PDA

View Full Version : The Empire and Toydaria

Ronin
1 September 2006, 07:48 AM
Wookiepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Toydaria) notes that Toydaria was subjugated by the Empire (lead by Vader himself apparently) but I can't find a reference or any other information about it...
it seems strange that the Empire would bother since Toydaria isn't that valuable, and most galactic governments, including the Empire, don't usually bother with systems in Hutt Space.
I couldn't even find any note about it in the Timeline Gold.

Can anyone add anything?

(I'm not even sure if this should technically be in the RotE era, but with the mention of Vader, I decided to go with Rebellion era)

Rogue Trader
1 September 2006, 06:09 PM
Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure.

UAA doesn't mention anything specifically about Imperial control of Toydaria. In fact, it specifically says that "Toydaria remained nearly untouched by Imperial rule."

The "nearly" bit could suggest that the Empire maintained an outpost/garrison on the world for a time... perhaps to oversee a small mining operation for minerals in the swamp lands of the planet. The Hutts themselves, however, may have made overall Imperial control difficult at best.

Darth_Cassed
2 September 2006, 02:22 AM
I might be able to see the recruitment of Toydarians for commercial purposes (secretly of course). They really are the Ferengi of the universe. They could also be used in an anti-Jedi role, as it were.

hisham
2 September 2006, 03:29 AM
Well, it's a wiki. However useful a whole bunch of information it has in its article, you're bound to find weird stuff on it with no source cited.

For example when I was adding creatures from the Planets of the Galaxy into List of Star Wars Creatures on Wikipedia (not Wookiepedia), I found lots of creatures listed as one-liners with no source cited. Only when I googled for their names I discovered they were bit creatures found only in Star Wars Galaxies.