PDA

View Full Version : What is Raptor Squad?

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
9 October 2006, 05:11 PM
I do not know. Can you please explain?

BRodgers
9 October 2006, 06:27 PM
Absolutely!

The name "Raptor Squad" actually stands for several things.

First, in regards to the SWRPG, it's the name of a special operations team that works for the New Republic during a 15-20 year span following the destruction of the first Death Star. Like any team, there is a core group of heroes, who live, love and die in the course of their service to the New Republic.

Second, it is the name given to a group of roleplayers/friends that live in the United States in the Midwest region that have been gaming since 1999. We enjoy tabletop gaming and run a game about once per month. The game involving the Raptor Squad characters ended last year, but we still game once per month, enjoying a new Star Wars/Shadowrun hybrid campaign set in the Corporate Sector called "Boiling Point". Once per year the gaming group dusts off their Raptor Squad characters and we have a stand alone Raptor Squad adventure.

Finally, Rapator Squad is the name of the website dedicated to the Raptor Squad campaign, it's story and all of it's components. It is enjoying its 5th year of being on the web, and has grown considerably since its inception back in March of 2001. Utilizing the West End Games D6 gaming system, it is loaded with stats, images and fiction, almost all of it homebrewed and original.

Updates do not come as frequently as they used to, but this is primarily due to a decrease in time, not interest, as I am not only the webmaster of the site but a GM now and much of my time is occupied by creating content for my players and the Boiling Point campaign I am currently running. However, in the future you can expect a Boiling Point site that will be tied in with the Raptor Squad site.

If you would like to check out our site, I'm confident you will find something you can use in your campaign. If not a stat, then certainly an idea, original write up or at least a piece of artwork. And if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to post them here and I will be happy to answer them.

The website is:

WWW.Raptorsquad.Net

Enjoy the Adventure!

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
10 October 2006, 04:01 AM
Thank you very much. :)