PDA

View Full Version : Stats Sale

Deck
2 October 2006, 10:52 AM
Hello dear fellows!

This is just a quick information that the current "Stats in Stock Section" where homebrew stats are being offered, will probably not be transfered to the new layouted site. The section will most likely be abandonned.

I am really sorry for all the people who contributed stats over the years. If you agree, I will donate your fabulous submissions to the "SWRPGNetwork Submissions Site", so they will be on a more popular platform even. I am ashamed that your great stats were on a dead-end site for too long.

I will try my very best,

yours High Admiral Deck.

boccelounge
2 October 2006, 11:17 AM
I'm not a contributor, but rather a "consumer" of those stats, and I respectfully request you preserve them somewhere. They've been very useful to me over the years-- thanks for all your work making them available.

(This is an odd coincidence... I haven't used your stuff in 8 months or so, and just dug up some of your ship stats THIS MORNING... weird... )

Deck
2 October 2006, 11:52 AM
Hello again!

I feel flattered, thank you. May I ask which stats you just found this morning? I am curious. This is no coincidence. It's the Force. The Force. ;)

Cheers,

~ HiAd Chris

boccelounge
2 October 2006, 01:23 PM
It was the "Corellian WUD-500 Star Yacht" and the "Rebel Alliance Fleet Procurement Vessel" stats, in d20 format. I'd originally obtained them from your site in July 2005, according to my Excel file's info... and this morning I opened them up, to reference a new home-brew ship I'm writing stats for. And lo, the Force brings this new thread to my attention. ;)

Deck
3 October 2006, 02:21 PM
Ello dear fellows!

Okay, the plan didn't work out. :o I got several concerned mails/comments about giving up the section, so I will have to think of something different...

Cheers,

HiAd

gmjabreson
11 October 2006, 07:54 AM
glad to hear it, lol. Though I was not one of those that emailed ya about it. Like the site and have it as one of my favorites. Which Says alot since only 3 sites star wars related are there. The HOLONET (of course, I'm not stupid), yours and the Wizards boards.

Uron Teff
10 March 2007, 01:07 PM
Well, I just wanted to check in and ask how everything is working out so far, Deck. It's been a while since a word has been posted in this thread, and I am just curious about that little site update of yours. :)

Uron Teff
5 June 2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Deck, I just wanted to ask if you will convert the existing stats to the new Saga rules?

Cheers, anyways. :)

Deck
7 June 2007, 07:27 AM
Converting to the SAGA rule stats? Now what are these? :?

Aha, okay, there is apparently yet another redesign of the d20 system. After I had so much work and trouble converting my stuff to the now old d20 system. Master Mordy is even the author of this! Congratulations! :D With Mighty Mordy being one of the designers, I have no doubt, that the system is well thought out this time, with such an experienced person like Moridin.

But... I am far from understanding this system. Not even completely understand the current d20 system I do. I highly respect Moridin, he put gret effort in the project, but this simply is <i>not my</i> world. I am sure Moridin will understand that.

As a result, I will not convert all the stats yet again. Instead I will simply remove the current d20 stats with the new layout I am currently designing. Back to D6. Which <i>is my</i> world. I hope you and all others understand my situation, but I cannot afford the time to convert all stuff every couple of years again.

Although I will not support the new system, I hope I am allowed to stay here with my old D6 system thinking, a system I fully understand and that still works today for me.

Best regards,

~ yours sincerely HiAd

BRodgers
7 June 2007, 10:52 AM
Back to D6. Which <i>is my</i> world. I hope you and all others understand my situation, but I cannot afford the time to convert all stuff every couple of years again.

[/B]

Hello HiAd Chris!

I totally understand your situation and agree with it completely.

I admire that you tried to convert your existing D6 stats to D20 in the first place. It's never something I really considered doing for my site for various reasons, not the least of which is, as you stated, it wasn't "my world."

The truth is, that as long as the SWRPG continues to evolve and change, be it in rules, format or whatever, those of us running community sites that attempt to provide conversions will always be trying to play "catch up" with whatever the current system is. To me, I would rather spend time creating more material, artwork, fiction and other valuable material than try to convert 100+ pages of stats in my spare time. We offer up D6 stats, and I'm sure the D20 folks donít mind converting stuff to use in their own game (heck, most would probably wind up tweakig it anyways before it saw use).

You do a great job of running a site that is a benefit to, and cornerstone of, the community. Any decisions you make will be fully supported, just keep up the great job!!!!!!!!!

:D

Deck
7 June 2007, 12:11 PM
Dear Baron Bob,

thank you very much for the encouragement and the support. It gives me the feeling what I am doing is the right thing. :) Most of the site has been converted to my new layout, only 3 sub section (including the huge starships section) need to be overhauled, and I can FINALLY re-launch this week-end.

Thanks again & bes wishes,

HiAd Chris

BRodgers
7 June 2007, 12:16 PM
My pleasure entirely HiAd Chris!

I look forward to the re-launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)