PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Hoth Scenario Pack

Admiral Zaarin
29 November 2007, 11:33 AM
Is it out yet? I was just curious about it, so I tried to look it up on Target's website, and I didn't find anything.

Sithspawn
30 November 2007, 11:56 AM
I heard people are finding it difficult to find. Apparently Target are not putting them on the shelves but probably have thim in the back if you ask for them.

It's been out over here in the UK for a month now.

I just love General Veers Hologram, and Blizzard Scout 1 is pretty useful too. I just had a 500pt game with Blizzard Scout supporting the AT-AT. Flanking Fire was so useful! B)

Admiral Zaarin
30 November 2007, 06:35 PM
So what figures are in it? Wizards just says "17 pre-determined figures," which doesn't tell me much.

Donovan Morningfire
1 December 2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
I heard people are finding it difficult to find. Apparently Target are not putting them on the shelves but probably have thim in the back if you ask for them.
Pretty stupid of them, but I may have to recheck the local Targets to see if this is the case.

Edit: Well tried it, but what really ain't helping matters is that Hasbro released an action figure exclusive also called Battle of Hoth. And one particularly thick half-wit tried to convince me that they were the same thing, even when showing him that the box he was holding and the picture from WotC's website were two entirely different things.

Thomas
3 December 2007, 07:11 AM
anybody know if one can get this in Canada by any chance. I thought I saw on the website and when I followed the link, it said U.S. only?

Evil overlord
3 December 2007, 12:57 PM
I got one, and it was in the Collectibales section, not the toys. Here are the figures.

Darth Vader, Imperial Commander
Blizzard Scout 1
Holographic Genreal Veers
2 Snowtroopers (A&E, RS scuplts)
Elite Snowtrooper
Snowtrooper with Repeating Blaster
Princess Liea, Hoth Commander
Luke and Han on Tautans
2 Hoth Troopers
2 Elite Rebel troopers(A&E, rs sculpts)
Rebel leader
Hoth Trooper with Atgar Cannon
Snowspeeder

It cost $60, but mine also came with an Bonus Bounty Hunters pack, so I don't know how much it is elsewhere.

Admiral Zaarin
3 December 2007, 01:34 PM
If it's around $30 or $40, I might have to look into that. :)

Donovan Morningfire
4 December 2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
I got one, and it was in the Collectibales section, not the toys. Here are the figures.
Guess I'll have to check out that section of the store. Every other time I've looked for SWM stuff at Target, it's been amongst the CCGs, which are themselves amongst the toy section.

Thomas
7 December 2007, 02:39 PM
so what would you say is the average price for this. I want to get my hands on it through a relative and I need to know how much it will cost to get it?

Evil overlord
10 December 2007, 12:50 PM
I would say around $40 dallors, as it does have two huges in it, so if you count each faction as the eqiuvelnt of one huge pack $40-45 would be correct. Of course if lighsabers are the reason prices are so high normally (compared to D&D), then Hologram Veers could make it go higher. On an unrelated note, my copy is being held hostage untill christmas, so can anyone give me stats for Veers and the AT-ST?

Thomas
10 December 2007, 09:46 PM
cool, I'll have to put down for probably $80 then given S&H.

Stratos
11 December 2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
I would say around $40 dallors, as it does have two huges in it, so if you count each faction as the eqiuvelnt of one huge pack $40-45 would be correct. Of course if lighsabers are the reason prices are so high normally (compared to D&D), then Hologram Veers could make it go higher. On an unrelated note, my copy is being held hostage untill christmas, so can anyone give me stats for Veers and the AT-ST?

Go here and type in the set and item number and stats will appear for any mini == http://www.swshoebox.com/miniFinder.cfm

cheshire
11 December 2007, 05:11 AM
The Minis Finder has been lagging quite a bit lately. No Rebels and Imperials, no Force Unleashed, no Hoth pack.

I've sometimes been able to read the stat card off of eBay auctions. I would take a look there in a couple of days.

Gulor
12 December 2007, 03:52 PM
Here is my good deed for the week:

If you live in Los Angeles, the West Hollywood Target has at least three copies of this, bundled with the Bounty Hunters booster.

Admiral Zaarin
12 December 2007, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately, my Target has it bundled with the Bounty Hunters boosters and the $60 price tag. A good deal, probably, but more than I'm willing to spend. Too bad.

Donovan Morningfire
13 December 2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
Unfortunately, my Target has it bundled with the Bounty Hunters boosters and the $60 price tag. A good deal, probably, but more than I'm willing to spend. Too bad.
From what I'm hearing, every Target is doing this. Probably doing it either because they have aging stock of BH boosters and see this as a good way to get them out the door.

While not so great for the collector-types, it's not too bad for those just getting into the game, as the extra booster gives them a few more figures in one package (though it does jack up the price as you noted).