PDA

View Full Version : Future Saga Edition books

cheshire
19 January 2007, 08:01 AM
Since it's been announced that Moridin will be designing the SWRPG, we can speculate that there will be more books. So, what books do you think or hope WotC will be putting out?

Personally, I'm hoping for a KotOR sourcebook. I only run D6 games, but I'd still pick that one up.

kaeroth
19 January 2007, 11:45 AM
My suggestion would be almost useless to D6ers, so sorry about that hope. But my hope would be a conversion book. Moridin menitoned somewhere in one of the immense threads about Saga that converting from RCR to SCR rules would be possible,but not quick. WotC could come out with a book about the size of SotG with somewhat detailed rules/guidelines on changing your old RCR characters into shiny new SCR duds. They could also use it as a spot to include material (stats, characters, whatever) that they ran out of room for in the SCR.
From one side, it would make the transition form RCR to SCR easier for us stodgy types that aren't looking forward to figuring out how to make the switch, and from another it (probably) wouldn't be all that labor intensive for the WotC folks to put together and design. Easy for them to make, with a relatively low price tag (I'm thinking @ $12?) making it easy for us to buy, means a win-win situation that could then make it easier for them to decide to take the risk of a more ambitious sourcebook like the KOTOR era.

Magician
19 January 2007, 01:59 PM
A KotOR sourcebook would be nice.

But if resources for the SWRPG are scarce at WotC, I would like to see just one big fat annual every year, covering all the latest developments in the EU. I'd prefer to shell out only once a year anyway, specially since I'm running D6 at present.

gmjabreson
19 January 2007, 03:43 PM
You mean we will finally get that Ultimate Battlestations Book he's been touting about on here?:D Woooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheshire
22 January 2007, 03:24 PM
Well, that has yet to be seen. We know that the book was finished. Now the question is will the powers that be see it as worth the time to re-do the stats in the book, and then release it for the Saga.

Granted, I'm pretty ignorant in the matter, but I think it would be easier to start with most of a book (sans the stats) and modify it and the layout accordingly and then release than it would be to start from scratch on a new book.