PDA

View Full Version : Origins of the Imperial Knights

Darth Iurus
26 November 2006, 09:05 PM
Anyone have any ideas from whence the Imperial Knights came? The most realistic scenario to me seems to be that either Tekli, Tahiri (the two Knights remaining in the Unknown Regions) or Jaina (being Fel's ex) trained a Chiss to use the Force, while still being a part of the Ascendancy and all of the traditions that entails. This sounds like an almost impossible task, and it is almost certain that the Fel family played an important role in this circumstance.

Jedi_Shadow
26 November 2006, 10:10 PM
I don't buy your Chiss theory, to be honest.

It seems like much less of a stress to say that the contention we see among the Jedi during the time of the Galactic Alliance was a factor. Some Jedi, like Corran Horn, felt that since the Alliance funded so much of the New Jedi Order, they owed the government something. Others, like Mara Jade Skywalker, felt that such a strong allegiance would be favoritism, and could interfere with preserving a much more holistic peace.

It makes a lot more sense to me that, over time, that schism widened, and two Force-using organizations emerged. The traditional Jedi Order would continue, focusing on a broader, unbiased stance in the galaxy. But, with the development of a new Empire, an elite cadre of fiercely loyal Imperial Knights is an easy leap to make.

I also believe that the Fel family had a significant role in the formation not only of the Imperial Knights, but of the new Empire itself. Given that the current Emperor is named Roan Fel, it's safe to assume that they have been a prominent family since the Empire's inception.

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
30 November 2006, 02:57 PM
Your theory does sound like a good theory, Jedi_Shadow. I have a thory that might have add on to yours. As most of us know that the only remaining Royal Guard is Kir Kanos, so maybe he could have had a part in the creation whether directly or indirectly since the Royal Guards and Imperial Knights are pretty much the same. But I highly doubt he would have had a part in it at all.

Darth Iurus
30 November 2006, 03:06 PM
It does seem a good theory, and every time I try to write down a discrepancy with the idea it answers itself before I finish the sentance. I still think the Chiss have something to do with it, if nothing more than a role as an advisor to an important commander of them (again, that could be answered by the fact that the Fels seem to be the entire line of Emperors). It seems to me, though, that it couldn't be that simple- if it follows through as you say, there will almost certainly be some violence, possibly when the groups formally split. It's also possible that the "Emperor above Force" mentality might also lead a group to the Dark Side, perhaps swelling the Sith ranks and fomenting the Sith-Imperial Alliance.

Jedi_Shadow
30 November 2006, 03:24 PM
I still think the Chiss have something to do with it, if nothing more than a role as an advisor to an important commander of them (again, that could be answered by the fact that the Fels seem to be the entire line of Emperors).

The Chiss having some advisory role is certainly possible, given the connection to the Fels, and the implied heritage of the new Imperial line However, I fail to see the train of logic that leads to the necessity for a Chiss to be trained in the Force so that an organization like the Imperial Knights, as you seemed to assert in your first post. If there were a high number of Chiss among the ranks of the Imperial Knights, then yes, I would totally agree with you, but so far we've only seen humans. To me, that doesn't point very much to the Chiss as the originators of the group.

It's also possible that the "Emperor above Force" mentality might also lead a group to the Dark Side,

That's certainly possible too, though it doesn't look like it's spread across the group wholesale. While it's clear that an Imperial Knight's allegiance is to a political entity and not the all-encompassing Force, I don't see any indication of darkness in them. They're essentially good, loyal, and forthright individuals, and serve a benevolent master. 'Course, all that can change, which is where the danger lies... ;)

...the only remaining Royal Guard is Kir Kanos, so maybe he could have had a part in the creation whether directly or indirectly since the Royal Guards and Imperial Knights are pretty much the same.

A good point. That delicate balance of serving the greater good while remaining loyal to an organization's goals and tenets is one of the strengths that can be gleaned from Kir Kanos. Either he could be influential in the formation of the Imperial Knights, bringing a strong Royal Guard influence to the organization, or someone who espouses the same moral code could do it.

But I highly doubt he would have had a part in it at all.

Why is that? Do you think he would be opposed to the formation of such a thing, or do you feel he would just refuse to enter the galactic arena again, preferring to fade into oscurity?

Darth Iurus
30 November 2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Shadow
The Chiss having some advisory role is certainly possible, given the connection to the Fels, and the implied heritage of the new Imperial line However, I fail to see the train of logic that leads to the necessity for a Chiss to be trained in the Force so that an organization like the Imperial Knights, as you seemed to assert in your first post. If there were a high number of Chiss among the ranks of the Imperial Knights, then yes, I would totally agree with you, but so far we've only seen humans. To me, that doesn't point very much to the Chiss as the originators of the group.

It's probably a mixture of the amount of discipline they seem to have (mind, I haven't read as many of the comics as I would like, but I plan to remedy that by New Year's) and, I admit, the fact that I want to see the Chiss more involved in the galaxy at large. It's easy to come to a conclusion with an idea like that in my mind; where I a Jedi, I would ask for a second opinion on my future-seeing abilities.

Jedi_Shadow
30 November 2006, 03:58 PM
LOL, fair enough! I share a lot of the same desires to see the Chiss more involved. Their unswerving discipline would be a beneficial influence of strength to the galaxy at large.

And that's part of the beauty of the role playing, I believe. If you can imagine it, you can realize it. Say you really like the idea of a Chiss advisory to the Imperial Knights. Make one! Create a character that acts as liaison between those loyal to the Chiss Ascendancy and those loyal to Emperor Fel. Create missions for this character to accomplish, and have fun with it!

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
10 December 2006, 06:53 PM
Why is that? Do you think he would be opposed to the formation of such a thing, or do you feel he would just refuse to enter the galactic arena again, preferring to fade into oscurity?

Well he was trained to be fiercely loyal to Palpatine not to any other Emperor, unless I have my memory screwed up, that is what I think about it. Though it would be interesting if Kir Kanos did have something to do with it, it would allow people to know more about his character.

Darthspectre84
23 January 2007, 03:00 AM
Not really kept up with the Legacy comics but, after checking Wookieepedia, they make some speculation on who was the person responsible for creating the group.

Jedi_Master_Yelrahc
21 February 2007, 03:58 PM
There might be another way as to how the Imperial Knights were created.

There might be a descendant of Kanos who was force-sensitive and went out to be a Jedi and saw the errors of their ways and decided to follow his or her ascendant's view of the Royal Guards and tried to create a hybrid of the two organization and create one group that had the strengths of the Jedi, and the Guards without their weaknesses