PDA

View Full Version : Conversion

Omnipotent
22 October 2006, 04:34 AM
How would one go about converting RPG stats to miniature stats? I tho0ught I had heard something about a conversion process a while back...

kaeroth
22 October 2006, 03:44 PM
I have heard of this being done, but not on this site. I have heard that there was a thread on the WotC boards where several poeple had (and here is where I would put quote marks if I had quotes to quote, but alas it's just memory) come pretty close to figuring out the formula for converting from rpg to mini. I think I heard that there were some problems with balancing some of the rarer Unique characters, but that sort of makes sense, anyway.
So. There is help that in no way actually helps you; it just sends you somewhere else to ask the questions or run a Search. Sorry.

Stratos
27 October 2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Omnipotent
How would one go about converting RPG stats to miniature stats? I tho0ught I had heard something about a conversion process a while back...

d20 RCR? d6? wait for d20 Saga?

I too could use some help with converting existing d20 RCR stats for Sha'ala Doneeta (my main character) to miniatures stats.

Mr. Vader
10 July 2007, 01:04 PM
Ive got a lot of questions about this topic. Hopefully someone can help me out. First and foremost...

Has anyone converted their RPG hero into a miniatures character and then battled in a skirmish with it?? I know the miniatures DEVS might cringe at the thought, but could you imagine?? Id love to see how my PC would fare in a skirmish along side my miniatures buddies...

Sithspawn
11 July 2007, 12:33 AM
RPG to Minis doesn't work exactly. Some skills & Defenses in the RPG are way too high for the Minis game.

The best advice is to do what I do, stat your charcater as a mini how you think he should be stated in comparison to the other minis. Give your charcater a few choice Special Abilities and then try and cost accordingly.

Remember that SWM tend to represent a certain aspect of a character. Hence Luke & Han don't have the Pilot ability, and Jedi only have a couple of Force powers.

Be creative.
Personally I tend to stick to official abilities. This way there when we do occasionally use our own characters there is no argument on how a power works.