PDA

View Full Version : What's your army?

Stratos
8 October 2006, 04:33 PM
So, who has some sample armies they like to play regularly? At what point level do you play?

My regular gaming buddy and I now play at 250 points per army because it adds a higher level of strategy plus a lot of options for commander effects and combining fire, etc.

Currently I'm plying a Black Sun army. I also have a regular Vong army that is practically invincible (falling only once to RS Fett aided with Jabba and other bounty hunters). I also just made up a Mandalore army I will try next (after our current trails with the Black Sun vs. Empire). I still don't own either new Fett from Bounty Hunters so I may shelve the Mandalore Army longer until I get at least Jango (I can play RS Boba for now but not CS Jango).

KiburBlastblade
27 October 2006, 07:00 AM
I've been working on imperials. I have an AT-AT, a few walkers, and about 50 stormies. I have almost every vader, but I've been out of collecting for a little while due to the military.

Stratos
27 October 2006, 07:36 AM
My 250-point Black Sun Army

Squad 01:
Universe #25 Prince Xizor - 40 points
Universe #19 Guri - 25 points

Squad 02:
Universe #28 Rodian Black Sun Vigo - 24 points
BH #45 Quarren Bounty Hunter - 11 points
BH #35 Human Blaster-For-Hire - 5 points
CotF #59 Ugnaught Demolitionist - 3 points

Squad 03:
BH #18 - Bith Black Sun Vigo - Black Sun - 20 points
BH #15 - Aqualish Assassin - Black Sun - 7 points

Squad 04:
Universe #28 - Rodian Black Sun Vigo - 24 points
BH #38 - Klatooinian Hunter - Black Sun - 11 points
BH #45 - Quarren Bounty Hunter - Black Sun - 11 points
BH #35 - Human Blaster-For-Hire - Black Sun - 5 points

Squad 05:
BH #18 - Bith Black Sun Vigo - 20 points
Universe #12 - Abyssin Black Sun Thug - 8 points

Dark Hellion Squad
BH #26 - Dark Hellion Marauder on Swoop Bike - 10 points
BH #27 - Dark Hellion Swoop Gang Member - 5 points
BH #27 - Dark Hellion Swoop Gang Member - 5 points

Potential Fringe 20 Reserves:
BH #30 - Djas Puhr - Black Sun Reservist #1 - 19 points
and/or
RS #56 - Bossk - Black Sun Reservist #2 - 17 points
CotF #59 - Ugnaught Demolitionist - Black Sun Reservist #2 - 3 points

I played this army once and they held their own until the very end - dying to Imperials. I now have some strategy learned from the first game and will play this same army again on Monday the 30th in a Best of 3 campaign.

PsychoInfiltrator
27 October 2006, 08:26 PM
Universe #28 Rodian Black Sun Vigo - 24 points

Universe #28 - Rodian Black Sun Vigo - 44 points

I beleive that we have a typo...

Anyway, not owning many miniatures, I do nto have any armies that I play, only theoretical squads created using the Minis Manager (a guy can dream, after all.) Maybe I shoudl post one or two of my faves of those?

Stratos
28 October 2006, 07:03 AM
Corrected to 24 points. Thanks. I was typing it up with my 6 mo old on my lap so we were having issues. :)

Stratos
31 October 2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Stratos
My 250-point Black Sun Army

I played this army once and they held their own until the very end - dying to Imperials. I now have some strategy learned from the first game and will play this same army again on Monday the 30th in a Best of 3 campaign.

Well it came down to two Rodian Vigos and an Abyssan Thug versus Lord Vader and we got our alien hides handed to us. Very fun game. Learned even more about my army and that of my opponent's. One more outing with the Black Sun before we move on to a different set of 250-point armies.

Sithspawn
1 November 2006, 05:40 AM
My favourites are probably Seperatists. Destroyers with Grievous SC, BDO. And I love Maul.

We normally play 150 or 200 point armies.
100 points is nothing any more, but I feel that with Mas Amedda 250 pt + makes commanders way more powerful than they should be and unbalances the game.

The best squad IMHO is still Black & Blue. Thrawn, Lord Vader, Mas Amedda, Stormtroopers.

I do like Boba Fett Bounty Hunter, and think that he is individually the best charcater in the game. But that can also spoil things.

So more recently I've been trying out more 'Odd Squads' and using the under-dogs making fun squads. Although it doesn't help when my opponent plays Blue & Black or Boba BH :raised:

One of the fun things about the way we play though is randomising our Faction and point cost. That way we can never plan in advance.

Ris
1 November 2006, 03:29 PM
Bail Organa (29)
Polis Massa Medic (9)
5 Aldaraan Troopers @ 9 ea. (45)
Ishi Tib Scout (14)

I've done pretty well with these. The Aldaraan Troopers' and Bail's Synchronize ability grants +6 each (vs. +4) on Combined Fire. Added to Bail's commander effect (+10 damage for Aldaraan Troopers combining fine with no range limit), plus the Ishi Tib's Double Attack & this squad can deal out a good bit.
The Ishi Tib Evade ability and a medic are also very good on the defense side, since they cut down the amount of damage taken.

A variant is to use Capt. Antilles (20) in place of Bail, with an extra Aldaraan Trooper or 1 or 2 other character(s) of similar cost. While not as powerful as a Bail-led army, it does have similar advantages, especially when your opponent has many fringers. For a higher point game, you could even add Capt. Antilles (plus other characters) to the above army. (I haven't tried that however, so don't know how it would work)

cheshire
24 November 2006, 09:32 AM
My best squad:

Ewok (33)

:)

Stratos
2 December 2006, 05:34 AM
This coming Monday I'll be playing my Black Sun army for the last time (3 of 3) before switching to a 250-point Mandalorian Army. Once my "Fett Army" is constructed I'll post the members here.