PDA

View Full Version : What would you love to see crossed over....

wolverine
23 August 2001, 04:25 AM
OK, now we have everyone's fave other Sci fi stuff. Now If you could see 1 thing from those realms imported into SW, what would it be (think crossover).....

Rigil Kent
23 August 2001, 06:02 AM
The Coming of Shadows from B5, man. They would kick the Vong's ass, righteously!

jedibrass
23 August 2001, 09:02 AM
I'd like to see Starfleet and the Klingon Empire come over to the SW realm. Now talk about kicking the Vong's butt, they'd send them away wishing they'd never even tried to invade. Heh heh heh an amphistaff couldn't even cut it against a Bat'leth (sp?). :-D

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Rinisari
23 August 2001, 09:17 AM
What about those huge worm thingys from Dune?

Vong: "What is this 'thing'?"
Worm: *gurgle*
Vong: "Get away from me!" *beats worm with amphistaff*
Worm: *growl*
Vong: "We are alike! We both hate everything else! No! Don't touch me! Get away! ACK!"
Worm: *jumps from ground*
Vong: *splat*
Worm: *yum*

Emperor Ferrettine
23 August 2001, 09:47 AM
Starcraft. Yes thats right. StarCraft. As in the game. In Brood War. The Protoss have that temple they use to irradicate the zerg, so they could do the same to the vong and teach those damn soulless fools that its not nice to invade other peoples homes.

VixenofVenus
23 August 2001, 09:59 AM
Crossover Idea . . . since Star Trek Voyager stole "The Predator" (in case you don't know they had a nomadic hunting species called 'the hunters') . . . it would be a really cool addition to the Star Wars universe I think - as long as you had a large chunk of their history and customs out there where we could get to it.

wolverine
23 August 2001, 11:09 AM
Transporter technology. Teleport a lot of explosives past their doval bassals....

jedibrass
23 August 2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Rinisari
What about those huge worm thingys from Dune?

Vong: "What is this 'thing'?"
Worm: *gurgle*
Vong: "Get away from me!" *beats worm with amphistaff*
Worm: *growl*
Vong: "We are alike! We both hate everything else! No! Don't touch me! Get away! ACK!"
Worm: *jumps from ground*
Vong: *splat*
Worm: *yum*

Only if the Vong naturally attracted the Worms. Oh and the worms don't hate eveything else, since they are able to live in coexistance with the Arakian (sp?) nomads. BUt it would be funny to see what would happen if the Vong shot at a shield from the Dune universe.

*BOOOOM* heh heh heh

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Needles
24 August 2001, 09:53 AM
Farscape, that would do for me...

Ziiteesh
24 August 2001, 10:15 AM
Hehehe...don't like technology, Mr. Vong? Meet the BORG. Of course they would have to be less powerful, lest they swallow the entire SW universe, but it would still be cool. (The Borg before First Contact , when they were a true hive mind)

Ziiteesh
24 August 2001, 10:16 AM
Although, Voltron would be pretty wicked as well.

Superdog
24 August 2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Ferrettine
Starcraft. Yes thats right. StarCraft. As in the game. In Brood War. The Protoss have that temple they use to irradicate the zerg, so they could do the same to the vong and teach those damn soulless fools that its not nice to invade other peoples homes.
My previous thread on Zerg (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=3367&highlight=Zerging)

Superdog
24 August 2001, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Ferrettine
Originally posted by Superdog

My previous thread on Zerg (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=3367&highlight=Zerging)

As for crossovers, Evil Dead counts as Sci-Fi, right? A little known Sith tome known as the Necromonicon might prove interesting...

Templar
24 August 2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by jedibrass
I'd like to see Starfleet and the Klingon Empire come over to the SW realm. Now talk about kicking the Vong's butt, they'd send them away wishing they'd never even tried to invade. Heh heh heh an amphistaff couldn't even cut it against a Bat'leth (sp?). :-D

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

<snort> That's a joke, right?

Okay, setting asside the relative tech debate, here's how that won't work:
Starfleet: would be too busy trying to negotiate with the Vong to notice that they have an ampistaff through their collective chests.
Klingons: Allow me to quote (spelling errors and all) from a source I can't remember (I think it was on these boards) "In a hand-tohand combat situation: a Klingon would be siting there recounting his linage and honor back to year dot while the Noghri would take out the Klingon, his ancessors, and start looking for more Klingons." and remember what happened when the Vong and Noghri clashed

Slavan K. Guiser
24 August 2001, 05:27 PM
Mecha. Defintely Mecha. Any kind, shape, or size. Nothing better than watching an Eva stomp on pitiful Vong, or watching large guns blowing up multiple ships. . .

Slavan

jedibrass
24 August 2001, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Templar

<snort> That's a joke, right?

Okay, setting asside the relative tech debate, here's how that won't work:
Starfleet: would be too busy trying to negotiate with the Vong to notice that they have an ampistaff through their collective chests.
Klingons: Allow me to quote (spelling errors and all) from a source I can't remember (I think it was on these boards) "In a hand-tohand combat situation: a Klingon would be siting there recounting his linage and honor back to year dot while the Noghri would take out the Klingon, his ancessors, and start looking for more Klingons." and remember what happened when the Vong and Noghri clashed

I can see you have stereotypical and totally distorted (so much so that its completely false) views of both Starfleet and the Klingon Empire. Starfleet would quickly see that negotiating with the Vong leads to Starfleet being backstabbed, then they start letting the Vong see what Quantum torpedos do to Vong ships. The Klingon Empire would attack the Vong right off and kick their mutilated butts out of the galaxy, THEN recount their honor and liniage adding in their victory over the Vong over a barrelt of Blood Wine AFTER the Vong are flung out of the galaxy.

Don't diss Starfleet or the Klingons unless you know what they'd actually do. Starfleet would treat the Vong like they were the Borg, and thats mercilessly. The klingons would see the Vong as dishonorable scum needing to be blasted into oblivion. Neither of them would EVER do as you say (not even in the ST universe, if starfleet and the Klingons both acted like as you say they wouldn't exist b/c the Romulans would've come in and vaporized thier butts while they were running their mouths).

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

wolverine
24 August 2001, 11:47 PM
Just for the and grins of it, hows about the TRANSFORMERS! Droids which are alive....

Bookmaker221
25 August 2001, 03:53 AM
If we're talking something to beat the crap out of the Vong (which I'd much like to see no matter how it is done), I say call in the SDF1. Lets see how they hold up to a couple hundred wings of VF-1Js. Then after about fifteen minutes of snubs being blown up by swarm missles, fire the main gun at their ships.

And though its not "SciFi", I've had this odd notion to create a SW incarnation of the Eternal Champion. The Champion could be a Jedi, Stormbringer would be his lightsaber (granted, a lightsaber that would suddenly twist in his grasp and kill whoevers standing next to him).

Wileama
25 August 2001, 05:40 AM
I would like to see a lot of things in the SW universe. Eva's or gundams would be cool. However the Borg would be cool. Some other star trek might not be bad. I would like to see b5. Oh and let us not forget Farscape. I actully did a cross over with that once. It was pretty poorly done, but I was new at being a gm.

Slavan K. Guiser
25 August 2001, 08:27 AM
Funny. I was jus thinking, but its not Sci-Fi, but I think that a crossover of the D&D magics would be awesome for a SW campaign. WOuld definitely give a whole lot more Force Powers. Let's see the Vong fight a dragon summoned through the Force. . .

Slavan

Templar
25 August 2001, 09:13 AM
You know, I hate to bust people's bubbles about the relative butt-kicking potential of the x-over sources, but consider this:

The tech in Star Wars is the result of 30K+ years of development, wars, and so forth.

Star Trek: 400 years. maybe

Babylon 5: 10K years (more or less, I can't remember how long the Mimbari have been spacefaring), or millions (vorlons and shadows)

Transformers: millions of years (I think, been a while since I saw anything but the movie)

can't really comment on the other suggestions (though Robotech is a few hundred to a few thousand, I think)

Wileama
25 August 2001, 03:53 PM
You see one of the problems with cross overs is that you can crossing two point of views. Some people think this while these think that. When gene rodembare first did star Trek they thought that by 1993 we would be manipulating DNA for genetic soldiers. That was realistic for the time. The vision of the future easily changes and is rarely correct. Why no one can see the future. It's all just educated guess. Who is to say that one person is wrong and one is right. Till we get to that point in the future.

Rinisari
25 August 2001, 07:41 PM
Transformers stuff could be rather easily done. I've written stats based off the Actionmasters line of Toys from the early '90s. Another thing that could be considered is the headmasters series...

Here's another cartoon:

Centurions

Anyone remember Ace, Jake, and Max?

Dr_Worm
25 August 2001, 07:45 PM
Yo baby give me some super heros. Marvel, Darkhorse, DC, what ever. Spawn would rock.

Oooooh...I just thought of something else. Anyone remember "Star Blazers". I would like to see the Vong react to the "Wave Motion Gun".

Superdog
25 August 2001, 08:58 PM
I think you guys may be "slightly" underestimating the Vong. They took over a quarter or so of the Galaxy for god's sake!

wolverine
26 August 2001, 06:12 AM
Beam down Skybolt, POWER SUPREME!

Rinisari
26 August 2001, 08:58 AM
Who remembers BRAVESTAR!

Strength of the Bear! Courage of the Lion! Speed of the Puma!

jedibrass
26 August 2001, 07:29 PM
Hey, how about this? Gundam series x-over. Talk about kicking the Vong's collective brASSes, but I'd like to see how they'd react to superior "infidels" using a combination of man and machine. As Sanders from Gundam 08th MS Team once commented in the series' second episode called "Gundams in the Jungle":

So this is the power of a Gundam.

Even if the dovin bassels were able to swallow beam shots and 100 caliber machine gun fire (FWAHAHAHAHAHA, imagining a machine gun with that power makes me want one *drool* :-p), they'd never be able to handle a beam saber through the belly. I mean, Anakin's Lightsaber's crystal was destroyed doing so, BUT Gundam Beam sabers are a bit more easily replaced.

-thats it, now I'm going to bed. First day of my senior HS starts tomorrow, so I need to get me rest. :raised::rolleyes:YAY:rolleyes::raised:

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Slavan K. Guiser
26 August 2001, 08:17 PM
Just right now, Ha ha JB. I have another week! :D

Tell ya the truth, I would love to see Voltron rain down some havoc upon the Vong's Ghetto Booty!

Yeah, Voltron, first anime I ever watched, back when I was only knee-high to a grasshopper . . .

Anyway, Voltron was the original butt-whoopin' combination super robot! I even had all the lions at one point in time. Those were the days. . .

Slavan

Fred Getce
26 August 2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by jedibrass
Don't diss Starfleet or the Klingons unless you know what they'd actually do. Starfleet would treat the Vong like they were the Borg, and thats mercilessly. The klingons would see the Vong as dishonorable scum needing to be blasted into oblivion. Neither of them would EVER do as you say (not even in the ST universe, if starfleet and the Klingons both acted like as you say they wouldn't exist b/c the Romulans would've come in and vaporized thier butts while they were running their mouths).

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Ok if we go strictly by Star Trek canon and NOT EU. Starfleet would never win. Why? :?

Star Trek: The Next Generation never had a war, except the one from Yesterday's Enterprise (which never happened in the "true" timeline) and they were 6 months from being defeated by the Klingons. And in that version Starfleet was a military organization instead of a explorer organization.

However Deep Space Nine shows us TWO wars and how Starfleet faired.

Against the Klinons they never won, they used their oratory skills to CONVINCE the Klingons that fighting was wrong, yada yada yada, so the Klingons called off the war and re-signed the Khitomer Accords (an alliance against the Dominion).

Against the Jem'Hadar, once again they didn't WIN by completely destroying or crushing their enemies in military actions. Odo convinced the Changeling on Cardassia to stop the VIOLENCE and end the war.

Gene Rodenberry made clear that humans in his universe felt they were above such petty things as violence. Against races that use violence as a means of life will always tear them a new one everytime, everytime. The Vong would never "stop the violence" just because starfleet asked them and since they would not have ANY form of bargaining chips against the Vong, the Feds were put up a glorious struggle but would be destroyed in the end.

The Klingons could possibly do it, but they are more of a berzerker than strategists and this is going by canon stuff only. Gowron said it best when the Jem'Hadar stopped their glorious war against the Cardassians.

"Now we return to our space. Fortify our borders and prepare for armagending." -Gowron

Gowron knows Klingons were in trouble in a massive, spread-out-with-multiple-front-line-battles, across space against the Jem'Hadar. Against the Vong they would have only one chance and that would be to force the Vong to fight them on their terms and we all know the Vong would not comply.

Now I love Star Trek (don't get me wrong or view my post as a personal attack against you or Star Trek, but the evidence is in the eps) and from what I have read and scene of the new show, it may do well if not great.

So I will watch Star Trek: Enterprise. :D

Wileama
26 August 2001, 08:38 PM
VOLTRON KICKS MAJOR BOOTY! I can't believe you had all the lions slava. anyway about the star trek thing. I said this in the past. It's two diffrenet points of view on the future. You just don't have an easy time comparing it.

Kamar Toi
27 August 2001, 04:29 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Wheel of Time series crossed over. You'd get all sorts of cool force powers, and Blademasters would do well against the vong.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
27 August 2001, 05:35 AM
I think it would be kinda cool to cross overAnachronox. I dunno how you would do it, but it would be kinda cool.

Form1
27 August 2001, 07:02 AM
Alfred: Yea, that's a cool game. Haven't bought the full yet - just played the demo - but it's painfully cool.

I'd love to see the JLA or the X-men vs the vong... heh...

Or perhaps the Incredible Hulk.

Dave

Slavan K. Guiser
27 August 2001, 07:33 AM
At one point in time, a long time ago, I did have all the lions. I wish I could remember what happened to them. I might have broken them or whatever. I was such a long time ago. . .

Anyway, Let's see some console stuff I would love to see crossed over:

Chronotrigger: Duh, probably the coolest RPG ever. The robot would be so awesome to have as an NPC.

Super Mario Bros: Just what we need Plumbers of the Universe! (They have actually made a sneak appearance in one of my campaigns. The fresher was clogged so . . .. )

Gradius: Any one of them would be cool for ships.

Megaman: The entire series was so cool, wht fun you could have with that!!!

Joust: What could be more entertaining than a lava planet where people must ride ostriches to get around? :D

FF6, 7, 8: Here we see more technology and less fantasy. Would definitely get my go. Magitek, the Big Cannon, and Gunblades would be killer if converted.

Fred Getce
27 August 2001, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Slavan K. Guiser
At one point in time, a long time ago, I did have all the lions. I wish I could remember what happened to them. I might have broken them or whatever. I was such a long time ago. . .

Several years ago, they released them in a anniversary sale at Toys R' Us for $17.99. Bought mine and it is still in the box in the attic in safe keeping. :D

Just don't cross the vehicle Voltron, ick! I never could stomach that show. The movie was cool though.

Superdog
27 August 2001, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ALFRED_THE_EWOK
I think it would be kinda cool to cross overAnachronox. I dunno how you would do it, but it would be kinda cool.

Ya, everytime a player dies he comes back as a LIfeCursor and annoys the bajeezus out of all the other players and mocks them at every turn! lol :D:D

Lokar
27 August 2001, 04:38 PM
Hey, thanks for quoting me Templar. ;) Back to topic.

Evas, Gundams, and Voltron: Oh yes!!!! It would be great to see gaint robots running amok throught the Vong. I doubt that a dovin bassels could stand up to the Wing Zero.

Robotech (my first of anime) would also be a good force. Hundreds upon hundreds of Valkires flying close air partol for the Marcoss as it closes in a Vong fleet.

Another great idea is Megaman, Transformers, or the Terminator vs the Vong. They be going nuts over living machines. Heck even Melfena and XPG would give them a good run for their money.

Lokar
27 August 2001, 05:57 PM
For laughs I'd like to see the gang from Dragon Ball Z or the Sailor Scouts go up against the Vong.

Farliner
27 August 2001, 11:25 PM
For laughs I'd like to see the gang from Dragon Ball Z or the Sailor Scouts go up against the Vong.

"Shudders" I do hope that Wong would do a service to the universe and wipe them out.:D (Never was a big fan of anime..."set flame shield ON")

Bookmaker221
28 August 2001, 06:37 AM
Lets bring the Xenomorphs from the Alien series into the fray. We'll see how the Vong handle a biological threat that canabalizes their own genetic code. Barring that funky alien at the end of Ressurection, of course.

Moff Neomen
28 August 2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Farliner

"Shudders" I do hope that Wong would do a service to the universe and wipe them out.:D (Never was a big fan of anime..."set flame shield ON")

Dragonball Z: We can only hope they'd all get blasted :p.

Sailor Moon: If this were a few years ago, I'd be defending them. It isn't however, so I have no comment. :p

Other anime characters though...Vash the Stampede would be pretty good against 'em...maybe even Captain Tylor, since he's had lots of experience dealing with alien armadas :D.

Bolt Crank from Eat-Man 98 though...he'd kick the Vong's ass just by showin up!

::looks around to see if anyone knows who he's talking about::

Slavan K. Guiser
28 August 2001, 01:59 PM
Moff Neomen's eyes Catch those of Slavan. . .

First off, The Humanoid Typhoon would be wonderful, but Knives and Nick D. WolfWood would also be awesome. One cannot forget Stun Gun Millie and Derringer Merril.

Second: Don't you think Captain Tylor is a bit Irresponsible for something like leading an armada? Even though he does have experience with the aliens. . .

Eat-man 98: Oh yeah, being able to brandish any metallic object from your right hand is awesome. Definitely a plus if going to attack the Vong from the inside. Nothing like being captured and then brandishing a blaster into the gut of the beast ;)

Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon: The Vong aren't that mean!!!! That's just cruel and unusual punishment. 8o 8o

Rinisari
28 August 2001, 06:18 PM
I want to see Benjamin St. John go against the Vong. He alone could take out prolly half the Praetorite...

Moff Neomen
29 August 2001, 06:51 AM
Whoohoo! Another obscure anime fan :D.

Hehehe...why would Bolt stop at a blaster? Give him a whole bunch of mechanical parts, leave him for a while to eat it, and then have him bring out a Death Star! 8o ;)

Actually, we had a character idea of bringing Bolt into an NJO campaign...could never agree on the rules though, so he was unfortuanetly dropped :p

Lesse here...others that could do it...

Motoko Kusanagi and Section 9...the Vong'd hate her, she's almost all machine :D. Plus the opto-cam and their battle suits...hehe...

Yakumo from 3x3 eyes...he'd kick butt simply because the Vong could never kick his! He'd just keep reforming himself until they run away...

Pat-Fett
30 August 2001, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see what kind of chaos Aliens would reek in the SW universe.

Farliner
31 August 2001, 07:16 AM
I'd like to see what kind of chaos Aliens would reek in the SW universe.

Probably not too much... tech used by Company and Colonial Marines in Alien movies are not even worthy of menthioning in comparision to SW technology - if that "Alien invasion" would take place during Empire, as soon as the problem would arose on one planet, Imps would respond with System-wide blockade and orbital bombardment, as result - we got a LOTS of fresh-fried aliens. During Post -Empire period that gets a little trickier, due to the lack of centralised gevernment and more "soft" politics of NR, who would hestitate to bomb planet into oblivion because of Alien infestation, althoug, I belive, as soon as they would learn that there is little they could possibly do clense the system otherwise, they would probably send down evac shuttles and transfer rescued people via the spacesuits to a rescue transports and THEN bomb the planet. That is, if they won't manage to find something that can kill off the aliens without sterilising entire planet. Or, they send in a single Jedi who takes control of the Alien Queen and kindly asks them to gather in a single place, then pot them all in trance and ship them off to soem far-away world ort somethign like that.

jedibrass
31 August 2001, 09:16 AM
I think an awsome crossover would be the Gods from the movie Big Wars (their contagious subversion plague would turn all the Vong against themselves).

Or even better would be Geist from M.D. Geist and M.D. Geist II: Death Force. Yeah, I know the two movies weren't all that great, but hey . . . the Directors Cut verstion of M.D. Geist was the most censor free you could ever get (same with Big Wars). Man, Geist would kick the Vong's collective brASSes alone. I mean he survived gaping open wounds to vital organs and was still able to fight w/ those wounds bleeding (he got shot right in the head and the wound was obvious and he lived fine). Heh heh heh, DIE Vong scum. :-D

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

wolverine
31 August 2001, 10:44 AM
While not Sci fi, how's about a large group of werecreatures, from White-wolf's game line?!?

Man the umbra would be whackked....

FULONGAMER
31 August 2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Rinisari
Here's another cartoon:

Centurions

Anyone remember Ace, Jake, and Max?

Duuuude, I've been trying to remember the name for that show for YEARS. Very Kewl.

And that Staff rocked.

On other obscure notes, Jace and the Wheeled Warriors was cheesy, but had intertesting applications, as do Silverhawks.

Of course, no SciFi conversion is complete without a small electronic book in a hard plastic cover that says....DON'T PANIC!

Rinisari
31 August 2001, 08:12 PM
I remember having dreams about being the fourth centurion. Max was water, Jake was land, and Ace was air. I was going to be all three - a sort of mutant machine man. I met Crystal (the happy beam-the-big-guns-down lady), wooed her, and ended up marrying her. I took down the badguy all by myself!

Must find Centurions Memorabilia...

On the crossover topic, what about the funny little sadistic rock pummeling large toothed aliens from Galaxy Quest? Imagine 100 of those versus a Vong!

Toothy: "What is that?"
Vong: "What? What sort of trickery is this?"
Rocky: "I don't know!"
Vong: "Why are you looking at me that way? DIE!"
Toothy: "Let's hit it with a rock!" *heave*
Vong: "AAAAAAAAAAAA!" *gets pummeled by rocks*

Dr_Worm
31 August 2001, 10:10 PM
First of all I got no response to my idea of Star Blazers. Am I the only one who religously watched this space soap opera. It was a contemporary of Robotech. Oh well.

Another thought...What about some Imp cruising through space and encountering a naked silver man on a surf board. Talk about blowing some minds.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing more cyberpunk aspects, from the Neuromancer series of novels. Who wants to jack in?

Rigil Kent
1 September 2001, 08:12 AM
Man, no one has mentioned Doctor Who! Who wants to see the Daleks fighting the Vong? The Cybermen? The Master?

I just want to see the expression on Luke's face when a Police Box materializes in his quarters. :D

Argent Darklighter
1 September 2001, 07:16 PM
I would be agreeing with a couple of people on this thread when I say put in Gundam.

wolverine
2 September 2001, 07:58 AM
THough this suggestion is not sci fi, it gives even me shivers when i think of it....

A large group of KENDER AND TINKER GNOMES (from dragon lance for those who don't know what they are)....

Tremamundo
2 September 2001, 12:36 PM
You know with all this talk about Voltron, Gundam, Robotech and all the others that could kick the Vong's butts out of the galaxy no has mentioned the ultimate weapon, the most deadly force in the universe, a source of destruction unstoppable, uncontrolable, yes we are talking about Kei and Yuri...

RUN VONG, here comes the Dirty Pair!

hehe
Just had to add that.

Argent Darklighter
3 September 2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Tremamundo
RUN VONG, here comes the Dirty Pair!

NOOOOO!! Not that! We actually want the rest of the galaxy to SURVIVE!!!!! 8o The last thing I want to see is Corellia imploding with Kei and Yuri flying away screaming: "It's not our fault!"

jedibrass
3 September 2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Argent Darklighter
NOOOOO!! Not that! We actually want the rest of the galaxy to SURVIVE!!!!! 8o The last thing I want to see is Corellia imploding with Kei and Yuri flying away screaming: "It's not our fault!"

Optomist. They'd more likely cause Coruscant to explode w/ the Vong on the planet: one Vong, the rest human. Then Kei would be escaping out of there holding onto an evac transport's landing leg and Yuri hanging onto Kei's leg w/ Kei screaming "Quit hanging onto me!"

Heh heh heh, or an even better Vong killer would be Shooting Star from Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of a hero knight. :D Pathetic Vong, you shall be better meat than the humans! Heh heh heh, how would you like your Vong cooked sir Dragon who gaurds the Sceptor of Domination? Rare, Medium Rare, Done, Well Done, or Black & Crispy? :D

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Tremamundo
4 September 2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Argent Darklighter

Under the heading of to terrible to think about, the Dirty Pair somehow end up in the Corellian systems, on Ceterpoint Station. Am I just the only one who sees the entire galaxy doomed as the Yuri figures out how to hot wire it and Kei uses it like a giant lightsaber against the Vong and whatever else is around?

SNAP-Hiss...Oops, well they didn't need that stellar arm...Your other left Kei!!!

Argent Darklighter
4 September 2001, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tremamundo

Under the heading of to terrible to think about, the Dirty Pair somehow end up in the Corellian systems, on Ceterpoint Station. Am I just the only one who sees the entire galaxy doomed as the Yuri figures out how to hot wire it and Kei uses it like a giant lightsaber against the Vong and whatever else is around?

Then, of course, Mugi is going to have a hand in it all. Watch for the flying fur in the bassels!!

wolverine
4 September 2001, 08:26 PM
OK! ENOUGH OF THE ANIME!!!!!!

Let's get this thread back on somewhat of a stable path.....

Darien_Shadowfyre
5 September 2001, 06:17 AM
Hmm would love to see the Scarrans from Farscape and the Vong slug it out. Or better yet, the Ancients. <EG> Wormhole weapons anyone?

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Gundams versus the Vong. If Wing Zero's cannon can destroy a space colony in one shot, I just get giddy thinking what it would do to a Vong ship.

And if you want REALLY obscure anime, anyone seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes? How many think Admiral Lohengramm is Thrawn's long lost brother? He could kick the Vong out in about a month!!

FlipDog 2000
5 September 2001, 06:51 AM
OK! ENOUGH OF THE ANIME!!!!!!

Good call bud! Its like asking the age old question of who would win a fight beyween Superman and Mighty Mouse. Not mention that I am sick of every stupid cartoon being Japanese Animation, what happened to the good old days? Where is the classic American amimation, like Transformers, The Tick, Sam and Max, and favs like that? I demand a recount!!!

Moff Neomen
5 September 2001, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by FlipDog 2000

Good call bud! Its like asking the age old question of who would win a fight beyween Superman and Mighty Mouse. Not mention that I am sick of every stupid cartoon being Japanese Animation, what happened to the good old days? Where is the classic American amimation, like Transformers, The Tick, Sam and Max, and favs like that? I demand a recount!!!

What about this thread ISN'T about the age old fight? Is there a fundamental difference between "The Shadows would kick the Vong's butt" and "The Dirty Pair would kick the Vong's butt?" Isn't that the point of this whole thing? ;)

As a side note, I love certain American animation...The Tick and Sam and Max are awesome!! I think I heard somewhere that the Transformers were orginially Japanese though...but they're ok too (I actually got a DVD of a couple episodes for a laugh) ;). It's just that most American animation ticks me off...I seriously can't think of a good example of it beyond those, except for maybe the Batman series from the 90s (not this more recent crap :P).

FlipDog 2000
5 September 2001, 08:40 AM
Yeah, but who WOULD win that age old fight?
And I think you're right about Transformers, but I remember it NOT being in Anime style. However, I think that it's coming back, but in Anime. Ahh...whachagonnado?

Moff Neomen
5 September 2001, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by FlipDog 2000
Yeah, but who WOULD win that age old fight?

Mighty Mouse, of course :D.

Yoda like guy
5 September 2001, 01:09 PM
Hey how do you think they would stand aganst Q?

FlipDog 2000
7 September 2001, 06:51 AM
Ahhhhh....heathen, how dare you speak of Star Trek in here!!!!! j/k sorry, thats the reaction I get when I talk about it in a SW discussion group.

My opinion is that Mighty Mouse would still win.:D

Wileama
7 September 2001, 01:03 PM
Now what about underdog? :D

Anyway moving on to Q. lets see... There are to many options. Throw a ship into the heart of borg space, send the next one into a black hole, simple remove the next one form time and space, Age on ship and it's contents 2.5 trillion years. There are just so many options. It would make for a cool video for sure :D

Yorcampaign
2 May 2002, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know of a site that has cross over stats for Robotech/Macross mecha for Star Wars d6? Please e-mail me @ SWRPG@bellsouth.net. Thanks...

REG
3 May 2002, 01:42 AM
Crossover?

Andromeda - Magog
Star Trek - Borg and Jem'Hadar
Earth: Final Conflict - Atavus and Jaridian
Battlestar Galactica - Cylons

You can never have enough allies ... helping the Yuuzhan Vong, not the Republic.

** flashes a wicked :D **

horn1974
3 May 2002, 10:21 AM
i know its anime but i would love to see Star blazers ,spacebattleship yamato(argo in the us)with its" wavemotion canon "not as powerful as the DS superlaser but im sure it would bloody the vongs noses real good. "

Jaggard
3 May 2002, 05:08 PM
I'm of the opinion of a previous vote. The most devastating attack we could send to the Vong. Kender and Gnomes.
I think those guys could use your help."
"Ah they got mad when I found a spot on one of their world ships that caused it to stop in space. I didn't mean for it to develope Narco... Nicro..."
"Narcolepsy?"
"Yeah that's it."
"Hey, where did you get that?"
"What? This, I found it. I was going to give it to Thedesignerofadvancedpowersourcesforuseitweaponsandspacecraft. He's making a new drive that's more powerful the fusion or antimater. It involves pouring anti-septic into a septic tank."
"Shut up and give me my lightsaber back. Oh, by the force what is that smell?"
"Oh that's Bupu making dinner. She searched all day in the sewers for the ingrediants so be nice." Gully Dwarf cooking <shiver>

But since I'm not a fan of the whole Vong thing, I care less about who can kick the vongs butt and what would just plain be intresting to see in the star wars galaxy.
How about Jedi Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2), Or the same idea but of a sci-fi bent Birdy the Mighty Jedi.
Marvels Phalanx Covenant would be a nightmare.
But the super hero ideas that I think would work best in SW would be Wild Cards or Abberant (Which is an RPG).

How about The Matrix. Or some things from Books (the things with little flexible screens you have to turn over to see the rest of the stories)
Like work by Larry Niven: The smoke ring, ring world, or Gil the Arm.
Anne McCaffery: The Hive and Tower (Rowan, Damia, ect.), Pern, Freedom series.
Heinlein, Asimov, ect.

But by far I'd like to see organisations of force adepts get spilled into the universe. The Benegezerate (sp?), and The guild steersmen. Along with Fremen warriors, Mentats, and the empires elite (i can't spell it). The Dune universe by far would fit best and would be coolest IMHO.

Just to brag I did at one point mix many Sci-fi and some fantasy settings into a universe. The biggest part of which was SW. It was fun If you want I can post it.

Grand Admiral Jason
3 May 2002, 06:08 PM
Just add in the MechWarriors, Gundam, ect., ect.
Yeah, let's see how well the Ving do against the invincible Q. All the Q have to do is flick there fingers, and poof, the Vong are gone for ever.

Vong: Waht is that?!!
Wing 0: jsut bring it!! *fires twin buster cannon at Vong ship*
Vong: Ah, Help us were sinking!!
Wing 0: He, he, he, he!!

zethzooken
4 May 2002, 06:42 AM
I don't know about you guys, but what about Magnetto from Marvel? Go up to some people and just rip the iron from there bodies.

And Andromida, totally, I could totaly see the vong getting so screwed. How many other ships,by themselves, can make a planet completly void of life in 2 min.? All they would have to do is go to the vong homeworld and drop a nova bomb.

Lokar
4 May 2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by zethzooken
And Andromida, totally, I could totaly see the vong getting so screwed. How many other ships,by themselves, can make a planet completly void of life in 2 min.? All they would have to do is go to the vong homeworld and drop a nova bomb.

"Commence primary igination!"

B)

REG
4 May 2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Jaggard

I'm of the opinion of a previous vote. The most devastating attack we could send to the Vong. Kender and Gnomes.
I doubt it. Kender will sense fear in the presence of the Yuuzhan Vong, if they have not felt this emotion for the first time back on Krynn.

As for the gnomes, bribe them. Once the Yuuzhan Vong captures the planet, the resource is theirs. Give gnomes the resource to continue their alchemical research projects.

khalen penn
4 May 2002, 04:22 PM
I used the stargate out of SG 1 in a pre EP1 dark jedi campaign as a means of travel between a set number of planets

12 being the number some gates still worked some didnt
dameged gates landing you in a random location

it worked verry well

madpoet
4 May 2002, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see how well the RDF, Zentradi or the Invid would fare against the YV. I don't think they'd win, but it would be a hell of a fight! B) But you never know, the YV might kill themselves if they had to listen to Min May singing that horrible song over and over again. :mad:

Jaggard
4 May 2002, 07:28 PM
Actually what just occured to me was that with some tweaking some of the marvel stuff could fit very well.
Think about it during the jedi purge the empire employs the aide of some twisted beings who hunt Jedi using Hounds (like Rachel Summers, Pheonix 2), these poor tormented former jedi and force adepts are totured and mutilated and drugged till their humanity is suppressed or destroyed and then used to hunt down others like themselves. This also allows for Force powers to be given more liberty to develope certain mutant like abilities but doing so means that that special talent is all that they can weild. Or force adepts learn to do things on their own but are unable to learn other tricks. Flash forward to the future Where The mother askani raises the askani son, who will lead the freedom fighters against the Dark Lord Apocalypse. Flash back to the day when Jedi/mutants where more common and worked to protect the galaxy.
I kinda like this idea, then you can have an age of Apocalypse infinities. It gives me so many great ideas and chills too.
(just an idea to split up these two topics, what if somebody wrote a supplement or guide that let you play in some of Lucases ruff drafts, with everybody weilding laser swords and The Jedi Bogan Fighting an Aquelian [sp?] ranger)
How about blade Runner. Renegade Human Replicant droids. Bounty hunter. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner.
At least one person has a Highlander/SW mix as their signature, but that might be intresting if hard to play. If you can't kill the jedi what's the fun?
WARNING: manga and anime ideas- Bubble Gum Crisis, or (Dah, da, da, daaah) Warriors of the Wind.

That's it for tonight maybe more later.

ChissRaptor
5 May 2002, 11:27 AM
I wonder how well the Vong would stand up to a Dragon Slave.......

heh. I know, sorry, more anime, and it's not quite sci fi, but hey...no one mentioned it yet. Yes.....Eva's would rule....any mecha.....pow.....Maybe Starfow..nah, he'd be blown out of the sky in 2 seconds. Ok, I'd just want to see a Vong try to shrug off a hit from the Positron rifle in EVA......hehehe.....

DasBoot
5 May 2002, 11:46 AM
I'd like to see Godzilla get dropped somewhere. Maybe on Tatooine, Godzilla stomps Mos Eisley, fights a Krayt Dragon, knocks over a Sandcrawler.

Bookmaker221
6 May 2002, 12:24 PM
Stalin. Star Wars needs more fascists.

khalen penn
6 May 2002, 01:08 PM
HOBBITS FOR JAWAS OR/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]JAWAS FOR HOBBITS

AND THE RING WAS LOST AGAIN TO BE FOUND THIS TIME BY A YOUNG JAWA NAMED BILBO

I WOULD BE OUT OF MY MIND IF I HAD A MIND TO BE OUT OF

reliant
8 May 2002, 12:04 PM
What about warhammer 40K? I would love to see a couple squads of space marine terminators vs the vong.

tink tink tink
"uh commander, they seem to be throwing bugs at us"
"warm up the powerfists boys, it's vong squashing time"

Nothing would be better (in my mind) than the look on a vong commander's face when some space marines came tearing through the hull (with lightning claws) and proceded to turn the place to coral scrap...

Or better yet, PLAGUE MARINES!!! The vong advance only to find that their organic weapons and armor are dying (or worse being corrupted) and slowly it all turns on them and kills them...

Vong: Silly humans relying on pathetic metal armor to protect them!
Plague marines: Gurgle (throw blight grenades)
Vong: Holy sh*t! Why did my ampistaph just turn to mush? And why am I melting?

Let's not forget the Korne Berserkers: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

:D

beyond hope
13 May 2002, 04:30 AM
This caught my eye because I was already working on D20 conversions of the Star Trek ships and equipment. My plan was to run it as a Dark Side campaign... for those who have a soft spot in their hearts for the Federation, you could always use the New Republic and drop them into the mirror universe instead where they'll have plenty of Imperials to keep them busy.

The new one I thought I'd add would be FASA's Battletech. If you use either the Star League era or the Clans, you have warships that at least match an ISD for size (if not necessarily for power) as well as fighter craft that should be competitive against TIEs and ground forces that should give AT-ATs a run for their money. Hyperspace will of course be a problem, since jumpships can only cover 30 light-years in a single jump.

As a side note, when I'm stuck for an idea in a game I find other sci-fi to be a great inspiration, particularly obscure stuff your gaming group might not read. Dan Simmons' Hyperion novels have given me all kinds of ideas to work with, and for a new threat aside from the Empire or the Vong there's always the Berserkers from Fred Saberhagen's novels. They'd work well as someone's out-of-control droid army turned loose on the galaxy: picture ISDs and Dark Troopers bent on exterminating all life and building more of themselves as quickly as possible to get the job done, and you get the idea.

Ash DuQuennes
14 May 2002, 04:57 AM
Against the Vong? Well, the SW galaxy had a weapon to send them packing. Had two of 'em, in fact.

But those pesky Rebels blew 'em both up.

Didn't someone say "Commence Primary Ignition" earlier in this thread?

Besides, a Super just obliterated a Vong task force with barely a scratch in Rebel Dream.

They have the tools and technology; they just need the political and logistical support from the rest of the galaxy to take the fight to the Vong.

But I think some Bolo Mk. XXX's wouldn't hurt none, either. Hit 'em with 200cm Hellbores. Mow 'em down with Infinite Repeaters. Let the Vong bust their chops on the Dinochrome Brigade.

I think, for a more conventional cross-over, that the X-Men (not them, specifically, but super-mutants in general) might be allright.

And we don't need no wimpy Star Trek/Federation butting into the SW galaxy; they're already handicapped enough with the New Republic.

I think the Klingons have all the martial prowess necessary to obiterate the Vong; I don't think they have the political or economic organization and stability to fight a protracted war, though.

wolverine
15 May 2002, 03:04 AM
Star trek.... How's about the Dominion, or the kazons.
Or for an off the wall one, the Cylones from battle star galactica.

REG
15 May 2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ash DuQuennes
Against the Vong?

And we don't need no wimpy Star Trek/Federation butting into the SW galaxy; they're already handicapped enough with the New Republic.
I would never dream of having the Federation aiding the New Republic. But I do expect a few Republic sympathizers within the Federation wanting to help smuggle weapon & technology to the New Repubilc (a new Maquis).

I hate it when the citizens think they can take matters in their own hands.

I think the Klingons have all the martial prowess necessary to obiterate the Vong; I don't think they have the political or economic organization and stability to fight a protracted war, though.
I beg to differ. They have been fighting for a long time, getting much practice from rival Houses, as well as those outside of the territories (e.g., Cardassians, Romulans, Dominion, and sometimes Federation).

But honestly, I'd rather the Klingon aid the Yuuzhan Vong in the destruction of the New Republic.

** flashes a wicked :D **

Jaggard
15 May 2002, 08:33 PM
Recently the New Republic has made contact with a large unknown cluster of planets in the outer rim. The system is governed by A fuedal imperial system with many Houses (called the great houses of the Lansrod) vieing for control of a planet Called Arrakis. This strange desert world harbors giant worms to rival the Krayt dragons on Tatooine, and an indigionous people called the Fremen. Like the Tusken raiders the Freman are a combative people but unlike Sand People they are more diplomatic. Initial contact with these peoples have proven most promising. The main reason such a planet is at the center of the system wide conflict is it's major export The Spice known as Malange. The spice seems to have curative properties and even increases life expectancy. The most intresting application of this spice comes from reports by Master Jedi Luke Skywalker himself. The spice has the ability to increase the untrained peoples grasp on some force abilities. He was also intrigued by a substance called the water of life. The peoples of This System being called the Lansrod system, have many unique organisations. The guild steersmen are an organisation of men who willingly subject themselves to long exposure to a waitless enviroment and an atmosphere saturated with a orange gassious form of the spice. These factors have caused mutation to the point of being a new species. The Steersmen are force weilders capable of guiding ship across space at past light speeds. The mentats are a people who use a substance called the juice of Saphoo to augment the speed of their minds, becoming in essance human computers. This is apparently a useful commodity to the system Due to their aversion to computer technology. While this may make the seem primative they infact have developed many technologies that are of intrest including personal sheilds.
Another group worthy of note is the Benejezerate sisterhood. An order of women who have mastered a range of force and non force techniques that have made them a powerful organisation much like some force witches in known systems. They also practice selective breeding toward the goal of a superbeing. Aversion to technology has made communications slow and difficult, but not all people are so adverse to technology. There are too many paralels between our cultures and their own to not consider that contact has been made in the past. a few reports have also been sighted by old republic citizens of travelers from unknown systems setting up colonies on world in out of the way places in republic space.

REG
16 May 2002, 12:30 AM
I can just see Mara Jade divorcing Luke to become a Bene Gesserit Sister. They can kick anybody's butts, including Master Luke, Master Yoda, and Master Mace combined.

With them around, there is no need for a Jedi Council and Academy. But I can see them allied with the Republic and giving the Yuuzhan Vong some trouble.

Lord Duguael
16 May 2002, 12:39 PM
okay - this takes the cross over issue to the 'next level'

I'm playing and GMing in a campaign situated on Earth in 2005

see www.beasthold.org for details.

anyhoo -

Vulcan Jedi master with an Orion Jedi Padawan

Wheelchair bound Jedi Master/ Psion

Street Gang Member painted like the Crow/ Jedi

Klingon Barbarians

Bajoran Cleric of the Prophets (Vedek)

Its just a little cool ;)

hisham
16 May 2002, 06:43 PM
Qui-Gon: "We've dicovered a vergence in the Force. It's concentrated around this thing we've discovered, called..... Hello Kitty."

Yoda: "The Dark Side clouds everything."

Slavan K. Guiser
19 May 2002, 08:36 PM
Well, just to touch on a bit more anime..

Armitage III-Oh yeah, isn't that creepy, droids that were made to be the most brutal combatants and have the capabilities and feeling to want to reproduce.....

Martian Successor Nadesico: Let's watch the Vong take a blast from the gravitron wave cannon. And those deflector shields are just freakin' strong.

Now, Video Game Stuff:

Descent 3: Mass-drivers and Vauss Cannons, and the Pyro. Fast, agile, and better shielded than an A-wing.

Descent Freespace 1 and 2: Let's watch the YV go up against a Shivan Fleet. Ooooo, the megalasers alone on the Lucifer-class battleships would cut them to pieces..To quote the Terrans "Ohmigod, there were these death-black ships...they killed everyone....they're coming....." What an invasion force. The Vong wouldn't stand a chance.... Wow..... And even the Terran fleets are awesome. Watching the GTF Aquitane slug it out with a Star Destroyer... Awesome....

Halo: Choose something. It's all pretty cool. Those troopers would be pretty darn effective against the YV.

Cybertroopers Virtual On and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram: Nothing better than mecha that could eat a Gundam for a snack bringing it one-on-one with some large Vong Creatures. Raiden's lasers could bring down a medium size invasion force alone. Oh yeah. Big Battle Mech Action.

Pretty Cool Stuff...
Slavan

Jaggard
23 May 2002, 11:28 PM
Oo, oo, oo, How about men in black? Here come the force adepts in black, keeping the rest of humanity blissfully unaware of the bizarreness of the galaxy around them.

I actually thought of armatage 3 but couldn't remember what it was called.

Kaziganthi
24 May 2002, 02:41 AM
i'd like to See Starlancer crossed over,

John Chris
30 September 2003, 05:36 PM
Here's more anime/manga vong-killing choices:
Naruto. I think the Nine Tailed fox might give the Vong a headache. It did kill a lot of shinobi before being sealed, you know. Maybe Kakashi could whoop-ass them with a Raikiri (lightning-cutter) attack. Naruto's Kage Bunshin would give 'em a beatin'!

Vong: surrender or die, Neenja!
Naruto: Nope! I have a third choice! Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!
(1000 clones of Naruto appear)
Vong: Oh crap!
(clones beat up Vong) :D

Yusuke and his friends in Yu Yu Hakusho would kill them bad!
Vong: Hah! Puny human! you dare defy me! warriors, attack!
Yusuke: Bye bye, ugly! SHOTGUN!
(Spirit bullets rip through Vong, killing them, while Hiei's and Kuwabara's swords and Kurama's rosewhip beat the stuffing out of others)

Lemme think of more...

Reign of Fire (the dragons, not the humans)
Pokemon (think what you will, but lightning seems to do well against Vong; maybe fire, plant, ghost, dark, dragon, ice, fighting, and steel will kill 'em. Psychic's useless)
Akira (maybe not. Psychics can't attack vong directly)
Tenchi Muyo. Check out those lightsabers!
Zoids
I'll think of more later...

John Chris
5 October 2003, 05:55 PM
Here's some more:
Andromeda (the TV show)
Mutant X
Jurassic Park
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Rouruni Kenshin

C'mon guys! I'm not the only one on this thread, am i?

Fred Getce
6 October 2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by John Chris
...Mutant X...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Victoria Pratt.

GkuugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhDroooooooooooooooool

Sorry. Must make note, keyboards and saliva do not mix. Hmmmm. she is also a good friend with Jennifer Sky.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Jennifer Sky.

GkuugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhDroooooooooooooooool

Damn drool. Seeya later guys.

Jedi Master Talon
6 October 2003, 10:27 AM
I'd like to see Stargate SG-1 crossed over because it would be really cool. Especcially to see O'Neal in the game. I'd also love to see Predator and Resident Evil crossed over.

wolverine
6 October 2003, 10:28 AM
Just received an email from Wizards of the coast, for pre-regist for Gencon SoCAL. Attached was a listing for an upcomming 25th anaversary battle star galactica convention in LA. Lot's of the actors and actresses are gonna be there...

Rostek
6 October 2003, 10:59 AM
The Blues Brothers, plain and simple.

Force Adepts/Scoundrels complete with an old police shuttle and a band, LOL.