PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Force Miniatures - Official Thread

Stratos
24 January 2008, 04:16 AM
This thread is for discussion of the upcoming miniatures set - Legacy of the Force - scheduled for March 2008.

Discuss among ourselves...

cheshire
24 January 2008, 05:31 AM
I've seen a pic of a Boba Fett. Decent sculpt.

There's a video from gamer zero that shows stat cards and mini sculpts. The new Luke is pretty darn powerful. He's got "Greater Mobile Attack." He can move, use double attack, and then move again.

Just nuts.

The Gungan with shield looks interesting, though I'm not much fond of Gungans. Not to mention a female in Mandalorian armor (fringe). As an uncommon, that looks pretty cool.

cheshire
24 January 2008, 05:42 AM
Sorry for the double. I found the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGuYlBMkB0A

Stratos
24 January 2008, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by cheshire
I've seen a pic of a Boba Fett. Decent sculpt.

... a female in Mandalorian armor (fringe). As an uncommon, that looks pretty cool.

A Fringe Mandalorian and low cost bothers me. The faction is so under-powered, unless you use Mandalore himself, that they could've used more soldiers only available to them... rather than available for everyone.

cheshire
24 January 2008, 06:30 AM
I just looked at the video... I was mistaken. She's Mando, not fringe. That may make a difference.

Stratos
24 January 2008, 07:47 AM
I just looked at the video... I was mistaken. She's Mando, not fringe. That may make a difference.

Makes a whole lot o difference for me. Thanks!

Sithspawn
31 January 2008, 09:44 AM
Legacy of the Force Set List

1 Nomi Surider VR
2 Old republic Recruit C
3 Old Republic Scout C

4 Darth Cadeus VR
5 Darth Krayt VR
6 Darth Nihl VR
7 Darth Talon VR
8 Lumiya, the Dark Lady R

9 Republic Commando Training Sergeant U

10 Darth Tyranus, Legacy of the Dark Side R

11 Bothan Noble U
12 Deena Shan R
13 Elite Rebel Commando U
14 General Dodonna R
15 Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side R
16 Rebel Honor Guard C
17 Twi'lek Scout C

18 Antares Draco R
19 Emperor Roan Fel VR
20 Imperial Knight U
21 Imperial Knight U
22 Imperial Pilot C
23 Imperial Security Officer U
24 Jagged Fel R
25 Marasiah Fel R
26 Moff Morlish Veed VR
27 Moff Nyxia Calixte R
28 Noghri Commando U
29 Shadow Stormtrooper U

30 Corellian Security Officer U
31 Galactic Alliance Scout C
32 Galactic Alliance Trooper C
33 Han Solo galactic Hero R
34 Kyle Katarn Jedi Battlemaster VR
35 Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight VR
36 Luke Skywalker Force Spirit VR
37 Mara Jade Skywalker VR
38 Shado Vao R
39 Wolf Sazen VR

40 Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter VR
41 Deliah Blue R
42 Dug Fringer U
43 Duros Scoundrel C
44 Gotal Mercenary C
45 Guard Droid C
46 Human Bodyguard C
47 Human Scoundrel C
48 Human Scout C
49 Jariah Syn R
50 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter C
51 Rodian Blaster for Hire U
52 Trandoshan Mercenary C

53 Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander VR
54 Canderous Ordo R
55 Mandalorian Gunslinger U
56 Mandalorian Trooper U

57 Yuuzhan Vong Elite Warrior U
58 Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter U
59 Yuuzhan Vong Shaper U
60 Yuuzhan Vong Warrior C

WOTC & swmgamers have pictures too! 8o

Should put that this is 100%. The Set list posters has been sent to some stores.

Stratos
31 January 2008, 11:03 AM
drool! my first set in many that I once again want EVERY piece! Thanks for posting these here.

now, if only I could find a premiere store in the area to get that stinking map/poster from... as mine is not yet premiere.

Admiral Zaarin
31 January 2008, 12:51 PM
This thread actually has me interested in this set. As long as I don't get a bunch of Legacy-era and Vong junk. That aside, I'll be picking up a booster or two of these. :)

On a side note, does it strike anyone that WotC continues to make mini's point costs cheaper and powers stronger?

Elvenshae
31 January 2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
On a side note, does it strike anyone that WotC continues to make mini's point costs cheaper and powers stronger?

... Given that we have the stats on ... two? ... minis from this set, I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Stratos
31 January 2008, 06:11 PM
I have two CASES on pre-order with my FLGS already! This is the set I've been waiting for!

Donovan Morningfire
1 February 2008, 03:29 AM
Have to say that after looking at the set list, there's a nice selection of generics (good for us RPG'rs) as well as the New Republic faction getting some long-overdue loving.

The sculpts in general look pretty good, although there's still a lack of non-lightsaber wielding female characters for PCs to use... but at least the PCs with female lightsaber wielding characters have a few more options available.

Stratos
1 February 2008, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
Have to say that after looking at the set list, there's a nice selection of generics (good for us RPG'rs) as well as the New Republic faction getting some long-overdue loving.

The sculpts in general look pretty good, although there's still a lack of non-lightsaber wielding female characters for PCs to use... but at least the PCs with female lightsaber wielding characters have a few more options available.

Hack it off! Hack it off! Weapon changes are generally pretty easy to do. I'm looking forward to the Dug - there's bounty hunter stats waiting for him in my campaign!

cheshire
1 February 2008, 06:19 AM
Is there a pic up of the promo poster yet?

Darth Jerrod
1 February 2008, 08:25 AM
This is going to be a good set I am sure.

I would like to see the full stats of the legacy figures.

Admiral Zaarin
1 February 2008, 11:13 AM
... Given that we have the stats on ... two? ... minis from this set, I'm not sure where you're getting this from.
I'm basing this on what we see of this set, as well as The Force Unleashed set. I mean, seriously, Improved Mobile Attack is insane. 8o

Elvenshae
1 February 2008, 01:02 PM

I'm basing this on what we see of this set, as well as The Force Unleashed set. I mean, seriously, Improved Mobile Attack is insane. 8o

IMA isn't, actually, insane.

It's just a little bit better than Mobile Attack and Twin (and then only situationally).

Stratos
1 February 2008, 01:16 PM
Is there a pic up of the promo poster yet?

http://khryssun.free.fr/starwars-miniatures/Preview_LOTF.php

or

http://www.the-holocron.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=149&Itemid=1

Admiral Zaarin
1 February 2008, 01:41 PM
Looks pretty good. A lot of people will be excited to see a generic Kel Dor. I'm excited (though my finances are worried) to see another new version of my favorite character, Mara Jade. :D Though I don't know who most of these people are, there are some cool sculpts that I'd actually use. :)

Donovan Morningfire
2 February 2008, 06:07 AM
Looking at the various scuplts, I couldn't help but think "Shado Vao, Kung Fu Jedi!"

And hey, there's a Zeltron in the mix... maybe Gary or Sterling can sneak in SECR stats for the Zeltron species during one of the inevitiable LotF mini previews? ;)

I do have to wonder just how sick the new Boba Fett figure is going to be...

Sithspawn
2 February 2008, 06:26 AM
I am looking forward to this set. I may not be a fan of New Republic in the fiction but it's about time they got some more support in the mins. the same goes for OR, Mando & Vong.

My favourite faction the Seperatists only get a single mini though. Although I guess the Guard Droid will be good for them as the Telosian Tank was in FU.

I've ordered two cases, so I just hope I don't get too many duplicate uniques.

I love the inclusion of the Dug and generic Kel dor. But my biggest gripe is still too many humans instead of aliens.

Biggest wants: Mando Troopers, Rep Training Sarg. (for a custom of a PC).

Still, this looks like it could be the best set yet. :D

This came up with Force Unleashed, and I'm sticking to my opinion on that. Marketing. Make the new figures better, or better for the cost and the people will want the new ones. And for those who play competitions you'll have to get the new ones to stay competetive. B)

Admiral Zaarin
2 February 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm excited that Nomi Sunrider is finally getting a miniature; I love that era and I'm going to be having a campaign set in that era in a few months. :D Even though I have no idea who he is, I could use Darth Caedus as a generic Jedi. That Human bodyguard is pretty cool looking too. It's also exciting to see more things from KotOR like Canderous and the Mando. It's also nice to see my favorite faction, the Sith, being beefed up with yet more heroes (which is pretty much all they have anyway :rolleyes: ), even though I don't recognize a single one of those "Darths".

Sithspawn
2 February 2008, 10:47 AM
Krayt, Talon & Nihl are out of the Legacy comic series.

Lumiya is from the Marvel comics, although I think she has bee in a novel or two.

Darth Caedus is, I think and I'm not 100%, Jacen Solo.

Admiral Zaarin
2 February 2008, 01:21 PM
When did Jacen become a Sith? :?

Stratos
2 February 2008, 05:32 PM
When did Jacen become a Sith? :?

In the Legacy of the Sith novels set about 30+ years after ROTJ, Lumiya (from Marvel comics) comes back and leads Jacen in the ways of the Sith... in a sense becoming his master. She gives many props to Vegere for being his first "dark master".

Vergere is a mini we are desperately missing... and not a Republic era Jedi Master either... I want a New Republic era Vong Jedi!

Donovan Morningfire
3 February 2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
This came up with Force Unleashed, and I'm sticking to my opinion on that. Marketing. Make the new figures better, or better for the cost and the people will want the new ones. And for those who play competitions you'll have to get the new ones to stay competetive. B)
Well, it's a marketing strategy that has been proven frakin' effective with M:tG and other CCG's over the years.

And given it was the profits from M:tG that allowed WotC to acquire the D&D license in the first place, they don't see a need to change a formula that works so darn well, becuase given how much the SW CMG makes, it certainly ain't broken.

Side note, I took another look at the set list, and I do believe we have something that has not occurred in the history of the line...

There isn't a Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in the entire list 8o

Sithspawn
3 February 2008, 10:49 AM
It was mentioned a while back that WOTC had a new deal with LFL to allow them to be more inventive with the minis. Maybe WOTC got rid of the much rumoured Vader clause?

Changing the subject, here are the stats on the Promo Elite Rebel Commando mini. Looks good, very good. B)

Elite Rebel Commando
Faction: Rebels
Cost: 16

HP: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Grenades 10
Ion Gun +20
Override
Stealth
Twin

cheshire
3 February 2008, 02:32 PM
It appears that the promo poster has a map on the back of it. Does anyone know how one would get one of the promo posters? I certainly wouldn't mind having a new map to play on.

Evil overlord
4 February 2008, 10:54 AM
The new Rebel Commando is amazingly good for an extra 2 points over the orginal. As for the posters, I grabbed one from a gaming store (for free:D ) so I can only assume that there being sent out.

Admiral Zaarin
4 February 2008, 03:15 PM
There isn't a Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in the entire list
That is impressive.

In the Legacy of the Sith novels set about 30+ years after ROTJ, Lumiya (from Marvel comics) comes back and leads Jacen in the ways of the Sith... in a sense becoming his master. She gives many props to Vegere for being his first "dark master".

Vergere is a mini we are desperately missing... and not a Republic era Jedi Master either... I want a New Republic era Vong Jedi!
*sigh* They kill of my favorite character (Mara) and turn one of my other favorites to the Dark Side, which seems rather out of character for him. Ah, well, that's why I stay away from NJO and beyond...But everyone has their own opinion of what's cool and what's canon.

Donovan Morningfire
5 February 2008, 03:14 AM
*sigh* They kill of my favorite character (Mara) and turn one of my other favorites to the Dark Side, which seems rather out of character for him. Ah, well, that's why I stay away from NJO and beyond...But everyone has their own opinion of what's cool and what's canon.
One of many reasons I pretty much throw out the majority of the post-RotJ EU when I run games in that era.

Given the set's release date on March 7th (thank Yoda this isn't even remotely tied into the marketing fiasco that Force Unleashed is quickly becoming), I'm thinking we'll start seeing figure previews on either this week's Thursday update or next.

Stratos
5 February 2008, 03:30 AM

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Everyone needs to die some time and Lucas has still said Luke, Han, and Leia can't be touched so... kill off fan-favorite EU characters is the only logical place to go. As for Jacen turning... it's a long and complicated reasonings - certainly nothing to be discussed in the minis forum - but since many of you have written off this aspect of SW anyhow, there's no reason to waste breath (or typing) on it.

Donovan Morningfire
5 February 2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Stratos
Well, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Everyone needs to die some time and Lucas has still said Luke, Han, and Leia can't be touched so... kill off fan-favorite EU characters is the only logical place to go. As for Jacen turning... it's a long and complicated reasonings - certainly nothing to be discussed in the minis forum - but since many of you have written off this aspect of SW anyhow, there's no reason to waste breath (or typing) on it.
I thought it was only Luke that was protected as such. Still agree with Mr. Zahn that offing a fan-loved charactrer in any genre just to "ratchet up" the tension level is a pretty cheap ploy, much like Chewie's death at the start of NJO.

Back on topic... in regards to the "Elite" Rebel Commando, that guy is pretty hefty. Only does 10 damage, but with the Ion ability it will make this guy worth every point against droid armies, even more so if he's combined with someone that gives him a damage boost or Deadeye, especially with Twin Attack.

Evil overlord
12 February 2008, 04:01 PM
The map on the back of the poster is passable at best, as it has three different levels, and if you give cover for those on the higher platforms, he who starts out on the left will donimate. I ran a simulation with my brother. A 50-pt. shooter squad on the left beat the stuffing out of a 200 pt. melee squad on the right. I also have a question to pose. What are all the Imps doing waving around white 'sabers?

Donovan Morningfire
13 February 2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
I also have a question to pose. What are all the Imps doing waving around white 'sabers?
You mean the Imperial Knights from the Legacy comic? They all wield white lightsabers of the same hilt design as a show of solidarity in their loyalty to the Emperor. Maybe it started as their way of thumbing their noses at the Jedi Order, effectively saying "our motives are purer than yours" as well as standing out in the crowd and helping to ensure nobody mistook them for run-of-the-mill Jedi Knights (reading the comics for the first story arc, these guys have a serious ego problem, so it would fit).

But since the IK also have a cortosis weave gauntlet as part of their standard issue armor, maybe it's also a case of their lightsabers being specifically designed to not be affected by cortosis, and the white blade is a side-effect of that.

Ultimately, they have white lightsabers because it looks cool and is distinctive.

Evil overlord
20 February 2008, 07:17 AM
Any idea when WOTC is going to start putting up preveiws for this?

Donovan Morningfire
21 February 2008, 04:10 PM
Any idea when WOTC is going to start putting up preveiws for this?
Pick a date. Then when they don't post an update, you can both be surprised ;)

In all seriousness, I would have thought they would have started this week at the latest, as the set comes out either March 30th or April 7th (online retailer I pre-ordered mine from says March 30th, but I guess Amazon says they ship in April). They tend to do 6 to 7 preview articles, which doesn't given them a lot of time if they want to get the majority of them in before the set actually comes out.

To quote Papa Kurtz, "Looks like what they need is a size 9 boot in the ass."

Stratos
29 February 2008, 02:44 AM
Posted Thursday, confirming a March 28th release date.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/legacyoftheforce

Donovan Morningfire
29 February 2008, 05:31 AM
Darth Talon and Jagged Fel previews on KidzWorld.

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/11056-star-wars-miniatures-legacy-of-the-force-set-previews

Gregarious looks to be quite potent for a squad of pilots. Combine with Garm Bel Ibis to bring in a slew of pilots from the Rebel Alliance courtesy of his Reinforcements ability and suddenly you've got some pretty accurate shooters.

cheshire
29 February 2008, 07:12 AM
SWM: Jagged Fel
Figure: Jagged Fel
Faction: Imperial
Cost: 10
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 17
Attack: +8
Damage: 10
Set #: 24/60
Rarity: Rare
# Special Abilities: Unique
# Pilot
# Affinity - This character may be in a New Republic squad.
# Gregarious - +4 Attack if an ally is within 6 squares.

# Commander Effect: Pilot followers gain Gregarious.

Wow. 10 cost? Are they serious. It's a pretty good piece, though a bit undercosted, IMHO.

Figure: Darth Talon
Faction: Sith
Cost: 56
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 20
Attack: +11
Damage: 20
Set #: 7/60
Rarity: Super Rare
# Loner - +4 Attack if no allies are within six squares.
# Melee Attack
# Mobile Attack - Can move both before and after attacking.
# Stealth - If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than six squares when choosing targets.
# Twin Attack - Whenever this character attacks, she makes one extra attack against the same target.
# Force Powers: Force 1.
# Force Renewal 1.
# Force Bubble - Force 1: When this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 20.
# Force Lightning - Force 1: Replaces attacks, range 6, 20 damage.

That doesn't seem too out of line with what they've been producing lately. It looks like a pretty decent mini. I wouldn't mind having her in my Sith Squad.

Evil overlord
29 February 2008, 07:38 AM
While Fel looks fine, I have a problem with Talon. From the way it reads, she can keep Force Bubble activated all the time, never taking any damage expect from people who do 30+ damage. Correct me if that assumption is wrong, but if I'm correct, everybody will be playing her, entierely ruining the game.

cheshire
29 February 2008, 08:30 AM
It just doesn't seem like that can be the case. It's only Force 1, which would be pretty cheap if you were only using it for one round.

Stratos
29 February 2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the link! Wow, why is Jag only 10 points and not around 25 (at the least?).

Donovan Morningfire
29 February 2008, 12:41 PM
While Fel looks fine, I have a problem with Talon. From the way it reads, she can keep Force Bubble activated all the time, never taking any damage expect from people who do 30+ damage. Correct me if that assumption is wrong, but if I'm correct, everybody will be playing her, entierely ruining the game.
I'm thinking that Force Bubble is per attack, much like the Deflect power is for many of the Jedi figures. Granted, hook her up to a steady supply of Force Points, such as a Sith with both Force Renewal and the ability to let a character spend their Force Points (aka a Palpatine type figure), and she can get a good deal nastier. Still won't last long against the high-tier beat sticks, especially someone like CS Darth Maul or CS Mace Windu, both of whom have extended threat ranges, or even General Grievous, Jedi Hunter with his 4 attacks per round if he starts in base contact with her, and he's got a pretty good chance of hitting her each round. Then there's the monsters like Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter (+4 to hit and +10 damage against Force-users) and General Windu, who can spend a Force Point against you and make his first attack each round count as a natural 20.

Admiral Zaarin
29 February 2008, 01:19 PM
General Windu, who can spend a Force Point against you and make his first attack each round count as a natural 20.
He is my bane, every fierce time. :mad:

Donovan Morningfire
4 March 2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview1

First Wizards preview, featuring the Training Sergeant and Shado Vao (the latter of which looks to have a bad case of giraffe neck)

Looking at Shado's stats, Power Creep is in full effect, seeing as he has just about every lightsaber-based Force power on top of Force Renewal and Master of the Force 2, not to mention greater mobile attack.

And the Training Sergeant is going to make Republic Commando squads quite beardy 8o

Admiral Zaarin
4 March 2008, 03:27 PM
(the latter of which looks to have a bad case of giraffe neck)
Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw it was, "What is wrong with that poor Chiss Jedi's neck?" And then I read that he was a Twi'lek... :o

Sithspawn
6 March 2008, 10:22 AM
Canderous Ordo on starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other/rpg/news20080305.html

Triple Attack with 30 damage, and he get Regeneration. A pretty decent depiction of Canderous.

cheshire
6 March 2008, 12:34 PM
It almost makes me sad that I traded away all of my Mandos.

Admiral Zaarin
6 March 2008, 01:50 PM
A pretty decent depiction of Canderous.
Stats, yes. Sculpt...no. Could just be the picture, I guess...

Donovan Morningfire
7 March 2008, 02:34 AM
Canderous Ordo on starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other/rpg/news20080305.html

Triple Attack with 30 damage, and he get Regeneration. A pretty decent depiction of Canderous.
Nice find.

With 120 hit points and not much of a need to move once he gets into a prime shooting position, he's going to be the bane of mook-centric squads, as he can take most of them out with one shot at 30 damage a pop.

Sculpt I'm pretty happy with, as it reflects the Candy-man during his Kotor1 appearance. At least it's not as deformed as Shado's was.

Admiral Zaarin
7 March 2008, 07:01 PM
Personally, I'm not seeing the likeness. But that's just me.

Donovan Morningfire
9 March 2008, 07:12 AM
Darth Talon and Jagged Fel previews on KidzWorld.

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/11056-star-wars-miniatures-legacy-of-the-force-set-previews

Site's now been updated with Darth Nihl. Guy is some prime beatstick material, but lacks Force Renewal to get anything more than a few shots of Force Lightning off.

cheshire
9 March 2008, 01:22 PM
Though I think he's appropriately costed. Not every Force user now needs Force Renewal. Personally, I think that it's an ability that's become far too widespread after Force Unleashed.

This guy, with a decent Commander Effect, and a good attack and defense is an all around good Sith beatstick. With so many high-cost Sith, this guy is a good addition to the faction.

Donovan Morningfire
9 March 2008, 03:42 PM
Though I think he's appropriately costed. Not every Force user now needs Force Renewal. Personally, I think that it's an ability that's become far too widespread after Force Unleashed.
Well, to be fair (somewhat) a lot of the FU minis had Force Powers that required more Force Points to use than the piece started with.

That and since Darth Talon has Force Renewal herself it kinda struck me as odd that her peer Nihl didn't. But then maybe since in the comics he's much more of a physical combatant than Force wielder it makes sense he doesn't have it.

Admiral Zaarin
10 March 2008, 02:35 PM
Don't know who he is, but he wields a saber strikingly similar to one of my Jedi NPCs. 8o

Sithspawn
11 March 2008, 03:54 AM
17 days to the release of Legacy.

Does anyone have a way to leap 17 days into the future? The only way I know takes 17 days :raised:

Donovan Morningfire
11 March 2008, 06:06 AM

Does anyone have a way to leap 17 days into the future? The only way I know takes 17 days :raised:
If I knew how to do that, I'd leap much further than that, like middle of April (schedule vacation) or June 6th (D&D4e) or even August (KOTOR sourcebook).

Sadly, I don't, so I guess we're stuck doing it the old-fashioned way...

Admiral Zaarin
11 March 2008, 10:08 AM

I'm afraid if I knew how to shift time, I'd be more apt to go backward, but that's not going to help you, is it? :(

Sithspawn
13 March 2008, 03:45 AM
Yay, more stats :D

Wolf Sazen
New Republic
Pts: 39
HP: 100
Def: 21
Att: +10
Dam: 20

SA: Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack, Opportunist (!)

FP: Force 4; Force Push 2; Surprise Move

link: http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other...s20080312.html

Wolf seems a solid mid costed Jedi, pretty good.

Emperor Roan Fel
Imperial, VR
Cost: 57
HP: 100
Def: 20
Atk: +12
Dam: 20

SA: Unique, Imperial Knight, Melee Attack, Triple Attack, Opportunist, Synergy (+4 if an allied Imperial Knight is within 6), It's a Trap!!!, Cortosis Gauntlet 17 (Whenever this character rolls a 17 or higher for a Lightsaber Block save against an enemy with a Lightsabar, that character is damage -20 for the remainder of the skirmish)

FP: Force 4, Lightsaber Block

CE: Adjacent followers gain Bodyguard.

Link: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_lotf2.jpg

Emperor Fel is very good, I mean, look at Cortosis Gauntlet 17! Can use 3pt Ewoks as bodyguards. Triple for a possible 90 with a +20 attack!

Donovan Morningfire
13 March 2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview2
From the WotC site, Cade Skywalker (aka Captain Emo McWhinnypants) and Delilah Blue

Admiral Zaarin
13 March 2008, 01:50 PM
Emperor Fel has a cool sculpt, based on the picture on the card. As for "Emo McWhinypants," I know nothing of him except that he would be a valuable asset to my Sith squad. :D

Sithspawn
13 March 2008, 11:12 PM
Cade would be worth his points without the Force Powers, so fantastic piece. Cade's character has developed for the better recently making Legacy my favourite comic at the moment.

Delilah I can't decide, I think she's slightly over-costed for essentially a support piece. But my Telosian Tank squad could benefit from her Industrial Repair 30.

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2008, 04:24 AM
Cade's character has developed for the better recently making Legacy my favourite comic at the moment.
Having started actually reading the series after a friend announced he was running a Star Wars campaign in that era, I'll agree that Cade isn't quite as bad as initial thoughts on him were. The nickname is from an old MacHall strip, and given my first real into to the character was him threatening to blow his own head off becuase he didn't want to accept his "destiny" kinda soured me on the guy. Still don't like him, but at least he's actually gotten some character development.

As for minis-game stats, considering the cost of Fel and what he can provide, maybe Blue is a bit overpriced. But as you said, her Gunner and Industrial Repair make her worthwhile for a vehicle/droid heavy squad, with Bounty Hunter giving her a bit more offensive oomph against Uniques.

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2008, 02:59 PM
Site's now been updated with Darth Nihl. Guy is some prime beatstick material, but lacks Force Renewal to get anything more than a few shots of Force Lightning off.
Updated yet again, this time with Jan Dodanna and Elite Vong Warrior

Sithspawn
15 March 2008, 01:59 AM
Well, the other sites are drooling over Dodonna & the Elite Vong, but I'm not, I'm really not.

The who one activation can be okay, but it's not a mega tactic, and will hurt you if your opponent was planning Initiative control to use cunning Attack. At least Dodonna gives you the option of one or two. Really thought he'd benefit Pilots though.

As for the Vong, 10 damage #yawn#. So this is Elite? 'Other' sites are raving about that he can get up to +15 attack with CE's? Well, that's great... but I play Disruptive & DR10 pieces against Vong, so, what ya' gonna do now? :P

Admiral Zaarin
15 March 2008, 06:14 AM
Dodonna is interesting, though I was under the impression he died at Yavin, which would make it rather complicated for him to serve the New Republic. :rolleyes: I like the fact that you can choose to only activate one, whereas Ozzel forces you to only activate one. Of course, I don't play Rebels or New Republic, so that's all a moot point.

Donovan Morningfire
16 March 2008, 02:04 AM
More previews for LotF:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20080313a

Pretty most of these have been revealed already in a previous link in this thread, but at least these three are in english ;)

Admiral Zaarin
16 March 2008, 09:45 AM
Roan Fel's sculpt is amazing...I want him. 8o

Sithspawn
17 March 2008, 03:23 AM
*** SPOILER ***

It seems there has been another leak, basically a seller has sold Legacy boosters early and the stats have crept online as they do.

Through respect for Moridin's positon with WOTC I'm not going to repeat the stats here, but the link below (to WOTC forums) has some info and stats. We'll let the wizo's decide if the info is to stay or go.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1004595

Donovan Morningfire
20 March 2008, 01:57 PM
KidzWorld now has Nomi Sunrider listed...

Figure: Nomi Sunrider
Faction: Old Republic
Cost: 41
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 19
Attack: +12
Damage: 20
Set #: 01/60
Rarity: Super Rare
# Melee Attack
# Double Attack
# Mettle - If this character spends 1 Force poitn to reroll, add +4 to the result.
# Force Powers: Force 2
# Force Renewal 1
# Battle Meditation - Force 2, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +2 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire.
# Lightsaber Block - Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.
# Lightsaber Deflect - Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.
# Sever Force - Force 3, replaces turn: Target adjacent character cannot spend Foce points for the rest of the skirmish.
# Force 2
# Commander Effect: Allied characters gain Mettle.

And she does indeed have Sever Force, which looks to be pretty costly but would nueter Force-fueled beatsticks in a hurry. Hard to believe she has all those powers for a mere 41 points. Defense is "only" a 19, but still...

Donovan Morningfire
20 March 2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview3

Dug Fringer and Mando Trooper

Admiral Zaarin
20 March 2008, 04:45 PM
Nice to see a new, KotOR style Mando.

Thomas
21 March 2008, 08:55 AM
Speaking of Mando units, looking at the sculpt, I think the Tw'iLek Scout is wearing Mandalorian armour underneath that cloak. Personally I want to get my hands on the Shadow Stormtrooper and the Mandalorian Gunslinger, I'm thinking I may have to make stats for either Mirta Gev or Aiyln Vel. Although I do wonder why WoTC decided to borrow heavily from Assassin's Creed when designing the Noghri Commando. Seeing that Deena Shan is in there, does this mean that we may at some point see a Janek 'Tank' Sunber anytime soon?

Sithspawn
21 March 2008, 09:31 AM
Well, all the stats are out now thanks to the French pre-release.

Krayt has Pilot, but not Melee - I think this will get an errata.

Bothan Noble grants followers an Attack, pretty good.

Kel Dor Bounty Hunter, if stats can be believed, is powerful for 13pts.

Cade is worth his 61pts before his Force Powers.

I can't wait 'til next Friday :D

Admiral Zaarin
21 March 2008, 12:47 PM
They'll be just in time for my next roleplaying session on Saturday the 29th! :D

Evil overlord
26 March 2008, 11:10 AM
Yes!!! My gaming store is getting the miniatures the day they're released. I've got a case pre-ordered, and I cannot wait to open it. :D

Admiral Zaarin
26 March 2008, 06:14 PM
Well, turns out neither Borders nor Barnes & Noble is stocking them before I game; I'll have to check at my local comic shop. :(

Donovan Morningfire
27 March 2008, 10:41 AM
Probably the last of the minis previews given tomorrow's release date...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview4

Deena Shan and NJO Han Solo

Darth Jerrod
27 March 2008, 12:29 PM
Borders in LaGrange IL dropped them today. I picked up 2 boosters.

my Rares? Shado Vao
48 pts
HP100 Def 22 Attack+13 Dmg 20
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Greater Mobile Attack

Force 2 Force Renewal 2
LS Block
LS Deflect
LS Precision
LS Riposte
MOF 2

Over all not a bad piece but I got two! in my two boosters, I picked two different booster covers. I dont think they open more than a case at a time there at borders so I am WORRIED.

Vong Lovers though

Yuuzham Vong Shaper
21pts
HP 50 Def 15 Attack +5 Dmg 20

Force Immunity
Melee Attack
Shaper +10 (YV allies within 6 squares get +10 dmg. This dmg IS multiplied by critical hits)

Donovan Morningfire
28 March 2008, 10:33 AM
Probably the last of the minis previews given tomorrow's release date...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview4

Deena Shan and NJO Han Solo
Seems I was a bit off the mark on that being the last preview...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/S3Puzzle1
Scroll down and you find stats for Darth Krayt, Jariah Syn, and Force Spirit Luke.

Thomas
28 March 2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Jerrod
I picked two different booster covers. I don't think they open more than a case at a time there at borders so I am WORRIED.

wow, I go to my local hobby shop and not only did she have a full case open for sale but she had a case put aside knowing that I'd be in to buy it :P

Stratos
28 March 2008, 06:01 PM
Bought cases tonight. Made one Rare for Rare trade. I only need 6 VR minis to complete the set of 60! Lol!

Overall I'm pleased with the sculpts and paints... better than the release poster. And the stats... WOW!

Donovan Morningfire
29 March 2008, 09:25 AM
Bought a few boosters from the local game shop.

Amongst the figs, I got....

- Boba Fett, Merc Commander
- Darth Tyranus, Legacy of Dark Side; superb beatstick for 49pts. Only gets Double Attack, but going toe-to-toe with this guy is probably a risky move for all but the top-tier beatsticks.
- Mara Jade Skywalker; pretty darn effective beatstick, especially if she gets the drop on you.
- Marasiah Fel
- Couple Imperial Knights (male sculpt)
- Darth Caedus; he's 60 points, but has some pretty effective abilties, including forcing a target to take 40 damage if they fall a DC 16 save) and Sith Rage and Lightsaber Assault to ramp up the damage.

Stratos,
I've still got a few cases due to arrive, so PM me if any of the VRs I listd above are amongst the ones you need and you'd be interested in trading.

Darth Jerrod
29 March 2008, 01:24 PM
I am currently waiting Coolstuffinc to process my buy list so I can buy a few cases with store credit. till then those two boosters I bought are it for me.

Evil overlord
29 March 2008, 03:28 PM
I got two packs, and both of the rares were Luke, Force Spirit. WHY?!:(

Darth Jerrod
29 March 2008, 03:38 PM
I dont mean to smile but I am not the only one it has happened to now! I think the distribution on some of the cases was messed up.

Stratos
29 March 2008, 06:21 PM
I dont mean to smile but I am not the only one it has happened to now! I think the distribution on some of the cases was messed up.

A friend of mine bought and opened two cases Friday night when I was opening mine (we had a party!) and his two cases were nearly identical in R & VR. In fact, he got 11 dupes in his second case. The only oddball was VR Cade - which my friend claims makes up for the dupes.

Donovan Morningfire
30 March 2008, 04:59 AM
Kinda makes me glad I didn't order cases this time around if the examples posted here are any indication.

Instead opted to order 1 full set, 1 set of UC, and 1 set of C from CoolStuff. They should be arriving on Wednesday.

Donovan Morningfire
30 March 2008, 05:01 AM
I am currently waiting Coolstuffinc to process my buy list so I can buy a few cases with store credit. till then those two boosters I bought are it for me.
Reminds me I need to go through my leftover R & VRs from past sets and see about getting some store credit for them as well, probably for the next expansion.

Thomas
30 March 2008, 01:01 PM
hey if the distribution was screwed up, I'm not complaining. I got Boba Fett: Mercenary Commander, Darth Nihl, Mara Jade Skywalker, and ALL the Mandalorians from the seven boosters I got, it was worth the bunch of Stormtroop...I mean Galactic Alliance soldiers I got.

Sithspawn
30 March 2008, 03:27 PM
I got me two cases;

Luke x2
Luke ghost
Deena Shan x2
Shado Vao x2
Darth Krayt
Darth Nihl
Darth Caedus
Gen. Dodonna
Deliah Blue x2
Syn
Canderous
Leia
Nomi
Lumiya
Darth Tyranus
Draco
Mara Jade
Han Solo
Kyle Katarn
Marasiah Fel

Overall I'm pretty happy. This is a great set and it's going to be weeks before I've played half of these minis.

NR have gor a real boost with Han & Kyle. Kel Dor Bounty Hunter is awesome for his cost.

Set quality (sculpt & paint) is pretty good too. Very happy with that.

Just wish I'd got more Mando (Neo-Crusader) Troopers. :D

Donovan Morningfire
3 April 2008, 12:44 PM
Picked up my shipment from UPS.

Now comes the fun of sorting them :) ('though I need to stop at a Wally-World and pick up some card sleeves)

Oh, turns out there was one last minis preview to be had on the WotC site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/LOTFpreview5

Darth Krayt and Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster

Darth Jerrod
3 April 2008, 02:38 PM
I have 2 cases of Legacy on the way along with 2 BH boosters and 3 Universe Boosters. They will be here Monday, something to look forward to after a early start at work. By 2pm I will be ripping the boosters open I hope!!!

I am now on Binder 3 for my mini's

I have a tote full of them. I was storing them in freezer bags but I am thinking of heading to the dollar store and doing a those ziplock tupperware style containers.

The dollar store next to my job has millions of them for sale. I will put commons in a big one, UC in another and R/VR in these cool containers I bought at Gencon last year. Got them at a clearance at the local CVS so its nothing game related. They just came in handy for storing my R and VR.

Admiral Zaarin
3 April 2008, 02:50 PM
Picked up three boosters monday. Got Kyle Katarn, Battlemaster (great for the miniature game, if I played NR; but I feel the face wasn't very well done), Moff Nyna Calixte (no idea who she is, but she'll do nicely as the miniature for one of my PCs in RPGing), and Jan Dodonna. Les valuably but equally importantly for roleplaying, I got a Human Scoundrel (love his sculpt!), an Imperial Knight, a Kel Dor Bounty Hunter, and various other commons and uncommons.

I intended to pick up another pack today, but as it turns out my local Borders was out. :( I'll have to pick one up later, but my Borders is infamously slow at restocking. :mad:

Moridin
3 April 2008, 02:51 PM
Just wish I'd got more Mando (Neo-Crusader) Troopers. :D

Just wait a few months.

Darth Jerrod
3 April 2008, 04:17 PM
Moff Nyna Calixte (no idea who she is, but she'll do nicely as the miniature for one of my PCs in RPGing),

Bio @ Wookieepedia WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS just beyond this link (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nyna_Calixte)

And just an FYI for those who know who she is... It flew way over my head and I did not realize it until looking up her total bio. :o

Donovan Morningfire
4 April 2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Moridin
Just wait a few months.
Of course, in a few months is when the Knight of the OR expansion drops, which one would hazard would feature much in the way of KOTOR-era figures. So Neo-Crusader type Mandos does make sense, particulary if they're in the different color schemes seen in the game.

Donovan Morningfire
4 April 2008, 02:26 AM
Bio @ Wookieepedia WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS just beyond this link (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nyna_Calixte)

And just an FYI for those who know who she is... It flew way over my head and I did not realize it until looking up her total bio. :o
I guess that's one of the few perks of reading the comic book series. But then again reading her entire history... oh what tangled webs we weave ;)

Sithspawn
4 April 2008, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Moridin

Just wait a few months.

Yay! :D

Darth Jerrod
4 April 2008, 08:42 PM
Two Boosters today.

Mara Jade Skywalker
Jagged Fel

some pieces of note that I liked

I love the sculpts for
Imp Knight with the pony tail (doin this from memory dont have minis with me)
Vong Warrior
Elite Vong Warrior

they are nice sculpts

Donovan Morningfire
6 April 2008, 06:57 AM
By the by, if anyone wants a pretty effective Jedi killer that won't break the bank, take a gander at Jariah Syn (Fringe, 24pts)

Jedi Hunter + Cunning Attack = +8 to hit w/ +20 damage against unactivated Force-users, and add Bounty Hunter +4 against Uniques, for a total of +18 to hit and 40 damaga against non-activated Unique Force-users.

If he's going up against someone that doesn't have the Deflect power, he could be murder, as I witnessed watching a pick-up game between a couple of my friends last night.

Admiral Zaarin
6 April 2008, 10:19 AM

Wow, despite despising that era she is remarkably interesting. :)

Sithspawn
6 April 2008, 12:53 PM
I'm still so excited over Legacy of the Force. I've had a few games but still have some minis to come, so I've still not played Cade, Emp. Fel or Boba.

Not got the full potential out of Syn yet, due to rolling 1's on my first two shots with him!

NR with Kyle and Han can cause major problems with all their Disruptive.

Corsec guy is great, his CE is so useful.

Kel Dor is the outstanding non-unique of the set. Add Jabba Crime Lord to give them Cunning!

Canderous is an interesting piece. +10 attack is kay but not great, but Triple 30 damage makes him good.

Boba I've only played against and he is very tough to beat.

Shado Vao for less than 50pts is pretty good. MOTF 2 & Renewal helped me beat Boba.

Only played Krayt once against a top NR squad, so I need to try him out some more to find his niche.

Evil overlord
6 April 2008, 02:11 PM
Boba I've only played against and he is very tough to beat.
Boba's always hard to beat.:rolleyes:

Donovan Morningfire
6 April 2008, 03:28 PM
Boba's always hard to beat.:rolleyes:
I think the only version of Boba that isn't a beast is the young Boba from the RotS set.

Darth Jerrod
7 April 2008, 02:59 PM
2 Case Pull

Rares
Marasiah Fel x2
Canerous Ordo x2
General Dodonna
Moff Nyna Calixte
Han Solo Galactic Hero
Jariah Syn
Deen Shan x2
Lumiya, The Dark Lady
Antares Draco
Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side
Darth Tyranus, Legacy of the Dark Side
Jagged Fel
Deliah Blue

Very Rares
Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander
Nomi Sunrider
Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit x2
Cade Skywalker x2
Mara Jade Skywalker
Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight

Overall it was ok, I was really hoping for more Sith but I filled out my Vong nicely and I think I have just about every C and UC will know as soon as I plug everything into shoebox.