PDA

View Full Version : Politicol supporters of the rebellion

R3-C9
18 December 2007, 09:21 PM
Who were some politicol supporters of the Rebellion during the time around the destruction of Alderaan? All I'm of right now are Mon Mothma, Bail, and Gahrm Bel Iblis. I researched into the delegaion of 2000 and it lists a few who might be, but other than that, I feel ther's not enough info. It seems that there must be more than just those three.

Perhaps Bothans?:bothan:

Jedi_Shadow
18 December 2007, 09:49 PM
Anybody who supported the Rebellion around that time would be silent, given the political climate.

Also, since the Senate was disbanded and the Moffs put in direct control, politicians outside the Imperial framework would have little real power any more.

My advice is make some up, or grab some names from the 2000 Delegation and weave them into the role you need them for.

Ubiqtorate
19 December 2007, 06:01 AM
If you're looking for names of senators who supported the Rebellion politically, there won't be many. Some sympathized, but those who openly raised their voices in support were quietly dealt with. Part of the reason for dissolving the Senate was to deal with the rest who still sympathized, even quietly.

I believe there were whole planets who declared themselves open members of the Rebellion. Mon Calamari would likely be one, Bothawui possibly another. From there, I imagine that many of the CIS worlds would throw their hat in with the Rebellion. They rebelled once, why not again? And if they were unhappy with the system in the days of the Republic, they'd certainly be unhappy with the Empire...

Emperor Xanderich II
20 December 2007, 11:33 AM
There was support on Sullust for the Rebels, though they remained independent from them until after Endor.

The Rebel fleet was allowed to gather there before the attack on the second Death Star.

Though there would have been no outspoken political voice in favour of the Alliance, I doubt.

boccelounge
20 December 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, IIRC, during most of the Rebellion Era, Sullustan politics were dominated by SoroSuub, and SoroSuub was run by Imperial sycophants. There was an active Resistance movement, however, and of course the pro-Alliance factions eventually won out.

Admiral Zaarin
20 December 2007, 02:12 PM
The lady who replaced Mon Mothma was sympathetic to the Rebellion and ultimately executed for it. Let me look her up...Ara, I can't find her...I don't remember what sourcebook she's in. Found it on Wookipedia. Canna Omonda (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canna_Omonda) replaced Mon Mothma as Senator of Chandrilla and was also pro-Rebellion.

Rogue Trader
20 December 2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Shadow
Anybody who supported the Rebellion around that time would be silent, given the political climate.
Indeed. Given the "underground" mentality used to build the Rebellion in the years before it reveals itself to the public and strikes overtly against the Empire, it'd likely be hard to determine "all" the factions supporting them. And with good reason. Secrecy is the key in these perilous times.

R3-C9
20 December 2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
The lady who replaced Mon Mothma was sympathetic to the Rebellion and ultimately executed for it. Let me look her up...Ara, I can't find her...I don't remember what sourcebook she's in. Found it on Wookipedia. Canna Omonda (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canna_Omonda) replaced Mon Mothma as Senator of Chandrilla and was also pro-Rebellion.

Wow thanks. I completly forgot about her. I spend about two hours a day on wookieepedia, you can never remember everything.;)