PDA

View Full Version : How Did Han get his Blood Stripes

Thrawn
9 October 2001, 05:16 PM
Hi all I just finished the Han Solo Triologi and now I got a question, where and how did Han Solo get his Correlian Blood Stripes, both First And Second class.
I have read that he got the second class after saving Chewbacca is this true.

Direct me to sources that has this information.
And also to what kind of courage it would take for players to get this award.

Thanx in advance for all the help you will be providing me.:)

Jamo
9 October 2001, 08:11 PM
I don't think this has ever been established. I seem to remember reading an interview with the author of the Han Solo Trilogy where she said Lucasarts wouldn't allow her to tell the story of his blood stripes.

Kal_Myadon
10 October 2001, 09:51 AM
So in the books Han just doesn't like to talk about it...

:D

Kal

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
13 October 2001, 01:53 AM
Thrawn - Where did you read about the second class blood stripe / chewie bit?

And I must concur with Jamo that Lucas knows that there is a time a place for eveything. . .

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
13 October 2001, 01:54 AM
it's called college.

But Han only attended the Imperial Academy, weird.

Thrawn
17 October 2001, 06:40 AM
Frobiwankenobi I can't remember where the information of two classes of bloodstribes are.

But I have read the unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia.

And it says this

<B>Corellian Bloodstripes</B>
this Corellian award is represented by a three-centimeter-wide broken stripe if piping that runs along the outer seam of a pair of trousers. There are two levels of bloodstripe awarded. The Second-level bloodstripe is gold, and is rarely given out. The First-level bloodstripe is red, and is usually awarded posthumously because of the heroic deeds required to earn it. Most bloodstripes are earned for courage under fire. The wearer, though, is recognized for simply being a human in the right place at the right time, enduring unusual hardships. The wearer is by no means a superhero. Han Solo is one of the few examples of a living Corellian who has earned First-level bloodstripes. He earned his Second-level bloodstripes for rescuing Chewbacca; he has never disclosed the reason he was awarded the First-level bloodstripes. He prefers to wear the yellow stripes, so as not to receive inquiries on them. (HSL, CSA)

There is something wrong with this text, because everybody knows that han wears the red stripes on his pants

Aiel
17 October 2001, 12:46 PM
I think they just have the final red and gold switched around.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 October 2001, 04:26 PM
I would have to confer

and Thrawn thanks for reminding me - that last memory wipe really cserwed me up.

Aiel
17 October 2001, 05:13 PM
Do you mean 'concur'?

Chris Curtis
18 October 2001, 10:16 AM
There is something wrong with this text, because everybody knows that han wears the red stripes on his pants
Actually, that's not quite true. During the original trilogy, the color of the bloodstripe changes between two of the movies. Of course, here's where my blasted memory fails me: I don't remember if it goes from red to gold or vice versa, nor between which two movies it occured (though I think it was ANH and ESB ).

Just FYI...

Tony J Case, Super Genius
18 October 2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn
Hi all I just finished the Han Solo Triologi and now I got a question, where and how did Han Solo get his Correlian Blood Stripes, both First And Second class.
I have read that he got the second class after saving Chewbacca is this true.

The bloodstripe issue was addressed in the CSA sourcebook - not much, just a small sidebar. Han got the yellow stripe for saving his classmates during a malfunction during a ship training exercise. (where he also got the name 'slick'). They make no mention of where he got the red stripe from - the saving chewie appears to be a recent development.

Aiel
18 October 2001, 11:42 AM
What about when he saved the two kids from Ylesia?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
19 October 2001, 08:45 AM
aiel - i said that last memory wipe really dewercs me up

but yes i meant confer

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
11 July 2002, 07:30 PM
Wow, this thread is over 9 months old and I have finally discovered part of the truth behind the Corellian Boodstripe.

I was going to start a thread but I thought that I should check and see if there was already one and I remembered correctly.

Now, Tony is quoting the correct source; however, he got his information mixed up.

This is taken from p. 16 of the Han Solo and the CSA SB:

". . . and he told me how he got the First Class on condition it not become public knowledge, and I respect that. If you want to know it, you ask him yourself, but I will let on about this: the Second one had to do with a Wookiee."

It goes on to say that Han stopped wearing the First Class ones in order to be lower profile.

Thoughts?

Grimace
12 July 2002, 07:32 AM
Of course, the reason why the stripes changed color in the movies is probably due to the fact that Han isn't the best at doing his laundry, and the pants with the red stripes were just too dirty to wear, so he wore the pants with the gold stripes. ;) :p

I know this whole discussion came up quite some years ago with people when the action figures originally came out with two different color stripes. The idea of the two classes of blood stripes was born. Also, I've heard that one of the blood stripes was supposedly due to "a wookie", but I can't site any specific text or pages in a book. This falls more into the realm of "I just know it, I can't prove it."