PDA

View Full Version : Pure? Or with Fringe reinforcements?

Stratos
11 November 2006, 04:48 AM
When you make an army... do you tend to make it 100% pure faction or do you tend to include Fringe too?

I tend to include Fringe.

Donovan Morningfire
12 November 2006, 06:06 AM
Depends on the theme I'm going with.

The majority of my Republic squads are going to be 100% Republic, focusing heavily on Clones with one or two Jedi as "officers."

My Empire squads are 100% Empire, as they don't need that scum to wipe out their enemies.

For the Rebels, I tend to mix in a little Fringe here and there, depending on what sort of squad I'm putting together.

New Republic needs all the extra help it can get, since most of its army list are Uniques, so a lot of Fringe gets added in.

I've only gotten to play Mandalorians once, and threw the new Boba Fett for extra firepower, but other than that I probably won't use much Fringe unless playing a very high point value game.

Sithspawn
14 November 2006, 08:39 AM
I usually include some Fringe, even if it's just an Ugnaught or two for activations & blowing up doors.

With the release of Bounty Hunters there are plenty of good Fringe pieces now, and I don't just mean Boba.

Ris
15 November 2006, 01:49 AM
Like Donovan, it depends on what kind of army I am building. Also, how many of a particular faction I have available. Up until recently, I had very few Old Republic or Sith figures, so like the New Republic, would have had to augment any armies with Fringe. Or, pay the additional cost to include characters from other factions. I have considered adding Imperials to NR as any interesting "Theme" army, for example.

cheshire
15 November 2006, 07:33 AM
I know this is probably going to make me very unpopular, but my wife and I pretty much completely ignore factions. It started that way more or less out of necessity because we only had one or two booster packs. But then we just sort of liked the variety better anyway.

The times that I have done a faction squad I did a Separtist squad with some fringe reinforcements. When you have Grevious and battle droids in an army it helps to have a couple of those R5 units running around.

Moridin
18 November 2006, 07:53 PM
Actually, usually I feel like I'm adding in non-Fringe to my Fringe army.

Lately, I've been running an army that consists of a Rodian Black Sun Vigo, a Bith Black Sun Vigo, two Abyssin Black Sun Thugs, and a Jedi Guardian and a Jedi Consular. For my "reinforcements" brought in by the Rodian Black Sun Vigo, I keep a second Bith Black Sun Vigo on hand (he's exactly the right number of points).

Stratos
19 November 2006, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Moridin
Lately, I've been running an army that consists of a Rodian Black Sun Vigo, a Bith Black Sun Vigo, two Abyssin Black Sun Thugs, and a Jedi Guardian and a Jedi Consular. For my "reinforcements" brought in by the Rodian Black Sun Vigo, I keep a second Bith Black Sun Vigo on hand (he's exactly the right number of points). [/B]

Wow! So you run Jedi with Black Sun? I haven't done that. I tend to play "in-verse" so I don't see Jedi teaming up with the galaxy's most reknown criminal organization... unless it's Quinlan and/or Aayla Secura and I'm pretending it's an undercover op.

Very cool though!