PDA

View Full Version : Another new fighter..

wolverine
28 May 2001, 04:57 AM
This comes from the same maeufacturers as the Heptal atmospheric fighter. It is the first 'play' the planet has made at a space fighter, all courtsy of the imperial navy...

This ship was Converted from one of the planet’s faster atmospheric fighters. It was upgraded, in a hope of giving new fighters to the imperial’s when they hit the Vong…It hails from the planet dubleraik, way out on the border of wild space.

Delta Dart 3Ea5 Space interceptor
Type: Hurian Space interceptor
scale: starfighter
length: 26M Wing span 14M
skill: starfighter piloting
Crew: Pilot and gunner Can be flown and fought by the pilot only.
Passengers: none
Cargo: 48kg
Space speed: 12
Consumables: 3 days
Cost: 350,000
Atmospheric speed: 675, 1800kmh
manuverability: 2D
Hull: 3D+2
Shields: 3D
Sensors:
Passive 25/1D Scan 60/2D Search 120 3D+1
Focus 15/5D

Weapons:
1 nose mounted Arricl-vulcus 20mm Chain gun
arc fwd
crew 1
f.cont 3D
Rof 6
range: 600m/1.4km/2.2km
Damage: each burst 5D+2 continuous fire 7D

2 Twin wingtip blaster cannons
Arc: Forward but can elevate / depress 25 degrees
Crew: 1
Scale: Star fighter
F. Cont: 2D
Range: 2/4/7
Atmospheric range: 200m/500m/1km
Damage: 3D+2

The delta dart looks like an elongated A-wing. As it uses powered down versions of the a wings’ laser cannons, and has more room, it has an increased sublight speed, shields and atmospheric speed. It unfortunately does not carry a hyperdrive, or Nav computer. As yet, the imperial overloards, have not used them against the Vong, but many are ‘itching’ to see what they can do against then. In all the simulations, they have out performed many of the new republic fighters when against Coral skippers and Vong frigate analogs. The onboard cargo space contains enough ammo for the chain gun for 16 continuous rounds of fire, or 36 bursts.

Deck
28 May 2001, 05:30 AM
<p align=justify>Wow! A quite powerful and fast starfighter design. Just a few thoughts...<ul><li>What scale is that Vulcan Cannon? As it is for atmospherical combat only, I would suggest making it speeder-scale. If damage is too low then, you could increase it a bit. But I think that 9D damage (speeder-scale) would be good enough, as you're not fighting capital ships in the atmosphere. ;)</li>
<li>The ship has quite powerful sensors. What exactly are they needed for? Hyperdrive-equipped ships for scouting duty usually have large sensor arrays...</li></ul>This are my thoughts. I'm sure it will be fun using that craft in a campaign. :)</p>

wolverine
28 May 2001, 05:49 AM
The vulcans are all speeder scale, but don't let that fool you about their effective ness. As for the sensors, the planet's rulers have no capitalo ships made, and the Imp's who rule there, have no spares to give them. The sensors were given to allow them to have a some what advance warning....

wolverine
11 October 2005, 06:57 PM
It has been a long while since this thread saw some views...

Any of our new members have thoughts on this??

Jedi_Shadow
11 October 2005, 07:11 PM
Seems really cheap for being that freaking sweet...

It's fast, it's tough, and it packs a mean punch. Buy yours today before they raise prices!

Tonyx
11 October 2005, 07:56 PM
I agree that it is a little cheap for what you are getting. I think that I would enjoy getting into one to fly it around. They are fast and fairly powerful. I would hate to run into a squad of these.

wolverine
12 October 2005, 03:00 AM
Well, when the vulcan runs out of ammo, it is just left with 2 blaster cannons... heck a tie fighter is more damaging. And yes, it does have good speed, but the lack of hyperdrive, and nav comp (plus a place for a droid) is a severe dampner on it.

And i don't know where you are saying it's cheep. The Tie Interceptor is only 125,000 credits, the Bwing is 220,000 credits.

wolfe
12 October 2005, 10:52 AM
had problems sending you a private message.. so i'll just ask here..

for MY own benefit is that 20mm a rotary weapon (ala vulcan) or a chaingun..
(yes there is a huge difference)
was going with single barreled image until you mentioned vulcan in later posts.

I'm sure nobody else here cares about a technical detail, just asking for my personal benefit..( hense the PM attempt)

wolverine
13 October 2005, 12:18 AM
Rotary... Take a look over on SWAG.....

wolfe
13 October 2005, 01:47 PM
and a pic too...... thank you sir..

wolverine
13 October 2005, 09:42 PM
So everyone else can see what he is on about, here is a link to the part of SWAG where the pic is..

http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=552&screen=8&action=search&selectcat=request&date=&type=search