PDA

View Full Version : Holiday special: Buy 1, Get 1 free

Admiral Zaarin
20 November 2007, 09:27 AM
Wizards is having a "holiday special" (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=holiday) by selling Starship Battles boosters buy 1, get 1 free at participating stores. If you're still looking for starships, now would be a good time. ;)

Stratos
20 November 2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Sithspawn
21 November 2007, 03:38 AM
Hmm? It wouldn't be because they can't sell them would it. :rolleyes:

SSB has obviously not been as much a winner for WOTC as the regular SWMs. This is the only set I have not completed. The minis are okay but c'mon, the rules pretty much suck. Unless you House Rule range & targeting it's just a dice rolling exercise, which is a shame because I was expecting so much more. If they fixed the rules I would play the game, as it stands what minis I have sit in a tin doing nothing :(

Thomas
21 November 2007, 07:25 AM
as long as they don't decide to cancel the line like they did so many other minis sets, I happen to like the SSB line because I finally have something other than cheap paper cutouts for my ships.

Admiral Zaarin
21 November 2007, 03:46 PM
The minis are okay but c'mon, the rules pretty much suck
Granted I've only played standard minis once, but I personally liked the starship minis, for the actual game itself, better. Just my opinion. But since I don't really play either and use my minis as collectibles/RPG tools, my opinion doesn't really matter...

Sithspawn
21 November 2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin

Granted I've only played standard minis once, but I personally liked the starship minis, for the actual game itself, better. Just my opinion. But since I don't really play either and use my minis as collectibles/RPG tools, my opinion doesn't really matter...
You're wrong! Your opinion does matter. :)
If you are buying the product then your opinion on the product is just as valid as a collector as those that play the SSB game.

I've started RPGing again so should get to use my minis for that. And if only for RPG use I want the line to continue myself. I believe there is a planned SSB release in 2008.

Admiral Zaarin
23 November 2007, 10:57 AM
Nice. :) I could definitely use some more starships, particularly capital ships, for some of the space battles I plan to run soon. :)

Gulor
5 December 2007, 02:01 PM
The problem I've found with this "deal" is that my local retailers don't know about it. They haven't been sent extra product to make into freebies, or told how to get reimbursed.

In fact, the guy at my local store didn't even KNOW about this promotion until I pointed him to the website.

LordSei
5 December 2007, 03:52 PM
The problem I've found with this "deal" is that my local retailers don't know about it. They haven't been send extra product to make into freebies, or told how to get reimbursed.

Ditto, the same exact thing with my store...:(
otherwise i would be much happier

Admiral Zaarin
5 December 2007, 06:05 PM
I'd best check with MY local store...

Thomas
5 December 2007, 08:05 PM
ditto

Admiral Zaarin
7 December 2007, 07:19 PM
I asked at my local gamestore and he said he's not certain. :? I don't know if that's a bad sign that they don't have it, or that maybe the store's owner should inform his employees of what sales are going on...

Evil overlord
10 December 2007, 12:54 PM
For some odd, reason, the store I go to has the D&D sale, along with the Axis & Allies one, but they aren't doing the Starships one. Really wacko.