PDA

View Full Version : An Update? Indeed!

BRodgers
23 July 2007, 12:48 AM
Updated the site.

Added a few new features. Feel free to check it out and of course feedback is always welcome.

More to come as the summer rolls on.

:)

BRodgers
26 July 2007, 07:00 AM
Did I mention we were also showcasing
LIVE! NUDE! JAWAS!
This month?

HA!

Sorry..old joke...only a few of the old timers might remember it.

Heh.

:D

BRodgers
5 August 2007, 06:52 PM
Image update to the Rogues Gallery section, you can find more info on the front page.

Ronin
6 August 2007, 11:24 PM
Nice! That's a good varient of NPCs there! :)

BRodgers
7 August 2007, 04:35 AM
Thanks Ronin!

I'll be adding more new pics in the next week and hopefully more new faces in the months to come.

Ubiqtorate
7 August 2007, 08:22 AM
Hey, those are some pretty impressive pics. Who does the artwork?

BRodgers
7 August 2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ubiqtorate
Hey, those are some pretty impressive pics. Who does the artwork?

Thanks Ubiqtorate!

All artwork on the RS site is done by me and my wife, known around the Holonet and over at SWAG as Elfgirl (aka Tracy).

Ubiqtorate
8 August 2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, that's really nice work. I'm particularly impressed by the CG work. What can you tell me about that?

BRodgers
8 August 2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ubiqtorate
Yeah, that's really nice work. I'm particularly impressed by the CG work. What can you tell me about that?

I can tell you that I've spent WAY too much money on it!!!!!!!!!

Just joking! Well, only partially...

The CG stuff is done using a program called Poser 7. It's a CG program that is put out by a company called E-Frontier.

The models, clothing, props and everything we use are purchased through 3rd party vendors or created "in-house" using other programs such as Bryce and Hexagon.

Postwork is done in Photoshop.

I've been using the Poser program for about 4-5 years at this point, but have only really started investing a lot of time and money in it in the last few years, mainly because the program itself was extremely limited in what it could do. Now however, it has advanced to the point where I feel it can produce the kind of artwork I want/need to help tell the Raptor Squad story.

(Sound familiar? Lucas said the same thing about CG and the Star Wars films. Of course he just jumped up and created Industrial LIght & Magic to realize his "vision" whereas I have to use the tools available to me ;) )

Hope that answers some of your questions! In the end if you have a lot of time and, well, I won't lie, a deep pocketbook (and the best wife in the world that not only supports but encourages and participates in your hobby) you can turn out and produce some really great stuff.

I'm glad you are enjoying the new stuff! In addition to the updated profile pics we've got a whole ton of new art waiting in the wings to roll out in the coming months.

Ubiqtorate
8 August 2007, 02:26 PM
That's really interesting, BRodgers. I won't lie - the thought has been rattling around in my head for a while now that I want to get into CG art. I'm an engineer by profession, and I've tried using engineering CAD programs to create Star Wars artwork, but with mostly disappointing results. Right now, I don't know if I have the money to get into it very seriously, but it's an itch that at some point, I just might have to scratch, so it's interesting to me to find out what people out there are doing - and what they're using to do it.

Thanks. ;)

BRodgers
8 August 2007, 02:28 PM
My pleasure Ubiqtorate!

If you have any other questions or anything at all, feel free to PM or e-mail me!

:)