PDA

View Full Version : Another new starfighter/sout ship.

wolverine
6 October 2001, 11:22 AM
New starwars starfighter.

Craft: Miximuar Golan arms Felixer
Type: Heavy scout ship
Scale: Starfighter.
Length: 42 meters, 29 meters wingspan
Crew: 2, 2 gunners. Cam work with 1 of each/+10
Passangers: 5.
Cargo capacity: 15 metric tons, 5 meters by 5 meters storage space.
Consumables: 6 months.
Hyperdrive: X1
Back up hyperdrive X8
Navcomputer: Yes.
Maneuverability: 1D+1 Hull: 6D. Shields: 2D.
Space: 6. Atmosphere: 365/1,050 kmh.
Sensors:
Passive 750/+2, Scan 150/+1D+1, Search 300/+2D+1, Focus 35/+4D.
Weapons:
6 Proton torpedo launchers
(fire signally, in pairs, in 2 groups of 3 or linked)
Fire arc: forward
Scale: Starfighter
Fire control: 1D+1 (pair 2D, trip 2D+2, all linked 3D+2)
Range: 1/3/9
Atmospheric range: 100m/300m/900m
Damage 9D (paired 10D+1, trip 12D, all together 16D)

4 Concussion missile launchers
(fired signally, paired or all 4)
Fire control: 2D (paired and quaded same)
Range: 3/7/12
Atmospheric range: 300m/700m/1.2km
Damage: 8D (paired 9D+2, 12D all 4)

10 paired medium ion cannons
Firearc 2 outer wings, 2 dorsal main fuselage, 2 ventral main fuselage, 1 dorsal cockpit, 1 ventral cockpit, All in turrets.
Fire control: 2D
Range: 6/12/18
Atmospheric range: 600m/1.2km/1.8km
Damage 3D+2.

Note. The distribution of the turrets is so that 3 turrets can always fire on any target.

History. Just after the thrawn crisis, Golan arms systems, decided to get into the ship industry. They sought out a partner to do the developing while they provided the expertise and capital. Miximuar industries, a relative new-commer into the space industry was in process of working out a deal with the New republic to scout out the unknown territories, and wild space, so they hooked up. This ship is the design, and proof concept. It took nearly 8 years for all the bugs to be worked out, and for several other technologies to be made available, which was just about the timeframe of the Cammassi incident. 48 of these were made, and 2 are always kept in reserve.
It looks like the Gunstar from the last starfighter film.

I forgot to add cost: NEW - 180,000cr, used 78,000.
and Reloads for each launcher - 10.

elo-hym
7 October 2001, 03:20 AM
thats a hell of a lot of fire power, what on earth would a scout ship need so much weaponry for, thats more a war ship!

also i guess it would need more than 2 gunners, you have 5 ion turrets so they would each need a gunner, unless its computer controled, plus 6 proton torpedo launchers - you could take on a capital ship with those things..... and 4 concussion missile launchers.......

so thats 15 gun emplacements, run by 2 gunners?
besides the conc missiles do 7d not 8d, i would suggest reducing the number of weapons to at the most 2 torp / conc missile launchers, 2 ion cannons and add a med blaster cannon, in a fixed forward firing position. imho.:)

wolverine
7 October 2001, 09:19 AM
Ok. The way the turrets work, is this:
Gunner 1 sits in a chair that is capable of swiveling 360 in all directions. As he swivels the chair, the turrets track his movement. If any turret is unable to complete the track, another kicks in. The other gunner controls the missiles.

As for the firepower rating, Golan arms industries had upto then, sponsored several dozen scoutting excursions into the unknown region, and not one have been seen from since. They DO have comm traffic from one stating it was under attack, and then static. This is why the scout ship is heavly armmed.

Silberpfeil
13 October 2001, 09:19 AM
Well it's a scout ship.

Instead of all those guns and adavanced traking system, should have put more speed and shields (well the hull is pretty high already !! ).

And the cost is ... well ... amazing, forget the B-Wings and get Wings of these scouts to shoot down the ISDs.

wolverine
15 October 2001, 12:06 PM
After careful consideration, i did a change to the scout fighter. Here is the modified version.

Back up hyperdrive X8
Maneuverability: 1D+1 Hull: 6D. Shields: 2D.
Sensors:
Passive 750/+2, Scan 150/+1D+1, Search 300/+2D+1, Focus 35/+4D.
Weapons:

2 Concussion missile launchers
Single fire or paired
Fire control: 2D (paired 2d+2)
Damage: 7D (8D+1 paired)

10 paired medium ion cannons
Firearc 2 outer wings, 2 dorsal main fuselage, 2 ventral main fuselage, 1 dorsal cockpit, 1 ventral cockpit, All in turrets.
Damage 3D+2.

Note. The distribution of the turrets is so that 3 turrets can always fire on any target.

History. Just after the thrawn crisis, Golan arms systems, decided to get into the ship industry. They sought out a partner to do the developing while they provided the expertise and capital. Miximuar industries, a relative new-commer into the space industry was in process of working out a deal with the New republic to scout out the unknown territories, and wild space, so they hooked up. This ship is the design, and proof concept. It took nearly 8 years for all the bugs to be worked out, and for several other technologies to be made available, which was just about the timeframe of the Cammassi incident. 48 of these were made, and 2 are always kept in reserve.

wolverine
18 October 2001, 12:04 PM
No other queries? Thoughts? Arguments? Commentaries?

elo-hym
19 October 2001, 03:55 AM
better yeah, im still not sure about the ion turrets tho. i understand what you meant by 1 gunner controlling all, but i still think you should have atleast 1 gunner for every 4 weapons at the most. otherwise he's just gonna get confused.

still much more realistic now

wolverine
31 March 2003, 08:30 AM
Ok. IT has been some time, and i have made a few more modifications....

Back up hyperdrive X8
Maneuverability: 1D+1 Hull: 6D. Shields: 1D.
Sensors:
Passive 75/+2, Scan 150/+1D+1, Search 300/+2D+1, Focus 35/+4D.
Weapons:

2 Concussion missile launchers
Single fire or paired
Fire control: 2D (paired 2d+2)
Damage: 7D (8D+1 paired)

6 paired medium ion cannons
Firearc 2 outer wings, 2 dorsal main fuselage, , 1 dorsal cockpit, 1 ventral cockpit, All in turrets. (Fire linked so that 2 turrets can lock on a target at any one time.
Damage 3D+2.

Ronen Tal-Ravis
4 April 2003, 05:30 AM
Well I think it is too heavily armed and armored. As it is a scout ship, it has to be fast and agile, both things you don't get with such a heavy loadout. Additionally I actually can't imagine where you get six turrest on such a small vessel. Imagine the Corellian Corvette just has six turrets and its almost three times the size.

Additonally I would suggest to drop the idea of the ion cannons. For a scout, the weapons also need to clear e.g. astroid fields or e.g. attack nasty native inhabitants or giant space slugs, I don't think they would be too impressed by ion cannons, so I would only put one ion cannon on it with rest being lasers or blasters.

I would definitely give it a maximum hull of 5D that is by far heavy enough. Imagine how thick the plates have to be with that rating!
And I don't think anybody would get permission to use the ship with such a firepower. It would defnitely be restricted to military use.

As two last points, I would suggest to increase the cargo space to at least 50 tons. Remember they are used for modifications as well, and a scout should not only be able to transport good along the travel but also from its several destinations.
Last but not least, since when the damage is increased by 1D+1 for additionaly weapons? At least the Tramp Freighter book says its only 1D and extrapolating it from official stats that is consistent.

wolverine
4 April 2003, 05:40 AM
Cargo capacity: 35 metric tons, 15 meters by 8 meters storage space.
Back up hyperdrive X8
Maneuverability: 1D+1 Hull: 4D+1. Shields: 1D.
Sensors:
Passive 75/+2, Scan 150/+1D+1, Search 300/+2D+1, Focus 35/+4D.
Weapons:

4 paired medium blaster cannons
Firearc: 2 in the wing, and the other 2 in a dorsal/ventral turret
Range: 8/16/36
Atmospheric range: 1.2km/3.2km/7.2km
Damage 4D+2.

SIngle Concussion missile launcher
FIre arc: foward
FIre control: 2d
Range: 1/4/12
Atmospheric range: 100m/400m/1200m
Damage: 8d

How's this instead??

Ronen Tal-Ravis
4 April 2003, 06:25 AM
Thats very good, indeed :)

If you do starship design regularly you might be interested in WOTC's Starships of the Galaxy. It has tons of ships in it, several interesting deckplans and a very good contructing system. As D20 and D6 starships are easily convertable, you might find that very helpfull.

Additionally there is the Star Wars Tramp Freighters Guide, which has modification rules and some nice starships in it, although no stock ones.