PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Hasbro/WotC

Moridin
29 November 2006, 07:41 AM
Dear Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro,

I am not a criminal, so stop treating me like one. With the release of the Bounty Hunters expansion and the Star Wars Starship Battles Set it has become increasingly clear that you believe that I could not have possibly purchased these two cases of miniatures, and that I must in fact be a shoplifter. For this reason, you've obviously decided to begin sealing your booster boxes with glue created in chemical vats deep within the bowels of Hell itself.

I have yet to be able to open a booster without, literally, shredding the box it came in due to the ridiculously powerful adhesive used to keep it together.

Please stop. I would love to be able to open my booster boxes without turning my hands into twisted claws, mere shadows of their formerly dextrous selves, trying to pry open booster boxes. For that much effort, each box should contain a valuable clue as to the true location of the Ark of the Covenant.

Sincerely,
Rodney Thompson
Typing with a chopstick held in his teeth, hands turned to mush

Stratos
29 November 2006, 08:53 AM
Ah, you might not be a criminal but during my tenure at B&N we had numerous thieves rip-off CS, ROTS, and Universe minis straight off the shelves, out of the boxes, and out the door... and of course WoTC and the distributors refused credit/compensation on this loss as it was out of the their hands (duh - but we had to try to shrink our losses!).

Starcloud
29 November 2006, 10:02 AM
The glue they used to use tended to break down and become non-adhesive if there was any heat above room temperature... like, say, in being shipped in shipping containers and sitting in the sun for a few days while being transported by train.

It did happen that the boxes were very easy to open; a modicum of pressure and pop! out would tumble all the minis. This also made it easy to open the box without any damage at all, take a mini or two, and 'close' the box sufficiently that, if buried in a pile, no one would notice it had been opened until after it sold.

It was so bad that my FLGS was taping all the miniatures boxes, top and bottom, in order to prevent the minis from falling out of the package under their own weight.

So now, the glue is a little... excessive. Overall, though, being certain that I'll get every mini that shipped in that box is worth the aggravation.