PDA

View Full Version : Vader vs. Maul: The Brawl to Settle it All!

Donovan Morningfire
19 October 2001, 06:37 PM
Just picked up Star Wars Tales #9. I liked it. Some nice insight into Vader, as well as actually seeing stormies acting semi-casual, even around the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Whether you read it or not, who do think would win between the two of them? Would it be the silent killer with the full-body tattoo? Or would it be the man who brought down the Jedi Order?

Jedi_Staailis
20 October 2001, 02:53 PM
Vader destroyed the Jedi, Maul failed. Although we haven't seen what it will take for Vader to do that, I'd be willing to bet it's going to take a lot of fighting prowess.

dragonseye
20 October 2001, 03:52 PM
Well, of course I said Vader. Not only is he the destroyer of the Old Jedi Order, Maul only succeded in killing one Jedi. The other thing is, as my friend pointed out, there is no reason to Hate Maul. I mean, he's there for a couple of good fight scenes and then is cleaved in two by a lowly Jedi padawan. That's not exactly something to be proud of if you ask me.

And then there's Vader, the man who, with the flick of his wrist, snapped a man's neck in the first scene. Not to mention the fact that he was a sweet and innocent boy who became quite possibly the most evil man in the galaxy (not including Palpatine, obviously.)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
21 October 2001, 01:46 AM
Vader, any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Kal_Myadon
21 October 2001, 05:39 AM
Vader even with one hand tied behind his back (although he'd still use this for force chokes)

Kal

Wileama
21 October 2001, 07:20 AM
Vader hands down. We all know that maul's just a sorry wanna be that couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. While we all know Vader is the main man. No prophecy talks about Maul does it?

VixenofVenus
21 October 2001, 10:01 AM
Do I really need to speak his holy name . . .

Tem_Starrunner
21 October 2001, 11:47 AM
I'm waiting for Tales I believe there supposed to something like this. Until I see I think I'll be voting for Maul. Come on with that Armor of Vader's Maul will take him. Luke scored a good hit to Vader's shoulder and Maul poked a hole through Qui-Gon.

My moneys on the horned one with tatoos.

Fred Getce
21 October 2001, 12:36 PM
I said Darth Maul.

While Vader is probably stronger in the Force, Maul is young with excellent fighting skills. If Vader wins it is the use of his Force powers and not a result of his "mastery" of the Lightsabre.

Donovan Morningfire
21 October 2001, 01:42 PM
Sorry Fred, but in the SW issue Vader takes the prize. He drew upon the energy generated from the one thing he hates more than anything else in the universe, a hate stronger than anything Maul could ever fell.

As Maul sputtered his final words, saber sticking out his lower back, he asked Vader what could he hate so much to give him the power to kill Maul.

Vader replied with a cool, one-word answer. "Myself."

Seeing as how there will likely never be another movie appearance by Maul, we'll never have a 'canon' answer to the issue. But it was a decent read overall. Especially with Maul trash-talking Vader (calling him Jedi and quoting lessons while in the midst of deadly combat). If only they could have given him that kind of personality in the movie.

As for Maul's fighting style vs. Vader's, this has been discussed to death in other threads. Bottom line, Maul is the early-on favorite, but he's eventually going to run out of steam, while Vader's odds go up and up the longer the fight draws out. (How does a machine get tired?)

Fred Getce
21 October 2001, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
Sorry Fred, but in the SW issue Vader takes the prize.

As Maul sputtered his final words, saber sticking out his lower back, he asked Vader what could he hate so much to give him the power to kill Maul.

Vader replied with a cool, one-word answer. "Myself."

Seeing as how there will likely never be another movie appearance by Maul, we'll never have a 'canon' answer to the issue. But it was a decent read overall. Especially with Maul trash-talking Vader (calling him Jedi and quoting lessons while in the midst of deadly combat). If only they could have given him that kind of personality in the movie.

As for Maul's fighting style vs. Vader's, this has been discussed to death in other threads. Bottom line, Maul is the early-on favorite, but he's eventually going to run out of steam, while Vader's odds go up and up the longer the fight draws out. (How does a machine get tired?)

I no longer read comics so I didn't even know who won until you told me. I no longer read any comic. I feel that they have gotten a little bit ridiculous in the last ten years or so. I like the ones in the 70s and 80s. The ones in the 90s seem to be more about pleasing fan boys and making money over good stories. At least with the comics I was reading.

Oh well. Vader was my second choice. Has anyone else here seen Knight Quest?

Gabriel
21 October 2001, 06:15 PM
Vader is "the chosen one." He beats Maul in a close and highly contested battle.

VixenofVenus
21 October 2001, 09:37 PM
Lets do a Pro/Con Chart to decide:

Vader
Pro:
- He has tons of cool lines like "You DON'T know the POWER of the Dark Side, I MUST obey my master"
- He has a cool voice, JEJ
- He has a cool black suit
- He kills people without touching them
- He killed all the Jedi
- He fathered a hot chick
- He died because he sacrificed himself
- He is in 6 movies (4 out, 2 coming)
- He is a great pilot
Con:
- He fathered a whiny brat
- He died (this is bad cause he is the best character in the movies so far . . . after Yoda)

Maul
Pro:
- He has cool tatoos
- He has a cool lightsaber
- He uses Move-Object to throw droid heads to open doors
Con:
- He only killed one person
- He died in the first freakin movie
- He is named after a blunt object
- He dies in the first freakin movie
- He only has a few lines, and they are all gay
- He dies in the first freakin movie
- He drives around a stupid hovering moped.
- He dies in the first freakin movie, and its to a guy who is many levels lower than he is! (in roleplaying terms at least!)

Jamo
21 October 2001, 09:59 PM
You forgot to mention he dies in the first freakin movie.

;)

Emperor Xanderich II
22 October 2001, 03:23 AM
Vader killed the most powerful man in the galaxy- the Emperor himself.

Donovan Morningfire
22 October 2001, 04:49 AM
Which to choose, the fear-inspiring man in black with some of the most kick-butt dialogue in SW history, or the combat-twink with a red face and all the personality of a card-board cutout?

Easy call, seeing as my earliest SW memory was cringing back into the seat trying to hide when Lord Vader made his film debut. (I was only 5 at the time.)

And besides, Maul died in the first freakin' movie:D

BRodgers
22 October 2001, 08:49 AM
Vader -and I'll give ya another reason:

You NEVER saw vader in a lightsaber duel trying to KILL anyone (other than Obi Wan, but, come on, was that really a contest?). Remember, throughout the entire series, Vader was always trying to turn Luke to the Dark side, never really trying to kill him ( he could have crushed Lukes skull with a twitchy finger motion if he wanted to do that).

Maul, we saw when he WAS trying to kill, and in the end he wasnt good enough to cut the mustard (actually, didnt he get whacked by the same guy Vader offed?)

Bottom line, Vader at full tilt makes Maul a wet spot on the duracrete floor and still has time to make it home for flapjacks.:D

Fred Getce
22 October 2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BRodgers
Vader -and I'll give ya another reason:

You NEVER saw vader in a lightsaber duel trying to KILL anyone...

You need to watch Knight Quest. While it may be a fan film, it is still awesome and has Vader fighitng not one, but two Jedi at the same time, plus he fights a Jedi girl who wields a Double-Ended Lightsabre.

BRodgers
22 October 2001, 11:20 AM
Sounds cool FG...can I find it on www.theforce.net or do I need to do some searching for it?

Aiel
22 October 2001, 11:34 AM
Yea, it's on www.theforce.net I'd dowload it, but my modem is a piece of crap.

Dr_Worm
22 October 2001, 02:24 PM
Well I really wanted it to be Maul...but GL saw fit to kill him off in the first movie. The only thing that Vader needs is a kickbutt Martial Arts choreographer, and it wouldn't even be a question.

Donovan Morningfire
23 October 2001, 06:49 AM
equals the baddest mo-fo of all time, regardless of what universe you're from. (I'm just cringing at the thought. Heck, what if Luke, who's probably more flexible and agile, got the wire-fu treatment?)

Nova Spice
23 October 2001, 09:35 AM
Frankly.....I think you can't compare them. Maul was still young and not at the top of his game. Still Vader would have come out on top, but to compare Maul at the time of TPM...you cant, he was still too young.

BRodgers
23 October 2001, 10:16 AM
True,
perhaps a better guage of abilites will be when we get to see Anakin in Episode II. I think that would be a better match up since they both would be closer in age and ability.

Glit-Biter
24 October 2001, 10:52 PM
Everyone keeps saying that Vader "Killed all the jedi" It says he hunted down and killed the "REMAINING Jedi" until episode II and III come out we wont really know how many he kills :)

Cheeba T. Ewok
27 October 2001, 07:21 AM
Hmmm...considering the next movie is Attack of the Clones, is it possible to see Maul again? Or is the incredible coolness of Maul affecting my brain waves?

Oh, and Vader wins.

VixenofVenus
27 October 2001, 10:59 AM
Some more pro and con for Maul:

Pro
- he was pretty cool in his lightsaber battles in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Con
- he was a whiny impatient punk in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Donovan Morningfire
27 October 2001, 02:31 PM
Maul died in the first freakin' movie:D

Glit-Biter
30 October 2001, 09:24 AM
Maul was an apprencite sith lord, and Kenobi was also a padawan learner, so they were around the same skills in expiernced fighting anyway.

Maul's only downside was his arrogance and belief that he could not be killed. (he found out that he was wrong)

Donovan Morningfire
30 October 2001, 11:46 AM
Maul's arrogance plays a big part of it, but as far as level of training, Maul was way ahead of Obi-Wan. And not just going by their d20 stats. (Obi 6th vs. Maul 12th) Qui-Gon even admitted to himself mentally that Maul was the perfect example of what he kept trying to teach Obi-Wan about the living Force, someone totally focused in the here and now, on the battle at hand.

Ultimately, the only reason that Obi won was he got really lucky. Sidious admits this as he's fuming over Maul's death, that blind luck can derail even a Sith Lord's best laid plans.

VixenofVenus
30 October 2001, 12:57 PM
In RPG terms . . . the only reason Obi won (haha), was because Obi's bluff check beat Mauls Sense Motive check.

hehe

But seriously, if Maul hadn't been a huge idiot and way too arogant, Obi would have fallen right after he caught hold (FORCE PUSH). And Maul and Sideous would have racked up two more Jedi kills (they had killed a few others by then according to the Fiction) - but never outrightly with Witnesses, etc.

But I liked the End . . . it showed Obi learning a hard lesson about the LIVING FORCE.

Arlin Bel'Corvis
30 October 2001, 01:21 PM
Vader wins for one simple reason...

Age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm...

Donovan Morningfire
30 October 2001, 06:54 PM
"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and speed"
"Mabye so, but youth and speed always gets the girls."
- the grizzled veteran and the hotshot fighter jock.

If you think I'm off on a limb, do a search for Darth Maul fanfics. A large chunk of the ones I've found are not for kids, and often involve the female author (or some other female character) sharing the lead with Maul. Heck, maybe that's why Obi ultimately won; Maul was just to shagged out. :)

Vader may kickimus maximus buttimus, but Maul has a far more varied 'personal life.' (That or these ladies really need to get out a whole heck of a lot more.)

Glit-Biter
31 October 2001, 07:52 AM
I did not know that the levels varied so much. Even if Kenobi was practically declareda Jedi Knight by the council? what lvl was Qui-Gon-Gin?

VixenofVenus
31 October 2001, 08:47 AM
Qui-Gon was lvl 15 . . . but . . . Maul also had him beat on age and stats, which helps.

Maul was supposed to be the ultimate Sith weapon . . . that was what Sideous had focused him into . . . but Sideous also thought that he had instilled too much hate for the Jedi in Maul, making him impatient and too prideful.

Aaron B'Aviv
31 October 2001, 03:16 PM
Whenever I see this question, i cite the same deciding factor- the elegant, controlled way that Vader fights.

Watch Vader vs. Obi Wan, then watch Duel of the Fates. Perhaps Duel of the Fates is more exciting, with more action, but without moving much, Vader deals measured, controlled strokes. Yes, Maul's style is flashy, but Vader imparts so much power. He bested Obi Wan, another aged, tested swordsman. Then, to show he could handle himself against Gen X, he beat Luke on Bespin. He can adapt himself against any opponent, handling himself with dignity and skill.

Besides, he is intimidation embodied. Nobody can top him in that regard.

VixenofVenus
31 October 2001, 06:26 PM
Darth Vixen steps silently into the room and speaks, her voice booming, "The power of a lightsaber, is INSIGNIFICANT next to the power of the Force!"

... which is why Vader will ALWAYS win!

Deck
4 November 2001, 03:56 AM
<p align=justify>I'd go with Darth Vader. Force-sensitive combat is not only lightsabre tactics and technices. If two enemies fight against each other, they use many other aspects of the Force besides their blades. The Force is around them, with them, in them. Every step they do, every single movement is influenced by the Force. And for this reason, I think Vader will win. He as stronger Force powers and is much more experiened than Darth Maul.</p>

Demada
11 November 2001, 02:02 PM
Maul looked cool, and had a pretty cool (not as cool as Vader's or Palp's) voice, but come on! Vader is the DARK LORD OF THE SITH! He is infinately more powerful. Maul was about like Luke mid way through the first trilogy, Varder was in the line of Darth Sidious (Before Palpatine became the Sith God, as I call him) and Exar Kun (the coolest character in ALL of star wars). Vader had better lines (Not by a huge amount, but he did), and his lightsaber fights had EMOTION! When he fought Luke, you felt the hate, the raw power, and it was a BATTLE! Not a choreographed ballet of flips and ducks! Some super choreographed stuff looks good, but those Ep 1 fights were WAY overdone. Also, Vader was in 3 of the coolest movies ever made, and Maul was in the one that ruined the series (I hate Ep 1, hate hate hate hate hate!). Vader is in coolness only behind a very few characters, one is Emperor Palpatine ("So be it, jedi!") amd the other, Exar Kun ("Who am I? Soon I will be the man that controls this star system, the man that controls this galaxy! But for now... I am the man who murdered you..." or something like that).

sebulba524
12 November 2001, 03:12 AM
Don't even bring up Exar Kun. He's just EU material. Maul couldn't take down Vader. Vader is strong in the Force naturally, and is powered by his armor. He could take Maul down with a Force Grip. He had lines, many more than Maul did. He survived three movies, Maul only had one. He beat a Jedi and an Apprentice, not just the Jedi. Maul is cool, but didn't live up to Vader's Legacy.

Gabriel
12 November 2001, 07:36 AM
He beat a Jedi and an Apprentice, not just the Jedi. Maul is cool, but didn't live up to Vader's Legacy.

I agree 100%. I also think this is the point that was trying to be made in the films. As for Exar Kun, Vader or Palpatine would kick his butt. Lucas created characters always win over EU created characters in my book.

MFalls
12 November 2001, 07:03 PM
Lucas created characters always win over EU created characters in my book.

Might be in your book but it never helped Chewie.

elquemis
20 November 2001, 12:08 PM
I was going to say that it would be a draw, or simultaneous death or something, but now that I think about it, it's gonna be Vader. Sure, Maul's got the physical edge, but Vader's got the armor to make up for it. And I don't care who you are, you're not going to outdo a Skywalker in regard to the Force. Vader's disadvantage in pure combat (if indeed one exists, which is doubtful) is made up for by his extremely highly cunning intelligence. And c'mon, have you seen how Maul died? He obviously wasn't too well-trained in areas outside of hacking things (such as, keep your guard up, you stupid moron).

Donovan Morningfire
21 November 2001, 07:38 AM
As regards to Maul's death in TPM, he's already been noted as being overly arrogant, and he suffered from a major case what I and my friends call the WTF syndrome (WTF = What the F***?)

Maul was trained to charge in a kill, a living weapon. Vader was much better trained, a strong combo of brains and fighting skill. (The V-man Probably studied the philosophies of the Star Wars universe's equivalent to Miramoto Musashi.)

Donovan Morningfire
23 November 2001, 05:17 PM
Looks like Lord Vader won by a landslide. I do have one question (though I have a sinking feeling I already know the answer); who was the joker who voted This Option Intentionally Left Blank? :D

Donovan Morningfire
27 November 2001, 02:47 PM
Seems a few days ago someone (Advistor I think) started a thread on this very topic down in Rumors/Speculation. The thread was closed and the person directed here. Maybe my post on the results was premature. If there's folks who still want to discuss the Vader vs. Maul battle, nothing's stopping you. Heck, maybe Deck could reopen the poll if there's enough interest to do so.

Deck
28 November 2001, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
Heck, maybe Deck could reopen the poll if there's enough interest to do so.

Due to the popularity of this topic, this poll has been reopned - after its automatic "Time Out" - as suggested by <i>Donovan Morningfire</i>.

Happy polling again! :)

Donovan Morningfire
28 November 2001, 06:27 AM
Cool. Actually, when I first put up the poll, I didn't think this sucker was gonna run as long as it has.

Well, the polls are reopened, so let's hear your thoughts on who would win the brawl to settle it all!

sebulba524
28 November 2001, 02:15 PM
You rule Deck!!! I already voted, but it's cool that you reopened them. Just to start up discussion again, Vader had helped wipe out thousands of Jedi. Maul killed somewhere between 3 and 10, with EU material, one with the movies. Vader also killed one in the movies, but he killed the Emperor. That's pretty good. Plus, Vader was killed by a fellow Sith Lord, not a Jedi Padawan. Go Vader!!!

GameShowMan
3 December 2001, 12:00 AM
I'll give ya a bunch of other reasons why Vader rules:

He got to drive a big-a$$ Star Destroyer (the Executor .
And he is the one who's theme is the most recognized of all the John Williams Star Wars motifs: the Imperial March (ask Metallica, Reel Big Fish and No Doubt).
Maul didn't even get his own music.

Did I also mention he's one of the few ficitonal characters to drive Denis Leary nuts?

Oh, yes. And did I mention how much more fun he was, period?

Nerpine the Verpine
5 December 2001, 11:15 AM
Are we talking about Vader before or after he turns into a walking iron lung? If it's before, I have to reserve judgement until after EIII. If it's after, my call is Maul.
First, Maul didn't need a stunt double.
Second, he was taking on 2 Jedi at the same time. And lets not forget that Qui-Gonn was supposed to be one of the Jedi's best swordmasters.
As for him being beat by Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan had to call on the Dark Side just to hold his own with Maul. And exactly how many times did he head-butt Darth Maul's boots anyway? I remember at least 3. And let's not give Vader too much credit for offing Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan LET HIM DO IT! (To save Vader's whiney brat of a son I might add.)
And look at the way Vader wields his lightsaber in RotJ. Babe Ruth still swings better and he's DEAD!

So-Var Leet
11 December 2001, 05:09 PM
Vader. From the moment he stepped through the door of the Tentive V in EPIV, you could feel his power and his hate.

Maul was a joke with rediculous makeup and a dumb lightsaber. (I really don't get the double-bladed thing).

Darthvegeta800
12 June 2005, 12:05 PM
Vader all the way. He is after all the greatest SW char ever.

djas_puhr
30 September 2005, 09:19 AM
Casting my vote for Darth Vader after watching at the movies in one day. Talk about a marathon, but it was fun watching it all.

Vader in RotS is controlled evil and rage. Maul, well, is an arrogant punk who thinks he's hot stuff. But I did read the comic and I thought it was brilliant. So yeah my vote is for Vader, hands down.

Darthvegeta800
30 September 2005, 09:49 AM
Darth Vader all the way.
More experience, more polyvalent in skills. he's a good pilot, nifty tech, strength of several wookies, resistant, intimidating, forged by years of war and has killed dozens even more than that of Jedi and all kidns of opponents.

DM was too focussed, young and in the end less versatile. His raw bruth power was powerful indeed. And he was a great hunter/assassin but he lacked that little bit that makes a Sith Lord.

Also Vader is slower yes but that's relative if you take the comics into acount.

Lucas Carr
30 September 2005, 12:57 PM
If it's combat, the other things doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter who was the best pilot or who had the coolest lines. What matters is combat and the Force applied to combat.

For that I would have to say Vader vs. Maul (taking both with the game stats from the first movie they appeared in), I would say that Vader wins because of his experience.

If they had been the same level Maul would have won.

With that in mind, I voted "This option intentionally left blank".

Codym
30 September 2005, 03:02 PM
I'm going with a cautious vote for Darth Vader. While any battle between powerful opponants depends on many factors for victory, Vader seems the most likely to turn any situation to his advantage, and more adept at using the Force, which would probably be the biggest factor in their battle. (I'd say, based on RotS, they would be almost equal as swordsmen.)

Darth_Xanthor
2 October 2005, 06:35 AM
alot of you were saying that you would hold judgement until ep 3.....nowthat it is out....what do you think?

ps did anybody read the comic where maul came back and took on Obi for a rematch?

Sundog
14 October 2005, 09:07 AM
I did not. But having watched ROTS, I must vote Vader.

Maul was lethal, swift and incredibly skilled with a double lightsabre. What he never seemed to be was a master of the Force.

That's where Vader has him beat. He is a fully fledged Jedi Knight, who has then been trained by the last surviving Sith Lord. He knows techniques Maul hasn't even considered yet.

My bet would be that it would go something like this:

Maul: Face my blade!

Vader: (gestures)

Maul: SPLAT! As twenty tonnes of rock squish him into oblivion.

Darthvegeta800
14 October 2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah :p
DV is actually quite cunning. In the comics he tends to use a lot of tricks to win if need be.
He seems a huge brute but he is more.

sniperjoe
14 October 2005, 04:08 PM
I love em both, but Vader takes my vote by far. Although I hate Anakin with a passion...(the noob)...Vader owns my face off.

kidman
26 October 2005, 02:34 PM
shoot i was going to make a really cool graph using the cool smilies here but i had to many. but all in all i thik vader would SLAUGHTER maul

wolverine
27 October 2005, 02:52 AM
Makes me wonder how Maul would handle against Dokou

Sundog
27 October 2005, 07:53 AM
If he got in close, fast, I'd bet Maul's double-sabre would be more than a match for Dooku. But give Dooku any sort of range and it's the same problem as against Vader - too much power, too many options I don't think Maul could handle.

Kyle Pantrakahs
3 December 2005, 05:31 AM
When I did a Vader vs. Maul d20 deathmatch with my brother, Maul was pwned within 5 rounds.

'Course, we did say the duel took place in a scrapyard and most of the damage Maul took was from Vader dropping a big ole hunk of wreckage on him...hmmm...:D

gmjabreson
7 December 2005, 05:45 PM
Vader, one hand down, he lost his other one.
I would be more interested to have seen a battle between Vader and Yoda. Now there is a match worthy of paying top cred to see....

chitugera
29 December 2005, 06:59 PM
hmm hard...
vader no doubt is probly more dark and stronger yet only a single blade lightsaber and vader tend to be slow and plays with the enemy in a mental way first, while on the other hand Maul is swift and fast in combat however is probly not the smartest fight being that he was killed by a jedi, and vader thinks more before he fights so i guess if vader can withstand a double blade lightsaber it would be vader who wins.

MikeLynch
14 January 2006, 08:32 AM
My vote? It depends on what era of Vader we're talking about.

Since we really don't know much about Maul's backstory, we'll assume that in this Brawl to Settle It All, this Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out, thus Tussle of the Muscle, this Fracas in Caracas, etc. etc., "Maul" means Maul in TPM.

So...
Maul vs. Vader in ROTS, Pre-Armor: Vader. He's at his physical peak and he's basking in Dark Side goodness. He just cleaned out the JEDI TEMPLE, c'mon.

Maul vs. Newly-Cyborged Vader: Probably Maul, actually. Watch him in his big "NOOOOOO" scene: he's lurching around like Frankenstein. Then read "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" (GREAT novel; Vader's a little whiny in it, but it's certainly excusable, and Sidious is AWEsome in it). You really get into Vader's head; this is before he's developed a serious reputation, and he's still struggling to get his combat prowess back. He's such a bundle of awkward movement and emotional chaos at that point, I think Maul's speed would give him the initiative and catch Vader off-guard long enough to deprive him of, say, the blinky box on his chest (which is explained in detail in the novel, BTW).

Maul vs. Vader in ANH, ESB, and ROTJ: Vader. By now he is, as has been mentioned here, not quick but very potent and the baddest badass what ever detained a consular ship.

Maul vs. Vader at the end of ROTJ when he can't even stand: Wellllllll, probably Maul, but with Luke there to protect Vader, who knows. ;)

Treefrog
12 February 2006, 12:03 PM
This whole argument was settled in one of Dark Horse Comics' books. In it Maul is defeated because Vader hates someone far more than Maul hating the Jedi: himself!

Tonyx
8 May 2006, 07:43 PM
Well, Vader was/is incredible. He was powerful and is powerful. Maul was really weak, especially if Young Obi-Wan beat him!

Lucas Carr
9 May 2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Treefrog
This whole argument was settled in one of Dark Horse Comics' books. In it Maul is defeated because Vader hates someone far more than Maul hating the Jedi: himself!

In my opinion that's their view of it. But it's not mine.

Pel
10 May 2006, 02:39 AM
Vader. Dark Lord of the Sith. Chosen One. Oh, and the guy whom all the movies are about. Yeah, him.

Maul was cool, but he was a one-shot villain. Vader had staying power. So, definitely Vader on top. He might lose limbs in the fight (again) but nothing a quick trip to the medbay won't fix right up. :D

Ravnor
4 June 2006, 08:55 AM
hang on! they did a graphic novel about this! and Vader eviscerated Maul.

Tyrien
14 June 2006, 04:02 PM
Vader...his ungainly mechanical body would stumble into Maul and crush him in an instant.

So, really, I see MikeLynch's point, because the Frankenstein scene was actually my first thought, but then I remembered how Maul sized up to Obi-wan....