PDA

View Full Version : Something I saw on Cinemax

Keaton
6 August 2006, 09:14 PM
I just saw an advert on Cinemax for RotS. Now I know it has been playing on HBO so it is only natural that it would get moved to Cinemax sooner or later. What I am wondering about is the "Movie Event of the Year" that is happening in November. Is this just a teaser for the original movies which are being released around that time (originals, not SE) or have I missed something and that other film that GL said he was thinking about making has gotten made? Now that would be a shocker. Speculations? :D

IzVenjari
16 August 2006, 07:00 PM
Probably just a teaser for the originals - unfortunately :rolleyes:

Treefrog
3 September 2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Keaton
I just saw an advert on Cinemax for RotS. Now I know it has been playing on HBO so it is only natural that it would get moved to Cinemax sooner or later. What I am wondering about is the "Movie Event of the Year" that is happening in November. Is this just a teaser for the original movies which are being released around that time (originals, not SE) or have I missed something and that other film that GL said he was thinking about making has gotten made? Now that would be a shocker. Speculations? :D

Problem with that logic is that the OTDVDs will be released in 9 days, and typically it takes at least 6 months from the release date of DVDs till the time it gets on the premium movie channels.

Keaton
3 September 2006, 06:33 PM
When I said that about the originals being released I was referring to the DVD's not a premiere on Cinemax. What I was trying to get at was if GL had slipped something under the radar. I didn't realize the originals were being released in September, which brings me back to the original question.......what is the movie event of the year in which order will be restored?

Maur
3 September 2006, 09:10 PM
And since the originals are now the last version to be released, then I guess they should retake their place at the top of the Canon food chain.

Darth_Xanthor
18 September 2006, 11:45 AM
technically, the special editions are still top of the list, the re-release of the original is only as bonus material.....so they no longer count

Treefrog
19 September 2006, 02:24 PM
I just recently saw the commercial in question, and because it opens with Luke going to look at the setting twin suns of Tatooine before he discovers that R2-D2 has disappeared, and then scenes of Episode III, plus others, I'm betting that they'll be having a marathon of all 6 episodes...

Darth_Xanthor
20 September 2006, 07:12 AM
My friends and i, having a weekend with no life, decided to geek out.

We watched all 6 movies, and all of the clones wars, back to back in chronological order (not relase order)

It was fun....and ,,,,well fun works

Keaton
20 September 2006, 10:56 AM
I have done that several times. I just get into the mood to watch the whole series and start like you guys did in chronological order. It puts a nice pace to my mood right before a game.

IzVenjari
20 September 2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Xanthor
My friends and i, having a weekend with no life, decided to geek out.
We watched all 6 movies, and all of the clones wars, back to back in chronological order (not relase order)Hmmm - maybe that explains the zombies in the BioHazard RP thread - they watched all of that in one go...:D :D

I agree with Treefrog tho, they are probably going to run all 6 episodes in a marathon - tho it would be a nice touch if they threw the clone wars cartoons in there..

Darth_Xanthor
21 September 2006, 05:43 AM
The only porblem is that with those movies, the lac of sleep, the included boose (normally with atleast 1 person mixing them with prescription meds lol ) normally ends up with one thing.

Everybody grabbing our lightsaber toys and beating on one and another.

<< wipes tear away from eye >>

good times, good times.

Ravnor
29 September 2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by IzVenjari
Hmmm - maybe that explains the zombies in the BioHazard RP thread - they watched all of that in one go...:D :D

(enters Lord Flashheart style, through the roof with explosives)

I heard that!
I might be late, but I still heard it! :D :rolleyes:

Darth_Xanthor
30 September 2006, 01:02 PM
welcome to the rest of the class ravnor

gmjabreson
30 September 2006, 06:02 PM
that's ok, I once watched Star Wars (All 6 DVD's), then followed with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, followed by the Rambo Trilogy. Next day started bright and early and watched the Original Series of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. Now planning on getting both DVD series of the New Battlestar Galactica and veg out with those.

Darth_Xanthor
30 September 2006, 08:05 PM
dude

thatwould take 27 hours for the first days...and that withoutbreaks...peeing...or anything

Ravnor
1 October 2006, 12:26 AM
I think the longest I've gone on a movie-watching-spree was when I watched the uncut Lord of the rings trilogy, followed by the SW episodes 3,4,5,6, then the first Matrix, then Final Fantasy Advent Childeren.

that's eleven or so hours.

It was mental. 8o :P :rolleyes: :D

has anyone else done things like this?

gmjabreson
1 October 2006, 01:48 PM
yeah, it was, its also called having a 24 hour duty day on a weekend and needing something to keep you awake on it.

Though some sergeants are cool and do a rotating sleep on it, mine wasn't one but did ok a small tv and dvd player since the top weren't gonna be around.

They tell ya its a 24 hour duty, but they lie to ya. Cause you are up longer than 24 hours for that duty.

Wedge in Red2
3 October 2006, 01:42 PM
Um, I think we're straying a little off topic here. The discussion was on what this supposed "Movie event of the year" was that Keaton saw at Cinemax.

Originally posted by Ravnor
I think the longest I've gone on a movie-watching-spree was when I watched the uncut Lord of the rings trilogy, followed by the SW episodes 3,4,5,6, then the first Matrix, then Final Fantasy Advent Childeren.

that's eleven or so hours.

Huh? How does that work? The entire uncut Lord of the Rings trilogy on its own is over 11 hours. How can you watch that, PLUS 4 SW movies, plus two other flicks in 11 hours? Were you watching them all in Fast Forward at x20 speed?

Jon

Ravnor
3 October 2006, 02:11 PM
In retrospect I havn't the slightest damn idea how I came up witht that, I think I meant to say somthing like it ended at 11PM the next day, I don't know, I was half asleep whne I sent that post.

stoic_75
11 October 2006, 05:06 PM
I just checked the channel and...Yowza! We must be in a different time zone.

gmjabreson
12 October 2006, 04:07 PM
ok, this just in, A new commercial on Cinemax, and it is the Entire Series 1-6 in a Movie Marathon, thus being the "Movie Event of the Year".

Keaton
12 October 2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah, just saw that. Kind of killed the whole excitement thing for me. I can watch all 6 anytime I want. Why wait for Cinemax. :(

gmjabreson
12 October 2006, 06:13 PM
lol, I can watch more than that, since I have all six on DVD, plus the Ewok movies on DVD too. So I haven't had to bother with Cinemax for that either.

Keaton
12 October 2006, 06:22 PM
Will call that and raise the clone wars series. LOL :D I forgot about the Ewok movies......have two copies of them for some odd reason. lol

gmjabreson
12 October 2006, 06:26 PM
those are good movies for kids, my niece loves them. But she's more of a Yoda fan, or as she calls him, "the little green guy."

gmjabreson
16 October 2006, 07:02 AM
This hot off the press, well its not really hot and the newspaper didn't report it, lol. The Movie event of the year, all 6 Star Wars Films back to back, will be on November 10th. So die hard fans, and everyone else, clear your calendars for it. lol.