PDA

View Full Version : Quick thought....

Fyrebhaal
27 July 2007, 07:45 AM
Whatever happeneed to Jar Jar Binks after ROTS?

cheshire
27 July 2007, 08:01 AM
I think that THIS LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBDe3D_SCY8) is the cannon story of what happened, right?

CaamasiJedi49
27 July 2007, 08:26 AM
Yes, it very much G-Canon. Approved by Lucasfilm and everything. ;) :P

Cj49

Fingon
27 July 2007, 10:09 AM
Oh man... that just totally made my day.

He probably remained senator of Naboo until he was replaced, killed, or the senate was dissolved. I don't think he would of had any significance.

BRodgers
27 July 2007, 10:20 AM
Per a Lucas interview back in 2005:

"He goes back to Naboo and he's a representative," Lucas said of the controversial character, who is barely glimpsed in "Episode III." "He probably stays on the council, he's probably in the senate, because it becomes completely worthless. Senators are just for show, which they talk about in 'Episode IV.' Actually, in 'Episode IV' they get disbanded, so Jar Jar probably goes home to his wife and kids."

cheshire
27 July 2007, 10:26 AM
I like my version better.

BRodgers
27 July 2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by cheshire
I like my version better.

Of course you do.

;)

gmjabreson
7 August 2007, 07:46 AM
now that's just a scary thought, "Jar Jar going home to wife and kids." Jar Jar, Kids, same sentence? OMG there's more of him somewhere?

Ubiqtorate
7 August 2007, 08:13 AM
Hey, just because they share the same genes, it doesn't mean they're cut from the same mold. I can see Jar-Jar's kids going through teenage angst: "Meesa have the dorkiest dad in the whole galaxy. Meesa just embarrassed to be seen with him!"

Yes, well, I guess unfortunately they'd still speak Gungan.

gmjabreson
7 August 2007, 08:15 AM
still scary that someone would marry him, let alone have kids with him. But then again the guy was a "Senator"

BRodgers
7 August 2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by gmjabreson
still scary that someone would marry him, let alone have kids with him. But then again the guy was a "Senator"

Chicks dig all that power.

;)

gmjabreson
7 August 2007, 12:47 PM
yep, and it also proves that you don't have to be smart to be a politician too.

Fingon
7 August 2007, 02:09 PM
C'mon guys, give Jar Jar some credit... after all, he did give Palpatine emergency powers. He was useful afterall, wasn't he? ;)

Banditrests
7 August 2007, 02:18 PM
Cannonally, BRodgers is about right, yeah. Strangely enough though, Binks was voiced by Ahmed Best in that Robot Chicken clip, so it's pretty close to being Jar Jar... Oh, if only. But you can see him as an easter egg in Empire at War, so maybe he's not dead.

Ronin
7 August 2007, 06:20 PM
Considering all his friends are dead, by Ep4 he's got to be a pretty blue individual...

I think, in one game I had (set around EP4) he returned to Naboo after the senate was disbanded. He and Padme's niece Pooja were Naboo's senators (though the pro-human Empire pretty much ignored Jar Jar and counted Pooja as the sole senator) and afterward he became a hermit on Naboo...with Panaka now Moff for the sector and the Empire increasing it's presence (and being harder on the Gungans) he blamed himself for so much...
you could always have him eventually try to right things and join the rebellion...perhaps coordinating the Gungans...

coldskier0320
7 August 2007, 08:02 PM
you could always have him eventually try to right things and join the rebellion...perhaps coordinating the Gungans...

Gungan commandos...that would either be totally awesome...or totally horrible.

gmjabreson
7 August 2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm, a hermit that is clumsy, tries to right his mistakes that caused so much death and destruction. Oh boy, that'd be a lot of atonement for that one.
"yousa in big doodoo this time" from Episode 1 comes to mind. It would be interesting to see him bumble along trying to correct his mistakes, though I'm sure his luck would run out eventually.

Alis_Morningstar
23 August 2007, 04:56 PM
Jar Jar... Kids.... Jar Jar... Kids.... Send the Death Star to Naboo now!!! This is a major emergency!!!!!