PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed Miniatures - Official Thread

Stratos
11 September 2007, 10:13 AM
Fans will score a 3-D preview of LucasArts' highly-anticipated 2008 video game titled Star Wars: The Force Unleashed with this November's Star Wars Miniatures expansion of the same name. The Force Unleashed is a 60-figure, booster-only set drawn from the expanded universe of comics, novels and video games. In addition, fourteen of the figures in this set represent iconic characters from the game that will be available to fans for the first time ever, and an additional 10 are huge figures!

Any new News, speculation, or rumors?

Are you looking forward to this set of "Expanded Universe" minis are d you prefer your Alliance & Empire "movie heavy" sets?!

Personally, this is the type of set I've been waiting for. A/E did nothing for me and I'm still holding out for round bases! :D

cheshire
11 September 2007, 12:38 PM
They used to have a Wookieepedia article with a number of minis listed as confirmed. However, the nature of Wookieepedia makes that information dubious at best.

I've heard that they will have all current factions represented in this booster. While I'm not a fan of the huge boosters, it would be nice to have some Old Republic support.

I've also heard that a Sith Revan is in the works. That would be nice

Donovan Morningfire
12 September 2007, 02:01 AM
Well, I've already got a full set ordered, but I'm not overly enthused about the preview figs for a game I'll probably never end up playing.

Probably looking forward more to the non-Uniques of the set than anything else. Although I guess you can never truly have enough stormtroopers :stormtpr: :stormtpr: :stormtpr: :stormtpr:

Admiral Zaarin
13 September 2007, 07:26 PM
Personally, this set sounds amazing. I love EU and hardly care about the movies. Now, I could care less about the Force Unleashed, but if we can get some good KotOR/TotJ era stuff, THAT will be awesome. :D

Jake Sunspot
13 September 2007, 09:36 PM
Any minis of non iconic characters with lightsabers will be a welcome addition to my gaming table. To be honest anything from the EU or just the generic "Corellian Pirate" type minis will be great for my purposes. I don't play the minis game so all I care about is commons and common uncommons that look cool.

Stratos
14 September 2007, 03:16 AM
Game Trade Magazine #91 (current) has them solicited for $21.99/booster. Yikes!

Donovan Morningfire
14 September 2007, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Stratos
Game Trade Magazine #91 (current) has them solicited for $21.99/booster. Yikes!
Well, these are a Huge-size expansion, which typically cost more anyways. And since the regular-size boosters have gone up in price, no surprise the Huge ones have as well.

cheshire
14 September 2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah, the price is a bummer. I usually wind up trading off my huge minis too anyway. They don't fit nicely in my tackle boxes full of normal sized minis.

Admiral Zaarin
15 September 2007, 11:31 AM
Isn't that what Huge-sized boosters have always cost? :? It is disappointing though, because the "huge" sized miniatures are rarely to scale with the other miniatures. In particular, I'm thinking of the CIS tank droid...

Any minis of non iconic characters with lightsabers will be a welcome addition to my gaming table.
I agree. I'm about to launch a Jedi-heavy campaign, and so far I have few Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith period, named or unnamed.

Jame
16 September 2007, 12:07 PM
I'll be happy if there are more non-unique Human/Near-Human/Zabrak females with guns. And let me stress this, I want them to have pistols or rifles, and NOT melee weapons, because I want to use them for roleplaying.

cheshire
16 September 2007, 05:56 PM
Here's a few things I don't want to see:

Jar Jar Binks
Witch of Dathomir on a Rancor mount
yet another Darth Vader
Mace and Cindel from the Ewok Adventure

Donovan Morningfire
17 September 2007, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by cheshire
Yeah, the price is a bummer. I usually wind up trading off my huge minis too anyway. They don't fit nicely in my tackle boxes full of normal sized minis.
Actually what I've been using, after being clued into it by Ris' husband, is large Christmas decoration boxes. You can find them in your local Wal-Mart or Target, especially now with Christmas season right around the corner. I think they work great.

Donovan Morningfire
17 September 2007, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Jame
I'll be happy if there are more non-unique Human/Near-Human/Zabrak females with guns. And let me stress this, I want them to have pistols or rifles, and NOT melee weapons, because I want to use them for roleplaying.
May want to take a look at the HeroClix series as well. They've got quite a plethora of Human females with guns. Since all you want is the fig, you can usually pick up rookie versions of the characters (which are the weakest) at pretty low prices. I scored a dozen such figs for less than ten bucks. Now I just need to pick up some round slotta bases so they don't take up any more room on the battle grid than the other SW figures.

Stratos
17 September 2007, 03:27 AM
Here's a few things I don't want to see:

Jar Jar Binks
Witch of Dathomir on a Rancor mount
yet another Darth Vader
Mace and Cindel from the Ewok Adventure

Interesting list. To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't already seen Jar Jar and Boss Nass. While I wouldn't want them, because I don't collect Republic forces, I could see why they could benefit the game if you were trying to build a Naboo force, etc. Give the Kaduu and Infantry some leadership.

A Witch on Rancor would be cool, but not as a game piece for the Minis game. It'd be the regular Rancor with Mount and Force abilities. Bah.

We'll always have a Vader in a set. Why wouldn't we? It's called Brand Managing. Apparently Lucasfilm/Hasbro/WoTC is afraid people will forget who he and the other core characters are if they're left out of a set or two.

Mace & Cindel... I don't think we'll have to worry about them.

Just my 2 cents.

Thomas
17 September 2007, 04:44 AM
hi ho, were can one find this info without having to either A: hunt down a copy of this magazine or B: root through the Wizards forums since I haven't seen anything up on their website just yet?

Stratos
17 September 2007, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Thomas
hi ho, were can one find this info without having to either A: hunt down a copy of this magazine or B: root through the Wizards forums since I haven't seen anything up on their website just yet?

I haven't seen anything official coming from Wizards. The original quote in the first post of this thread was from StarWars.com. The Game Trade Magazine I mentioned (#91) is in game stores and comic shops nationwide right now. But GTM is just a solicitation. No pix. No fluff or meet. Just a product code, price, release date.

Darth Jerrod
17 September 2007, 03:22 PM
look for the previews to start in October I would guess.

Also Jar Jar is coming.

Sithspawn
17 September 2007, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping for Jar Jar in FU. But I really hope he's playable, and not a some 8pt filler like Bib Fortuna.

cheshire
17 September 2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Jerrod

Also Jar Jar is coming.

http://dvnooooo.ytmnd.com/

'Nuf said.

Darth Jerrod
17 September 2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
I'm hoping for Jar Jar in FU. But I really hope he's playable, and not a some 8pt filler like Bib Fortuna.

I am sure he will be like Nute Gunray with some buff and a negative to balance out.

Admiral Zaarin
18 September 2007, 06:54 PM
I, personally, am hopening that Jar Jar never darkens the doors of miniatures...but since he's Lucas's little pet, you know he's bound to eventually. :raised:

Starcloud
18 September 2007, 09:27 PM
How about Jar-Jar Binks, Incompetent General?

"Commander Effect: No figure within six spaces of Jar Jar Binks can be affected by any other Commander Effect, regardless of allegiance. This includes Droids."

cheshire
19 September 2007, 06:19 AM
Jar Jar Binks: Common Nuisance
All non-allied characters must target Jar Jar Binks on their turn as long as he is a legal target.

Give him a high defense just to make the effect useful. :)

Donovan Morningfire
19 September 2007, 07:40 AM
All non-allied characters must target Jar Jar Binks on their turn as long as he is a legal target.

Heck, just give him Evade to tie-up shooters for a couple rounds.

Admiral Zaarin
19 September 2007, 12:34 PM

He should have a point value of -15 just to give the player some reason to deploy him. :rolleyes:

PsychoInfiltrator
19 September 2007, 01:40 PM
Incredibly Clumsy: At the end of his turn, randomly select one character or device adjacent to Jar Jar. This character takes 40 damage, save 11. If the save succeeds, or there are no characters adjacent to Jar Jar, he takes 20 damage, save 16.

cheshire
19 September 2007, 06:29 PM
Hrm... here's an ability:

Embarrassment to All That Is Star Wars:
If any player places this piece in his squad, his friends may inflict 20 damage upon him.

Sithspawn
26 September 2007, 12:14 AM
Still so many Jar Jar haters.

He's a fun character. But maybe you can use that hate to fuel your squad. Make Jar Jar hard to kill then taunt your opponent. "Meesa Jar Jar Binks." Even better, get your Star Wars figure com-chip out and play Jar Jar speech every time he activates :P

I really think Jar Jar should have some kind of dumb luck (roll of 1 is a critical), Evade and Avoid Defeat.

Or how about Clumsy: at the end of this characters turn all characters including allies within two squares takes 10 damage, save 11.

Or... Duped Senator During squad construction if your squad includes Jar Jar Binks make a Save 11, on a failed save you must now change your Faction to Empire. :D

Stratos
27 September 2007, 04:14 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/starwars_article_theforceunleashed_pic1_en.jpg

Finally... official News from WoTC!

The Force Unleashed Miniatures - 16 November, 2007 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/theforceunleashed)

cheshire
27 September 2007, 07:08 PM
I guess nearly no news is better than no news at all. :)

Seriously, though, I can't wait to see the lineup. It's still a month and a half away, so I don't think we'll see any official previews for a few weeks.

Sithspawn
28 September 2007, 04:13 AM
You could just try asking wizards what is being released, but I guess their response will just be, "FU." :P

Stratos
28 September 2007, 04:19 AM
Ok, rather than being so bitter (as I tend to be), let's start a little speculation starting with... who are the two Dark Jedi / Sith on the covers of the two boosters flanking the Dagobah Luke box?

cheshire
28 September 2007, 05:32 AM
I'm guessing that at least one of them is Darth Vader's apprentice from the upcoming video game. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were the male and female character choices in the game.

Sithspawn
28 September 2007, 09:38 AM
I think the female is called Maris Brood and the other is the Secret Apprentice.

Not much of a secret I'm afraid, this info is available on the offical website.
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Stratos
28 September 2007, 09:43 AM
I think the female is called Maris Brood and the other is the Secret Apprentice.

Not much of a secret I'm afraid, this info is available on the offical website.
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#/story/characters/
Anyone wanna speculate on how Shak'Ti survives RoTS and is in TFU?

cheshire
28 September 2007, 11:07 AM
Even though she dies in a deleted scene, cannon is that she survived Order 66. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Stratos
28 September 2007, 11:20 AM
Even though she dies in a deleted scene, cannon is that she survived Order 66. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Not a bubble to be busted. I read her profile on TFU website and it explains that as well... I was just surprised. Not really surprised though. It is accustom to Lucas to change things to make them fit differently. I have no doubts that some day he'll use ground-breaking FX just to prove he can put a square peg in a round hole, for no other reason than because his kids suggested it to him. And worst part will be, he'll disclaim any and all previous conceptions of what a square and a circle are to do so.

Darth Vindictus
28 September 2007, 01:57 PM
Personally, I find it amusing that they're using a character that was scheduled to die *twice* in RotS... does the novelization actually have her die at the temple, or just imply that it happens?

Starcloud
28 September 2007, 04:19 PM
It only implies that Shaak-Ti was killed.

cheshire
28 September 2007, 06:46 PM

Not a bubble to be busted. I read her profile on TFU website and it explains that as well... I was just surprised. Not really surprised though. It is accustom to Lucas to change things to make them fit differently. I have no doubts that some day he'll use ground-breaking FX just to prove he can put a square peg in a round hole, for no other reason than because his kids suggested it to him. And worst part will be, he'll disclaim any and all previous conceptions of what a square and a circle are to do so.

Which is why the Alliance and Empire bases were square. Lucas had always envisioned them as square, but he only had the technology to make them round at the time. So, he had Wizards re-sculpt many of the same characters, but now with the definitive bases.

Stratos
28 September 2007, 06:48 PM

Which is why the Alliance and Empire bases were square. Lucas had always envisioned them as square, but he only had the technology to make them round at the time. So, he had Wizards re-sculpt many of the same characters, but now with the definitive bases.

To which are rumored to be re-released as round bases with the second printing. And the fans buy it all! Genius! Pure Hollywood magic!

PsychoInfiltrator
4 October 2007, 03:47 PM
Round bases again? Hmmm... maybe I'll consider putting SW Minis on a wishlist or two. At the moment, I only have a Rebel Storm starter and a Clone Strike booster. (Given both.) I gave up on making scenarios after awhile... my creative abilities weren't enough.

cheshire
5 October 2007, 08:01 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they gave us a Joruus C'boath mini in this set?

Stratos
6 October 2007, 05:53 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if they gave us a Joruus C'boath mini in this set?

Yes! Joruus or Jorus - clone or original - either would be cool! Jorus/Joruus C'boath is a character who spanned generations so he totally could fit into this set. With Outbound Flight taking place before the Clone Wars and the clones appearance 5 years after Endor during the Thrawn crises. A very cool addition to the set.

Admiral Zaarin
6 October 2007, 10:25 AM
Lorana Jinzler would actually make a pretty good miniature, too.

Stratos
7 October 2007, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
Lorana Jinzler would actually make a pretty good miniature, too.

Drawing a blank here...

cheshire
7 October 2007, 05:51 AM
Apparently she was a character in the books surrounding the Outbound Flight Project.

I had to go to Wookieepedia to find out:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lorana_Jinzler

Stratos
7 October 2007, 09:56 AM
Apparently she was a character in the books surrounding the Outbound Flight Project.

I had to go to Wookieepedia to find out:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lorana_Jinzler

Right on! I remember her now. Thanks for the link.

Sithspawn
9 October 2007, 08:22 AM
SPOILER

Ok, I dare say most of you guys have seen this already over on Wizards boards or SWMGamer, but those that want TFU pics & setlist, here ya' go.

Hope I'm okay posting this mods.

Seriously, if you don't want it spoilt DON'T click the link!

The Force Unleashed pics & checklist (http://www.ugavine.com/swmini_soon.htm)

Stratos
9 October 2007, 09:40 AM
SPOILER

Ok, I dare say most of you guys have seen this already over on Wizards boards or SWMGamer, but those that want TFU pics & setlist, here ya' go.

Hope I'm okay posting this mods.

Seriously, if you don't want it spoilt DON'T click the link!

The Force Unleashed pics & checklist (http://www.ugavine.com/swmini_soon.htm)

WHOA! Wizard! This set is gonna rock! Check out those Huge! Not sure why we have to get so many repeat characters but give me the Fringe and Huge any day!

Thanks for the link!

Admiral Zaarin
9 October 2007, 12:10 PM
Garm Bel Iblis and and Darth Revan will make the whole set worth it. :) Unfortunately, I don't buy many minis so the only Very Rare I have is Nihilus...but I may have to break some money out for these two. ;) So, when do you suppose Wizards will start breaking out the previews with Saga stats? :D

cheshire
9 October 2007, 01:01 PM
I'm just hoping to finally get a Boba Fett!

Stratos
9 October 2007, 02:06 PM
Bel Iblis! Peregrine's Shadow will be complete!

Corr Terek
9 October 2007, 07:15 PM
Wow. That's almost enough to finally push me into buying Miniatures. I'd have done it long before now, but I sadly have no place to store them for the moment.

Sithspawn
11 October 2007, 01:21 AM
There are some clearer pics up on the WOTC forums.

I do think there are some decent sculpts in this set. no stupid poses with decent quality on the whole.

The Good
Uggernaught - looks awesome.
Darth Revan - most anticipated stats ever!
Chewbacca of Hoth - I've been waiting for this sculpt.
Secret Apprentice - nice sculpt, should be powerful.
Amanin Scout - looks great.

The Bad
Luke's Snowspeeder - lame giving us another snowspeeder.
3 Luke's - AGAIN!
Taun Taun is a Rare - that sucks!
Uggernaught is a Rare - that REALLY sucks!
Obi-Wan with green lightsabre - not really a gripe, just a 'huh?'
Huge are generally nice but could have been better.

The Ugly
Ugnaught Tech - that's no moon, it's an ugnaughts head!
Mynock - doesn't look painted

Jake Sunspot
11 October 2007, 09:54 AM
Link to the forum mentioned above

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=937020

Admiral Zaarin
11 October 2007, 11:04 AM
Please tell me that turret has a speed of zero... :p

Anyway, has anyone noticed this:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview1

boccelounge
11 October 2007, 01:08 PM
Hey, what's an "Uggernaught?" And how is that different than an "Ugnaught?"

:?

EDIT: Never mind... I found a hi-res scan of the poster. That thing's pretty cool, actually...

cheshire
11 October 2007, 04:07 PM
Please tell me that turret has a speed of zero... :p

Anyway, has anyone noticed this:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview1

Yeah. I saw that. I'm looking at Vader's Apprentice and praying that I get initiative when I'm fighting him. That guy can do some serious damage, and I'd love to kill him quick.

Sithspawn
12 October 2007, 01:23 AM

Yeah. I saw that. I'm looking at Vader's Apprentice and praying that I get initiative when I'm fighting him. That guy can do some serious damage, and I'd love to kill him quick.

But Yoda & Vong totally nerf his powers :D
Though that doesn't stop his +13 Attack with a Lightsaber B)
Best played in squads with RS Emperor Palpatine to give him a Force Point battery, but that does defeat the whole 'Secret Apprentice' thing when you think about it. Not that story & continuity have ever been a strong part of minis squads.

The Shadow Guard from the Preview kind of makes the Dark Side Marauder redundant.

Admiral Zaarin
12 October 2007, 09:37 AM
Interestingly, I have a baddie in my campaign who wields a saber-pike like that...I may need to get a hold of him just for that. :D

Stratos
21 October 2007, 09:39 AM
The new previews are nice:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview2

I might actually - for the first time - use the posted RPG stats in a campaign I'm currently running! I've been needing some quick NPCs anyhow.

Sithspawn
25 October 2007, 03:05 PM
If you think Preview 2 was nice get a load of Preview 3... Darth Revan!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview3

Admiral Zaarin
25 October 2007, 06:43 PM
NICE!! :D

cheshire
26 October 2007, 05:39 AM
Revan looks cool, and his stats are incredible. I think I would have to only use him in a 150 or 200 point squad though.

Donovan Morningfire
26 October 2007, 07:27 AM
If you think Preview 2 was nice get a load of Preview 3... Darth Revan!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview3
The figure itself of Revan looks extremely cool, and the stats look pretty buff as well.

Although now I have to wonder if at some point we'll see Revan Redeemed (since KOTOR1's male light side ending is the canonical one) in a future set for the Old Republic.

Admiral Zaarin
26 October 2007, 12:16 PM
Considering the multitudinous options of what redeemed Revan could have looked like, I would assume not. But then, who knows?

cheshire
26 October 2007, 02:03 PM
Wasn't there an official "canon" look; at least a face, anyway?

Donovan Morningfire
27 October 2007, 11:17 AM
Considering the multitudinous options of what redeemed Revan could have looked like, I would assume not. But then, who knows?
Well, just put him in the Star Forge robes from game's end with a variant of his Sith mask and a blue lightsaber, and there's his appearance.

Like I said, canon lists Revan as male, so the gender issue is resolved. And with the mask, you don't have to worry about what the face looks like.

Admiral Zaarin
27 October 2007, 03:28 PM
I always hated that they made Revan male and Exile female...to me that seems backwards. Maybe because Carth was my favorite character from 1, and the Handmaiden was about the only really good character in 2...

cheshire
2 November 2007, 08:14 AM
It's kind of a shame, I was hoping that the Force Unleashed would finally issue the George Lucas mini that I've always wanted. He would have a special ability that would allow you, at the end of a skirmish, to go back and re-do all the parts that you weren't happy with. After you've tweaked the battle to your liking, then it is considered the definitive version of the skirmish. If you think of something you didn't like three weeks later, the special ability allows you to get your friends together, and tweak things again, and claim that this skirmish, not the second one, is in fact the definitive version...

until you all get 3D glasses.

Stratos
2 November 2007, 09:27 AM
I'm really liking Preview #4. Juno Eclipse will be a great mini to customize for my RPG. As will the Imperial officer variant.

cheshire
2 November 2007, 09:45 AM
I'm not too excited over the Imperial Navy Officer. Maybe it's because I already have half of a dozen of the Imperial Officer, and he works with any non-unique Imperial character, as opposed to a specific type of trooper.

Stratos
2 November 2007, 09:49 AM
I'm not too excited over the Imperial Navy Officer. Maybe it's because I already have half of a dozen of the Imperial Officer, and he works with any non-unique Imperial character, as opposed to a specific type of trooper.

I'm more interested in him for my RPG more than the Minis game. I rarely, if ever, have played the Empire.

Admiral Zaarin
5 November 2007, 11:28 AM
It's kind of a shame, I was hoping that the Force Unleashed would finally issue the George Lucas mini that I've always wanted. He would have a special ability that would allow you, at the end of a skirmish, to go back and re-do all the parts that you weren't happy with. After you've tweaked the battle to your liking, then it is considered the definitive version of the skirmish. If you think of something you didn't like three weeks later, the special ability allows you to get your friends together, and tweak things again, and claim that this skirmish, not the second one, is in fact the definitive version...
And let's not forget his most important special ability: Reinforcements (Jar Jar). :p

cheshire
7 November 2007, 06:50 PM
Okay, Force Unleashed has been officially released in France. The internet is exploding with stat reveals. I just downloaded the minis manager 2.4 update, and I'm a little nervous.

When it said Force Unleashed, I wasn't expecting Force Unbalanced, or Force Undercosted.

Okay, seriously, though... the minis are really stacked with special abilities without the high costs I would expect. I'm just hoping that this isn't the beginning of a new trend. I only got into Star Wars minis a little over a year ago. I held off getting into it because I wasn't sure if it would be like the old CCG I used to play. Within a few years, the new cards made all of the old ones obsolete.

I know that the Force Unleashed is supposed to be an "over the top" sort of game, and I suppose it makes sense to have minis that are the same, but I just hope that we don't loose the usefulness of some of the older minis.

Darth Jerrod
7 November 2007, 07:07 PM
One of the things I thought I understood was there was a way to "dial-up" the level of the force in your game. So while some of the powers might be over the top on the unleashed characters you have to pay for it somehow.

I could be wrong.

Stratos
8 November 2007, 02:44 AM
When I get worried about my opponent's inclination to throw a lot of Force at me, I field Yuuzhan Vong. Love them or hate them, they're a viable enemy in the minis game.

cheshire
8 November 2007, 05:32 AM
That's the thing, it's not just Force abilities that scare me. Luke, Hoth Pilot Unleashed as the ability to walk up to something with a mounted gun and kill it instantly, save 6. Having a 30% chance of killing an AT-ST with one hit just doesn't seem sporting to me.

A cost 17 medical droid has heal 30, plus emergency life support.

Garm Bel Iblish has a cost of 45, allows all of his followers to move half their speed and still make additional attacks, as well as having an automatic 30 points of reinforcements. (No poor initiative roll necessary.)

I do have to admit, that most of the undercosted characters have a Force rating.

Shak Ti is cost 47 has stealth, cunning attack, double attack, crowd fighting (gains +2 attack for each additional adjacent enemy), lightsaber duelist, Force 2, Force Renewal 1, Master of the Force 2, Lightsaber block, and Lightsaber riposte.

It just seems a bit much.

Donovan Morningfire
8 November 2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview5

New WotC site preview is up.

PsychoInfiltrator
8 November 2007, 02:25 PM
I knwo it's unbalanced when I read this:

Cost: 13
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 17
Attack: +8
Damage: 10

That alone, is freaky. And then you get

Special Abilities: Unique; Pilot; Avoid Defeat; Evade; Grenades 10; Mobile Attack

And I want to field Luke Skywalker, Rebel why?

Cost: 17
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 17
Attack: +7
Damage: 20

Not for his rough stuff. Maybe if it weren't for the 4 point overcost. Are the abilities worth it?

Unique --- Impulsive Shot (If a Unique allied character is defeated, this character can make 1 immediate attack)
Force 2

I'm not sure I'd pay 4 points for them. And compared to Wedge Antilles, Rogue 2's abilities...

There goes any chance of me buying Minis for anything near store price.

Stratos
8 November 2007, 02:36 PM
I'm not really impressed with either from FU#5 (the URL says it all!). I'll definitely trade Wedge away. What faction is the Wookiee? If he's Fringe, I'll take one... if he's anything else he's trade fodder!!

Admiral Zaarin
8 November 2007, 02:59 PM
On the RPG stats note, I see they're implementing starship maneuvers similar to the ones that, I believe, Donovan (or Ronin, maybe?) introduced for RCR. Even though Wedge is one of my favorite characters, though, I agree that his mini isn't overly appealing.

Stratos
8 November 2007, 03:22 PM
On the RPG stats note, I see they're implementing starship maneuvers similar to the ones that, I believe, Donovan (or Ronin, maybe?) introduced for RCR. Even though Wedge is one of my favorite characters, though, I agree that his mini isn't overly appealing.

Having the Saga stats is definitely a blessing! I hope they print supplements like they did for the Endor pack! I love RPG stats for my minis!

Donovan Morningfire
9 November 2007, 07:41 AM
On the RPG stats note, I see they're implementing starship maneuvers similar to the ones that, I believe, Donovan (or Ronin, maybe?) introduced for RCR.
Definitely would have been Ronin, as I largely steered clear of starship combat in the RCR.

Elvenshae
9 November 2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by PsychoInfiltrator
And I want to field Luke Skywalker, Rebel why?

To be fair, have you *ever* wanted to field Luke, Rebel, other than when he was the only Luke you had?

All of his later versions are much, much better than him.

Admiral Zaarin
9 November 2007, 09:30 AM
Definitely would have been Ronin, as I largely steered clear of starship combat in the RCR.
lol I did too; I just remember seeing them. ;)

PsychoInfiltrator
9 November 2007, 01:04 PM
To be fair, have you *ever* wanted to field Luke, Rebel, other than when he was the only Luke you had?

Well, I only have a Rebel Storm starter and a Clone Strike booster pack to my name, and it was a rhetorical question, so... :P

Donovan Morningfire
9 November 2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Elvenshae

Actually yes, back when there was just Rebel Storm and I fielded the entire "Heroes of Yavin" as my squad.

Of course, his Jedi Knight version wasn't much to cheer about either back then (especially compared to later Rebel versions).

Sithspawn
14 November 2007, 06:26 AM
Just two days to go. Excited! So looking forward to my new minis! :D

Stratos
14 November 2007, 07:26 AM
Just two days to go. Excited! So looking forward to my new minis! :D
Me too!

Admiral Zaarin
14 November 2007, 11:38 AM
I really need to cut back on my spending, but WotC isn't helping... :rolleyes:

Stratos
14 November 2007, 12:02 PM
I really need to cut back on my spending, but WotC isn't helping... :rolleyes:

I hear you. I only plan to buy 4 boosters on Saturday and then hope to buy and trade for what I want. I really only want new Fringers, etc... stuff we haven't seen ever in plastic mini goodness. I'm not interested in another Wedge, Luke, Han, etc... unless I decide to get the Apprentice... and only then if they both have an ability that plays off one another... will I worry about yet another Vader.

Admiral Zaarin
14 November 2007, 06:16 PM
I plan to buy one or two boosters. I don't really know anyone else who collects minis, so unfortunately I can't trade. :(

Donovan Morningfire
15 November 2007, 02:19 AM
I went ahead and ordered a complete set online, with the idea that if there's any commons/uncommons that I want multiples of I'll either purchase onlilne or trade some of the low-grade rares I've got leftover from prior sets.

Sithspawn
15 November 2007, 05:07 AM
Arrrrghhhh!!!

An hour to go at work. My LGS has txt me to say minis are in. Getting real fidgetty now! :D

Donovan Morningfire
15 November 2007, 10:32 AM
For what it's worth, the 6th preview is up

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview6

Admiral Zaarin
15 November 2007, 11:06 AM
There's also a dead link to preview seven.

Donovan Morningfire
15 November 2007, 11:26 AM
Noticed that, and unless WotC is being uncommonly kind, I think it's a goof and was meant to be next week's preview.

Then again, considering next Thursday is Thanksgiving, could be the web guy is getting that out ahead of time.

Stratos
15 November 2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire

Noticed that, and unless WotC is being uncommonly kind, I think it's a goof and was meant to be next week's preview.

Then again, considering next Thursday is Thanksgiving, could be the web guy is getting that out ahead of time.

Maybe they'll give us a final, hail mary, preview tomorrow (Friday) since it's the official street date?! Wouldn't make much sense to give new previews AFTER the release.

Sithspawn
15 November 2007, 02:32 PM
I think the two previews are because they were a week late with Preview 1 due to clearance problems from LFL - apparently 6 months wasn't long enough for LFL to say, "Okay." :D

Stratos
15 November 2007, 03:50 PM

No longer dead... and I want an Army of Amanin!!!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/FUpreview7

Admiral Zaarin
15 November 2007, 05:07 PM
As I said, I don't play miniatures, but if I did I'd want 2-1B. In fact, I do anyway. :p

Sithspawn
16 November 2007, 12:10 AM
Yay to Force Unleashed! :P

I got some decent minis. My mate wasn't so thrilled, in four cases he got four Ozzels and around five TIE Crawlers not to mention other Rare duplicates.

I got Darth Revan! In fact I got THREE!!!
I didn't get Boba :(
I got the Secret Apprentice, but not Redeemed.
I got the Uggernaught x 2 :D
The Amanin Scout is a great sculpt.

We had a couple of games - I lost both :( (but was not playing Meta squads)
My mate was Rebels each time with Kazadan and his Droid Reserves 30 proved the make & break in both games. It's tough with your opponent effectively field +120 pts bigger squad!

Apprentice was good but needed support.
Hologram Veers (from Hoth set) was a major threat.
Kazadan's Reserve is major!
Telosian Tank being Pawned by Darth Sidious is strong.
Knobby Spider is cool but only a scrub killer really.

Donovan Morningfire
16 November 2007, 02:07 AM
Yay to Force Unleashed! :P

I got Darth Revan! In fact I got THREE!!!
I didn't get Boba :(
I got the Secret Apprentice, but not Redeemed.
I got the Uggernaught x 2 :D

Well, the two extra Revans should be good trade fodder to get stuff you do want. Good luck on getting Boba, since Fetts tend to be a royal pain to snag if you don't luck out and get one in a booster.

Probably going to swing by the local game shop tomorrow and pick up a couple boosters. Largely since my online order won't be showing up until after Thanksgiving it seems. Ah well, it is what it is.

Stratos
16 November 2007, 03:24 AM
Wow! I hope I have better, diverse, luck in my pulls from the 4 or 5 boosters I actually buy. I'd like to get a Revan. Not sure I need another Fett (I only have the RS and baby Fett versions and neither have seen the light of day in well over a year).

Admiral Zaarin
16 November 2007, 05:12 PM
If I could ask for just one mine, just one, it would be Revan. Unlikely, though, since I only buy one or two boosters of each set...

Stratos
16 November 2007, 06:46 PM
So, any cool new rules or Abilities with this set?

I have 13 hours before I'll see my new minis!

Sithspawn
17 November 2007, 09:15 AM
So, any cool new rules or Abilities with this set?

I have 13 hours before I'll see my new minis!
Plenty of new rules, some like Force Push are still awaiting rulings from WOTC to see if you can auto-defeat characters by pushing them into a pit.

Lots of Force Push, Repulse.
Diplomat - can't be targeted while other enemies are in LOS.
Tactics Broker - sacrifice one of your own minis to make opponents Initiative a '1'.
More powerful Force Powers.

That's all I remember on a whim.

Stratos
17 November 2007, 05:32 PM
So, has errata been posted yet regarding the Caamasi? Is he Fringe like his base or Rebel like his card? I really hate errors like this.

[illicit trade comment]Also, if anyone wants a Han in Carbonite for Revan - LMK! I also have an Ozzel and Luke's Snowspeeder up for trade [/trade]

Sithspawn
18 November 2007, 01:37 AM
There's no Errata but I think Nickname said it was Fringe. It's Fringe in the poster and it says Fringe on the mini base.

Stratos
18 November 2007, 05:37 AM
There's no Errata but I think Nickname said it was Fringe. It's Fringe in the poster and it says Fringe on the mini base.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully they'll post something official soon so I can legally play the mini without arguement... not that he's anything other than a meat-shield.

Donovan Morningfire
18 November 2007, 05:50 AM
So, has errata been posted yet regarding the Caamasi? Is he Fringe like his base or Rebel like his card? I really hate errors like this.
Yeah, that was more than a little confusing.

Any rate, out of the four boosters I bought yesterday, these are the "good pulls" I got:

- Juno Eclipse: the disruptive ain't bad, but she's not built for prolonged combat.
- Master Kota: A pretty good beatstick for the Rebs, and can really bolster a Fringe battle-force with his commander effect. His Force Repulse would be great for charging in after a few rounds and decimating tightly packed groups of mooks.
- Obi-Wan Unleashed: Ramped up version of Ben from Rebel Storm thanks to Force Renewal and Force Push, but still a pretty darn good beatstick.
- Wedge, Red Two: meh.
- Dark Trooper: An uncommon, but the Splash damage is good crowd control, and Flight lets you get them into position, although the heavy weapon trait cuts down on their overall usefulness. That and using a group of these guys for the RPG would be a lot of fun.
- Emperor's Shadow Guard: A very nice low cost beatstick, especially if they get the drop on their opponent.
- Junk Golem: This one just looks cool, and the Splash ability makes it great for taking out tighly-packed groups of mooks.
- Uggernaut: Again cool looking (junk mech ftw!).

Sithspawn
18 November 2007, 01:14 PM
Played a couple more games now, including a silly game 200pt game (which I surprisingly won) where I play a mere three characters, Revan Boba BH & Maris Brood.

Kazadan is proving powerful. I got Droid Reserves 30 five times!

Revan is cool but not Uber. He needs support, yet at 88pts he's not going to get much.

Junk Golem I do like, however I've not yet been able to get near enough to make a single attack :(

Not played Wedge yeat but he seems pretty good as a 13 pt filler.

Ugnaught Tech for 7 pts means other than for Reserves you have no reason to play R5 again.

Favourite new mini? Not sure, but just through the sculpt, Amanin Scout or Uggernaught.

Admiral Zaarin
20 November 2007, 02:53 PM
Well, I bought two boosters today and I intend to buy at least one more. This is by far my favorite set released yet. So, what pulls did I get?

I got my second very rare figure and my first Vader: Darth Vader, Unleashed. I got the Rebel turret. I got the very cool TIE Crawler. I got 2-1B. I really want Revan and that Rebel Jedi-guy shown on the box...I forget his name. I assume he's one of the Force Unleashed characters, but I could always use some more stock Jedi. :D

Stratos
20 November 2007, 03:50 PM
Well, I bought two boosters today and I intend to buy at least one more. This is by far my favorite set released yet. So, what pulls did I get?

I got my second very rare figure and my first Vader: Darth Vader, Unleashed. I got the Rebel turret. I got the very cool TIE Crawler. I got 2-1B. I really want Revan and that Rebel Jedi-guy shown on the box...I forget his name. I assume he's one of the Force Unleashed characters, but I could always use some more stock Jedi. :D

Great pull. Better odds than I faired in the case (6 boosters) I bought.

The guy on the cover is Vader's Apprentice. There's two forms of him. I pulled the Redeemed (Rebel) version. It's not nearly as cool as the Imperial version but I'm hoping to make some trades this weekend to get the minis I really want from this set and unload the ones from all sets I no longer want.

Admiral Zaarin
21 November 2007, 03:47 PM
No, no, I knew who he was and I wouldn't mind him, either, but I mean on the side of the box where it previews several miniatures, the old Jedi guy with the green saber.

Sithspawn
21 November 2007, 11:42 PM
General Kota. He's pretty good too, a Rebel Jedi with a 23 defense.

Admiral Zaarin
23 November 2007, 10:59 AM
That's the guy. He has a cool sculpt and would make a good generic Jedi in my upcoming Jedi-heavy campaign. :D

gmjabreson
6 December 2007, 05:01 PM
I bought two boosters today, got the crawler, and Kota, as well as Wedge Antilles, Red 2...

Evil overlord
11 December 2007, 11:57 AM
I just got a booster pack yesterday, and pulled some awesome figs. I got Darth Vaders Apprentice Unleashed <i>and</i> Felucian Warrior on Rancor. Totally awesome figures.

Stratos
11 December 2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
I just got a booster pack yesterday, and pulled some awesome figs. I got Darth Vaders Apprentice Unleashed <i>and</i> Felucian Warrior on Rancor. Totally awesome figures.

WOW! Awesome pull. Those are two I really want!! Congrats.

Admiral Zaarin
11 December 2007, 01:22 PM
I just got another pack, and I have to say that Wookiee hunter AT-ST is amazing. And, for such an idiot, Admiral Ozzel is quite useful--I just used him in my first miniatures battle yesterday, and he worked quite nicely alongside Vader Unleashed and the Wookiee hunter AT-ST. :D

Stratos
24 January 2008, 04:10 AM
Anyone still buying these? I know they're still selling well locally. But we're also anticipating the next set - Legacy of the Force.

From TFU, I still want to get Mariss Brood and Vader's Apprentice. I've played against Mariss and gotten spanked around a little. Never even seen Vader's Apprentice in action (other than the Rebel Redeemed version that is fancied in games at Alley Cat).

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 January 2008, 05:48 PM
Ohyeah, I bought my first booster of it.

Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed
Verpine Tech
Raxus Prime Trooper
Star Destroyer Officer
Wookiee Hunter AT-ST
Caamasi Noble
Mynock

Was stoked to get the Wookie Hunter AT-ST :D yeah, it looks freakin awesome :)

Stratos
29 January 2008, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
Ohyeah, I bought my first booster of it.

Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed
Verpine Tech
Raxus Prime Trooper
Star Destroyer Officer
Wookiee Hunter AT-ST
Caamasi Noble
Mynock

Was stoked to get the Wookie Hunter AT-ST :D yeah, it looks freakin awesome :)

Great pull. Nice to get too R/VR in one booster! The AT-ST has always brought me luck in the game. The net guns are awesome!!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks man! I'm enjoying buying them, and the random pulls is quite the thrill ;)

Theres nobody around here to get a game going with, so i'm mainly collecting them. They're goin in my glass display cabinet right now with the rest!

I got into the minis collecting late, so i'm focusing more on the older still available sets at the moment , but yeah, my curiosity was piqued, so i had to buy just one Force Unleashed booster, and that was without even looking at the set gallery ;)

Just hope i can get the other sets and this one before they get phased out. ;)