PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite mini? and why?

Stratos
1 May 2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, so... what is your favorite WoTC collectible SW mini and why?

Admiral Zaarin
1 May 2007, 12:30 PM
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand: simply because she's my favorite character. :)

Sithspawn
1 May 2007, 03:33 PM
Keep seeing similar threads to this over at WOTC, and each time I probably give a different answer :?

Why? Sometimes because I forget characters, and othertimes I just keep changing my mind.

There are some great sculpts, especially Jango Fett Bounty Hunter. The Detail on Boba Fett BH is great too. But I love the Basilisk and Acklay. and if it wasn't for the Sandtrooper on Dewback I probably wouldn't have started collecting. But Darth Maul Champion of the Sith is just the most cool looking mini ever!

Playability then. Well are you talking beatstick or someone I just like? My favourite is probably a tie between Bossk Bounty Hunter and the Ugnaught. I also play the Aqualish assassin in many squads.

If I had to choose beatstick though it's either Darth Bane or Darth Vader Jedi Hunter.

Of the upcoming A&E I already like the look of the Ithorian Commander playability wise, and I quite like the look of the not-so-powerful new Boba Fett too. B)

gmjabreson
2 May 2007, 04:39 AM
I would have to say my favorite, though I wasn't able to buy it because of its price and by the time I saved up for it they were out of stock, would be the AT-AT.

Why? It's the biggest baddest one out there, that's why. Wish I had one of those things now, since I've got 2 AT-ST's that would complement it nicely.

But I do have the Acklay, Tusken Raider on Bantha, 2 Royal Guardsmen (need an Emperor though), and a boat load of Stormies ready to take on the galaxy.

Just hard to choose which set to get from, with so many out there these days. I mean we have Universe, Rebel Storm is still out there, Clone Strike (or whatever it is), Bounty Hunters, Starships, and now Alliance Vs Empire is coming out.

No offense, but its starting to get like Magic Cards, too many sets to choose from will overload the market and won't make as much per set. I used to buy Magic cards by booster boxes, but after a while, just too many to try to get and I said forget it. That's when WEG started getting my money for Star Wars. I go to the local bookstore and I see about 10 different Magic Card sets sitting on their shelves, and I thank god I stopped trying to collect and play that game.

Stratos
2 May 2007, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by gmjabreson
I would have to say my favorite, though I wasn't able to buy it because of its price and by the time I saved up for it they were out of stock, would be the AT-AT.

I don't think the AT-AT plays very well but it is an impressive "mini". I don't know where you're located in the real world but I know of many local shops that still have it in stock.

gmjabreson
2 May 2007, 05:37 AM
Little BFE town of Greenville Michigan. Not much here, but the lady that runs the bookstore tried to order me one, but wasn't able to locate one available. Amazon says that they are out of stock, and I don't get to go to Grand Rapids much and don't really know where the gaming stores in that town are located at.

At this point I've pretty much stopped buying both minis and game materials, until I get myself a beater to last until I get out of college. Tired of being late for class cause mom can't get ready in time, but can't get unglued from the damn television to get ready earlier.