PDA

View Full Version : Question about Corusant?

csswr
14 January 2008, 05:18 PM
This a question about the planet of Corusant. During the era of the rebellion. Did the Imperail force other beings off the world that were not imperail sympathizers? I read about Corusant It was very vage on what happened their on the planet itself. I was just wondering its just in the movies you see millions of species their but did many of them get forced off the planet? Just was curious and any references to my question might be very helpful. Thank you for your time.:)

gmjabreson
14 January 2008, 05:30 PM
No, they didn't get forced off the planet. Most of the "alien inhabitants" were placed in special zones of the planet, I would say away from "vital" locations like the Imperial Palace and other government facilities.

But no, they weren't specifically forced off the planet.

Sithspawn
15 January 2008, 06:44 AM
Coruscant was primarily an Imperial loyal world, making life for aliens very difficult. It also makes the celebrations at the end of ROTJ a bit odd, although the crowd you see are mainly aliens I guess.

BRodgers
15 January 2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
although the crowd you see are mainly aliens I guess.

Yeah, aliens kicking the crap out of some poor stormtrooper on his way home after pulling a double!

:D

Almost died when I saw that in the special edition, had to back up to make sure I wasn't imaginging things.

Master Dao Rin
15 January 2008, 11:30 AM
Location of this screen shot so that I can see too?

BRodgers
15 January 2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Master Dao Rin
Location of this screen shot so that I can see too?

It's right when they start panning across Coruscant at the end of ROTJ Special Edition on the boxed DVD set, you see people celebrating, and at the bottom of the screen, amidst the celebration, you see a stormtrooper being held aloft by the crowd, struggling...

It's right before you see them tear down the statue of Palpy. My wife pointed it out to me...

I guess it's possible he could be bodysurfing along the top of the crowd, but I don't think they programmed the clones for that....

:D

Edit:

Here (http://boards.theforce.net/classic_trilogy/b10002/14910364/p1/) is a link at TheForce.net regarding the shot.

IzVenjari
15 January 2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gmjabreson
No, they didn't get forced off the planet. Most of the "alien inhabitants" were placed in special zones of the planet, I would say away from "vital" locations like the Imperial Palace and other government facilities.

But no, they weren't specifically forced off the planet. gmj has nailed it...IIRC they also had to get permission to travel out of their zone

Ubiqtorate
15 January 2008, 06:14 PM
It makes sense that the repressed aliens on Coruscant would turn out in large numbers when the news broke that the Emperor was gone and his Death Star destroyed. That's likely why you see so many in that last shot. Also, keep in mind that Coruscant had a population of billions, trillions, or even quadrillions of people, depending on which source you follow. The "mainly alien" crowd that appears in the last scene of Return of the Jedi accounts for only an extremely tiny fraction of even what the alien population of Coruscant would be expected to be.