and eventually a clone was made from it. Could and would the Emperor create a mind warped version of Mace? Think about it, it would make sense. Jedi aren't returning like they are supposed to, so he creates a clone from the tissues in Mace's arm and has the clone Mace try to lure the Jedi out of hiding for extermination.

Who's to say the Cloned Insane Jedi Yoda faced on Dagobah wasn't a Clone of Mace? Now that is just Scary.....

wolverine
5 August 2006, 06:02 AM
Actually, i wonder where it went too myself...

Fingon
5 August 2006, 09:20 AM
ohh... creepy...

Actually, that would make a lot of sense, and sounds like something Palpatine would do.

IzVenjari
6 August 2006, 04:30 PM
O yeah!!! - insane cloned Mace rampaging through some slum looking for a force-user he has sensed.

Tho, would insane cloned Mace have all the fighting skill of normal Mace? Same base ability i would imagine - but he would need to trained in Vaapad all over again - which might be a bit difficult...

But still - scary thought - :rolleyes: great for a campaign tho...

gmjabreson
6 August 2006, 04:30 PM
yeah, it is definately something Ol' Palpatine would think of once the Jedi stopped coming to Coruscant altogether. I can foresee him devising such a plan, to clone one of the Greatest Jedi Masters, and corrupting him. Then turning him loose across the Galaxy to lure out the Jedi for the New Imperial Forces to eliminate them.

Besides, only Anakin and Palpatine know he was "killed"*. For others to find out he is a clone would be hard since the clone would have most of his characteristics, though would age faster than the original. For a while the Clone Mace would be able to pull off my escape aged me bit, but after that the aging would go too fast and his secret revealed.

*no actual comfirmation has been given whether Mace Windu survived the fall from his defeat. Since no body has yet been found, it is hard to rule out he has died.

Sithspawn
7 August 2006, 03:35 AM
I say bring Mace back for the Star Wars TV series B)

gmjabreson
7 August 2006, 05:06 AM
hmmm. Now riddle me this. The Emperor creates a Clone of Mace from his arm, we've thought about that. But because of his ability to lure out the jedi from hiding, the Emperor makes him an Emperors Hand? Ooh, Mace Windu, Emperor's hand. He could have been the first one, lol.

IzVenjari
7 August 2006, 02:01 PM
Dude - you've spent way too much time thinking about this :P - that could be why by the time Luke comes around there is nobody bar ObiWan and Yoda and the odd crazy Jedi around....

and i agree with Sithspawn - bring back Mace for the TV series - and have him fight his insane, evil clone!!!! mwuahahahahahahaha!!!!!B)

gmjabreson
7 August 2006, 03:20 PM
when one is unable to work, they have alot of time on their hands. Meaning I've got lots of time to think about things on here, lol.

Jedi_Shadow
10 August 2006, 11:04 AM
A fascinating storyline. However, I think the charade would only last for so long. Yes, it would be hard to figure out he was a clone, but I think it would happen before too long. Someone would discover the truth, and the new Mace Windu (Maace? Mace Mk. II? Mace Jr.?) would be destroyed, and Palpatine would have to find a new tactic.

gmjabreson
16 August 2006, 12:07 PM
yeah, it would mainly depend on if there were any survivors from the raids the Cloned Mace was involved in. I mean, as soon as Jedi start hearing rumors that a once Great Master is now hunting and killing Jedi, they gonna start avoiding him and begin moving around alot more so he wouldn't know where to look.

But that brings up another question. Did anyone else think the Jedi had planned for this event, since alot of them went into hiding? I mean besides Obi Wan changing the coded message, does anyone think that the Jedi were prepared to go into hiding in such an event?

IzVenjari
16 August 2006, 12:49 PM
I somehow doubt that there was a plan in place - but many individual Jedi had probably considered that possibility and where carefully keeping track of events and stuff. Plus - who would be better than a Jedi at slipping into the unknown with ease?

Firaxa
16 August 2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Shadow
A fascinating storyline. However, I think the charade would only last for so long. Yes, it would be hard to figure out he was a clone, but I think it would happen before too long. Someone would discover the truth, and the new Mace Windu (Maace? Mace Mk. II? Mace Jr.?) would be destroyed, and Palpatine would have to find a new tactic.

Isn't it all ready well known that Mace is dead? After all, Palpatine seemed to be quite open about Mace's assassination attempt to the senate.

gmjabreson
16 August 2006, 03:12 PM
to Quote Palpy's buddy in the Senate Chamber when talking aboutYoda..."If there is no body he isn't dead." Nobody has yet determined if he was dead or not, just an assassination attempt was foiled.

Firaxa
16 August 2006, 03:49 PM
Fair enough, I guess, though I suspect Mace's death at the hands of Emperor would common knowledge, if just for the usual moral boost of executing the assassin. I guess it could be either way.

Jedi_Shadow
16 August 2006, 03:55 PM
Isn't it all ready well known that Mace is dead? After all, Palpatine seemed to be quite open about Mace's assassination attempt to the senate.

I good point. Were I a Mace clone traipsing around as the original, I wouldn't exactly broadcast that I was alive either. Much better to be very quiet and careful. Reel in unsuspecting Jedi, then when they step too far into the trap, spring it.

wolverine
16 August 2006, 05:55 PM
If nothing else, plant seeds of him still being alivbe to lure those jedi wanna bees into a trap.

gmjabreson
18 August 2006, 01:47 AM
The only people that would know who was in the "assassination attempt" would be Vader and Palpy. Yoda and Obiwan would have felt him passing, but it isn't shown. You see Yoda react to the multitude of Master's Deaths, but not Mace's alone or any of the others that died trying to stop Palpatine.
Unless all of them dying hits Yoda at once. Then that brings in the question of would he have been able to detect who it was, with so many voices "screaming in fear and suddenly silenced"?

Ravnor
13 September 2006, 09:28 AM
I can see it now:
Palpatine is sitting at his desk when the window behind him explodes
Mace: we're not finished!
Palpatine: But I killed you!
Mace: yeah, you also cloned me dumbass, and gave orders to mek me more powerful.
Palpatine: 'gulp'
B) :D B) :D B) :D B)

VOID
14 September 2006, 12:41 AM
Cloned Jedi running amok would also serve to support the Emperors "The Jedi are evil and our enemies" doctrine. The clones wouldn't have to be smart, or worthy fighters. Just some maniacs with lightsabers, killing off innocent people until beeing put down by heroic Stormtroopers.

Even such a primitive sheme might lure some real Jedi from hiding. After all, they would not know independently and immediatly and might try to save their old friends who apparently fell to the dark side.

Kalechaoslord
14 September 2006, 07:08 AM
VOID thats a nasty thought, but would fit well. The brilliance of it is all yiu need is a saber and a nutter, as not all jedi would know all the others, and a mad jedi master clone would cirtainly get the public on his side.

It would also be a good stalking horse for finding jedi, yes they may try to turn them back to the light, but also any imerial force users may get a read on them as they respond involentarily.

As for Mace living, im afraid i dont think so. And palpitine probabky would hesistate to clone masters, as they might do the possetion thing he does to clones, and they last thing he needs is Mace Windu doing what Ravnor suggests. He was har enough to beat the first time.javascript:smilie(':sabersml:')
Lightsaber Smiley

hisham
14 September 2006, 07:29 AM
Haven't you guys heard?

Mace Windu's hand will be a major character in the upcoming Star Wars TV series, a la "Thing" from Addams Family.

I keed. I keed.

cylas
14 September 2006, 10:03 AM
Call it Mace Thingdu? :raised:

I think that Mace survived. He's got a +15 in Move Object by the time he battled Palpy, so it would be merely a flick of his Pulp Fictiony wrist to save himself, right? Mace w/o one hand vs. Maace would be an interesting showdown, though.

wolverine
16 September 2006, 11:07 PM
ROFLMAO!!

gmjabreson
11 October 2006, 08:03 AM
yeah that would be interesting to see. I could also see him making his way back to the temple in time, sensing that there would be an attack on the Temple, take a Fighter with his apprentice (if he had one) and leaving. He wouldn't want many of the students (or the younglings) to see a Jedi Master messed up from a fight. It would shatter their images of invincibility.
So if he did survive, he wouldn't want medical treatment on Coruscant, he would find a way to get off of there as fast as possible, get a cybernetic hand and then get back into the fight. And it would be an interesting battle to see Mace vs. Maace.

schnarre
29 October 2006, 06:05 PM
VOID's got a good idea there!