PDA

View Full Version : Fav WING

Darth_Xanthor
28 August 2006, 10:48 AM
Since my TIE went over so well...lets try the WINGS

What is your fav wing? (hope i didn't forget any)

gmjabreson
28 August 2006, 04:20 PM
Had to go with the only fighter craft that has two death star kills to its credit, the ever versatile X-Wings. X-wings proved themselves time and time again against insurmountable odds and brought back their pilots alive.
Though it was definately a tough choice to make on the issue.

wolverine
28 August 2006, 10:50 PM
I vote to go with my own ship, the Iwing!!:D :D

Darth_Xanthor
29 August 2006, 06:47 AM
that's not a wing....just a spab of spce junk floating through space......LMAO

Fingon
29 August 2006, 08:14 PM
X-Wing, closely follow by the B-Wing. Mostly becuase I played the X-wing v Tie Figher game, and those two were the best.

Sithspawn
31 August 2006, 05:35 AM
I voted X-Wing.

The X-Wing is surely the most iconic Starfigher in Star Wars. Luke flies one, Wedge flies one. I love the grittyness of the Y-Wing, the sleekness of the A-Wing and oddness of the B-Wing. The EU Wings don't interestme at all.
So for all round goodness, X-Wing :xwing:

zappo inc
31 August 2006, 11:29 AM
X-wings rule, hands down. A's have speed, B's have punch, Y's have sturdiness, but X's have all of the above.
Plus two Death Star kills.
Yay X-wings!

Emperor Xanderich II
31 August 2006, 02:42 PM
X-wing for me. They just look so darn good! I love the way the wings close up when they come into land.

Can't beat 'em!

gmjabreson
31 August 2006, 05:15 PM
what else could be said about fighter durability except this...an X-wing is sunk in a swamp, levitated out and somewhat cleaned out and then is spaceworthy?! Don't see any of the others doing that.
which brings up a good question for somewhere else, how did he get that X-wing clean............

Crymoon
31 August 2006, 05:28 PM
X-wing for me too.. Well make it two...

It's versatile, it's got shields.. :)
It's got the speed and the muscles and a nifty R2 brain..

Darth_Xanthor
1 September 2006, 05:08 PM
Imore or less figure, when i built this thread, that the fav would be the X-wing. I the words of the Rogue Squadron game

"This is theship that shot down the Death Star."

Ravnor
1 September 2006, 05:11 PM
B-wing, purely because of it's ability to single handedly bring down Star Destroyers (Rouge Squadron 2).

Darth_Xanthor
2 September 2006, 06:15 AM
well if you think about it, a bwing is basically a crap load of gun ducktapped to an engine and a pilot. LOL

Slave_1
21 September 2006, 10:47 PM
well if you think about it, a bwing is basically a crap load of gun ducktapped to an engine and a pilot. LOL

True, and that's why I voted for it :D

Darth_Xanthor
22 September 2006, 08:07 AM
Yet on the flippside, an Arwing is just a pilot ducktapped to an Hyperdrive engin

zappo inc
26 September 2006, 12:05 PM
Good thing the rebel alliance has got a lotta duct tape!!

So it wasn't heroics, it wasn't the Force; the Empire was defeated with the aid of the handyman's secret weapon: duct tape!

Amazing!

gmjabreson
26 September 2006, 12:08 PM
one of the handyman's two cure all tools. Duct Tape and Super Glue. Got to love it.

Darth_Xanthor
27 September 2006, 08:30 AM
How is duck tape like the force?

It has a light side, a dark side, and it hold the universe together.

Grimace
27 September 2006, 09:55 AM
Let's stay on the topic please. Duct tape is certainly NOT the topic.

zappo inc
27 September 2006, 11:27 AM
...no matter how much of it holds yer fav wing together...

Darth_Xanthor
29 September 2006, 07:50 AM
Aww....but anywho...I really do love A-Wings (I voted Y though). The A-Wing suicide run has been used to bring down more then one capital ship, be it Verger and the Vong...or just an A-wing and the Excecutor....(i'f i remeber correctly)

zappo inc
29 September 2006, 12:40 PM
Yes, it was an A that gloriously slew the mighty Executor - the classic doomed-fighter-kamikaze run.
Must say, I'm glad to see you voted Y, a sturdy, reliant ship; but, if i may ask: why Y?
(couldn't resist, sorry);)

Arjuna
29 September 2006, 08:33 PM
I went with the A-Wing. I love all of the 'wing' starfighters from the movies. Not much into the E,V or K wings.

I think I am just partial to the A-Wing because that was the starfighter my first pilot character flew.

Rogue Trader
29 September 2006, 08:51 PM
I chose OTHER:- Z-wings. I love the Uglies. B)

Darth_Xanthor
30 September 2006, 12:52 PM
I always found Y to be kewler. They looked and acted like old ships that only the rebellion could afford. They looked old and beat up, they wern't all 'super strong' like the x-wing, 'super powerful' like the B's. They were the reliable Y-Wing bombers that did a massive amount of damge when they hit.

Call me old fashion....but I liked the Y's

as for the A-wing/pilot/character.....I am still partial to my first character aswell. He's my fav, and I am actually playing his child in Bio-Hazard.

zappo inc
5 October 2006, 10:51 AM
yes, Y wings simply scream outlaw tech rebel fighter. They really represent the rugged, unflinching Rebel Alliance, in all its grubby glory.:)

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
18 October 2006, 04:12 PM
Hands down the X-Wing is almighty, and second to none in the Alliance for it's sheer versatility