PDA

View Full Version : Santa brought Starships and Vehicles!

BRodgers
17 December 2007, 08:30 PM
Happy Holidays from Raptorsquad.Net!!!

Just in time for the holidays, we have a brand new update and a brand new section for you folks!

This season, Santa has brought you Starships and Vehicles! A new section that has been added to the site, you can access it by the new menu button on the main page.

We start off with a dozen ships and vehicles, and plan on adding a lot more in 2008! D6 stats are available now, but if any of you out there would like to send me alternate stats for other systems, I would be happy to post them (and give you full credit of course).

So! Check em out! And as always your feedback is greatly appreciated!

:D

BRodgers
3 January 2008, 04:44 AM
Greetings holonetters!

We're in the process of developing/designing more ships for the site and need your feedback!

How do you like the new starships/vehicles section? Any suggestions? What would you like to see more of? Starfighters? Freighters? Vehicles? Military vessels?

There have been a lot of thread views and a ton of hits to the site, and your feedback greatly determines what direction we take the site in and what content we provide to you, so please feel free to speak up and tell us what you want!

And as always, thanks for your patronage!

Darklighter
7 January 2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Bob! Just popping in to say I like the new section. Want suggestions? OK, you got 'em. How about a space yacht? And I'd like to see a dump of an old vessel type. Something ancient still occasionally seen struggling through the space lanes. Hey, and here's one that just popped into my head. What about a passenger liner?

Anyway, there's a few notions. Hope they appeal. :)

Grimace
7 January 2008, 08:37 PM
Oh wow!

Somehow in all the commotion of the holidays I missed the first and second posts of this thread. So, being my normal inquisitive self, I trundled over there to take a look see.

8o

What a section!

The art ....the art..... my gosh that just grabs you, shakes you about and says with emphatic vigor THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
Great job on the art!

You've got quite a collection of ships and speeders, enough to give plenty for people to chew on for a while. If I had to pressure you for something, which at this point I would be hard pressed to do considering how good the section is, I'd say "more airspeeders".

Ultimately, considering the quality of the art you're putting out, I think it would be neat to see a capital ship thrown in, as well as a couple more freighter type craft. Just don't start rushing things....keep up the level of quality that you've got so far!

Great job and thanks for sharing!!

BRodgers
9 January 2008, 05:57 AM
Hey, thanks for the responses guys!!!

I'm pretty pleased with the new section. Creating, designing and modifying some of the ships from scratch is really fun and sort of addictive, so you can certainly expect to see this section grow and expand in the future.

In the future I may post the story and images and let someone more stats-oriented submit data if they like (any system is welcome!). It would free me up and likely provide more comprehensive and impressive stats (and lets be honest, how many folks use stats right off the page anyway? It's in our nature to twek stuff-we're gamers!)

How about a space yacht? And I'd like to see a dump of an old vessel type. Something ancient still occasionally seen struggling through the space lanes.

Great idea Sean! !

I have a couple of models sitting around that I think would fit this bill rather nicely. I'll just need to texture them up first, but I think it's a great idea! Donít get me wrong, the YT-Whattheheckever series is all great and fine, but I think it's time we saw some new old "pieces of junk" limping through the spacelanes!

The art ....the art..... my gosh that just grabs you, shakes you about and says with emphatic vigor THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

WOW!

Thanks Grimace!!!

I'm really happy with how the art turned out as well. And of course, I can't take all fo the credit, Elfgirl deserves tons of kudos for her hard work on the site and the art. It's great to get this kind of feedback, it pretty much is what drives us to work harder and continue to create and expand the RS site for the communitys enjoyment!

If I had to pressure you for something, which at this point I would be hard pressed to do considering how good the section is, I'd say "more airspeeders".

Ooooh airspeeders!

great idea there Grimace. I wanted to beef up the vehicles, since right now they only make up 25% of the content...so you can be sure that you will be seeing some airspeeders, speederbikes and maybe even some hover-tanks in the future!

We've got a nice "military" themed update coming up in the next week or two...so you can be sure that you will be seeing some new items hit then. I'll keep everyone updated when it goes up. And as always, I would love to hear feedback and input from all of the gamers out there, so feel free to speak up!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Lokar
9 January 2008, 06:36 AM
Wow I'm impressed. 8o I need to get to work on the capsuels for the ships I made a couple of months back when the bug that brought me back "home" bit me.

Excellent artwork, I liked the "action scene" for the APC.

Keep up the good work!

BRodgers
10 January 2008, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Lokar
Wow I'm impressed.

Thanks Lokar!

BTW, if you are interested (and have the time of course), I've got some ships & vehicles sitting around that could use story/stats. I've seen all of the great work you've done over at Toris, so if you have any interest in "crossing over to the darkside" and collaborating, just drop me a PM!

Deano
9 February 2008, 11:38 PM
Awesome work brother! Really loving the new section!

Not sure if I like your Lokar poaching though! ;)

I may have a project for you that we could work on though...let me know if you're interested...

I look forward to seeing more!

Deano

BRodgers
11 February 2008, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Deano
Awesome work brother! Really loving the new section!

Thanks man! It's getting a really good reception...I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

Not sure if I like your Lokar poaching though! ;)

Ah, you know me, I'm shameless Deano!

Don't look at is as "poaching" look at it as "presenting a cross-promotional opportunity!

I may have a project for you that we could work on though...let me know if you're interested...

I look forward to seeing more!

Deano

You know I'm up for anything! Check your inbox my friend!