PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bounty Hunters Day!

Stratos
22 September 2006, 06:53 AM
Star Wars Bounty Hunters (Collectible Miniatures Game) releases today! Yay!

Wanted: Alive!

Take your quarry alive with the greatest collection of fearless and inventive bounty hunters (and other scum and villainy) from across all eras of the Star Wars saga. These lawless characters -- including new Huge figures -- add another dimension to your battle for the galaxy.

Booster Pack components:
Seven randomized miniatures with statistics cards, including one huge figure. Very rare, rare, common, and uncommon miniatures.

Product line features:
There are 60 unique miniatures in the Bounty Hunters set. Miniatures are pre-painted plastic. All miniatures packages are randomized and made up of figures of varying rarity. Miniatures can be used to play skirmish-level or mass-battle combat scenarios or to add dimension to Star Wars roleplaying games.

Release Date: September, 2006
SKU: 953660000
ISBN: 0-7869-4094-8

NOTE: I don't work for WoTC - I'm just excited about this new release!

Bryan K. Borgman (aka Stratos), Composer/Producer/Remixer

Donovan Morningfire
23 September 2006, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on picking up some boosters when I get out of work today.

Sadly, due to distributor issues CoolStuffInc won't be able to ship the completed sets to those who ordered them (like me) until the middle of October.

I guess if nothing else, picking up some individual boosters will give me a nice collection of Commons and Uncommons.

kaeroth
24 September 2006, 10:42 AM
This is *mostly* on topic (as it deals with the Bounty Hunters Minis), and not important enough to warrant its own thread:
Does anyone think the Bith Black Sun Vigo (sneak peek on WotC site) mini looks, like, totally Matrix-ed out? I'm not criticizing; I think the mini looks really cool, I just think the contrast between super-cool movie action pose and (IMO) sort of goobery Bith head is funny.

Donovan Morningfire
24 September 2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by kaeroth
This is *mostly* on topic (as it deals with the Bounty Hunters Minis), and not important enough to warrant its own thread:
Does anyone think the Bith Black Sun Vigo (sneak peek on WotC site) mini looks, like, totally Matrix-ed out? I'm not criticizing; I think the mini looks really cool, I just think the contrast between super-cool movie action pose and (IMO) sort of goobery Bith head is funny.
When I say the figure, I laughed at the thought of the flavor text having a quote along the lines of "Whoa... I know gun-fu."

Stratos
25 September 2006, 04:54 AM
It may not be "movie cannon" SW but I love the mini. It's a beautiful sculpt and great paint job!

Sithspawn
26 September 2006, 10:11 AM
Just ordered the final minis I need to complete the set, Jango Fett is obviously the chase figure :jango:

I do think that WOTC is getting better with sculpts and paintwork on their minis, although I did have a few bent minis I had to fix in this set.

Glad they're covering KOTOR too.

But there is still someone missing... :gungan:

Stratos
26 September 2006, 11:36 AM
Wow! Done already?! Impressive... most impressive.

I just got my case from Buy.com and was disappointed in the over-all pull (that happens). Also disappointed in the paint on Bib Fortuna (Rare). Oh well. Trades and eBay... here I come!

Donovan Morningfire
27 September 2006, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by baileyrecords
Wow! Done already?! Impressive... most impressive.
Well, that depends on how many cases Sithspawn bought. I managed to complete Champions of the Force right out the gate by purchasing three cases.

Nothing too impressive in the boosters I bought, but since I have the full set on order, I'm not too worried.