PDA

View Full Version : New booster set

cheshire
7 February 2007, 12:06 PM
I just saw this post on another board:

http://www.swminiatures.com/forum/index.php/topic,163.0.html

It looks like they're going to have a classic trilogy booster set. It seems strange, not that they would commemorate the 30 aniversary, but that we will probably get a re-release of major characters, or new releases of characters we never cared about.

Oh well... I guess I'll have to wait and see what it looks like.

Personally, I've quite enjoyed Champions of the Force the most, especially with getting so many different Jedi.

[Edit]:

I did a little digging and it looks like there's going to be a translucent plastic Ghost Obi-Wan, and Han in Stormtrooper armor.

Elvenshae
7 February 2007, 12:18 PM
We've also got confirmed stats for one piece: Luke Skywalker, Champion of the Force.

The set will also include Biggs Darklighter, Ephant Mon, and Wicket!

I'll see if I can find the discussion thread on the WotC forums. :)

EDIT: Oh, additionally, either the Han in Stormtrooper Armor or another Han will have an ability called "Don't Tell Me the Odds." Succinctly, "Enemy modifiers to initiative don't work."

EDIT 2: Here's the new Luke's stats and sculpt: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=761246 Use the Force + Flurry Attack = Fun. :)

cheshire
7 February 2007, 01:24 PM
Very cool sculpt on Luke. The stats on him look quite impressive to say the least. I'm guessing he's a VR.

I just can't wait for Wicket. I'm hoping he really adds to my squad of 33 Ewoks. j/k :)

Sithspawn
7 February 2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Elvenshae
Use the Force + Flurry Attack = Fun. :)
+ Chagrian Mercenary Commander (+20 dam on a crit.) + Han Solo, Rebel Hero (grant Advantagous attack) + gaining Force Spirit from Obi-Wan Kenobi (spend Force Points twice a round).

so thats - Use the Force, Flurry (Use the Force), Flurry, Double Attack.

Presuming that all Attacks hit on an unactivated foe, I think that's potentially 160 damage;
(20+20+10) (20+20+10) (20+10) (20+10) 8o

cheshire
7 February 2007, 03:40 PM
Wow. Use the Force, Luke.

Anyway, do we have a line on Obi-Wan's stat card? I'd love to see the rest of the details on the character. The creatoin point cost has to be something special for him.

Elvenshae
8 February 2007, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Sithspawn

+ Chagrian Mercenary Commander (+20 dam on a crit.) + Han Solo, Rebel Hero (grant Advantagous attack) + gaining Force Spirit from Obi-Wan Kenobi (spend Force Points twice a round).

so thats - Use the Force, Flurry (Use the Force), Flurry, Double Attack.

Presuming that all Attacks hit on an unactivated foe, I think that's potentially 160 damage;
(20+20+10) (20+20+10) (20+10) (20+10) 8o

You left out a step.

1st Attack: Critical! 20*2 + 20 + 10 = 70
2nd Attack: Critical! 20*2 + 20 + 10 = 70
3rd Attack: Normal 20 + 10 = 30
4th Attack: Normal 20 + 10 = 30

Total: 200 damage

Sithspawn
8 February 2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Elvenshae

Total: 200 damage

Good Call, forgot that bit :)

As for Obi-Wan, I'm still not buying in the 'Force Spirit' Obi-Wan that's being hyped about on WOTC forums. Yes, it could be, but it's also the pose of OBi-Wan on Tatooine over-looking Mos Eisley. So I too am very interested to find out what sort of Obi-Wan we will be getting.

Elvenshae
8 February 2007, 08:01 AM

As for Obi-Wan, I'm still not buying in the 'Force Spirit' Obi-Wan that's being hyped about on WOTC forums. Yes, it could be, but it's also the pose of OBi-Wan on Tatooine over-looking Mos Eisley. So I too am very interested to find out what sort of Obi-Wan we will be getting.

Apparently, the scan posted on the WotC forums is miscolored, and in the actual catalogue he is very obviously blue and clearish.

Sithspawn
8 February 2007, 10:19 AM
In a way I'm hoping it is. Why should D&D get all the great looking minis? (and let's face it, it does). B)

Elvenshae
8 February 2007, 12:14 PM
In a way I'm hoping it is. Why should D&D get all the great looking minis? (and let's face it, it does). B)

Elementals roXXor my world. :D

Ris
9 February 2007, 05:37 AM
I had to dig a little, but there is another thread in this about the next SW mini's release, Alliance vs. Empire right here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=233811) . I'm certainly looking forward to the set, just wish it waasn't due out about the same time as Saga Ed. ;P
I foresee the need to foresee winning lottery numbers...

[Off-topic]As for D&D miniatures, yes they have some cool stuff; however, I've decided to limit myself to only the SW/SW Starship minis, since there are 3 of us into mini's. Right now My Hubby & My Son are into the D&D "Waaaay Oversized" dragons, particularly a "Colossal Red Dragon" which comes in a box nearly the size of my monitor (which is not a flatscreen) & costs like $75. Of course I told 'em they could have it--just gotta break the news to them that (1) they might have to share it unless the shop can get a 2nd & (2) I'd like the equivalent cost in SW mini boosters[/Off-topic]

Sithspawn
9 February 2007, 03:50 PM
Ris, that Red Dragon is beautiful, I gave in and bought one. Once your hubby & son have theirs you'll just want one too :D

I complete Star Wars minis sets. With D&D I buy up a couple of Common & Uncommon lots off eBay and just 2 or 3 Rares that I think I can use for my Role-Playing (D&D and Star Wars).

Ris
25 February 2007, 05:30 PM
While "Windows shopping" (read: "just looking around") on Amazon today, I saw this item (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Starter-Game/dp/078694739X/sr=1-10/qid=1172407048/ref=sr_1_10/002-5683791-5255201?ie=UTF8&s=books) Another starter set, due in July. Anyone who frequents the WotC boards have any more info on this?

Also, I have a new "dream mini" I want to see. Kal Skirata from the Republic Commando books. I was joking to My Hubby about possible stats: "Exceptional Rapport: ANY character with Clone Trooper, ARC, or Republic Commando in the name costs 2 points less. Commander Effect: ANY character with Clone Trooper, ARC, or Republic Commando in the name gets +10 attack & +10 damage"
Hey, it's my Dream Mini, it can have any stats I like :D

Stratos
26 February 2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Ris
While "Windows shopping" (read: "just looking around") on Amazon today, I saw this item (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Starter-Game/dp/078694739X/sr=1-10/qid=1172407048/ref=sr_1_10/002-5683791-5255201?ie=UTF8&s=books) Another starter set, due in July. Anyone who frequents the WotC boards have any more info on this?

While I believe you and your Amazon search... I think it's probably a typo based on guess work. With A&E in May... a new set my hit in September as with past years but I doubt something as early as July.

Ris
3 March 2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Stratos

While I believe you and your Amazon search... I think it's probably a typo based on guess work. With A&E in May... a new set my hit in September as with past years but I doubt something as early as July.

Yeah, who knows with them. It is, after all, the website that still claims the release date for the Starship Battles was in mid-January '07 :rolleyes:

Elvenshae
7 March 2007, 02:09 PM
For those interested. WotC_Rob (the SW Minis Designer) has leaked a Bothan Transmission containing clues to another miniature in the set.

Given: aaabcccdeeeeeghiknoorww

... we were rather quickly able to discern that the new figure's name is Chewbacca, [Enraged / Angered] Wookiee.

Then, Rob gave us even more:

((()))+++:"",,./00000011111123334466aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbccccccccccccccccc dddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffgggggggggghhhh hhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijjkkkkkllllllmm mmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooo ooooooooooooooppppqqrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssss sssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttttu uuuuuuuvvvwwwwxyy

After several hard hours of work, we were able to deduce:

Chewbacca, [Enraged / Angered] Wookiee 30

3/60

Hit Points 110
Defense 16
Attack +11
Damage 30

Special Abilities
Unique

Charging Assault +40 (Replaces turn: Can move up to 12 squares, then make an attack at +40 Damage against an adjacent enemy)

Demolish (Ignores Damage Reduction of adjacent targets)

Savage (This character must end his move next to an enemy if he can and does not benefit from commander effects)

"Let the wookiee win."

Now, Rob's mentioned that no answer is actually 100% right yet - which means that we need to finish swapping the numbers around.

Still, that's at least 80% correct. Enjoy! :D

Sithspawn
7 March 2007, 02:45 PM
I've been watching this thread closely on WOTC boards. There're still probably half a dozen options left.